Monster Manual (D&D 3.5e)
Dungeons & Dragons Set 1: Basic Rules
Ivinia: The Viking Lands
World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
Eberron Campaign Setting
Minions
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Empire of the Petal Throne
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Deadlands Noir
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Mass Effect RPG
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game
Princes of the Apocalypse
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Ten Candles
Explosive Runes (Issue 11 - Feb 2011)
Storm King's Thunder
Alien Archive
Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game
Out of the Woods
Legacy of Lies
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
The thank you star is a great idea and will earn you 25+ GG and adoration.

I figure there will be some kind of send-off thread for the program ("last chance, you get forty stars!!!"), and they can do this thing they do sometimes where everyone who posts to say "Thanks Dave you roxx" gets the star assigned to them by Evil Bob or someone more evil if possible. Then it can be left purchasable after that and maybe in time I can get four sales with considerably less illicit earnings except Dave and/or Bob will tip me something probably (I know how these things work you see).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mb
wildthayne wrote:
The thank you star is a great idea and will earn you 25+ GG and adoration.

Agreed.

wildthayne wrote:
The quarantined star should be made plum (medium deep pale off-purple) color and given to a mermaid.

Agreed with this too laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Almost a year ago we were assembled here in this very forum, I your pastor and you my beloved flock proposing star designs for the Citizen Star program. The runners-up were quarantined for the duration. Now that it seems the program is coming to a stop, I'm wondering if something could be done with the other stars. Here's mine:

Sentiment could be basically "I wasn't aware of it/wasn't around/didn't get any until it was over", MO maybe "Citizen Star Decoy". (I also had the idea of making it an over-obvious fake extra star, but decided it had much more limited applicability; if someone doesn't think it's a stupid idea maybe one of the other runners-up could be used for it.)

The one other "obvious" thing to do would be a "Thank you Dave for a year with Citizen Recognition" badge because some people seem to feel very strongly about this thing:

Or with the avatar in the middle, which is a mess:

Or with the star smallinated:

Comments? Ideas?

[  ] Wow so stupid
[  ] Flanginate the parahedron axis
[  ] What is a citizen star
[  ] Who are you

Davie w/ smallinated.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
admin
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Put it under RPGG -> Contests (doesn't need to be grouped with any existing badges)

Did this excellent MB ever get a number? I'd like to add the badge to the contest thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
Put it under RPGG -> Contests (doesn't need to be grouped with any existing badges)

Did this excellent MB ever get a number? I'd like to add the badge to the contest thread.

Ack, yes sorry - mb

I completely spaced on letting you know the ID. Soryy, Clark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Mutants & Masterminds: Hero High, Revised Edition

"Mutants & Masterminds: Hero High RPG fan"

source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Cthulhu Confidential from Pelgrane Press

(would someone who is more familiar with how RPGs work enlighten me as to how I would properly name/categorize this one? link: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/228210 Thank you in advance!!)

"Cthulhu Confidential RPG fan" (I think)

source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
For Cthulhu Confidential from Pelgrane Press

(would someone who is more familiar with how RPGs work enlighten me as to how I would properly name/categorize this one? link: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/228210 Thank you in advance!!)

"Cthulhu Confidential RPG fan" (I think)

source

This one is a roleplaying game, so Cthulhu Confidential RPG fan is correct, like you suggest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
For Mutants & Masterminds: Hero High, Revised Edition

"Mutants & Masterminds: Hero High RPG fan"

source

This one, however, is not an RPG, it's a campaign setting (game world) to the game Mutants & Masterminds. So the name should be "Hero High fan" and it should be submitted under Role-Playing Games -> Mutants & Masterminds. Or you can name it "Mutants & Masterminds - Hero High fan". You can see how these examples were done:

mb mb mb

I prefer "Hero High fan", since as far as I know, the D&D badges are the only ones with the RPG name in the setting badges, but it's up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get it one of these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
I'll get it one of these days

Don't worry about it, took me forever to get all these things right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was thinking - I'd like to kick off an initiative to get more RPG microbadges created. I was thinking of having an RPGGeek-specific microbadge request geeklist created.

I intend to focus much of my time on creating RPG badges from here on but I thought it might work better with interaction from the RPG community rather than just me pulling random art from trade publications always.

Thoughts? Other ideas?

As an incentive to participate I thought I'd set up a one-time contest for the best RPG microbadge designed during a certain time period. I know Dave was against having a "RPG microbadge of the year" type thing, but this would be a one-off event. Would you be ok with that, Jonna?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Infinity RPG fan"

source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or does work better?

Nevermind I like the other better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Almost a year ago we were assembled here in this very forum, I your pastor and you my beloved flock proposing star designs for the Citizen Star program. The runners-up were quarantined for the duration. Now that it seems the program is coming to a stop, I'm wondering if something could be done with the other stars. Here's mine:

Sentiment could be basically "I wasn't aware of it/wasn't around/didn't get any until it was over", MO maybe "Citizen Star Decoy". (I also had the idea of making it an over-obvious fake extra star, but decided it had much more limited applicability; if someone doesn't think it's a stupid idea maybe one of the other runners-up could be used for it.)

The one other "obvious" thing to do would be a "Thank you Dave for a year with Citizen Recognition" badge because some people seem to feel very strongly about this thing:

Or with the avatar in the middle, which is a mess:

Or with the star smallinated:

Comments? Ideas?

[  ] Wow so stupid
[  ] Flanginate the parahedron axis
[  ] What is a citizen star
[  ] Who are you

Can we get this submitted, Kaffe? Assuming it is good to go of course? I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
So I was thinking - I'd like to kick off an initiative to get more RPG microbadges created. I was thinking of having an RPGGeek-specific microbadge request geeklist created.

Excellent! I'm all for this!

Schwartzkopf wrote:
I intend to focus much of my time on creating RPG badges from here on but I thought it might work better with interaction from the RPG community rather than just me pulling random art from trade publications always.

Thoughts? Other ideas?

We just need to try and advertize that list enough to draw people's attention.

Schwartzkopf wrote:
As an incentive to participate I thought I'd set up a one-time contest for the best RPG microbadge designed during a certain time period. I know Dave was against having a "RPG microbadge of the year" type thing, but this would be a one-off event. Would you be ok with that, Jonna?

I would, very much.

Lemme give this some thought, as I might be interested in maybe making it more than only one-time deal, to draw more designer in RPG microbadging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
"Infinity RPG fan"

source

I like both of these, but this one "feels" more like the source. But maybe you want to poll these two, to see what those that don't usually make posts about microbadges, think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Schwartzkopf wrote:

Excellent! I'm all for this!

Schwartzkopf wrote:

Thoughts? Other ideas?

We just need to try and advertize that list enough to draw people's attention.

Schwartzkopf wrote:

I would, very much.

Lemme give this some thought, as I might be interested in maybe making it more than only one-time deal, to draw more designer in RPG microbadging.

Great - I have a couple of ideas also, I'll shoot you a geekmail about it tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure domain-specific MotY contests are the way to go.

(At least, don't call it such.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
I'm not sure domain-specific MotY contests are the way to go.

(At least, don't call it such.)

That's not what I'm looking for, don't worry. I merely want to drive more eyeballs to this thread and hopefully spark some more interest in creating for this domain which has always been an afterthought or intimidating to most microbadge designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
POLL TIME

Poll
Submit "Hero High fan" ?
Yes
Needs work
No
      10 answers
Poll created by Schwartzkopf

Poll
Submit "Cthulhu Confidential RPG fan" ?
Yes
Needs work
No
      9 answers

Poll
Submit "Infinity RPG fan" ?
Yes
Needs work
No
      10 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
That's not what I'm looking for, don't worry. I merely want to drive more eyeballs to this thread and hopefully spark some more interest in creating for this domain which has always been an afterthought or intimidating to most microbadge designers.

We totally need more Role-Playing Related, Character Types badges.

The "I play a..." badges... are pretty D&D/OSR-centric with medieval fantasy occupations and no hackers, deckers, pilots, super heroes, etc...

And the Role-Playing Related, Artists and Designers needs more female representation.

Just some thoughts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Schwartzkopf wrote:

We totally need more Role-Playing Related, Character Types badges.

The "I play a..." badges... are pretty D&D/OSR-centric with medieval fantasy occupations and no hackers, deckers, pilots, super heroes, etc...

And the Role-Playing Related, Artists and Designers needs more female representation.

Just some thoughts...

I'm intrigued by adding more female artists and designer fan badges! When/if we get a badge initiative going you'll have to give us a list to work from!

Also...It's just sad getting 3 votes in a poll (ad one is my own vote)....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:

It has been alarmingly quiet here for some time now soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Few, The Proud, The Steves
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Schwartzkopf wrote:

It has been alarmingly quiet here for some time now soblue

I'd say things on the RPGG side have in general been slowing down for a year now. Not sure why.

I like these badges, though. (FYI, Cthulhu Confidential hasn't actually been released yet, so sales may be slow for a while!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [66] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.