Subject: Needed: High Quality Icons for Polyhedral Dice Emoticons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just an illusion that the die on the 20 looks smaller than, say, the die for the 1. Because the numbers are more overpowering visually?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
shawnssica wrote:
Jonna - are you on the inner circle for this sort of thing?
I'm not, I think Dave is the one who's making the decision on this and then providing the chose images to Aldie
I'll be championing these through Aldie. I've been given a verbal approval which means something. Not everything, mind you... but something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we were focused on the non d6 I forgot to say, they look like calculator buttons... They are fine, but they don't look like 'dice' per say.

This is awesome still and great work my friend!!!

I wonder if we can get these worked into the GDR? Perhaps an option where you use a standard dice it will put the geek codes for the imagery for you automatically?

Example (without imagery for illustration)

1d20+6 would translate to the d20 image for say 13 and then text for + 6.

That could look really cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed about the dice roller. It would probably take a pass through the code - and not necessarily a trivial one - to update the method to catch an extra variable, a flag to say {image} like the deck options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
Agreed about the dice roller. It would probably take a pass through the code - and not necessarily a trivial one - to update the method to catch an extra variable, a flag to say {image} like the deck options.

I would totally offer up my coding skills to make this happen. Dave do you know if Aldie has any appetite to allow this? I would be happy to relinquish any "extra grants" needed once I was done. Or if there was somehow a subset of code specific to GDR I could get my hands on from BGG to modify locally and pass to the coding force of BGG, for review and adoption. I also know how some can get about code sharing, so if this isn't possible I also understand that.

And I swear I won't write functionality like:

if (username == 'Tyraziel' || username == 'shawnssica'){ GDR.rollAwesomely();}
else if(username == 'Taen' || username == 'wavemotion'){ GDR.rollPoorly();}

Though, I can't confirm nor deny if such code already exists though....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
shawnssica wrote:

I would totally offer up my coding skills to make this happen. Dave do you know if Aldie has any appetite to allow this? I would be happy to relinquish any "extra grants" needed once I was done. Or if there was somehow a subset of code specific to GDR I could get my hands on from BGG to modify locally and pass to the coding force of BGG, for review and adoption. I also know how some can get about code sharing, so if this isn't possible I also understand that.

And I swear I won't write functionality like:

if (username == 'Tyraziel' || username == 'shawnssica'){ GDR.rollAwesomely();}
else if(username == 'Taen' || username == 'wavemotion'){ GDR.rollPoorly();}

Though, I can't confirm nor deny if such code already exists though....

if .rollAwesomely() is coded in there, I'm not on the include list for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:

Just kind of wanted to check if this is the direction everyone is feeling. Dice here are 20px scale.
Thoughts, broad sense?

Getting back to this...

Shawn, I think there is two fixes needed to get to where we can plop this project into Dave's "inbox" and let him cajole the Inner Council into getting these into the system. Assuming you're still on board and all that jazz!

For the d8, I think if you make the outline, including the border of the facing edges beside the number, a bit darker or thicker, it would help it stand out more as an eight sider.

For the d20, as Dave had noted, I think making the numbers for 11-20 a bit smaller, so as to get closer to the size of the big single digits, would help them look more prettier!

Otherwise, I still think they look awesome and totally appreciate the work you have done so far, good sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for the dFudge... maybe a little more dash on the minus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

Oh no! Someone has vandalized Dave's microbadge area! shake

Edit: It's been fixed. Let's hope the vandals have been brought to justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
wavemotion wrote:

Oh no! Someone has vandalized Dave's microbadge area! shake

Seems a bit deflated to me! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thar we go...
Sizes further balanced,
lines darkened,
everything arranged toward an image-map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Excellent! You da man, Shawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks thanks thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
Thar we go...
Sizes further balanced,
lines darkened,
everything arranged toward an image-map.

Bigger size so I can see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look nice - do we have them in individual images? I think I need to give a ZIP or similar to Aldie with individual images so they can be loaded into the system. I know they usually prefer PNG but maybe they can take anything. I'll try to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey if anyone has Photoshop and can dump them out as slices, I'll sling over the SVG file. Anyone? Bueller?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to get these into the system, I need individual PNG or GIF files for the developers. I think they prefer PNG but we'll deal with either.

Can we get them into individual image files (one file per die)? I can then send the .ZIP or similar to Aldie and finally get these in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to-do listed

Unless someone scoops me or wants the SVG file and can just churn them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
to-do listed

Do you have a PSD, or can you export it to PSD? I just found my photoshop DVD, so I could help out this week, if this isn't done yet. Or you can pass me the SVGs and I can see if PS can handle it... GM me for my email address
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still eager to get these in... No rush but looking forward to having new icons for play-by-forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Status Update?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Status Update?
None! I still need them in individual PNG format. One image per die. I can then submit them to the devs for inclusion.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

shawnssica wrote:
to-do listed

Tyraziel wrote:
shawnssica wrote:
to-do listed

Do you have a PSD, or can you export it to PSD? I just found my photoshop DVD, so I could help out this week, if this isn't done yet. Or you can pass me the SVGs and I can see if PS can handle it... GM me for my email address

Not sure where this leaves us, just trying to see this through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was hoping Ty could slice it up quickly but if we haven't heard back I guess that's still on hold. I'm currently chopping by hand.
This means there are occasional stray pixels and white BG instead of transparent.

D2/Coin

D4

D6 / DF

D8

D10

D12

D20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |