Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking of coloured text, we're supposed to pick an in character colour, aren't we?

Snargle would like to be "darkorchid" purple please, if that's OK?

I have a quick question about how we use our "Keys". Can these be used a limited number of times? Or can they be 'hit' as often as circumstances permit? For example, if Snargle is wise-cracking every other minute, can the Key of Banter be hit every time? How do we indicate we want to 'hit' it - just comment OOC under the entry? Do we ever have to roll to see if we 'hit' it? Here's hoping...

5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) = 1

I also noticed in the PDF there were mention of 'once per session' limitations to some actions, how do we define a session while playing by forum?

Finally, when do we need to have answered the red-text questions in the IC thread by?

Apologies for the wall of questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1017655. wvelkala
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:29 pm
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb

Kale's actions and dialog

'Kale's incharacter thoughts and inner-monologue'

Out of character, I hope this looks correct?

I've finished reading through the intro stuff and I'm looking over the PDF, I'll answer your intro post today.

I'm thumbing my own posts just for clarity since we're using the thumbs to denote what we've read, seems very self-aggrandizing to do so but

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
wvelkala wrote:
Talking of coloured text, we're supposed to pick an in character colour, aren't we?

It makes things easier I find. Each to his own of course, but I do fing it helps make spoken words easier to see (especially if you are also writing internal dialogue alonside it.

Quote:
Snargle would like to be "darkorchid" purple please, if that's OK?

Aye, no problem

Quote:
I have a quick question about how we use our "Keys". Can these be used a limited number of times? Or can they be 'hit' as often as circumstances permit? For example, if Snargle is wise-cracking every other minute, can the Key of Banter be hit every time? How do we indicate we want to 'hit' it - just comment OOC under the entry? Do we ever have to roll to see if we 'hit' it? Here's hoping...

Once per interaction. Think of it like real life - you might get more than one laugh in a conversation but you wouldn't be called a great comic more than once by any given person.

The ooc comment in the thread is perfect. Or in the ooc thread. No roll needed - it's like you in real life hitting the key of nerd whenever you discuss rpgs with someone!

Quote:
wvelkala previously rolled 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) = 1

I also noticed in the PDF there were mention of 'once per session' limitations to some actions, how do we define a session while playing by forum?

In pbf a session is a long time. We would do it up to the point of a natural break. In this instance that will be once you have escaped and are safely away from danger.

Quote:
Finally, when do we need to have answered the red-text questions in the IC thread by?

They are the uber important (in my eyes) questions. So as soon as possible, but nothing is mandatory. My questions are there to make you think like your character and how they might be feeling at that moment. So take them as you want

Quote:
Apologies for the wall of questions!

It's what I'm here for! 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

I'm thumbing my own posts just for clarity since we're using the thumbs to denote what we've read, seems very self-aggrandizing to do so but

Sweet...but don't thumb your own post lol....you wrote it so I hope you read it too hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad, thumbing everything!

So at a high level the players tell the story, and we'll have to play off one another. So if I'm the first to respond in our ICC thread do I effectively get to choose if we're together in a cell or if I/we're separate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to ask something similar - I've got answers for Snargle's prompts; should I just pick one of the group questions and answer that too? I'm tempted to say we're guarded but only by one guard - it's only flying a flase flag after all, not like they know who we really are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple answer: yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
wvelkala wrote:
I was about to ask something similar - I've got answers for Snargle's prompts; should I just pick one of the group questions and answer that too? I'm tempted to say we're guarded but only by one guard - it's only flying a flase flag after all, not like they know who we really are!

I'm still working on my post so feel free to drop in Rai and I'll follow your lead on the guards. I'm thinking we're all in a combined cell (since at the moment we're just being detained for identification) but what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, I, Cyrus Vance (or the guy who's playing him, at least) has put together my first IC note. I tried to stay away from pre-defining anything for anyone else, and I only took my story up to the point of actual capture, so our "current" status is still open for conversation. If there are any thoughts, or concerns, please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracking post Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
I'm still working on my post so feel free to drop in Rai and I'll follow your lead on the guards. I'm thinking we're all in a combined cell (since at the moment we're just being detained for identification) but what do you think?

I too was thinking combined cell; and great first post, Dave, er, Cap'n, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lot's of internal monologue at the moment, hope that seems ok? I figure there's not much to be said in the company of a guard.

Let me know if style/formatting or whatever seems off. I've decided to run Kale as a woman and tried to answer the question on what I'd like to get and that we're in a cell together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more wonderful posts!

All great so far. I would say one thing - throw some obstacles in, don't make it a walk in the park or there's no fun in the escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
My goal for my character description, my initial IC post, is to show that while everyone else is thinking about their situation, she's still only focused on herself.

Is this type of OOC commentary helpful or unnecessary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be interested to see how the character develops! From my perspective, whatsoever OOC conversation we want to have is perfectly fine, if it helps to build a better story. Of course, I'm not the GM, so who am I to say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
straydawg wrote:
I'll be interested to see how the character develops! From my perspective, whatsoever OOC conversation we want to have is perfectly fine, if it helps to build a better story. Of course, I'm not the GM, so who am I to say

What he said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I've some fantastic ideas for GMs questions. If my boss leaves the office at anytime I'll endeavour to get them up. But don't wait on me if you have something to say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I had my next little post. Sorry about the length, I don't plan on making them ALL so, ahem, wordy, but I ended up doing some tossing and turning, so I put together my "plan" (which ended up failing quite thoroughly, it appears) Now that my "plan" has succeeded in making things slightly worse for us, I'm looking forward to our GM's prompts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the D&D alignment test based on myself, not on a character. I'm Chaotic Neutral which makes sense to pretty much everyone who knows me. I'm not opposed to a little ruckus to mix things up to keep them interesting. I dig. Let's go with it. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't plan on explaining everything I do, of course. I just wanted to be clear about my character's intent from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll jump in here where Snargle's shaking hands with our guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting Sam, just so I understand, will you be jumping in as a normal aspect of the game or were you interjecting due to a misstep or lack of progress on our part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
In response.... ;)
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
Interesting Sam, just so I understand, will you be jumping in as a normal aspect of the game or were you interjecting due to a misstep or lack of progress on our part?

So I will play or introduce the NPCs (you can still do this to a certain extent of course!), I will throw problems in your path if I think there should be one, or I might give solutions. Think of me as the random element in the game, the one which might send things off in a direction you didn't anticipate in order to keep you all on your toes!

There was no miss-step, but the guard had already been alerted to some possible underhandedness on the part of Cyrus so while his enthusiasm over-took him for a second I figured it probably wouldn't last very long so ramped up situation a tad by controlling the NPC for a moment.

Progress wise - you are all off to a thundering start and I'm really happy with how things are progressing already!

BTW - did you all notice what I did with the Subject of my two posts? Feel free (*IF* you wish) to change the Subject line on your post to read your characters name so help recognise instantly what character is posting. Totally optional though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't even thought of updating the subject line. --Cyrus Vance
Thanks for the update, and for keeping things moving. I've been careful to make sure every player posts before I make another post since I don't want to monopolize. Would you recommend something different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have something to say, feel free to say it

If we wait for everyone to post once before you post again it will take a long time, and sometimes a character does not need to be foremost in a scene (ie if Snargle and Kale are nattering together)

If you need to edit a post (and it won't break the story) do so. Ie to make things clearer or sort typos if they bug you!

Oh, and if you think a roll should be less or more than the normal 3 say what your target is in the ROLL COMMENT (this way it can't be edited afterwards!!)

IE:

Is Bifford Smarter than the average bear? Target 3 as average! 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 2

It would appear I am not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018594. Bifford
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Is Bifford Smarter than the average bear? Target 3 as average!
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 pm
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |