Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Tales from the Loop
Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game
Legacy of Dragonholt
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
C2: The Ghost Tower of Inverness
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Beyond the Mountains of Madness
Monster Manual II
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Ruins of the North
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Reign of Terror
The Breached Fortress of Anoros
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
Evernight
Fields of Ruin
Orcs of the High Mountains
The Vault and Time
ASE1: Anomalous Subsurface Environment: City of Denethix and Dungeon Level 1
The 9Qs
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Westward: Core Rulebook
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Storm King's Thunder
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
ADP6-04: Fantastic Locations: Fields of Ruin
Genesys Core Rulebook
Game Trade Magazine (Issue 211 - Sep 2017)
Borg Cube Collector's Edition Box
Star Trek Adventures Roleplaying Dice Set
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Shadows over Bögenhafen
Paranoia
Player's Handbook (AD&D 2e)
S2: White Plume Mountain
The Arcanum (First and Second Editions)
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there are so many! So many... so, I'm going to narrow this down to three from each category:

Want to play:
Lasers and Feelings - I own it, and I'd love to see how it is run before attempting to run it myself.
DramaSystem - I've created a couple of Series Pitches, at some point I should actually find out how the game plays!
Swords of the Skull-Takers - I have this all printed out, I just need to find my favorite Tarot deck so I can run through it!

Want to run:
Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok - Fafnir's Treasure (2nd Ed) - I own it, and I really should run this, as I really want to build a world based on Norse Myths.
Aboard the Death Ship - I don't own it yet, I'd need to find it, but I think my husband would love it.
Sorceress Bloody Sorceress - sounds like it would be a lot of fun... again, I'd have to get a copy first - but it sounds worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Playing The One Ring, D&D 5th
badge
Running 7th Sea (2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend of the Five Rings (4th Edition) as a player.

Monsters and Other Childish Things as a GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fragged Empire and Agone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try The Burning Wheel Gold as a player - it's a lot to take on, and never had anyone to run it.

I'd also be quite keen to give Vampire: The Requiem or another of the [Monster]: the [noun] RPGs a go as a player, as I just don't see how to run them as a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
What RPG that you have never previously played would you most like to try out at least once?

Why?

Would you prefer to GM or be a player?
I've got 56 RPGs listed as "Want to Play" in RPGGeek I haven't played at all, and you want me to pick just one?

https://rpggeek.com/collection/user/skalchemist?wanttoplay=1...

I don't think I can do that. But I will limit it to just five of particular interest at this moment...

Phoenix: Dawn Command: Kickstarted this it is so very pretty and interesting.

Night Witches: Same as above, plus also deep and meaningful.

Masks of the Mummy Kings: This seems like a one-shot riot.

Velvet Glove: This one is so far up my alley its blocking the loading dock and the exhaust fumes are coming in the windows.

Mutant: År Noll: but really Mutant: Genlab Alfa. Post-apocalyptic animal people is a thing I have been fond of since After the Bomb back in college.

I think in all cases I would rather GM, at least partially, but that's no surprise since that is almost my universal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmb
Probably something GUMSHOE'y.

On paper the system seems kind of wonky for my tastes, but the premise seems supremely sublime, and I hear it works in actual play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daumen
United States
The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
(Tennessee and Wisconsin in between)
badge
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to play One Ring, Pendragon & Over the Edge in roughly that order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I would also like to try Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of shelves full of games I'd like to run or play.

It's hard to pick a top one, so the main ones:

Dark Heresy - I have issues with setting specifics...but like the general concept. I'd like to tweak the setting and give it a try.

Unknown Armies - I own a lot of books for this, but have never been in a group willing to give it a shot. This could be my top pick.

Over the Edge - Same as Unknown Armies.

Shadows of Esteren - Setting looks very interesting.

Shadows Over Sol - This is a new system. It hits my main preferences for a SF setting, no FTL and set in the solar system, with strong elements of horror. Normally I'm averse to card resolution mechanics, but these have me interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam ko
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd like to play Cadwallon, I'm currently GMing it, but I want to experience it from the other side of the screen.

For something that I really never played at all : Amber Diceless Role-Playing (as a player), because I recently finished the novels and the diceless system seems interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got three that I Kickstarted and am waiting for delivery on. Hopefully they start to arrive soon.

Planet Mercenary, the Schlock Mercenary RPG, is supposed to be arriving at my doorstep sometime soon. I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll run a game at Geekend next year.

I just Kickstarted Red Markets a couple months ago, and I'm very excited about that. We're going to be running a game of that in a couple months or so. The GM for that one has his own Kickstarter running right now, and we're playtesting materials for that. (Upwind. It's terrific.) We'll be using the rough draft PDF the designer handed out to the backers.

I also Kickstarted Wrath of the Autarch a while back. I've got the PDF, and am looking forward to running a game of that at some point. We'll see how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magical Burst, which is not in the RPGG database as far as I can tell. Looks interesting, but doesn't make a lot of sense. Knowing that it is based on the PbtA engine makes it more comprehensible, but I still have never made a lot of sense out of that.

Lady Blackbird is another one that looks interesting, but isn't at all well explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Lady Blackbird is another one that looks interesting, but isn't at all well explained.

I recall feeling that too on my first read-through, but ultimately it's light enough mechanically that there isn't really all that much to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
gnoll_commissar wrote:

+1

Which makes it maddening that I've been a member of my local (less than 10 mins walking from my house) RPG group since March this year, and have made it to zero sessions. I was due to play Delta Green over the summer but had to cancel principally due to my partner (she cannot cook) and our Little Man.

Now he has started nursery (13 months old), my partner has more time, thus I have more time, and will finally be able to attend my RPG group as I have signed up for D&D 5th ed (PHB should arrive at work tomorrow).

That said it is a toss up between Delta Green and Vampire: The Masquerade (2nd Edition). In all honesty, I'm pleased that I've come full circle and am able to play FTF RPGs in 2017 - around 23 years since I last played FTF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try one of the Modiphius 2d20 system games. If I had a choice it would be either Robert E. Howard's Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of or Star Trek Adventures Core Book. The life path creation system looks interesting and the system seems like it would be fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Dwarf: The Roleplaying Game and Judge Dredd: The Role-Playing Game.

I doubt either are any good though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampire: The Requiem A pbf once started, we made it through character creation and then it just stopped. This character has an extensive background for my standards and I was really looking forward to playing her.... Hope I will get the chance still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Trudeau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Either The One Ring or Hackmaster 5e. Very different games, but both look very interesting to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend of the Five Rings. I'd like to at least try it. I have friends that play that, but on same afternoons as the Pathfinder group I GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
aramis wrote:

I'm looking forward to trying Star Trek Adventures as a GM.

I'm curious to try 7th Sea 2E, too.

As this popped up again... I found STA disappointing in the long run. Comes close, but fails on the snowball effect. (Once the PC's are advantaged, they tend to stay that way. Once the PC's are disadvantaged notably, they cannot dig themselves out without the GM going VERY soft on them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.