Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
"Atop a Lonely Great Wall"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
"Atop a Lonely Great Wall"
Hi! Welcome to MicroBadges! Would you like your set to 'go large' for 24GG?

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes I would!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
We will have houseguests for several days. I'll probably return to the tower on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
With solicited, non-binding, generous, royalty-free, tentative acceptance by Kaffedrake, I present the following proposal, half a year in the making...

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Now that I'm looking at them together, I wonder if the cloud should be moved up and if the vines should be a bit more sparse. On it's own, it seems decently balanced; with the others... so-so.
I'm probably the only one that finds the wider central crenel and two central merlons (mildly) disturbing? (It seems to be the case that total symmetry is not achievable in this case, but I'd go as close as possible).
I'd also modify one of the climbing plants (they look too similar now IMO) and while at it, I'd probably go a bit bolder.
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

Or you could go into berserker microbadger mode and pull out something like this...

mb
mb

Or yYou could should just completely ignore me. Blame it on the fever...

[Disclaimer: I have not the slightest clue about how the source material looks (assuming there's something to actually look at)]

[Edit: typos and some justice to the last sentence]
The original badges are brownish (left) and grayish (right) so perhaps a transition from brown to gray would be desirable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
<

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
garion wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
With solicited, non-binding, generous, royalty-free, tentative acceptance by Kaffedrake, I present the following proposal, half a year in the making...

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Now that I'm looking at them together, I wonder if the cloud should be moved up and if the vines should be a bit more sparse. On it's own, it seems decently balanced; with the others... so-so.
I'm probably the only one that finds the wider central crenel and two central merlons (mildly) disturbing? (It seems to be the case that total symmetry is not achievable in this case, but I'd go as close as possible).
I'd also modify one of the climbing plants (they look too similar now IMO) and while at it, I'd probably go a bit bolder.
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

Or you could go into berserker microbadger mode and pull out something like this...

mb
mb

[Disclaimer: I have not the slightest clue about how the source material looks (assuming there's something to actually look at)]

The original badges are brownish (left) and grayish (right) so perhaps a transition from brown to gray would be desirable?
My first go transitioned the two colors. We'll try to make sure the final design takes that into consideration.

I've had more chores and projects this week than I anticipated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wildthayne wrote:
garion wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

mb
mb

My first go transitioned the two colors. We'll try to make sure the final design takes that into consideration.

Okay, I have GIMP open once again.

We have several things to finalize:

1 Kaffedrake, are you okay with three microbadges inserted into your set?

2 If we add three microbadges in the middle, it makes sense to use the "wall" perspective with consistent crenels and merlons instead of the circular tower perspective, yes?

3 With the far left wall image (W1) and far right wall image (W5) having different base tones, I think we have three general options: (1) perform a color blend across all three central images, (2) pick a solid color for the middle image (W3) and have both the W2 and W4 images blend into W3 image, or (3) use the same solid average color for all three new images so users can ignorantly rearrange them without us cringing and crying. I think option 3 might be the wisest solution, even if not the most beautiful.

4 I'm okay with working on W2 and letting you work on W3 and W4, Tincho, if that works out.

5 I like the damage/gap on the current W4 spot. Should it show sky through the gap, or instead show an idealized merlon-less back wall?

6 Are there other considerations?

Of course, I still like mb
mb
also. I don't know anything about the game, so I don't suppose the total width actually matters at all and five is okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
garion wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

mb
mb

Okay, I have GIMP open once again.

We have several things to finalize:

2 If we add three microbadges in the middle, it makes sense to use the "wall" perspective with consistent crenels and merlons instead of the circular tower perspective, yes?

3 With the far left wall image (W1) and far right wall image (W5) having different base tones, I think we have three general options: (1) perform a color blend across all three central images, (2) pick a solid color for the middle image (W3) and have both the W2 and W4 images blend into W3 image, or (3) use the same solid average color for all three new images so users can ignorantly rearrange them without us cringing and crying. I think option 3 might be the wisest solution, even if not the most beautiful.

4 I'm okay with working on W2 and letting you work on W3 and W4, Tincho, if that works out.

5 I like the damage/gap on the current W4 spot. Should it show sky through the gap, or instead show an idealized merlon-less back wall?

6 Are there other considerations?

Of course, I still like mb
mb
also. I don't know anything about the game, so I don't suppose the total width actually matters at all and five is okay.
3 I'd go with option 2 here. More beauty than in option 3 and/but less complicated to work out than option 1 (specially if two different people are going to work on it, in case that happens).
4 I don't have a problem with that (on the contrary), but only if Kaffedrake is ok with 1, of course, and only if you're ok with me using your desing (as I did with the quick playful test) as a starting point (let's say just for the sake of consistency).
5 I never thought of it much when tampering with your original desing. My only thought there was that a so long continuous wall would probably start to look a bit boring. I guess we could just assume that the wall is even more damaged on the other side and leave it like that (alternatively we could try to show some more of those mountains in the gap) or we could try giving the impression that the wall on the other side is ok (trying to sell it through thinner crenellations and a darker wall, I guess, for perspective).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
wildthayne wrote:

If Caroline wants them then I guess, but I also think it calls for the creation of a variant game where instead of one person on a tower and others approaching, there are two tower-dwellers living in separate parts of the tower with access to the same roof, and they're too awkward to even pretend the other one's there but then their respective familiars start talking to each other and things spiral into hilariously mortifying shenanigans from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Kaffedrake wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

If Caroline wants them then I guess, but I also think it calls for the creation of a variant game where instead of one person on a tower and others approaching, there are two tower-dwellers living in separate parts of the tower with access to the same roof, and they're too awkward to even pretend the other one's there but then their respective familiars start talking to each other and things spiral into hilariously mortifying shenanigans from there.
Yes, that's a given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested here: The Gauntlet - blog, podcast, and zine publishing network, specifically about RPG's.

The Gauntlet fan

The Gauntlet is a gaming community and podcast network that focuses on indie RPGs, story games, and the OSR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

Yes, I'd love them!

And... I could totally make that variant. Two people, one tower, a shared group of familiars trying to bring them to talk to one and other...

For reference, the game is about a group of children approaching a single individual in a tower (who controls a flock of birds) in order to break the isolation of that person. The game can get pretty gonzo depending on where it goes - and the tower can look like anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving this Claire Hoffman request a try.

Group: Role-Playing Related -> Artists and Designers
Grouping Description: Claire Hoffman
Wiki Description: For fans of RPG designer Claire Hoffman
Name: Claire Hoffman fan
Mouseover: Claire Hoffman fan

>(v1)
>(v2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
paracelso_dra wrote:
3 I'd go with option 2 here. More beauty than in option 3 and/but less complicated to work out than option 1 (specially if two different people are going to work on it, in case that happens).
Here is my suggestion for the averaged color scheme for the central microbadge. The microbadges on either side will taper into Kaffedrake's color scheme on the outer badges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Updated Spot2 with color transition to central colors:

mb
mbmb mb

Or with more vines as suggested by Tincho:

mb
mbmb mb

Hmm. Probably needs sharper highlight bricks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
Games bring people together.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:

mb
mbmb mb

mb
mbmb mb

These are looking cool. I don't know what you plan to do with the two empty spots, but they could be more variations of the vines. I think the vines in both
and
look good. If you are going for a total of 5 badges, you can move clouds about along with different vine patterns. Maybe add another creature/person in the middle one.

Edit: Ah, I read further up and saw the plans for the other spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
RomyCat wrote:
[...] If you are going for a total of 5 badges, you can move clouds about along with different vine patterns. Maybe add another creature/person in the middle one.
Hi Romy!

Not sure if you've been following the last two pages, but the idea is (as soon as I have the time to) to improve on these ones. If we nail it, people will be able to either add only Bob's addition to the current Kaffe's set or to add all three of them for a "complete" set of 5 MBs and it would, ideally, still look good either way.
[Edit: I saw you already saw about our plans devil ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
RomyCat wrote:
[...] If you are going for a total of 5 badges, you can move clouds about along with different vine patterns. Maybe add another creature/person in the middle one.
Hi Romy!

Not sure if you've been following the last two pages, but the idea is (as soon as I have the time to) to improve on these ones. If we nail it, people will be able to either add only Bob's addition to the current Kaffe's set or to add all three of them for a "complete" set of 5 MBs and it would, ideally, still look good either way.
[Edit: I saw you already saw about our plans devil ]

I read backwards after I made that last post and saw the other plans. Love the concept. The ruined floor one really adds to the overall look, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Maybe a raven seated on a crenel merlon, or reading a newspaper or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:

mb
mbmb mb

mb
mbmb mb

Kaffedrake wrote:
Maybe a raven seated on a crenel merlon, or reading a newspaper or something?

mb
mb

* Contrastier (it is ok/enough? too much maybe?) bricks in both MBs.
* Added a taller/closer mountain that shows in both and we can also peek some of it's lower/forested section through the damaged section in #4.
* Added a crow to #3. Is it too big? Does it even look like a crow?

What do you think? If the additions are not going in the right direction I could revert to the originals and try to just go with the color-matched-contrast-increased bricks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romy Cat

Mississippi
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the crow in the middle one is a great choice for the theme. Looks like a bird to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Maybe reverse the bird and move it to the far left edge of the microbadge?

In the middle badge, the highlight bricks should be toned down at least at the left and right edges.

The hill is a nice effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
#4 should have one "flat" black pixel on the right.

The bird is supposed to be a raven, so if it looks like a crow, it's super wrong!!

The gap kinda makes it look like the dinosaur is confined to the right side.

I wonder if the gap isn't too big? If you look at the set now, it kinda stands out and looks significant. Maybe slightly crumbling a merlon or two on #2 would offset this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
paracelso_dra wrote:
Giving this Claire Hoffman request a try.

Group: Role-Playing Related -> Artists and Designers
Grouping Description: Claire Hoffman
Wiki Description: For fans of RPG designer Claire Hoffman
Name: Claire Hoffman fan
Mouseover: Claire Hoffman fan

>(v1)
>(v2)
Any feedback on this anyone?

I know you already submitted it, but I'd like to give more time than half a day for getting feedback. Or at the very least more than one thumbs up before rushing into submitting and approving
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  111 , 112 , 113 , 114 , 115  Next »  [121] |