Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:

And I'm also very much fine with Geert not doing all those badges, for two reasons: 1) the "series" doesn't need to look that uniform 2) let's not put that much pressure on him
I don't see why it should be me... I've designed only 1 or 2 of the current set. Or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
I create microbadges! View my profile to see what's available.
badge
The creation of a thousand ghouls is in one pumpkin seed.
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

And I'm also very much fine with Geert not doing all those badges, for two reasons: 1) the "series" doesn't need to look that uniform 2) let's not put that much pressure on him
I don't see why it should be me... I've designed only 1 or 2 of the current set. Or am I missing something?
I agree. I was just joking, by implying that we should just have you design every microbadge -- as in, every microbadge that is ever made.

I couldn't quite tell if Ed was making that same joke, since it was state in a way that could be misinterpreted easily, so I jokingly clarified his statement. At least, that's what I was trying to do shake

Kattvippa wrote:
I am completely fine with having two different badges for warlocks, people's tastes are different and I'm sure both would sell.
Thanks, Jonna. I haven't heard back from the requester yet, so I'd be happy to continue with my proposal for now:

-- I play a Warlock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

I, too, was thinking it was most joking from other folks, but I still felt like saying something semi-serious on the matter, just in the off-chance they weren't only joking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me just make a little remark then

The proposed badges don't seem in line with the existing set.
Isn't there a better source for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
garion wrote:
Let me just make a little remark then

The proposed badges don't seem in line with the existing set.
Isn't there a better source for it?

Warlocks haven't had as much time as most other classes to establish their attributes. Mechanically they're spellcasters with different mechanisms for selecting spells and some edgy special abilities. (My badge was inspired by one of their signature abilities in D&D 5E, Devil's Sight, which allows them to see even in magical darkness. The problem so far was that the evil swirling darkness looks like a mask. I figured it should be fixable, or at least improvable.) Thematically they're defined by having made a pact with a powerful entity.

Alternative designs:

Contract signed in BLOOD trigger warning for edginess

Purple heart, double trigger warning for edginess (Alternative use: "I'm so friggin' emo my purple heart bleeds black ichor")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with any of the lore. I just used one of the design concepts provided by the requester.

After a modest internet search, a lot of the iconography that was showing up for Warlocks seemed to resemble the image that I used as my source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving this Troika! Numinous Edition (2019) request a try.

Group: Role-Playing Games, Settings, Series etc -> T
Grouping Description: RPG
Wiki Description: For fans of [rpgitem=275570] by [rpgdesigner=76537].
Name: Troika! Numinous Edition
Mouseover: Troika! Numinous Edition

>

wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
A badge for Into The Odd was requested. Cover:

The letters form a sort of dungeon viewed from the side. With not so much regard for this I cheated the letters into small ones so I could fit them in a badge:

("ODD") or
("Odd")

My main concern is that the red on black will be nearly impossible to read on a site with glaring white backgrounds.

The requester also suggested using just the water wheel that forms the O, or some internal artwork, but to me they didn't seem very easy to work into something characteristic enough.

Opinions or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
2019 BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the red house shape on the top. It might badge nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
>

Badges well: kinda, except not against a white background?

Has anything to do with the game: ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
I definitely prefer the style of this one!

I suggestion brightened some of the red a bit more though. Maybe just have the background gradient be a bit more subtle?

I assume that you're keeping it dark to help convey a certain mood; however, it's currently too dark for me to see most of the nice detailing (unless I look closely).

[EDIT: added below]
Kaffedrake wrote:
Has anything to do with the game: ???
I have no idea whether the house has anything to do with the game though. I just like the look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
>
>

Any redder than this and there may as well not be a gradient. I'll see what the requester says about the design in general.

(Pretend I didn't accidentally wreck the transparency of the letters in this version. fixt)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I am proposifying to submit the following badge as "I play an edgelord!":

"What in all is an edgelord!?" I hear you cry into the wind. It is contemporary RPG parlance, adapted from general netspeak, for a certain type of character, or sometimes, the player that plays them. Definitions vary, for instance some think an edgelord can be identified by its edgy traits like belonging to a nonstandard race of shady reputation; being a pariah, exile, or last of their kind; possessing an elaborate, pathos-laden backstory; and having dark, brooding, nihilistic attributes and demeanour. Others would put the emphasis on undesirable character and player behaviour and say any type of character can be played (badly) as an edgelord by refusing to subordinate tortured personal drama to practical group dynamics.

If this sounds like it adds up to a pejorative... it kinda does! But obviously anyone who'd buy this badge would be poking fun at themselves, and I think some of us at least have played a character that ticked one or two of those boxes. Support the badge. It is marked from birth with daemoniac stigmata, feared and persecuted, but fiercely loyal if you only get inside its protective shell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am reposting this here after mistakenly posting it in the corresponding BGG forum.

Here is a microbadge for fans of Comrades: A Revolutionary RPG by W.M. Akers. It is a game in the Powered by the Apocalypse family.

Source image:

Microbadge:

Category: Role-Playing Games, Settings, Series etc
Sub-categroy: C
Name: Comrades: A Revolutionary RPG fan
Grouping Description: Comrades: A Revolutionary RPG fan
Mouseover: Comrades: A Revolutionary RPG fan

Poll
Is this microbadge ready to submit?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes, it is ready
25.0% 1
No, needs more work
75.0% 3
Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Poll created by LeroyJS
Closes: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:00 am

If more work is needed, please advise as to where or what kind.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall it looks great. To me, the dark red and the upper left of the hand blend in too much
I know it does seem to match the color of source material, but it might benefit from a slightly lighter red. Just a suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
Overall it looks great. To me, the dark red and the upper left of the hand blend in too much
I know it does seem to match the color of source material, but it might benefit from a slightly lighter red. Just a suggestion.

Okay, thank you. Will do. I'm going to add one with a transparent background and just the fist to see how that looks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried lightening up the background a bit for this. The yellow fist on a transparent background didn't look very good.

Here is one lightened up a little bit:

And here is another lightened up a little more:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
I've tried lightening up the background a bit for this. The yellow fist on a transparent background didn't look very good.

Here is one lightened up a little bit:

And here is another lightened up a little more:
The lightest version looks the best to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
designer
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to request a microbadge for Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I have one for each of my other 5E adventure books, and would like to complete the (mini) collection.
..pretty please? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
I am completely fine with having two different badges for warlocks, people's tastes are different and I'm sure both would sell.
Thanks, Jonna. I haven't heard back from the requester yet, so I'd be happy to continue with my proposal for now:

-- I play a Warlock!
I don't feel that the issue was entirely settled, but I also don't want to keep the requester waiting too long.

So I went ahead and submitted this mb

Should we quickly decide to go in a different direction, I don't mind withdrawing my submission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
bxrrr wrote:
I'd like to request a microbadge for Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I have one for each of my other 5E adventure books, and would like to complete the (mini) collection.
..pretty please? blush
I tried 2 different details: the boat in the back being attacked and the elf:

and

source:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
designer
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think both are great, Raymond! thumbsup
I think that, owing to the book's aquatic theme, I'd go with the boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
The sail jumps out nicely. I recommend forcing the differentiation between the vessel and the sea.

Also, I love how the wizard/mage/spellcaster is waiting his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
Online RPG PDF repository DriveThruRPG

Group: Role-Playing Related -> Other Sites
Grouping Description: DriveThru
Wiki Description: For fans of DriveThruRPG, an online store for roll-playing games in PDF format.
Name: DriveThruRPG.com user
Mouseover: DriveThruRPG user

Zorce:

I had to simplify the shadow on the edged border on the edging on the field on the arrow...

I'm open to suggestions on MB cleanup, mouseover wording, etc., etc.

And... I just discovered they have DriveThruCards, DriveThruComics, DriveThruFiction, and other sister sites. I left the Grouping Description simply as DriveThru for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
The sail jumps out nicely. I recommend forcing the differentiation between the vessel and the sea.
How do you suggest I should do that? Darken the water, lighten the ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  116 , 117 , 118 , 119 , 120  Next »  [120] |