Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2015 [+] Fiasco [+] [View All]
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, seems like Abigail definitely got what she wanted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any objection, Sam? If not, Eric can give that white die to whoever he likes, and I believe it will be Danny's turn again - everyone has taken a turn to be the "star" of a scene, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup fine by me. Let's keep it rolling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
World Cup Final 14th July 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, let's give a white die 1 to Carla for this one! On with Danny...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, as it stands...

Oliver:
Carrie: 1
Sam: 1
Eric: 12

I'm actually going to choose to resolve Danny's next scene, so I need a little set-up from all of you. You decide who is in the scene with me, and what it's about. Typically it's a good idea to introduce an obvious conflict for me to address!

Also, as a game note, now that we've been around the table once, we're halfway to the "tilt." If you've not played before, the tilt is where things start to get extra screwy - we'll walk through it when we get there, but for now, know that one part of it hangs on rolling the dice you have in front of you - the players with the highest "black" roll and the highest "white" roll will get to choose some elements from the tilt table...

One other note - the die pool starts with an equal number of each die - in our case, eight of each - so there are a finite number of good and bad outcomes...it doesn't matter yet, but we're down to 5 black dice and 7 white dice a this point, so keep it in mind as we keep going!

With that game update out of the way, tell me what kind of conflict Danny is about to get into!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Danny should have a scene with Luca to square the circle, but what might it be about? A warning? A job offer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the job offer... especially if the recommendation of Danny to Luca came from Abigail. devil

(Admittedly, I could also see Luca plying Danny with alcohol to reveal blackmail fodder about Carly...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming there's no protest from Sam, I'll take up the idea of Danny coming to see Luca about a job...we'll see where it goes from there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that...yes that is fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm going with the idea that Danny is coming to Luca for a job, with the ulterior motive of being able to spend more time around/near Abigail.

Abigail is never far from his mind, now. He still can't quite put his finger on what it is that makes her so desirable, but every time he sees her, he needs her more. But chances are few and far between. There's only so many times you can pretend to re-shingle a roof, or fix the drain in the master bath. And all the while the need grows in him, consuming him, driving him out of his mind.

Then fortune smiles on him, or so he thinks. A phone call, out of the blue. That husband of hers. At first he's worried, thinks he's been found out, he knows Luca is important, has power, is not a man to make angry. But he seems oblivious. He needs someone to do some work for him. Something regular, he needs someone he can trust. Danny's name had come up. Would he come by to talk things over? Danny senses opportunity, of course he'll come by.

So he does come by. He doesn't dress up, but he puts on a clean shirt. Got to make a good impression, look trustworthy, look reliable. He sits outside Luca's office for a while, kicking his heels. The door eventually opens, and he stands up, slowly walking towards the man - a man he's never actually met before, although they've shared quite a bit: "Mr...Trelawney? I'm Danny. We talked on the phone. I'm here about the job?"

Hopefully that's enough for you to work with, Sam. Luca and Danny have less to work with from the set-up, but obviously there are some seeds for some conflict between them... Chronologically, I think this scene is after Danny's first encounter with Abigail, but before his initial scene with Carla at the beginning of the story. I'm not sure where it should fit with respect to other things (for example, Abigail's pregnancy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I know where I want to go with this, but need to read some back-story first to get things right. Hopefully tomorrow night I can edit this to continue things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday, Sam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
And happy birthday to you too!

Update coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Sam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the best birthday wishes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that. Took me a while to get in the frame of mind to read from page one through to six! I'm done now and can carry on.

Luca put on a smile that broke his face in two with teeth. To anyone else it would have looked like a crocodile grinning at its next meal, and the smile certainly did not reach his eyes, but to Danny it seemed genuine enough.

Luca had plans, and he needed to see what sort of man this Danny was and whether he was a big part of the community yet or still small fry. He gestured to the chair on the opposite side of the desk and said, "Sit, and tell me what your expertise is and how you might help The Church."

He picked up the man's CV, quite obviously thrown together at the local library and inexpertly done, and glanced across the page as though he were actually interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Danny sits, a little uncomfortably, running hiss fingers through his hair, and trying not to smile too much, or too little, or whatever it was that the career counselor had said: "Uh, well, I noticed, just in passing by, that the, uh, well, the building doesn't seem to get, uh, well, regular maintenance. An' such." He chews his lip: "What I...I mean, what I mean is, I reckon you're contractin' that out, lowest bid, and, uh, if you'll 'scuse me sayin' so, I'd guess Miller Brothers or Copeland or whoever ain't been puttin' your work first on their list. And, uh, well, uh, you know, churches...churches should always look nice, I reckon."

The speech takes a lot out of him, and he swallows nervously, very conscious of the sweat trickling down his back, even in the cool, air-conditioned interior of the building: "So, I'm thinkin', if you'll 'scuse me for sayin', that you could use someone to keep up on that, someone who, uh, knows about that kind of stuff, maybe can do odds and ends themselves...figures, Copeland'll always take a church for a ride if he can, and I reckon you deserve better'n that."

He pauses, looking for some confirmation, affirmation, or encouragement, feeling decidedly out of his element in the large, comfortable office, and suddenly having the distinct impression that Luca can see right through him...

"Well, I ain't lookin' for a handout, just sayin', I reckon you could do better. Far as, uh, upkeep of the buildin' and so on. Save you money in the long run too, I reckon. Bet that roof needs doin', too?" An educated guess, based on a quick glance on the way in: "Needs doin' soon, I bet, and Copeland or whoever is givin' you the runaround?" He shifts in the chair again, feeling like he's rambling, but waiting for some sign that he's making an impression...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! I totally forgot you had posted! If this happens again you all have permission to nudge me somehow!! (PM or on here).

So, Oliver, as you are resolving I need to know what you are working towards - what is your aim for the scene? We already know that Danny gets the handyman job so that's a given, but what else is he trying for so I can give you an opening for either a success or a failure?

Luca nodded. "Indeed, I suspect they do try, though so far I've managed to keep them from getting away with too much.

I think, though, Danny. It was Danny wasn't it? I think you will be rather helpful at some point. You have yourself a job.

Is there anything further you would like to discuss?"

Luca thought of the short term benefits of the handyman and his eagerness to fix things. He also thought of a few select rituals he would be rather more helpful in, or rather as the focus of. A small and not very pleasant smile played across his lips and twinkled in his eyes before Danny could see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  |