Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:

mb
mb
wildthayne wrote:
Maybe reverse the bird and move it to the far left edge of the microbadge?
Done!
wildthayne wrote:
In the middle badge, the highlight bricks should be toned down at least at the left and right edges.
Done!
Kaffedrake wrote:
#4 should have one "flat" black pixel on the right.
I'm sorry, not sure what you mean here. Hopefully whatever it is it has been solved with the modifications. If not, please rephrase.
Kaffedrake wrote:
The bird is supposed to be a raven, so if it looks like a crow, it's super wrong!!
Oh you are so right indeed. I have modified the beak so it now hopefully has a more-raveny-and-less-crowy resemblance.
Kaffedrake wrote:
The gap kinda makes it look like the dinosaur is confined to the right side.

I wonder if the gap isn't too big? If you look at the set now, it kinda stands out and looks significant. Maybe slightly crumbling a merlon or two on #2 would offset this.
I have "mirrored" the gap (though I have not reduced its size [yet?]) so that our friend the dino has some more room for his afternoon hikes. If it's not enough (and/or maybe the mountain is too prominent now?) we can try reducing the gap size a bit.


#3:
v2>v3
>


#4:
v2>v3
>


mb
mb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
#4 should have one "flat" black pixel on the right.
I'm sorry, not sure what you mean here. Hopefully whatever it is it has been solved with the modifications. If not, please rephrase.

In #2 and #3, the crenellation starts on the left with a black column (side of a merlon) and ends on the right with a black "hook" (part of a merlon). In #4 (both original and mirrored), both sides have columns. In v2 it could be argued the last merlon was collapsed as well (although I would have preferred a hook anyway), but in v3 that is no longer the case.

The bird looks like it's hovering, try moving it 1 px down and 1 px to the right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
#4 should have one "flat" black pixel on the right.
I'm sorry, not sure what you mean here. Hopefully whatever it is it has been solved with the modifications. If not, please rephrase.

In #2 and #3, the crenellation starts on the left with a black column (side of a merlon) and ends on the right with a black "hook" (part of a merlon). In #4 (both original and mirrored), both sides have columns. In v2 it could be argued the last merlon was collapsed as well (although I would have preferred a hook anyway), but in v3 that is no longer the case.

The bird looks like it's hovering, try moving it 1 px down and 1 px to the right?

I see what you mean now. That's something I did on purpose (taking advantage of our distractive gap by hiding in there the continuity "problem" it would have generated on the crenellation) to make it match with the left part of your #5. And now I guess more explanations are due...

The way I see sets is as a 80x16px image that has been chopped in 5 equally sized segments. Those segments are later put 2px apart from each other for exhibition. <- If you go this route, the current desing makes a perfect crenellation.

Another opinion on this could be that it all starts with an 88(or90)x16px image in which the last 2px of each 18 set have been "transparented" for exhibition.

I don't know if this has already been discussed/pollified in the past and/or if there's a general consensous (I'm curious to know).

* Also note that Your original desing does not seem to account for any of these approaches, since you either get a 1px wider central merlon or an inexistent central crenel (if you choose to go with completing two equally sized merlons in the 2px middle gap). So now I am even more curious... is there maybe a third approach I have not thought of?

Regardless of what the answers to these dilemas are, I would be ok with making that correction if you still feel the same way about it after the fundaments for the original design have been revealed.

I'll fix the crow crawen raven on v4.

[Edit: typos]
[Edit2: I hadn't realized, until now, that I had the numbers wrong. For a reason that escapes to me, I was calculating with a base of 8 instead of 16]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
Another opinion on this could be that it all starts with a 48(or50)x8px image in which the last 2px of each 10 set have been "transparented" for exhibition.

I thought this was more common, though I haven't done a survey or anything.

paracelso_dra wrote:
* Also note that Your original desing does not seem to account for any of these approaches, since you either get a 1px wider central merlon or an inexistent central crenel (if you choose to go with completing two equally sized merlons in the 2px middle gap). So now I am even more curious... is there maybe a third approach I have not thought of?

My two badges simply weren't designed to work as a set, they locked me up in a tower until I submitted the second one and I simply mirrored it for variation and to work as a pair if desired, but I wasn't going to adjust the design for that reason.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister and I have debated in the past what is the differences between raven, crow, and blackbird. To me, they all look the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
My sister and I have debated in the past what is the differences between raven, crow, and blackbird. To me, they all look the same.

It depends a bit on where you live. In the US and western Europe you have crows that are all black like ravens, while in northern and eastern Europe we have the grey-black hooded crow which is much easier to tell apart. Still your crows should be smaller than ravens, appear in flocks, and have a less deep and resonant call. (And then there's rooks, not sure if you have them.)

Blackbirds belong to a completely different family, and apparently you have a whole other set of them in the US that I know nothing about, but they should be smaller still than crows and make completely different noises.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackbirds perch and are upright. Crows and ravens walk and are more horizontal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crows are roughly twice the size of the blackbirds I know. Ravens, I'm lead to believe, are generally twice the size of crows.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackdaws (Coloeus monedula) are very common where I live, but we also got crows and the occasional common raven (Corvus corax). Aparently, there's officially no consistent distinction between crows and ravens, but they're commonly distinguished by size.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's this youtube channel where they have made two videos, one short, one longer that explain very well the "many" differences.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
There's this youtube channel where they have made two videos, one short, one longer that explain very well the "many" differences.

Wow, I feel very educated now about ravens/rooks/crows/blackbirds. There's a lot more to a bird than just its color. Now back to playing Wingspan.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And while we're on that subject, there's an old dragon fan badge:

mb

But it kind of shows a Chinese-style dragon. Meanwhile, we have a Role-Playing Related > Monsters category which is quite sparsely populated. We don't need to put every monster in there, but dragons are among the ones we probably could.

So I drew a pixel dragon face and coloured it in green, red and coffee:



(They're the same except for some minor detail around the eyes.) The original green one probably works best contrastwise. Opinions? Surely nobody will insist on a set!!
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Green.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree we need more monsters in that group. I do have two made in the pending badges list. More the merry. And dragons are the coolest of them all.

I vote for green too.

(Though a recent miniature one I painted was icy blue.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually be fine with a few colours, as long as people will buy those. I know that there are different coloured dragons in different lore, so maybe there would be interest in more than just green dragon? If we go only with one, I'd prefer green as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
I agree we need more monsters in that group. I do have two made in the pending badges list. More the merry. And dragons are the coolest of them all.

I vote for green too.

(Though a recent miniature one I painted was icy blue.)
I have approved those badges now.

Both of those badges were posted over at BGG for peer review when they should've been posted it here. Neither one had been posted to the thread of submitted RPGG related badges either. Please read the first post in this thread for instructions for any RPG /RPGG related microbadges, the process is different than over at BGG (and yes, I'm too lazy to go dig all the links and re-write all the instructions here)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
Games bring people together.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
RomyCat wrote:
I agree we need more monsters in that group. I do have two made in the pending badges list. More the merry. And dragons are the coolest of them all.

I vote for green too.

(Though a recent miniature one I painted was icy blue.)
I have approved those badges now.

Both of those badges were posted over at BGG for peer review when they should've been posted it here. Neither one had been posted to the thread of submitted RPGG related badges either. Please read the first post in this thread for instructions for any RPG /RPGG related microbadges, the process is different than over at BGG (and yes, I'm too lazy to go dig all the links and re-write all the instructions here)


Thanks for your help. I'll read though the material. I do have ideas for some new ones, both for monsters and a necromancer (which I play in Pathfinder).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have something on the backburner for the warlock class, I should get back to that soon. Also swashbuckler, wasn't super happy with either.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
We don't need to put every monster in there,
You do know that human brains ignore negatives, right?

Example: Don't think about cheese.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
[...]Surely nobody will insist on a set!!
Not that it ever happened before, right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
(Though a recent miniature one I painted was icy blue.)

- Hey, listen

mb - now what

- Come into my alley

mb - wherefore

- Selling remedies against global warming. Affordable, effective, all around surprising

mb - not really sure that's my department, to be honest

- Even better, you'll be an accidental hero

mb - how about I just give you the government's phone number or something

- Can you tell them to come into my alley
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a full set of the original five gem dragons from D&D... Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal. heart
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I want a full set of the original five gem dragons from D&D... Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal. heart
I would approve those, since now I know that at least one person will want to buy them
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
RomyCat wrote:
I agree we need more monsters in that group. I do have two made in the pending badges list. More the merry. And dragons are the coolest of them all.

I vote for green too.

(Though a recent miniature one I painted was icy blue.)
I have approved those badges now.

Both of those badges were posted over at BGG for peer review when they should've been posted it here. Neither one had been posted to the thread of submitted RPGG related badges either. Please read the first post in this thread for instructions for any RPG /RPGG related microbadges, the process is different than over at BGG (and yes, I'm too lazy to go dig all the links and re-write all the instructions here)


Thanks for your help. I'll read though the material. I do have ideas for some new ones, both for monsters and a necromancer (which I play in Pathfinder).
Nice, I feel we have been lacking in the monster department for a long time

In any case, I tend to approve the badges way faster than Skippen over at BGG, so you will have your shiny new badges in the system much faster by posting them in the thread of submitted badges. The only purpose of that thread is to let me know there's something in the queue for me to approve. I don't actively follow the pending badges queue, as 90% of the badges are on Skippen's turf. Also, because Skippen leaves the RPGG/RPG related ones for me, and I don't follow the pending queue, it can take a very long time before the badges that haven't been posted in the correct thread, will be approved
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I want a full set of the original five gem dragons from D&D... Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, and Crystal. heart

Should gem dragons come with complex sheens and stuff or do they just have regular coloration corresponding to their gems? And should they have specific MOs for gemness or can for instance one badge cover green and emerald, one blue and sapphire and so on?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  112 , 113 , 114 , 115 , 116  Next »  [118] |