Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone in my LARP group just posted this video link.

I have to say that firstly, whoever dreamt this animation up is one twisted-in-the-head puppy.

The choice of narrator is terrible. She has no sense of sentence timing, dropping punctuation where there should be some, putting punctuation in places where none should be.

And yet.....yet....I found I had to watch it.

Also, if the style etc puts you off just watch the 2 minute soldier piece at 14 minutes (blue dudes with a red gun). It'll give you a laugh and inspiration for rpgs everywhere....

"They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies, those horrible atrocity filled vermin! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:

I have to say that firstly, whoever dreamt this animation up is one twisted-in-the-head puppy.

That would be Ralf Bakshi, who was the mastermind behind the Animated (well, mostly rotoscoped) version of Lord of the Rings and Fritz the Cat among others.

It's considered a gonzo geek classic over this way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmbmb
Was movies like this and others at the time that sparked the first interest to play RPGs for me. This film was pivotal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:
Bifford wrote:

That would be Ralf Bakshi, who was the mastermind behind the Animated (well, mostly rotoscoped) version of Lord of the Rings and Fritz the Cat among others.

It's considered a gonzo geek classic over this way!
Ah Bakshi... I still can't forget his version of Lord of the Rings. To this day I laugh about Boromir's horned helmet, the fact that all the horn calls were the same four notes, the brightness of the elves, how Gandalf got caught in his cloak (but they couldn't afford to reshoot the scene so they rotoscoped it all!) and how epically awful that film was...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i wrote my college thesis comparing Wizards to Theodore Roszack's Where the Wasteland Ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
I tried watching this yesterday and it was really difficult to get through. Seems very dated. The art, and especially the backgrounds, were quite beautiful, but the animation looked to be about 3 frames/second and the story in general was pretty hokey and disjointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I missed this as a kid! I watched half of it this weekend... I am not sure what to think of it. Some of it seems brilliant. Some of it seems disjointed. Some of the voice acting grated on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I remember watching this when I was ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
admin
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'cause we know what we feel...
badge
Don't know what I want but I know how to get it.
mbmbmbmbmb
A classic. Also an RPG. Seen the movie. Haven't read the RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto Harkaman

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it in the theater really enjoyed it, a real classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls