North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyMe wrote:
Sorry for the waste of time.
No worries at all! We should all be ready to teach and to learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyMe wrote:
edbolme wrote:
BloodyMe wrote:
Hi,

I have just submitted mb on request from JordsAU. The MB is still pending for approval.
The requester has asked me whether it is possible to change the mouseover from
"Australia’s symbol of diversity and aspirations of unity"
to
"Golden Wattle Flag - Australia’s symbol of diversity and aspirations of unity"

I am passing the request on to you. Hopefully it will take a moment to do it...

Thanks a lot, both from me and from the requester, Giulio.
It's quicker (and more polite) to delete your own submission and resub with the proper wording.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that! Sorry for the waste of time. I'll do it immediately.
This doesn't seem like it's RPGG or RPG related either, so the fix request would've belonged to Fixes and Clean-up for Existing Microbadges. This thread you made the post to, is for RPGG and RPG related badges and fixes to those.

Ed's answer is very much accurate and true to all the BGG/VGG related badges, since there are tons of badges at BGG and therefore way more work for the admin working that queue. I'm known to make these changes by request for badges that are still pending approval, since I can afford to do that, considering the traffic is much slower here at RPGG.

And absolutely no worries, these things are actually quite complicated to figure out in the beginning, there are so many threads and geeklists etc and finding the correct one can be a bit difficult occasionally. We're here to help, like Ed said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes submitted and purchased
- Off the Beaten Path (S&W) submitted
- Old-School Essentials submitted and purchased
- Trilemma Adventures submitted and purchased

I guess that's it for now. Thanks everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
But... we need RPG subjects for badges! How else can we win RPG microbadging awards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio Zambon
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Live long and prosper
mbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
BloodyMe wrote:
edbolme wrote:
BloodyMe wrote:
Hi,

I have just submitted mb on request from JordsAU. The MB is still pending for approval.
The requester has asked me whether it is possible to change the mouseover from
"Australia’s symbol of diversity and aspirations of unity"
to
"Golden Wattle Flag - Australia’s symbol of diversity and aspirations of unity"

I am passing the request on to you. Hopefully it will take a moment to do it...

Thanks a lot, both from me and from the requester, Giulio.
It's quicker (and more polite) to delete your own submission and resub with the proper wording.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that! Sorry for the waste of time. I'll do it immediately.
This doesn't seem like it's RPGG or RPG related either, so the fix request would've belonged to Fixes and Clean-up for Existing Microbadges. This thread you made the post to, is for RPGG and RPG related badges and fixes to those.

Ed's answer is very much accurate and true to all the BGG/VGG related badges, since there are tons of badges at BGG and therefore way more work for the admin working that queue. I'm known to make these changes by request for badges that are still pending approval, since I can afford to do that, considering the traffic is much slower here at RPGG.

And absolutely no worries, these things are actually quite complicated to figure out in the beginning, there are so many threads and geeklists etc and finding the correct one can be a bit difficult occasionally. We're here to help, like Ed said
Thanks to both. I did overlook the RPGG at the beginning of the thread's title...
Meanwhile, I fixed the problem by deleting the original submission and making a new one.
Thanks again.
It's a pleasure dealing with you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
But... we need RPG subjects for badges! How else can we win RPG microbadging awards!
Oh, I am sure I'll be back with more requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
For Children of the Beast RPG:

source:

I saw a banner, and I liked the logo. No RPGG entry yet, it's being kickstarted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Big C is nice. Is there any way to get more structure/facetness on the dot thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
With solicited, non-binding, generous, royalty-free, tentative acceptance by Kaffedrake, I present the following proposal, half a year in the making...

...to go here...

mb
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Big C is nice. Is there any way to get more structure/facetness on the dot thing?

For Chrildren of the Beast RPG:
->
better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spookity Dookity
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Pumpkins Scream in the Dead of Night
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about one for Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game?

I played around with this a bit, as the font in the logo is slightly different from the one identified for use in the rules (Soutane Black). I will say that Soutane Black seemed a bit thick on the letter size, so I then tried Soutane Bold. I also fiddled with using a background color from their compatibility bar.

Logo:

Version 1, font from logo:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

Version 2, font Soutane Black:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

Version 1, font Soutane Bold:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

I personally think that Version 1 is preferable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It seems a bit fuzzier than necessary though, and it has a yellowish tint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spookity Dookity
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Oh, to be clear, I don't necessarily think any of them are ready for prime-time, but wanted to see what path would make the most sense to continue to go down. I'm guessing you're of the Version 1, clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:

For Chrildren of the Beast RPG:
->
better?
Kaffedrake wrote:
->
->
sharper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

This is now my feedback to every badge posted everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:

This is now my feedback to every badge posted everywhere.
lol. so who was it directed at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It was as the Steve surmised directed at his version 1, but retroactively it applies to everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
With solicited, non-binding, generous, royalty-free, tentative acceptance by Kaffedrake, I present the following proposal, half a year in the making...

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dubya wrote:
How about one for Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game?

I played around with this a bit, as the font in the logo is slightly different from the one identified for use in the rules (Soutane Black). I will say that Soutane Black seemed a bit thick on the letter size, so I then tried Soutane Bold. I also fiddled with using a background color from their compatibility bar.

Logo:

Version 1, font from logo:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

Version 2, font Soutane Black:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

Version 1, font Soutane Bold:

Clear background:

Yellow background:

I personally think that Version 1 is preferable.
I would go with version 1, but no yellow background or yellowish hue on the letters, just plain black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spookity Dookity
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm hearing that like this would be more preferable to those with a preference:

Version 4:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Now that I'm looking at them together, I wonder if the cloud should be moved up and if the vines should be a bit more sparse. On it's own, it seems decently balanced; with the others... so-so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Now that I'm looking at them together, I wonder if the cloud should be moved up and if the vines should be a bit more sparse. On it's own, it seems decently balanced; with the others... so-so.
I'm probably the only one that finds the wider central crenel and two central merlons (mildly) disturbing? (It seems to be the case that total symmetry is not achievable in this case, but I'd go as close as possible).
I'd also modify one of the climbing plants (they look too similar now IMO) and while at it, I'd probably go a bit bolder.
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

Or you could go into berserker microbadger mode and pull out something like this...

mb
mb

Or yYou could should just completely ignore me. Blame it on the fever...

[Disclaimer: I have not the slightest clue about how the source material looks (assuming there's something to actually look at)]

[Edit: typos and some justice to the last sentence]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
I'm probably the only one that finds the wider central crenel and two central merlons (mildly) disturbing? (It seems to be the case that total symmetry is not achievable in this case, but I go as close as possible).
I'd also modify one of the climbing plants (they look too similar now IMO) and while at it, I'd probably go a bit bolder.
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

Or you could go into berserker microbadger mode and pull out something like this...

mb
mb

Or you could just completely ignore me. Blame it on the fever...

[Disclaimer: I have not the slightest clue about how the source material looks (assuming there's something to actually look at)]
The new additions look great.

Regarding the crenels and merlons, I had been considering the tower to be circular, hence the perspective would change from the outer ones to the central ones. That being said, my badge had to be symmetric and look pleasing. I created five or six different versions. This one seemed to work better than the other options. If the tower is rectangular, or even significantly wide, the perspective issue could potentially be ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
I'm probably the only one that finds the wider central crenel and two central merlons (mildly) disturbing? (It seems to be the case that total symmetry is not achievable in this case, but I go as close as possible).
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

mb
mb

Regarding the crenels and merlons, I had been considering the tower to be circular, hence the perspective would change from the outer ones to the central ones. That being said, my badge had to be symmetric and look pleasing. I created five or six different versions. This one seemed to work better than the other options. If the tower is rectangular, or even significantly wide, the perspective issue could potentially be ignored.
I hadn't thought about it being circular! Now the wider stuff in the center completely makes sense. My bad! (and by the way, I forgot to mention it earlier, but -observations/suggestions aside- I think your MB looks cool as is and would be a great addition to Kaffe's pair, even if no further modifications are made to it).
Regarding "my" set, I just obviously took your design and butchered it quickly in several different ways. I was just being silly and playful since I could not resist the temptation to see how a full set might look. Feel free to use whatever pixel or idea you may like, if any.

[Edit: Typos]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
paracelso_dra wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

...to go here...

mb
mb

Ooo! Yes please!!
Something like this:
(only better executed).

mb
mb

mb
mb

I would be fine with adding all three, in case there would be people interested in buying the whole set. I mean, it would look really cool under one's avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  110 , 111 , 112 , 113 , 114  Next »  [120] |