Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb is given out for excellence in microbadge design, so here is your chance to acknowledge some of the quality designers out there. This is arguably the most prestigious microbadge design award, and the current way of giving it out only comes round every 6 months, and only up to 3 designers will get it each time, so if you're interested in participating, don't hold back!

You can more or less see the award as a lifetime achievement award, even though any designer (new or old, with many or few sales or badges) can have it awarded to them, as long as they fulfill the following criteria:

Successfully and appealingly representing five difficult images and/or complex ideas in the restrictive 16x16 pixel format.

mb How this works, in a nutshell mb
mb Any mb owner can nominate two different designers, including themselves. In order to do that, simply send me a geekmail stating the usernames of the designers you wish to nominate. There's no need to provide any information on the designer or why you are nominating them, but it is very helpful if you include 4-5 of their designs that you think are particularly good.
mb A nomination list will be compiled from the received nominations, and voting volunteers will receive a multi-option poll via geekmail to choose who is worthy of the award this time round. Any mb owner can volunteer to vote simply by geekmailing me and stating just that.
mb The poll described above will determine who, from 0 to 3 designers, will receive the award.

mb Time constraints mb
mb You have about 1 week from this post to make your nominations and/or volunteer to be a voter (until April 14th, 2016).
mb The poll will be sent out to all voters a day or two after the nomination/voting volunteering is over, after any nomination/voting conflicts have been dealt with.
mb Up to a week will be given to voters to vote. If there are no ties, the final results should be known about a week after nominations close.

mb What do you have to do, and how can you participate? mb
mb You want to nominate someone and are a mb owner? Simply geekmail me your nomination list, which may include up to two designers and which may include yourself, preferably with a list of 5 of their best microbadges.
mb You want to vote on who receives the award and are a mb owner? Simply geekmail me stating that you volunteer to vote! (If you are not a mb owner, you still may be able to vote, as up to two guest judges are allowed)

mb Complete award rules mb

General approach:
mb A new thread to be created here in the guild, asking for nominations and for voting volunteers (voters). Nominations and voting volunteering performed by sending a geekmail to the moderator (in this case, me). The moderator is not necessarily a voter or makes any nominations.
mb Nominators, who must be mb owners, may nominate up to two different microbadge designers (with no limitations, including themselves). Although not mandatory, every nomination may be accompanied with a list of 5 of the designer's exceptional badges (badges that are more complex than a wooden cube).
mb Voters, who must be mb owners, except for up to two guest voters, may not be on the nomination poll (i.e., if you want to be in the running, don't volunteer to be a voter). If someone volunteers to be a voter and is nominated by someone else, that user will be given the choice of which role he or she wants to have.
mb A committee of at least 6 members is setup. The committee will usually be composed of up to twelve voters (with a maximum of two guests), if there are more volunteers than that, some further adjustments might be made.
mb All received nominated designers are put into a multi-voting poll and geekmailed to the committee's members.
mb The nomination lists and polls' results are kept private and only accessible to the committee. The only publicly available information is the committee's composition and the final awarded designer list, if any.

Periodicity and poll:
mb A new committee to be formed every 6 months. No restrictions on each new committee exist (i.e., somebody can participate in all of them, just one, whatever).
mb Each committee, so every 6 months, may award up to 3 designers with mb (0 to 3 awards). In the case that more than 3 designers would be awarded at the end of the poll, a simpler tie-breaker poll will be used to check who is to receive the award.
mb In order for a designer to receive the award, he or she must have at least all but one votes (or all but two, in case of over 10 voters) in the multi-voting.

Limitations:
mb Nominators must be mb owners.
mb All voters must be mb owners, except for up to two guest voters.
mb Prior or current microbadge admins are exempt from the previous two restrictions.
mb Voters may not be on the nomination poll (i.e., if you want to be in the running, don't volunteer to be a voter).

Other stuff:
mb Any unforeseen situations will be dealt with common sense. Unforeseen settings that can't be dealt with common sense in an obvious manner shall be discussed and decided upon here.
mb Everything related to the award will be announced here. The final result of this whole thing will also be announced in the main microbadge thread.

mb Award history mb
You can find out more about the award at
Microbadge Design award (quality award),
Microbadge Design Award: Season 02, Episode 01,
Microbadge Design Award: Season 02, Episode 02 (round 6),
Microbadge Design Award: Season 02, Episode 03 (round 7),
Microbadge Design Award: Season 02, Episode 04 (round 8),
Microbadge Design Award: Round 9,
Microbadge Design Award: Round 10 (March 2013),
Microbadge Design Award: Round 11 (September 2013),
Microbadge Design Award: Round 12 (March 2014),
Microbadge Design Award: Round 13 (September 2014),
Microbadge Design Award - Round 14 [March 2015],
Microbadge Design Award - Round 15 (September 2015).

26 designers have been awarded mb in the past, which are: Munin, simonh, TabbySunLion, Debate, jgrundy, mrbeankc, garion, rmidjord, kevintlee, Lajos, spearjr, indigopotter, wildthayne,
drewdane, Bail Organa, zorro_jv, anomander64, schwartzkopf, crazylegs, Delinear, Kattvippa, Kaffedrake, entwife, Thorin2001, cinderbike, and Dunyc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Three people can win this? Awesome! Anxiously awaiting the outcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Three people can win this? Awesome! Anxiously awaiting the outcome!

Three can, but its never happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Except that time in March 2015. And March 2014. And February 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does that compare to the number of zero-people-won results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
How does that compare to the number of zero-people-won results?
My memory, which loves to play tricks on me, says one occurrence of zero awards. Clicking on all the links above should reveal the answer, but I'm still at work and I'm going to get four hours of sleep tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Sorry mate it's not going to happen. Why not? Cause you either have to be a current prolific designer (even though that's not in the criteria) or the committee awarding has to be made of only of old-timers. I've been on the committee a number of times when your name was put forward and the newer members just weren't willing to go there. Happy to proven wrong of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a week and a day, I'm starting to compile the list of nominations; if anyone has any last minute nominations, now is the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nominations are closed, I'm sending out the geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Nominations are closed, I'm sending out the geekmail.
When is the announcement? goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have all of the votes yet, and then there is often discussion. It can take up to a week.

Quote:
Up to a week will be given to voters to vote. If there are no ties, the final results should be known about a week after nominations close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb Congratulations to the latest recipients of the Microbadge Design Award mb

Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

and

Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

and thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
Very well deserved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

As one who nominated Nunovix, I am pleased to him win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the award in the mail! I had forgotten about it

It was a great surprise, because there are so many deserving microbadgers that i really wasn't expecting this honor. And it is a great joy to receive it with Ed, because we started around the same time!

Thanks to the great Microbadge community, and keep on the great work. I am always delighted to see the new beautiful designs that are made every day! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to you both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, both of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Nuno and Ed!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats guys. Worthy recipients.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Todd This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Ed and Nuno! Keep up the great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
You both deserve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
surprise

I wonder if Nuno nominated you...

coollaughmeeple

Conga rats to both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
edbolme wrote:
surprise

coollaughmeeple

Conga rats to both!

Actually i did
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
nunovix wrote:
pfrsantos wrote:
edbolme wrote:
surprise

coollaughmeeple

Conga rats to both!

Actually i did

Got to have one of you nominate me, too...

whistlecoollaughmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |