Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
263 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 

13th Age» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 13th Age - Shadows of Eldolan - March, 13th, 2015 (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2015 [+] [View All]
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows of Eldolan - Game thread

- 13th Age - Shadows of Eldolan - March, 13th, 2015 (OOC)
- 13th Age - Shadows of Eldolan - March, 13th, 2015 (IC) (this one)
- Characters Geeklist

Please try to keep OOC chat to a minimum in the IC thread.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you know about the geography of Eldolan...
Eldolan lies 20 miles northeast of Horizon and is built upon the shores of Pocket Bay between two ridges that look like the high edges of a saddle.



The low, smooth ends open to the north and to the south. The north end contains the port and is known simply as "the Docks." The south end holds two districts: the small Temple district along the eastern edge of the town, where people can consult the gods and their priests and attend the town crypts, the Dead Vaults; and the much larger Commons to the west, where simple craftsfolk and laborers work and live.

Built into the high ridge to the east a few hundred feet above sea level are the buildings of the Schools of Magic (called the Grounds). The buildings in the district look down the slope upon the rest of the town, with a high wall separating it from the other districts. On the back side of the Grounds, high cliffs fall to the sea and coastline. Upon the western ridge, and slightly lower in elevation than the Grounds to the east, are the buildings and structures of the Mage Council and other government buildings (the Governs). The middle part of the town, which locals call "the Saddle," houses the higher-end merchant shops and other industry.

A small river called Uller’s Flow enters the town under the walls in the Commons, passes underground through the Saddle, and emerges again in the Docks, where it empties into the sea helping form the bay.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the real beginning...
Each of you was sent to Eldolan to meet a representative of the Emperor, Raley Tallfellow, a male halfling.

You recently arrived in Eldolan...

Currently, you are in Hawker’s Square, the main square in the Commons district not far from the main gates. The square is filled with people shopping and moving through to other locations. There are a few semi-permanent booths and tents set up in the middle and around the edges of the square selling all manner of goods and foods. Many individuals are peddling their wares on blankets or tables along the thoroughfares. You see Raley Tallfellow at the center of the square.


Before we start. Please describe the circumstances that brought your character to Eldolan in regards to the Emperor, even if they don’t have a personal relationship with the icon.

You can also seize the opportunity to describe yourself and interact a bit.

Unlike most of 13th Age games, you will not roll icon relationship now.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mara step into the hawker's square for the first time in 13 years. She must admit, the city hadn't changed much. It was just missing some wizard apprentice throwing fireball at each other in a foolish magical duel to complete the picture.

The blond girl in full armor with a sword crossing her back looks around her and finally spot the halfling she was searching for. The Priestess wasn't clear about the mission, just that she owned a favor to the Emperor and that he was looking for someone to protect his representative.

Sigh. 13 years serving the Priestess to be sent as a bodyguard for little noble. Sometime I wish for more exciting mission.



She walks towards the hafling and call his name.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Argrauth disembarks, wearing a dark grey scale armor, his helmet cradled in his left arm, the headband signalling his recently-acquired function on his head.

A few weeks ago, he was still a member of the honour guard sworn to protect an important thane in charge of an important imperial city. But a strange omen of something stirring in Eldolan had his Lord appoint him as Eye of the Emperor.

Now he would have to leave the confines of his office and the comradery of his peers to wander alone and track down the threats to the Dragon Empire.

How in everything that's sacred would he find the time to write now. Even worse? How would he do that without being seen and being ridiculed!?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As he made his way through the square, Shen was keenly aware of the eyes following him and his...companion, for it was hard to miss a lumbering brown bear in the middle of a city such as this.

Though he was glad to be among his own people again, the people of the Empire, he was not comfortable contained within the walls. The smells of the city, the dirtiness mixed with smoke, mixed with food, and topped off with salt air would never settle comfortably in his nose like it did most people.

He felt the eyes staring at him, judging him, always judging him. He knew the bear would bring him no harm, and that the bear would even fight for him, so long as he remained loyal to his new mistress. This was the price of a crime against nature, even an accidental one.

As he approached the small man whom he knew to be Raley Tallfellow, Shen eyes cast upon two others who seemed to have received the same summons. The half-Orc he had seen before, maybe even met once or twice during one of his organized hunts, but that was a lifetime ago. The girl...her armor and sword, he had seen the same worn by the holy warriors in service to the priestess, but he had never heard of a women among their ranks. Maybe the daughter of one, dressing up like daddy once did, getting her own armor and using her father's sword, perhaps. As he stepped up to the group, he gave a small nod of recognition to the half-orc, spared a glance for the woman, and let his gaze settle on the halfling. Beside him, he heard the loud "whump" of the bear setting down.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edrym had never been to Eldolan. It was right outside Horizon, and he'd spent years shuttling between that city and Axis, learning magic from the Archmage's underlings and tactics from the loyal followers of the Emperor. In any case, for some reason he'd never found the time to make the trip to Eldolan. But now, he was here, and he didn't think he'd missed much.

All he had to go on was a description of Tallfellow, along with a rough meeting time and place. He'd arrived early and spent the intervening hours exploring the city, getting the lay of the land. That had drawn the attention of a few onlookers who were interested in this tall elven stranger wearing the blue and white robes of an Imperial battlemage, who was in town with no obvious business.

Edrym ignored these inquisitive glances and, when the time came, made his way toward Hawker's Square. There he saw a man who could only be Raley Tallfellow, along with a couple of other people who were strangers to Edrym. He approached, and as he drew near, he dropped into an elaborate courtly bow. "Greetings," he said. "I am Edrym Amara. Raley Tallfellow, I presume." The agent of the Emperor who'd given him this assignment didn't say exactly what Edrym would be doing, so he trusted Tallfellow to explain things further.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldon's back itched, a distant memory of his initiation. He was supposed to be Tertius, but according to his handlers Primus had fallen off a cliff somewhere, and Secundus had gone missing. It was Secondus' fate that worried him; supposedly there are enough cut-outs between the Tattooed Ones to prevent one from being traced to another, but there were a lot of people who would want what he had on his back, for a lot of different reasons. And he was stuck as Primus until the monks came up with a new tattoo design and a couple of likely replacements. Then he could relax and go back to being just a merchant...

Meanwhile, go to Eldolan; it should be safe enough there. Establish yourself and lay low, they had told him. And while you're there, maybe you could go to this meeting...



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldon Rusk surveyed the square. These vendors would be his first line of competition, if ever he found the capital to actually buy some stock for his storefront a few streets away. It had taken everything he had to acquire the shop, leaving him with nothing but his personal gear. At least he had a place to sleep.

He was meeting a fellow about a job. Eldon wasn't terribly interested in working for the Emperor, however remotely, but there was that capital issue. Plus in his real line of business, it's always best to keep an eye on what the Emperor's agents are up to. So sympathetic contacts among the Priestess's ranks had managed to put his name forward as a man with a gift for languages and a head full of potentially useful facts to get him this meeting.

Eldon was thin and medium height, with dark hair and a neatly trimmed beard. He wore a long, loose coat of good but not fine quality.

He spotted the halfling contact right away, and noticed several, well, let's say interesting-looking people gathering around him. Looks like I'm one of the last to get here, he thought to himself, and he hurried across the square to join the small group gathered around Tallfellow.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shen took a moment to regard the newcomers. The elf, though he didn't know him, he recognized the livery of an Imperial Battlemage. The other, he looked like a merchant and dressed like one, but something about his gait suggested he was something more. Years spent tracking and hunting led him to recognize the difference between the lumbering walk of a man who spent his days behind a counter with that of the practiced grace of an athlete.

Shen rubbed his bearded chin. It was starting to get too shaggy, he had been out away from civilization too long this time. After this meeting he would get a bath and a trim of his beard and hair, both of which were brown streaked with the light grey of a man just entering middle age, though his lean and strong body would suggest otherwise. He was tall and muscular, though not as much as the half-orc, and he wore his weapons openly. A greatsword strapped across his back, a long bow slung over his shoulder, and a quiver of arrows hanging from his belt. He kept his green weather-beaten cloak wrapped around his body.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the afternoon wanes, the shadows of the three-story, gray stone buildings that form the perimeter of Hawker’s Square are lengthening, and the calls of vendors and beggars alike are growing louder. Suddenly, a loud crash rises above the babel of voices. On the western side of the square a large wagon full of pumpkins has tipped backward, filling the roadway with tumbling gourds. At first people laugh. Then a woman’s scream cuts through the air.

As the crowd parts, you see someone is fighting with a Silver Shield town watcher near one of the square’s two unblocked exits to the northeast, and a woman next to them is screaming and pointing. You understand her wails as the other combatant lunges forward to bite the guard’s throat and pulls back with blood-stained jaws. Then more yells erupt as you see a group of figures emerge from a stairwell in the center of the square and quickly overwhelm the last two Silver Shield guards in the area. The figures are humanoid... and were once living. Now, you see that they surely are not, because each one has large, open wounds where entrails, or lung, or heart, or eye are missing.

Suddenly, you hear a crackling sound behind you and turn to see your surprised-looking contact being surrounded in a magical whirlwind of dark shadows and purple vapors. As one, the group of zombies turns toward Raley Tallfellow and begins to advance, driving the doomed townsfolk before them to the ground as the rest of the crowd screams and fearfully rushes toward the last remaining exit to the southwest. The rush is stopped by a roaring zombie wearing a pumpkin with a leering face carved into it. Only you stand in the creatures’ way.










You see that one of the square’s three exits is blocked by the tipped pumpkin cart. An rather humorous zombie wearing a carved pumpkin stands on the cart.

Another exit is blocked by five rotting figures, and the last is plugged by the mass of people fleeing the square, leaving no easy escape.

The main group of zombies emerges from the stairwell in the center of the square. It is composed by ten rotting figures with apparently removed organs, and two putrefying human zombies. They are clearly attracted by your contact.

Raley Tallfellow stands at the southern end of the square. He's far away from the zombies... for now.

Roll for initiative!


Please, read the OOC thread before posting.

Reminder: Initiative Roll = 1D20 + Dex Modifier + Level

- Zombie Shufflers (Rotting figures): 1d20 = (11) = 11
- Putrefying Human Zombies: 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7
- Zombie Pumpkin Hurler: 1d20+3 = (13) + 3 = 16
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686129. deborn
  • 1d20 =
  • (11) =
  • 11
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm
  • [+]
  • 686130. deborn
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm
  • [+]
  • 686131. deborn
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (13) + 3 =
  • 16
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:01 pm
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mara init 1d20+1 = (20) + 1 = 21
Mara init second roll 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14

I will take the highest result.

"Stand back M. Tallfellow", shout Mara as she draw her sword and stand between the halfling and the zombies. The deads were clearly coming towards us so no need to rush.

She mutters a quick prayer and a beam of light descend from the sky to hit one of the putrefying corps.

Javelin of Faith 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10 vs PD
damage 1d6+2 = (4) + 2 = 6
1 damage on a miss


If Mara need to move in range, lets assume she does.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686159. vilainn6
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (20) + 1 =
  • 21
  • Mara init
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 686160. vilainn6
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (13) + 1 =
  • 14
  • Mara init second roll
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 686167. vilainn6
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Javelin of Faith
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:21 pm
  • [+]
  • 686169. vilainn6
  • 1d6+2 =
  • (4) + 2 =
  • 6
  • damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:22 pm
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
At the sound of the scream, Argrauth puts his helmet back on his head, seizes his warhammer and shield, and with a nod acknowledging Shen, then he dashes to protect the halfling by standing between him and the undeads and attacking the nearest one.

After all, protecting is what he's been trained to do since the day he entered his lord's service.

Initiative 1d20+6 = (18) + 6 = 24

Melee attack 1d20+5 = (6) + 5 = 11

Damage 1d8+4 = (7) + 4 = 11

1 Damage on a miss

And in case the nearest zombie gets to Raley Tallfellow before Argrauth does, he'll use Skilled Intercept as a free action if you consider the halfling as being a "near ally".

Standard save 1d20 = (17) = 17
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686191. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (18) + 6 =
  • 24
  • Initiative
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 686193. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (6) + 5 =
  • 11
  • Melee attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 686194. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d8+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 686196. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20 =
  • (17) =
  • 17
  • Standard save
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:57 pm
Sterling Archer
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the woman screams and the corpses appear, Shen pulls out his long bow. Beside him, the bear lets loose a ferocious roar.

"My thoughts exactly."

Init1 1d20+4 = (10) + 4 = 14
Init2 1d20+4 = (1) + 4 = 5

Shen nocks an arrow and sends it toward the closest corpse to him.

Attack 1d20+4 = (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d8+3 = (1) + 3 = 4
1 damage on a miss.

The bear charges a corpse approaching Shen.

Attack 1d20+5 = (20) + 5 = 25
Damage 1d8 = (8) = 8

Edit: Crit damage for the bear 16.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686201. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (10) + 4 =
  • 14
  • Init1
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:03 pm
  • [+]
  • 686202. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • 5
  • Init2
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:03 pm
  • [+]
  • 686206. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (14) + 4 =
  • 18
  • Attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 686207. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (1) + 3 =
  • 4
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 686209. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (20) + 5 =
  • 25
  • Attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:08 pm
  • [+]
  • 686211. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8 =
  • (8) =
  • 8
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When Eldon first glimpsed the undead approaching, he turned pale, thinking They found me! and visions of being skinned alive started dancing through his head. But then he heard the crackling noise and saw the lights swirling around the halfling, and realized Tallfellow was the real target.

Glancing around, he sees the heavily armed trio positioning themselves to battle the horrors, so he does what he does best - steps back away from the group, where he can watch for an opportunity to strike from behind. He readies a throwing knife in each hand.

(Using the human "quick to fight" power)
Initiative (1) 1d20 +4 = (16) + 4 = 20
Initiative (2) 1d20 +4 = (5) + 4 = 9

When an opening appears, Eldon will use some combination of Sneak Attack, Improved Sneak Attack, Flying Blade, and Precise Shot to attack the undead from behind. If attacked directly, then he'll drop the knives and go for his shortsword.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686228. Starlost151
  • 1d20 +4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 pm
  • [+]
  • 686229. Starlost151
  • 1d20 +4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Edrym's Initiative 1d20+3 = (2) + 3 = 5

Edrym recoils from the walking dead, not out of fear but out of concern that they'll get too close. The lessons that had been drilled into him at the Imperial College had left their mark, and he knew he was most effective hanging back and bombarding the foes with mystic energy.

His opposite number among the zombies seemed to be the pumpkin hurler. Edrym took a deep breath and spoke the final few words of the spell he'd prepared, and unleashed a stream of corrosive liquid at the pumpkin-tossing corpse. But as the spell left him, he gave it a little twisted, juicing it with additional arcane energy, enough to ensure that it would be at its maximum potential if it landed.

Casting Acid Arrow at the pumpkin hurler and evoking it. If it hits, it's 40 acid damage and 5 ongoing. If it misses it's 5 ongoing and I regain the spell.

Acid Arrow (vs. PD) 1d20+5 = (5) + 5 = 10
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686234. FrankScenario
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (2) + 3 =
  • 5
  • Initiative
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 686238. FrankScenario
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (5) + 5 =
  • 10
  • Acid Arrow (vs. PD)
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:49 pm
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawker’s Square - Round #1

- Zombie Pumpkin Hurler - Hurled pumpkin attack 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22
- Zombie Shufflers #1 - Rotting fist attack 1d20+3 = (12) + 3 = 15
- Zombie Shufflers #2 - Rotting fist attack 1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23 (+1d4 = (3) = 3 damages to both the target and the zombie)
- Zombie Shufflers #3 - Rotting fist attack 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10
- Zombie Putrefying Human - Rotting fist attack 1d20+7 = (7) + 7 = 14


Argrauth knew his job, coping and holding the line. He stood between the zombies and their target. His first blow missed. A walking dead tried to hit him, without success. Argrauth anticipated the maneuver of one of the putrefying human, and intercepted it, escaping an incoming blow. He's now facing two undead.

Mara's prayer was heard, but the putrefying human was faster than its clumsiness suggested. When the pure light stroke it, the zombie screamed in pain. He rushed toward Mara... No need to rush indeed...

Eldon maneuvered to get an opportunity later...

A hurled pumpkin flied across the square and crashed on Raley Tallfellow, who cried in surprise more than in pain.

Shen's arrow found it's target, not his best score, but sufficient to disturb the walking corpse from the Emperor's agent. The bear charged the corpse with all its aggressiveness. Its powerful claws hit left, hit right, and hit left again... Two bodies broke, a third is barely standing. The bear defied the unnatural walking dead, who stroke with the despair of death. Surrounded by two rotting zombies, the bear growled, Shen felt its pain.

Edrym keeped his composure. The situation was a case study. Step back, cast spells, first target the archers... He gathered the magical energies and casted his arrow. It missed the pumpkin hurler, but the zombie felt the bite of the acid.

Raley Tallfellow found a place to hide.

You understand that the zombie shufflers, the ones with missing organs, didn't endure a blow or two. The putrefying humans seem far more dangerous.


- The bear suffers 9 points of damage.
- Argrauth and Mara, I need a easy save (6+). On failure, you will suffer a -2 penalty to attacks and damage with melee attacks for one round.
- Edrym, you'll regain your spell during the next quick rest. Hurler's save roll: 1d20 = (18) = 18, ongoing damages fade away.
- Eldon, you're now in an advantageous position. The putrefying human engaged with Mara or Argrauth is a perfect candidate for your Flying blade. If one is down before your action, we will adjust the narration.

We're starting a new round. The escalation dice is now 1, don't forget that all your actions are now +1.

Two shufflers are down. Eight shufflers (four not engaged yet), two putrefying humans and the hurler stands.

As for the previous round, please describe what you want to do and make necessary rolls.

Edit: precisions about the opposition.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686293. deborn
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (15) + 7 =
  • 22
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 686295. deborn
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (12) + 3 =
  • 15
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 686296. deborn
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 686297. deborn
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
  • [+]
  • 686298. deborn
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (7) + 7 =
  • 14
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 686315. deborn
  • 1d4 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 686322. deborn
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:13 pm
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
save 1d20 = (5) = 5

Mara move towards the putrefying body who escape the wrath of gods.

"Come to the help of your servant mighty deity and give me the strenght to destroy my enemies" said the paladin while swinging her sword at the moving corps.

attack with smite evil 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25 vs AC
damage 1d10 + 1d12 = (3) + (6) = 9

Miss: half damages


The -2 modificator had been added to my rolls
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686337. vilainn6
  • 1d20 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • save
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 686347. vilainn6
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (19) + 6 =
  • 25
  • attack with smite evil
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 686348. vilainn6
  • 1d10 + 1d12 =
  • (3) + (6) =
  • 9
  • damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 pm
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Standard save 1d20 = (19) = 19

Please apply any modifiers to my upcoming rolls


Argrauth, a stern look on his face, takes in the situation.

The sea was rough, he's barely slept during the crossing, and the curiosity stemming from those undeads' tactics is more than distracting.

Shaking his head to wake himself up, he lift his warhammer in a curved movement upwards to hit the undead on the chin.

Warhammer uppercut attack 1d20+5+1 = (11) + 5 + 1 = 17

Damage 1d8+4 = (7) + 4 = 11

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686352. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • 19
  • Standard save
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 686356. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+5+1 =
  • (11) + 5 + 1 =
  • 17
  • Warhammer uppercut attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 pm
  • [+]
  • 686357. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d8+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 pm
Sterling Archer
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shen turns his aim to the corpses around the bear.

It'll do no good for him to get killed.

Attack 1d20+4+1 = (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Damage 1d8+3 = (7) + 3 = 10

The bear roars in pain in anger, swiping at the corpses around him.

Attack 1d20+5 = (2) + 5 = 7
Damage 1d8 = (3) = 3

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686368. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+4+1 =
  • (18) + 4 + 1 =
  • 23
  • Attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 686370. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 686371. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (2) + 5 =
  • 7
  • Attack
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 686373. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:27 pm
He barely knows these people, but they seem to be fighting on his side - and importantly, they're not walking corpses. It seemed like the bear was an ally, too - he'd heard of people who had pets and companions like that, but this was the first one he met. In any case, it couldn't hurt to keep the bear alive. Edrym called out the words to his next spell, and then an line of cold mist stretched from the tip of his wand toward the zombies assaulting the bear.

Attack roll 1d20+6 = (4) + 6 = 10 and damage roll 3d6 = (1 + 1 + 3) = 5 for ray of frost

EDIT: The dice roller hates me. It's 1 cold damage on a miss.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686460. FrankScenario
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (4) + 6 =
  • 10
  • Attack roll
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:55 am
  • [+]
  • 686461. FrankScenario
  • 3d6 =
  • (1 + 1 + 3) =
  • 5
  • damage roll
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:55 am
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldon quickly surveys the target-rich environment, decides chivalry is not dead, and flings a blade at the putrefying human facing the armored woman.

Attack - D20 +3 dex mod +1 level = 1d20 +4 = (20) + 4 = 24 +1 escalation level = 25

Damage (hit) - 1d4 blade +3 dex mod +1 level = 1d4 +4 = (3) + 4 = 7

Damage (miss) = 1 (level)

And, the attack roll was even so I can add Sneak Attack damage = 1d6 = 1d6 = (5) = 5 for a total of 12 damage.

Critical double damage - 24 points?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686616. Starlost151
  • 1d20 +4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 686618. Starlost151
  • 1d4 +4 =
  • (3) + 4 =
  • 7
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 686623. Starlost151
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Starlost151 wrote:
Eldon quickly surveys the target-rich environment, decides chivalry is not dead, and flings a blade at the putrefying human facing the armored woman.

Attack - D20 +3 dex mod +1 level = Starlost151 previously rolled 1d20 +4 = (20) + 4 = 24

Damage (hit) - 1d4 blade +3 dex mod +1 level = Starlost151 previously rolled 1d4 +4 = (3) + 4 = 7

Damage (miss) = 1 (level)

And, the attack roll was even so I can add Sneak Attack damage = 1d6 = Starlost151 previously rolled 1d6 = (5) = 5 for a total of 12 damage.

Damages of your blades are double since you roll a crit
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

- Zombie pumpkin hurler: 1d20 = (20) = 20+7 - Target: 1custom6{Argrauth;Mara;Eldon;Shen;bear;Edrym} -> ( Eldon) -> ( Eldon)
- Zombie shuffler #2: 1d20 = (19) = 19+3 (+1d4 = (4) = 4 damages to both the target and the zombie)

Sorry, I forgot the modifiers... So you can roll crits. I can do this too...


With an almost casual blow, Argrauth got rid of the shuffler zombie. Eliminate the discomfort to focus on the real danger. He prepared himself for the next blow.

Mara's sword irradiated a pure light as she called for the holy punishment of the Evil. The sword cut right through the putrefying human body. It almost seemed that the flesh were burned by the holy sword of the paladin. Holy vulnerability, you rolled a crit.

Eldon quickly assessed the situation and changed his aim a the last moment. His blade flew with his won life and find the eye of the putrefying zombie facing Argrauth. The zombie was pushed back by the impact and collapsed a few feet away. You rolled a crit.

Now uncovered, Eldon made a perfect target for a nasty hurled pumpkin. The impact was rather violent. The humorous figure is not that funny. The pumpkin exploded hitting Eldon, who was covered by goopy pulp.

Shen was quick to aim to the corpses around the bear. One arrow, one zombie down. The bear snorted, its claw missed the remaining zombie. The zombie's fist hit the bear again. He growled.

The ray of frost barley missed the zombie. The frost bite wasn't enough to prevent it hitting the bear. Indeed, dice roller hates you.


A zombie is still facing the bear. Another, with an arrow in his chest, advances toward Shen. The four remaining zombie shufflers tries to move to Raley, who is still covered. Mara and Argrauth are on their way. The pumpkin hurler takes another pumpkin.


- The bear suffers 7 damages.
- Eldon, you take 16 damages (yes it's a crit). You also take a -2 penalty to AC and PD until the end of the next round. In addition, you stuffer a -2 Dexterity penalty until the end of the battle. Goopy pulp is bad!

We're starting a new round. The escalation dice is now 2, don't forget that all your actions are now +2.

Five shufflers (only one is engaged) and the hurler still stands.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 686929. deborn
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • 19
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 686931. deborn
  • 1d20 =
  • (20) =
  • 20
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 686941. deborn
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:59 pm
  • [+]
  • 686960. deborn
  • 1custom6{Argrauth;Mara;Eldon;Shen;bear;Edrym} =
  • ( Eldon) =
  • ( Eldon)
  • Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 pm
Sterling Archer
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shen takes aim at the zombie approaching him.

"Aw hell, stay dead!"

Attack 1d20+6 = (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 1d8+3 = (8) + 3 = 11

The bear roars again in frustration.

Attack 1d20+5 = (4) + 5 = 9
Damage 1d8 = (3) = 3
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 687018. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (7) + 6 =
  • 13
  • Attack
  • Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 am
  • [+]
  • 687019. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (8) + 3 =
  • 11
  • Damage
  • Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 am
  • [+]
  • 687020. Raven_Guy
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (4) + 5 =
  • 9
  • Attack
  • Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:25 am
  • [+]
  • 687022. Raven_Guy
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage
  • Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:25 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |