Player's Handbook (D&D 3e)
DCC #051: Castle Whiterock
Clash of the Princes
A Spy in Isengard
Player's Handbook (AD&D 2e Revised)
Fiasco
Heart of Ice
Numenera
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Shadowrun RPG 5th Edition Core Rulebook
Dwarven Vengeance
The GameMaster's Apprentice
Adventures in the Borderland Provinces (Swords & Wizardry)
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Robert E. Howard's Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria, The Storytelling Game
Wilderland Adventures
Bree
The Curse of the Statuettes
Dungeon Master's Screen, Reincarnated
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
badge
"I have set my life upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die."
mbmbmbmbmb
What RPG that you have never previously played would you most like to try out at least once?

Why?

Would you prefer to GM or be a player?

Do you have a question you want asked as QOTD? Post here!

And if you want to find an old QOTD The big QOTD Summary and Subscription Thread Volume 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Trudeau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I've never really GM'ed anything, but as a player I'd love to play The One Ring. I've never played a Tolkien-esque RPG before and, from what I've seen and heard, that is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Tough
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a whole list of crap I want to try out as a player. But I guess the top one might be Wraith: The Oblivion I love White Wolf games and this is one of the ones I never got to try out. Plus the concept sounds pretty cool: you play as a ghost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try The One Ring as a player. I'm a fan of Tolkien and all things Middle Earth. I own the core book and a few supplements. So selfishly, I'd like to play sometime to see if it's something I'll want to hang on to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
What RPG that you have never previously played would you most like to try out at least once?

Why?

Would you prefer to GM or be a player?

Do you have a question you want asked as QOTD? Post here!

And if you want to find an old QOTD The big QOTD Summary and Subscription Thread Volume 2

I'm looking forward to trying Star Trek Adventures as a GM.

I'm curious to try 7th Sea 2E, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Pendragon? I'm not sure that would enjoy the focus of those rules, but I don't dislike RQ-based systems, and I certainly enjoy the subject matter enough.

Either player or GM would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Scholes
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a player, Night Witches, which I own but haven't had a chance to try out yet. I like games with somewhat "heavier" themes, and this one seems like it could be pretty intense.

As a GM, I'd like to run Dungeon World - I've run other Apocalypse World Engine games, but not this one, and I think it would be right up my alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to try out Smallville rpg if I found an experienced GM. I bought the book on sale and the concepts looked intriguing but the relationship mechanic which is a big part of the game seem too complicated for me to actually attempt on running a game on my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Saxon
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough, Mind's Eye Theater is up there. In addition, Apocalypse World is in contention for my really want to plays. Also, Delta Green
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play a game of Mutants and Masterminds. I'm a bit of a sucker for supers games as a bit of a change of pace, and the crunchy mechanics appeal to me (but obviously not everyone).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Sorcerer, and I'd really like to - partly because it's been so influential, and partly because it has such a reputation as a game that's difficult to master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Today I want to be a hypocrite.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Have you joined the 2016 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
Hey, go vote to choose the Hack the Black contest winners!
mbmbmbmbmb
The list, as they say, is long but distinguished.

I think I'd most like to play either something from the Lucha Libre genre (Lucha Libre Hero would be my first choice, but I'd settle for Luchadore or even Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game) or The One Ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I want to say F.A.T.A.L. here, I really don't ever want to either play it or witness it being played. I'd quite like a second chance at Recon or a go at playing either Phoenix Command with its insane hit location and damage tables or, better still, a good session of Throwing Stones with its designer
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

As for a RPG I've never played but would like to: Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) is the highest on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

I played Castle Falkenstein twice, but they were single sessions at conventions. I'd love to play a campaign. That setting has always called to me.

As for games I never played at all, I think Night's Black Agents sounds excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
The list, as they say, is long but distinguished.

I think I'd most like to play either something from the Lucha Libre genre (Lucha Libre Hero would be my first choice, but I'd settle for Luchadore or even Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game) or The One Ring.

I saw a copy of Lucha Libre Hero on sale last week. $5 Australian. I can go back and look to see if it's still there. Post to USA might put the cost close to $20 of your dollars. PM if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
Probably Apocalypse World. I mean, the #2 game on RPGG is probably alright. It would be nice to play the system, and I like the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition). My old group switched to Pathfinder Roleplaying Game because they were dissatisfied with the rules. I would at least like to see the difference between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveller (Classic or Mega). I have lots of material for it, but it's only ever been something I've read. I don't think I have the right temperament to run this kind of game, and neither (apparently) does anyone else from my table.

Oh, and Paranoia, too. Similar reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
“I can't bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.' It isn't that I can't toddle. It's just that I can't guess I'll toddle.” ― Robert Benchley
mbmbmbmbmb
The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men. I've wanted to try this for seven years now, and still haven't gotten in a game. Why? I love the concept, the unique character creation system and rules, and you get to eat gingerbread cookies while playing.

I'll play or GM but would prefer someone who actually knows how to cook make the cookies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Saxon
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men...and you get to eat gingerbread cookies while playing.

Why have I not heard of this?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot about Cat, the only Wick item I have the slightest interest in trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to bring Jadepunk to the table for quite a while as GM.

As a player: Legend of the Five Rings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LocomotiveBreath wrote:
I'd love to try Traveller, don't have any of the books though and I dont know if its one of those games that can be picked up on the go. Whenever I hear people talk about playing it I get the feeling it involves a scientific calculator and a few sheets of graph paper.

It's massively easy to pick up as a player. "Book 0 Introduction to Traveller" is free on Drive Thru and gives you a taste of the system.

Disclaimer: I'm terrible at maths but a huge Traveller fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
LocomotiveBreath wrote:
I'd love to try Traveller, don't have any of the books though and I dont know if its one of those games that can be picked up on the go. Whenever I hear people talk about playing it I get the feeling it involves a scientific calculator and a few sheets of graph paper.
Most editions can be learned "on the go"...
Just be warned - many long-time players' house rules cross the border on being entirely new editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Pendragon, as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.