Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
85 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Community » Creative Fodder

Subject: Site-wide Interactive Fiction Adventure - Seeking Writer (or, Yo-ho-ho!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yo-ho!

We are toying with the idea of another site-wide Interactive Fiction adventure for January. If you've seen Gaucho - An Interactive Geek Western, Geist - An Interactive Geek Horror or Requiem - An RPG Geek Adventure Across Space and Time, you know what we're talking about. Serious inquiries only via Geekmail. We're looking for some fresh blood. It's arduous work but rewarding when it launches. Writing is hard. Writing interactive fiction is painful. You have been warned!

Oh, and it's a Pirate theme. And that's cool!

I'm only looking for one or two writers - it is not first come, first served. We will be choosy.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooo! Me, me!

You can look at the IF games I run over on VGG for credentials (if needed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Oooo! Me, me!

Carrie, please remember to send the geekmail to Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, missed that line! Sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Ross
Ireland
Cork City
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
yo-ho!

We are toying with the idea of another site-wide Interactive Fiction adventure for January.

*jumps up and down, clapping hands*
Oh, boy! Oh, boy!
Oh,boy!Oh,boy!Oh,boy!Oh,boy!Oh,boy!Oh,boy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! Will be fun to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my favorite beta testers

Remember, we'll need beta help too - the call for that will go out mid December (with a hopeful launch of the game in mid-Jaunary).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anxiously waiting for the call mid December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Oooo! Me, me!

Oooo! Her, her!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
If I am not completely in Baby Jail, I would be interested in beta testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Narl wrote:
Anxiously waiting for the call mid December

you and me both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarrrr! There'd better be some good jokes about all those oscillating movements the ocean makes worked in there.

Good luck, ladies and gentlemen! It's hard but very rewarding when you see all those people enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
What about additional developers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to play it, but not necessarly in Beta. I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
For a small work of IF, the overhead of communication by adding an additional developer isn't always beneficial. But coding is only one aspect of developing - the writers are, in fact, developers as they detail the story, locations and puzzles.

We've gotten a half dozen great applicants - before we respond I'm sending the list of candidates through Jonna and Dean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Tyraziel wrote:
For a small work of IF, the overhead of communication by adding an additional developer isn't always beneficial. But coding is only one aspect of developing - the writers are, in fact, developers as they detail the story, locations and puzzles.

We've gotten a half dozen great applicants - before we respond I'm sending the list of candidates through Jonna and Dean.
Argh, decisions! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenDude wrote:
Argh, decisions! cry

Easy choice 1d6 = (2) = 2

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 616632. paulidale
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • Easy choice
  • Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 pm
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
paulidale wrote:
GreenDude wrote:
Argh, decisions! cry

paulidale previously rolled 1d6 = (2) = 2 (Easy choice)

- Pauli
Huh. Okay, problem solved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that beta sounds like something I'd be interested in.. (I'm good at breaking stuff and taking wrong turns ) And mid-December would be perfect for me..
Why am I saying that here? Just wanted to say: Don't put out that call too early!! (I won't have internet in the beginning of december) *tries to mind control Dave on the release date of the beta-call*

hahaha I bet you're all very interested in my timeschedule/preference... NOT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I'd be no good at writing but am super excited and grateful that you're planning another as I absolutely loved Geist.. And if beta testers are needed I could definitely help out in that aspect ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought about that project again. Any developments? I'm anxious to play another IF adventure by the Dave crew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
MaroonedMorlock wrote:
Just thought about that project again. Any developments? I'm anxious to play another IF adventure by the Dave crew
It's moving forward, but it won't be launching at the beginning of the year. Stay tuned for more information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mb
wavemotion wrote:
Some of my favorite beta testers

Remember, we'll need beta help too - the call for that will go out mid December (with a hopeful launch of the game in mid-Jaunary).

Was there a call for beta testers? If you still need people, I would be very happy (ECSTATIC!) to help.
Cheers all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no call for beta testers. yet. :;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mb
wavemotion wrote:
There has been no call for beta testers. yet. :;

Oh, goody! I'm not too late to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |