Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Having turned around at the smell of Abigail's perfume, Luca's gaze drops to the place where her hands rest as she talks. He places a smile on to his face while he considers his words.

After a moment he places the paperwork in his hands down on the desk and says, "This is wonderful news! We have waited a long time for this moment. Have you only just found out or did you wait until you knew that you carried the babe safely? We have, after all, had occasion to be joyful before, only for the dear Lord to take that joy away again."

Abigail was always good at stealth, both physical and emotional. It would not surprise him to find out she had been pregnant for a few months already but had kept it from him. She always did like to wear loose clothing after all. But then, he was trying to remember when they last consummated their marriage vows, and the period of time since the last escaped him. It couldn't have been longer than a few months, could it?

Inwardly he churned. Was the babe his? And with their involvement in the Cult could something 'other' have happened to her? It had been told in stories past of such things.....

Luca had a momentary feeling of doubt and concern, though he let it show not.

Instead he rose, went around the desk and moved over to Abigail to give her a kiss and place a hand on her slightly rounded belly.

"Let us go for dinner, Abigail. It's a little early, but not by much."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
World Cup Final 14th July 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Abigail smiles at the comforting words from Lucca.

She eats enthusiastically as she thinks about his question.

'I believe the child is three months gone. Perhaps that night of the wild storm, and the most successful ritual of the Deep Ones. I feel certain the child will be strong and healthy this time. Please ask the Great Old Ones for their favour at the next ritual.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, your text colour changed! lol

Luca's mind went back to that night. There had been a good amount of ritual wine involved and his recollection of the events were a little bit hazy. Hadn't it been a night when several of the women of the cult had offered themselves up to the God for the 'Continuation of his Own Deeds'? Luca knew he had had the pleasure of his wife, but he honestly could not remember if anyone else had. It was always up to the woman in question who she laid with and he distinctly remembered that the Great Old One had pulled him aside for a chat after he'd had his way and he hadn't watched Abigail or her actions for a good while after that.

Torture. That's what this was. Plain and simple.

There were even Cult stories of virgins getting pregnant by the God without any aid from man. In fact he distinctly remembered his grandfather telling of just such a thing in the early days of the Cult.

Basically it could be his, or it could be the Gods, or it could be another man's. It was impossible to know without a DNA test, and that would look mighty suspicious if he asked for one of those!

To his wife Luca said, "Ah yes, of course! I remember well that ritual. Our baby will indeed be blessed and strong, with a true grounding in the Cult ways. Blessed be."

To any other person he may have seemed genuine enough, but his wife could probably see the underlying truth of it. She would certainly notice there was no strengthening of a bond between them both. But there was time yet, it was still early days.

I'm going with a black dice for Luca. He's doubtful whose child it is, and it's doing nothing for his current relationship with his wife.

Does Abigail have anything to add?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fine to me!
Abigail squeezed Luca's hand across the dining table.

'Yes, Blessed be the cult! I'm so glad you see it that way, my darling.'

Her hand is warm, pulsing with life but distinctly moist. Her eyes, shining but full of watery depths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Black die from me as well. The emotional torture continues!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Caroline - it was my scene, so I'm the only one needing to get the dice. I resolved so chose black. And I give it to: Eric! Just because!

Die Tracker:

Oliver:
Carrie:
Sam: 2
Eric: 13

And now it is Eric's turn. ..... Eric - set up or resolve????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, well, I thought people might be waiting for others to respond... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll Set Up!

Let's go back say... three months or so... to Abigail and Danny.

It's a warm Summer afternoon and Abigail comes out of the house she shares with Luca. Danny is working on the roof, repairing and replacing some of the roof tiles. It's hot, hard work. Just as he's thinking of taking a break, Danny feels the ladder shaking, and a strong feminine voice call up from below:

'Would you like a drink, Mr. Collins? You've been working very hard up there.'

Abigail holds a tray with two glasses and a large iced pitcher of cool liquid. She gestures towards the shaded verandah.

'You can sit in the shade for a while while you drink.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver / Danny - everything okay? You're up to play with Eric / Abigail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is time to put feelers out for a replacement Danny. I sent Oliver a geekmail over a week ago and have had no reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. It's sad to see him go, but I would like to finish this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh! I...well, no excuses - here's Danny.

Danny wiped the sweat from his brow, and squinted down at Abigail. He wasn't sure you'd ordinarily have called her beautiful, but she had a kind of unearthly aura surrounding her, something that drew you in and kept you spellbound. Something he didn't trust, but something he couldn't shake, something he needed. He swallowed, and called back:

"Be down directly."

He slid down the ladder, mopping his face again when he reached the bottom. He felt a little short of breath, and not from the heat or the exertion.

"Should be able to finish up today. You're gonna need the chimney rebuilt soon. Can do that next week, if you like."

He said it in an offhand way, knowing full well the chimney didn't really need rebuilding. But first of all, these types never knew, you could take 'em for a bundle easy. And second...he needed to come back. Desperately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

Abigail pours the drink into a glass for Danny and hands it to him, her fingers touching his as he takes the drink.

'Could you? Oh, that would be wonderful.'

Perhaps she means the chimney, perhaps something else.

'My husband is so busy at the church. He just doesn't have the time, or the ability, to take care of these important issues.'

Her eyes are half-lidded, looking up at him from the uncomfortably close seat. Abigail smells of honeysuckle and hibiscus, and a not unpleasing salty note.

'You believe in the true church, don't you Mr. Collins - Danny?' Sometimes we have to do things that the gods require of us. Sometimes that is a duty. But at other times it can be a pleasure.

Abigail reaches across and takes Danny's hand.

'I feel the strength of your faith. You want to do what's right, don't you, to bring the times of freedom, and joy back to the world. For me, for us, for all of us.

She stares deeply into his eyes, waiting for just the briefest acknowledgement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back Oliver!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
la la la...come on, let's not die!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s my GeekBirthday today, and I want to start the new (geek) year off on the right foot. Last year was not a great year for me, and I abandoned some of my responsibilities (including this game) without really explaining myself or handling things in a positive way, which is pretty inexcusable. Everyone in this game deserved better from me, and I’m sorry. It’s my goal to have a better year all round this year, but it didn’t feel right to start working on that without facing up to the mistakes I made last year and apologizing for them. I know it doesn’t make amends, but I am very sorry, and I hope everyone is finding opportunities to play in games both here and elsewhere.

I’ve also tipped everyone in this game 8 GeekGold – I know you probably have lots of it already, but there isn’t a mechanism that I know of for just giving you all a microbadge of your choice, so please – buy yourself one with my compliments (and my apologies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Oliver! Glad to hear this year is going better. I certainly understand that somethings things crop up in life that can't be avoided.

I look forward to playing other games with you in the future.

Someday, I'll be in a success game of Fiasco... someday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw thanks Oliver, it's great to hear from you. I have to admit I wasn't sure my character wasn't just too 'genre-savvy' for the playset but I enjoyed the comments and responses from everyone.

Like Caroline, I still need to play a complete game of Fiasco...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
We could always try to resume?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind. But then, I'm perfectly willing to bring a game that has been on hiatus back if only to get to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind that either. I figured that since it had been so long, everyone would have moved on, but if Eric is also on board, I would be open to continuing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure! Lead on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Read back over what had come before - here's a short one just to get back up and running. Hopefully this "fits" into the scene. If we need to go back-and-forth an extra time to get it to resolve, that's probably okay.

Danny looks uneasy. The way she's touching him...that husband of hers, if he sees...he jerks his hand back, more forcefully than he had intended to, looking away from her gaze: "Um, well, never been much for church. Jus' Christmas, Easter. Don't remember much about pleasure either, 'cept that it's mostly sinnin'."

He can't help it though, her eyes are boring into him, and he looks back, meeting her gaze, feeling her looking into him, as if she was looking into his soul: "Still, like I said. Not been much for the church. No skin off my nose if it's a sin, anyways." He doesn't touch her again, but he doesn't move away, feeling the sweat running down the back of his neck, the scent of honeysuckle and hibiscus filling the air. Can't move forward, can't move back, just waiting, unable to resist her...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Later, Danny is sleeping when Abigail wakes him, leaning in close with that strange smell and hypnotic gaze.

'You must have been quite overcome with all your efforts, Danny. Time to go home. I shall look forward to your next visit, for all the important maintenance you need to do.'

Right, we can make that a scene if we want - move on while the irons hot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright - since Eric established, the rest of us have to decide if that went well for Abigail, or not. It seems to me like she got what she wanted, so that would be a white die. Other thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |