Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:

#3:
v2>v3
>


#4:
v2>v3
>


mb
mb
#3:
v4a or v4b
or


v4a: Darkened legs so it (hopefully) doesn't look like it's hovering no more.
v4b: Removed the legs and moved down 1px. He's now sitting on the merlon.

#4:
- Are we leaving the crenellation as it is now, or will we go for that modification?
- Is the gap size ok now or should we try with a reduced version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
I want a full set of the original five gem dragons from D&D... Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal. heart

Should gem dragons come with complex sheens and stuff or do they just have regular coloration corresponding to their gems? And should they have specific MOs for gemness or can for instance one badge cover green and emerald, one blue and sapphire and so on?
Gem dragons have very distinctive looks from other dragons and they cannot stand for both color and gem! That would be sacrilege!

In older D&D, before they added in rust dragons and the like, there are the evil Chromatic Dragons (Red, Blue, Black, Green, and White) the neutral Gem Dragons (Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal) and the good Metallic Dragons (Silver, Gold, Bronze, Brass, and Copper).

Green for Chromatic Dragons is vastly different from green for Emerald Dragons!

I should really dig out my old D&D dragon posters and scan them in to make these...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

Gem dragons have very distinctive looks from other dragons and they cannot stand for both color and gem! That would be sacrilege!

In older D&D, before they added in rust dragons and the like, there are the evil Chromatic Dragons (Red, Blue, Black, Green, and White) the neutral Gem Dragons (Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal) and the good Metallic Dragons (Silver, Gold, Bronze, Brass, and Copper).

Green for Chromatic Dragons is vastly different from green for Emerald Dragons!

I should really dig out my old D&D dragon posters and scan them in to make these...

I actually have the D&D 4th edition book about Chromatic Dragons. I devoured that book, really enjoying learning about the many different dragons. And you are very certainly right that a dragon would be VERY offended if you referred to him by the wrong color/gem name. If he is chromatic, he would eat you there on the spot. How dare you call a green dragon an emerald one.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:

#3:
v2>v3
>


#4:
v2>v3
>


mb
mb
#3:
v4a or v4b
or


v4a: Darkened legs so it (hopefully) doesn't look like it's hovering no more.
v4b: Removed the legs and moved down 1px. He's now sitting on the merlon.


I think showing him with legs enhances his profile, where you know he is a bird immediately. When he is lower down, a viewer might think the bird is a cannon sitting at a fort.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
#3:
v4a or v4b
or


v4a: Darkened legs so it (hopefully) doesn't look like it's hovering no more.
v4b: Removed the legs and moved down 1px. He's now sitting on the merlon.

#4:
- Are we leaving the crenellation as it is now, or will we go for that modification?
- Is the gap size ok now or should we try with a reduced version?
I prefer v4b. Ravens are big birds - you wouldn't see the legs on them, if they were sitting atop a tower, as they do in the game.

I think the crenellations are fine as is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
I think showing him with legs enhances his profile, where you know he is a bird immediately. When he is lower down, a viewer might think the bird is a cannon sitting at a fort.
adularia25 wrote:
I prefer v4b. Ravens are big birds - you wouldn't see the legs on them, if they were sitting atop a tower, as they do in the game.

Why are you doing this to me?!?!

I guess we'll have to pollify...

@Bob: Have you decided yet which version of #2 you'll be submitting? We need to agree on a naming/grouping convention (and probably slightly modify the current 2 ones?) so that all 5 MBs (in case someone buys them all) are displayed in the proper order within the profile page?

[Edit: We need to do this more often! Is has been FUN. ]
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
#4:
- Are we leaving the crenellation as it is now, or will we go for that modification?
- Is the gap size ok now or should we try with a reduced version?

The size works better after the flip, it no longer looks like the dinosaur will fall into a deep hole if it takes a single step back.

I'll leave the alignment thing to you, although for myself, being consistent would feel more satisfying, and it looks like there's room for it. No, wait, it's good now.

RomyCat wrote:
And you are very certainly right that a dragon would be VERY offended if you referred to him by the wrong color/gem name. If he is chromatic, he would eat you there on the spot. How dare you call a green dragon an emerald one.

When it comes to microbadging there are some considerations we need to risk beaten eaten for, though. For instance, say that first and foremost, I want a "neutral" dragon fan badge, so I add the green one with a name/MO lacking colour references. Then someone wants a specific emerald dragon badge, so one is added with a different hue (and/or complex sheens and facets) and MO. And finally it seems we might as well add the whole D&D set including the rare jade, matcha and broccoli variants. Suddenly there are twelve green dragon face badges with minute graphic variations and different colour specifications. And that's just the beginning of the madness
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This monster is inspired by this miniature I recently painted.



Group: Role-playing related>Monsters>
Grouping Description: monster
Name: Carrion Crawler
Mouseover Text: Scavenger bearing the foul odor of death


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving this Jason Bulmahn request a try.

Group: Role-Playing Related -> Artists and Designers
Grouping Description: Jason Bulmahn
Wiki Description: For fans of RPG designer Jason Bulmahn.
Name: Jason Bulmahn fan
Mouseover: Jason Bulmahn fan

Source -> MB v1
>

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
This monster is inspired by this miniature I recently painted.



Group: Role-playing related>Monsters>
Grouping Description: monster
Name: Carrion Crawler
Mouseover Text: Scavenger bearing the foul odor of death


For the mouseover, I suggest something closer to a name : description format, such as:

Mouseover Text: Carrion crawler: scavenger bearing the foul odor of death
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone be able to knock up a "RPGGeek is 10!" or similar microbadge?

A couple of days ago was RPG Geeks' 10th anniversary, and a free celebratory microbadge was supported by other users.

Now I know there have been other badges in the past, so this one should be thematically similar. Throw some ideas around please people!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Would someone be able to knock up a "RPGGeek is 10!" or similar microbadge?

A couple of days ago was RPG Geeks' 10th anniversary, and a free celebratory microbadge was supported by other users.

Now I know there have been other badges in the past, so this one should be thematically similar. Throw some ideas around please people!
Well the badge for BGG was this one mb

However there are a few things to confirm with admin: Is animation ok for an RPG 10 badge? Will it be purchasable or awarded as this was?

It's Garion's design so he should probably have first dibs at editing it too.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Knowing previous interests and statements from RPGGeek users, I wouldn't focus on BGG's 10-year mark for inspiration; I would focus on previous RPGGeek badges for inspiration. So far I found this: mb. After that the text was further stylized, such as mb
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
@Bob: Have you decided yet which version of #2 you'll be submitting? We need to agree on a naming/grouping convention (and probably slightly modify the current 2 ones?) so that all 5 MBs (in case someone buys them all) are displayed in the proper order within the profile page?
I apologize I didn't get to this during the week. Now I'm not at the computer with my graphics software.

Do you have a suggestion on selection?

What do you recommend for wording?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Let's Make a Space Sector Together!.

It has been suggested that two badges should be awarded: one for contributors (which is awarded) like the others in the series (mbmbmbmb) and one for fans (which is purchasable) of the completed project.

So, for the contributors:
(like the other hexcrawler project)

And for the fans:


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
@Bob: Have you decided yet which version of #2 you'll be submitting? We need to agree on a naming/grouping convention (and probably slightly modify the current 2 ones?) so that all 5 MBs (in case someone buys them all) are displayed in the proper order within the profile page?
I apologize I didn't get to this during the week. Now I'm not at the computer with my graphics software.

Do you have a suggestion on selection?

What do you recommend for wording?

I prefer this
one, but just for personal preference, since I believe both of them look equally good.

Regarding the names and MOs:

* I believe the current MO "Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan" would work for all 5, so no need for changes there.

* Now, seems like the names ought to be slightly modified if we want them to be properly sorted in the profile's MBs section were you cannot select their position, so, the least disruptive thing I can think of is:

#1: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (1) (Currently: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan)
#2: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (2)
#3: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (3)
#4: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (4)
#5: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (5) - dinosaur remix (Currently: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan - dinosaur remix)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
RomyCat wrote:
I think showing him with legs enhances his profile, where you know he is a bird immediately. When he is lower down, a viewer might think the bird is a cannon sitting at a fort.
adularia25 wrote:
I prefer v4b. Ravens are big birds - you wouldn't see the legs on them, if they were sitting atop a tower, as they do in the game.

Why are you doing this to me?!?!

I guess we'll have to pollify...
[...]
Poll
Which version should be submitted for approval?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Standing raven
75.0% 3
Sitting raven
25.0% 1
Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Poll created by paracelso_dra
Closes: Tue Aug 6, 2019 6:00 am
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For my monies, the "sitting" one is what it would actually look like; to have its tail feathers well into the air it would need to be more horizontal overall. Otherwise it looks more like a starling or something.

I would also consider de-fuzzifying the bird on the right side.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even get to vote in the pole, since I was busy while it was running. shake
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, even though standing raven won the poll, I guess I'll comply with Kaffe's desires this time. It is his craft we're tampering with afer all.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
v4b>v5
>


De-fuzzified, sitting raven. Enough? More de-fuzzification?

Now, looking at how the set would look with the most recent versions of each MB in place:

mb
mb


...

1) Nice alignment, new BGG, nice alignmentmb
2) Highlighted bricks/stones in #3 & #4 may need to be toned down a bit more?
3) Highlighted bricks/stones in #2 may need to be toned up just a tiny tiny bit?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
mb
mb


...

1) Nice alignment, new BGG, nice alignmentmb

Looks like the site is saying two of these are a cut above the rest. mb

adularia25 wrote:
I should really dig out my old D&D dragon posters and scan them in to make these...

Is this a thing that's happening? If the posters aren't too rare maybe they can simply be found online? I needs them designs

Either way I'm leaning towards submitting one "vanilla" dragon badge (happening to be green) and then deal with additional wants and requests as they come, and not try to come up with some grand all-encompassing dragon plan - D&D-centric or not - all at once.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A green dragon badge is good, I think. That can make many happy. I personally love dragons--as long as they are not eating me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
mb
mb


...

1) Nice alignment, new BGG, nice alignmentmb

Looks like the site is saying two of these are a cut above the rest. mb
mb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
mb
mb


...

1) Nice alignment, new BGG, nice alignmentmb

Looks like the site is saying two of these are a cut above the rest. mb
mb

The next one is on its way up.

mbmb
mb


wildthayne in Submission thread wrote:
mb

Group: Role-playing Games, Series, Settings etc » A
Grouping Description: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan
Name: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan (2)
Mouseover Text: Atop a Lonely Tower RPG fan

To be used with mb and mb and other pending designs.

The "(2)" in the Name indicates the intended position (second from left) when used as a set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  113 , 114 , 115 , 116 , 117  Next »  [118] |