[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

RPG» Forums » Community » Creative Fodder

Subject: RPGG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Microbadges [+] RPGG [+] [View All]
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Name: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
Mouseover: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
Grouping: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
RPGG > Contests
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that garion has a couple of RPG badges at the bottom of page 3 of the queue that he didn't post here. Also he has a duplicate on page 4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Also note that garion has a couple of RPG badges at the bottom of page 3 of the queue that he didn't post here. Also he has a duplicate on page 4?
Duplicate fixed!
I often forget I should post my submitted badges here... Mea Culpa blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Name 2017 RPG Geek Play-by-Forum New GM Initiative participant
Group RPGG
Adventures and Events
RPG Geek Play-by-Forum New GM Initiative participant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Duplicate fixed!
I often forget I should post my submitted badges here... Mea Culpa blush
No worries Geert! The only thing that happens when you forget to post here, is that I will not notice there's something for me to approve untill someone points it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Cimbaljević
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The microbadge has been submitted.

mb

Group: Role-Playing Related - Gaming
Grouping Description: Natural One
Name: Natural One victim
Mouseover Text: You reach out to push the enemy off to his death, but instead lightly caress his back. He is uncomfortable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy
France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Submitted :

Group - Roleplaying games > The Sprawl
Wiki Description - Fan of the Cyberpunk RPG, The Sprawl.
Name - The Sprawl RPG fan
Mouseover Text - Deniable asset - The Sprawl RPG fan

Image :

Inspiration :
The S from the cover

EDIT n°2 : The letters in my PDF appear much brighter than the cover on RPGG. Decided to keep the brighter one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > Polaris (needs to be seperated from the current group called Polaris which is for a different entry)
Grouping Description: Polaris RPG fan (same issue here concerning the other entry with the similar name)
Name: Polaris RPG fan
Mouseover Text: Polaris RPG fan

It seems to me that the full name for the existing entry is Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North while my MB is for the game called simply Polaris. I'm sure you'll figure out how to group them the best, Jonna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > Whitehack
Grouping Description: Whitehack RPG
Name: Whitehack RPG
Mouseover Text: Whitehack RPG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > Victoriana (new folder)
Grouping Description: Victoriana
Name: Victoriana 3rd Edition RPG fan
Mouseover Text: Victoriana 3rd Edition RPG fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Microbadges > Puns, Jokes, Self-Referentials, Inside Jokes
Grouping Description: Buy this badge!
Name: Buy this microbadge or the bunny gets it!
Mouseover Text: Buy this microbadge or the bunny gets it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
My 3 favourite things are eating my family and not using commas.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: » Role-Playing Related » Accessories
Grouping Description: For fans of Dwarven Forge
Name: Dwarven Forge fan
Mouseover Text: Dwarven Forge fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Related > Gaming> Play-by-Forum
Grouping Description: Ustalav's Backwater
Name: Ustalav's Backwater 2nd Anniversary
Mouseover Text: I survived a second year in Ustalav's backwater!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack van Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmb
mb

Group: RPGG > Awards
Grouping Description: Behind the Screen
Name: Behind the Screen author
Mouseover Text: I write articles for Behind the Screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
My 3 favourite things are eating my family and not using commas.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: » Role-Playing Related » Podcasts and Shows
Grouping Description: Acquisitions Incorporated fan
Name: Acquisitions Incorporated fan
Mouseover Text: Acquisitions Incorporated fan

I was not able to select "» Podcasts and Shows" in the submission so please add that.

"Podcasts and Shows" seems to be the best location for Acquisitions Incorporated as they are a performance group that are broadcast at conventions, on podcasts, and now how their own web comic series. Just recently, Acquisitions Incorporated has expanded their performance troupe and they are adding new RPG game play showings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > Magic World
Grouping Description: Magic World RPG
Name: Magic World RPG
Mouseover Text: Magic World RPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria (didn't exist yet)
Grouping Description: My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria fan
Name: My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria fan
Mouseover Text: My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria fan - Because friendship is magic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Name: 2017 Revisionist Challenge participant
Description: RPGG Challenge - The Spring 2017 Revisionist Challenge participant
Mouseover: 2017 Revisionist Challenge participant
Group: RPGG
Challenges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quaid
United States
flag msg tools
designer
There are great things afoot.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Related > Other Sites
Grouping Description: The Unseen Servant fan
Name: The Unseen Servant fan
Mouseover Text: The Unseen Servant fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack van Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmb
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > The Sundered Land (new category)
Grouping Description: The Sundered Land RPG fan
Name: The Sundered Land RPG fan - A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future (This got cut off - is there a maximum length?)
Mouseover: The Sundered Land RPG fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
purplewurple wrote:
mb

Group: Role-Playing Games > The Sundered Land (new category)
Grouping Description: The Sundered Land RPG fan
Name: The Sundered Land RPG fan - A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future (This got cut off - is there a maximum length?)
Mouseover: The Sundered Land RPG fan
Technically, A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future is the RPG.

The Sundered Land is a compilation of several RPGs, only one of which is A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future. Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future, Night Watch in the Ruins of the Future, Warriors in the Ruins of the Future, and At Ends in the Ruins of the Future are the rest of the RPGs in the collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack van Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmb
That's technically true, if you look at the way RPGGeek treats it. There's the unusual situation of one RPG item with multiple RPG's.

However, designer Vincent Baker calls the RPG The Sundered Land: a Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future.

Every RPG in the pdf has in large font THE SUNDERED LAND as the title, and then in much smaller text A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future, Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future, and so on.

So it would IMHO be more correct to say to that the title of all 5 RPG's is "The Sundered Land: <subtitle>."

Add to this that A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future is the most well-known and popular one, so that it and The Sundered Land have become almost synonymous, and I feel that "The Sundered Land RPG fan" is definitely the correct group and mouseover for the microbadge. If anything, the names of the RPG's in the database should be changed.

Elsewhere, D. Vincent Baker calls the game "The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim", so that would be a good name too, if the "in the Ruins of the Future" doesn't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what Vincent Baker says about the game in his webstore:

Vincent Baker wrote:
The Sundered Land is a series of 5 single-page games plus 2 supplements set in the Sword & Sorcery ruins of the future.
So The Sundered Land is the series under which there are 5 separate RPGs. The question now is that did you intend that microbadge to be for the whole series /The Sundered Land, or for the RPG A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future?

I would suggested small changes:

Name: The Sundered Land - A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future (as there is a limit to the length of the name, and even this might not all fit) OR The Sundered Land fan
Mouseover: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future RPG fan OR The Sundered Land - A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future RPG fan

Edit:

I actually e-mailed Vincent and he says the games are absolutely fine as they are, in the RPGG database, no need to change anything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack van Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmb
I think "The Sundered Land RPG fan" is still the best option, even if it's more RPG's than RPG. The 2nd supplement describes how to string the various minigames together, and how to create your own Sundered Land games. So treating the games as separate RPG's for RPGGeek database purposes is fine, but also not completely accurate. In any case, I think the 5 (or 6? 8? The 1st supplement, "Restless Ambition in the Ruins of the Future", tells you how to adapt one of the 5 games to 3 different settings), should not have their own microbadge categories.

I searched google, and found that people generally refer to "The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future" as simply "The Sundered Land". This totum pro parte seems to be more common than either the full title, or only the subtitle.

I intended the microbadge to be both for fans of the whole document, and for fans of A Doomed Pilgrim. I don't think it's a problem to have both represented by a single microbadge.

The name should be "The Sundered Land RPG fan - A Doomed Pilgrim", in case in the future someone makes microbadges for the other 4 (5? 7?) games, which could be called "The Sundered Land RPG fan - Caravan Guards" and so on. I could make them all right now, but I doubt people would buy them, as A Doomed Pilgrim seems to be by far the most popular game.

The mouseover should also be "The Sundered Land RPG fan", I think, but if you or the community disagree, "The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future RPG fan" would be fine too. The difference is I suppose similar to that between mb and mb.

I submitted corrections for the titles of the 5 minigames, because I believe it reflects the document, the designer's view, and practice a lot better if "The Sundered Land" is part of the title.

Here's a bit from the document, which shows why people would use "The Sundered Land" to refer to the game, rather than "A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purplewurple wrote:
I submitted corrections for the titles of the 5 minigames, because I believe it reflects the document, the designer's view, and practice a lot better if "The Sundered Land" is part of the title.
Like I said in my previous post, I e-mailed Vincent Baker about this matter today, and he said the names and the games are in the database just fine as they are right now. So I have declined those corrections.

I will read the rest of your post later, I'm a bit in hurry right now and want to give it time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |