Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
631 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [26] | 

Labyrinth Lord» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] Beyond the Barricades PBF Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2014 [+] [View All]
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
ddavros wrote:
"Perhaps we had best move away from this place before we question the hobgoblin. He may have friends who will come looking for him. Does someone want to tie him up?"

Marrath quickly grabs one of the ropes they had found and ties the hobgoblin up.

"I bet there are more of his ilk not far away. Let´s take this wood gnome onto the boat and move. Then we will find a way to get answers from him, won´t we?"

Marrath just smiles..... She´s bluffing, but that never hurt, does it?
Marrath quickly and efficiently binds the hobgoblin with his own ropes, avoiding his attempts to kick and bite at her, til Jerwynn's blade reminded him to lie still. Leaving the scene of the battle, and the other three bodies where they lie, you bundle your captive aboard the barge.

Brynn gives a quizzical look at the arrival of his new cargo. "I ain't never shipped hobgoblins upriver before...still, I suppose there's a first time for everything. Do you want me to get the boat moving again, or stay by the shore here?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
tsname wrote:


Breathing a sigh of relief, Thalek says, "Much obliged, Arturo, although I am wounded, thank Valdyn that Abarra is none the worse for wear."

Arturo rises to his feet and picks up his mace.

"Aye. Think nothing of it."

Wandering over to inspect the prisoner he glares down at the hobgoblin before turning to the rest of the party.

"I don't speak a word of hob but perhaps this fellow knows something about the recent attack."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
"Let's get the boat moving. I don't want to be here when their friends show up."

Tirnel turns to the bound hobgoblin, and speaks in its language. "See those hills? These boats bring loads of silver back from them. Which makes me curious why you're attacking this boat on the way to the hills. Tell me and perhaps you don't end up like your mates."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be a good idea to proceed like we did last time, have a scout or two move ahead in case of another ambush. Thoughts?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tsname wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to proceed like we did last time, have a scout or two move ahead in case of another ambush. Thoughts?

Agree.
Should Thalek stay on the boat?
Forgive me for asking: Can a character heal further one or two HP if (s)he does nothing but rest for a round?

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
tsname wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to proceed like we did last time, have a scout or two move ahead in case of another ambush. Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan. We'd best be wary in case the hobs are noticed missing and their friends decide to send out a search party.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
tsname wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to proceed like we did last time, have a scout or two move ahead in case of another ambush. Thoughts?

Agree.
Should Thalek stay on the boat?
Forgive me for asking: Can a character heal further one or two HP if (s)he does nothing but rest for a round?


Yeah, Thalek should stay on the boat, he's not doing so hot right now.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerwynn - Elf - Swimming Instructor
Jerwynn sheathed his scimitar when Marrath stepped up to tie this hob' piece of offal into a quilt of knots. Watching Tirnel rant and push at the hobgoblin, Jerwynn knows there is one way to make him talk.

Pushing Tirnel out of the way, Jerwynn grabs the tied up hobgoblin by his feets and starts dragging it to the river.

See that water, I am going to dunk you in it - a lot. You will not drown but you will wish you had unless you have something to tell us - NOW! Jerwynn gabs in hobgoblish.

Passing Marrath, Jerwynn winks in hopes of getting her to join in on scaring this hobgoblin into talking quickly. Continuing his stroll to the water, he turns to the hobgoblin -

We might even tow you behind the boat for bait - there are some big fish in this river, so I am told.


Jerywnn will stay shoreside, scouting ahead of the horses pulling the barge. Does anyone want to do a quick shoreside scouting to see where these hobgoblins came from?
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Should Thalek stay on the boat?
Forgive me for asking: Can a character heal further one or two HP if (s)he does nothing but rest for a round?

The Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord rules are fairly ungenerous regarding natural healing. For resting for a full day, characters recover 1-3 HP. Of course, if you end up taking a full day's rest, there could be more healing spells available too. But no, Thalek isn't going to get any further HP back just for resting on the boat for a bit. On the bright side, he still has as many HP as Tirnel

Sounds like you're all still finalising your plans on scouting, who's going where etc, so I'll give you a little longer to do that...

Oh, and the language hobgoblins speak. We've had several variations, but personally I'm sure it must be Hobgoblese
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:
Jerwynn sheathed his scimitar when Marrath stepped up to tie this hob' piece of offal into a quilt of knots. Watching Tirnel rant and push at the hobgoblin, Jerwynn knows there is one way to make him talk.

Pushing Tirnel out of the way, Jerwynn grabs the tied up hobgoblin by his feets and starts dragging it to the river.

See that water, I am going to dunk you in it - a lot. You will not drown but you will wish you had unless you have something to tell us - NOW! Jerwynn gabs in hobgoblish.

Passing Marrath, Jerwynn winks in hopes of getting her to join in on scaring this hobgoblin into talking quickly. Continuing his stroll to the water, he turns to the hobgoblin -

We might even tow you behind the boat for bait - there are some big fish in this river, so I am told.


Jerywnn will stay shoreside, scouting ahead of the horses pulling the barge. Does anyone want to do a quick shoreside scouting to see where these hobgoblins came from?

Nali decides he had better join in the interrogation so he makes what he feels is a threatening facial expression and pulls out his dagger, though a three foot halfling holding a tiny dagger probably isn't the most threatening thing a hobgoblin has seen.

Now you better listen to my elven friend here and answer the question or you'll have to answer to me and you better be afraid 'cause....oh, does he...it is a he isn't it?...even understand me?

Hmmm, oh well... you keep up the good work Jerwynn
Nali says giving Jerwynn a friendly pat on the leg you can probably get by without me 'cause I'm going to check along the riverbank for tracks. Who's coming with me?

And you! You hobgoblin, you tell us... oh, yeah, you don't know what I'm saying...
and with that Nali shrugs and wanders off into the forest along the riverbank looking for tracks that might give a clue as to which direction the hobgoblins came from.



6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
sapper_D wrote:


And you! You hobgoblin, you tell us... oh, yeah, you don't know what I'm saying...[/COLOR][/b] and with that Nali shrugs and wanders off into the forest along the riverbank looking for tracks that might give a clue as to which direction the hobgoblins came from.


"I don't think Master Nali should go alone. I'll accompany him."


Arturo follows after the halfling, pushing through the dense vegetation and swearing as he stumbles over an exposed tree root.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:

.....

See that water, I am going to dunk you in it - a lot. You will not drown but you will wish you had unless you have something to tell us - NOW! Jerwynn gabs in hobgoblish.

Passing Marrath, Jerwynn winks in hopes of getting her to join in on scaring this hobgoblin into talking quickly. Continuing his stroll to the water, he turns to the hobgoblin -

We might even tow you behind the boat for bait - there are some big fish in this river, so I am told.


Jerywnn will stay shoreside, scouting ahead of the horses pulling the barge. Does anyone want to do a quick shoreside scouting to see where these hobgoblins came from?


Nodding her head, Marrath let´s Jerwynn know that the hobgoblin will be taken care of appropriate.

"Oh fine - keelhauling, hmmmm I heard people just love it..."
You go with Nali and Arturo and check the scenery, I will make sure to not let our guest go short......."


...she says, grinning at the hobgoblin.

ddavros wrote:
"Let's get the boat moving. I don't want to be here when their friends show up."

Tirnel turns to the bound hobgoblin, and speaks in its language. "See those hills? These boats bring loads of silver back from them. Which makes me curious why you're attacking this boat on the way to the hills. Tell me and perhaps you don't end up like your mates."

"Star-Gazer, you must stay on the boat with Thalek and me, we don´t speak this funny language....."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel nods. "Very well, I shall stay with the boat for now."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Gael! Stop dreaming and get those horses moving!” Brynn barks out the instruction, and the boat-boy tears himself away from staring at the captive and gets to work. He tethers Abarra together with the two draft horses, and the sleek warhorse obediently trots alongside as the heavy horses start to pull the barge upstream once again, with Tirnel, Marrath and Thalek on board. (Not forgetting Alagos, the dog)
ddavros wrote:
Tirnel turns to the bound hobgoblin, and speaks in its language. "See those hills? These boats bring loads of silver back from them. Which makes me curious why you're attacking this boat on the way to the hills. Tell me and perhaps you don't end up like your mates."
Your captive seems confused by Tirnel’s question – you’re not convinced that this one was the brains of the outfit – though he does seem disappointed when he notices that apart from your bags, the boat is empty not only of silver but of any kind of useful or valuable cargo, tools or weapons. Jerwynn's threats do loosen his tongue however, though he remains defiant and spits in derision at your feet. “Elves and humans are weak!. He gestures at Gael and the departing figure of Nali. ”You bring children instead of warriors! Skullcracker tribe is strong! Your lands and your cargos and your treasures belong to us now!”

Jerwynn scouts alongside the river as the boat starts to move again, watching out for any other dangers, while Nali and Arturo head back to the spot where the first group of hobgoblins were and start to search for tracks. After some time exploring the fringes of the woods nearby, they come across what looks like a track heading south, away from the river and deeper into the forest. There are footprints and other marks on the ground, and it seems likely that your ambushers came this way.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerwynn was dragging the hob to the rivers edge while talking to it in the last exchange, sorry for not clarifying. Is it in the boat of still being dragged by Jerwynn? Jerwynn is not done asking questions - wink, wink.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd thought Jerwynn had dragged the hobgoblin to the boat, and then moved back to the shore to scout along. But if that's not what you intended, let's have Jerwynn at / on the boat with the others and able to participate in the further "questioning"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexander Beetle wrote:
I'd thought Jerwynn had dragged the hobgoblin to the boat, and then moved back to the shore to scout along. But if that's not what you intended, let's have Jerwynn at / on the boat with the others and able to participate in the further "questioning"

The effect of waterboarding the hobgoblin has passed...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel speaks in common, a ways away from the hobgoblin just in case he knows the tongue as well. "I see two destinations: we could check on the mine to ensure that it is still safe, or head at once for the hobgoblin's tribe. But in either case, it will be wise to learn more of their tribe."

Tirnel will hold off further questions until Jerwynn asks his.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerwynn - Elf - PTSD Party Member
Jerwynn looks at Tirnel, grins and then grabs a spare rope from the deck of the barge.

Come with me, Tirnel, let's see what this hob will tell us.

Walking up to the hobgoblin on the deck, Jerwynn grabs its' feet and drags it aft (to the end) on the barge - ties the other rope very tightly to the binding around its ankles.

Give me a hand with this bait will you? Jerwynn asks of Tirnel as he proceeds to lower it over the back of the barge into the water.

While they begin to lower the hobgoblin head first into the water Jerwynn shouts in Hobgoblese at it,

Where is the Skullcracker tribe? How many are there?

But before the hobgoblin can answer, Jerwynn lowers its' upper torso under the water - counts to three and raises it above the water.

Why is the tribe attacking barges? TELL US NOW!

Jerwynn then looks at Tirnel and smiles.

Do not know if I need a Morale Check here or what
7 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Confused
Wasn´t Jerwynn supposed to be ashore?

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Confused
Wasn´t Jerwynn supposed to be ashore?

I think Kat intended Jerwynn to take part in the interrogation, before going back to scouting the river bank. I'd also misunderstood earlier.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:
While they begin to lower the hobgoblin head first into the water Jerwynn shouts in Hobgoblese at it,

Where is the Skullcracker tribe? How many are there?

But before the hobgoblin can answer, Jerwynn lowers its' upper torso under the water - counts to three and raises it above the water.

Why is the tribe attacking barges? TELL US NOW!

Jerwynn then looks at Tirnel and smiles.
The hobgoblin coughs and splutters in the river-water, but manages to get out some sort of reply to his captors’ questioning.

“Skullcracker tribe is many!” he shouts. Agreed, that’s not the most precise answer, but for all you know the hobgoblin counts like this: one, two, some, many…

As the waters slosh around his bound form, he launches into what sounds like a tribal chant:

Where the wolf hunts…hai!
Where the eagle cough swoops…hai!
Where the splutter forest grows..hai!
Where the river gurgle runs…hai!
Skullcracker! Skull choke cracker! Skullcracker!

He then falls silent, apart for the occasion cough and splutter as he tries to get the rest of the river-water out of this throat.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel addresses Jerwynn in Elvish. "This isn't working, or at least isn't working well. He's used to violence and will respond only with bluster. Perhaps we need a different strategy. Pull him in and we can tell him we surrender, ask him where we should deliver our treasure. I bet he's stupid enough for that to work."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerwynn - Elf - Water Dunking Torturer
Jerwynn smiles at Tirnel and his witty new tactic with the dripping hobgoblin.

He starts to pull the hobgoblin back up and then drags him in to the barge. Standing him up (assisting with his fumbling balance), Jerwynn gets the hobgoblin's attention,

Skullcracker you say! Well, I do recollect hearing of them - and quite frankly, we should not dare go up against them, eh? Hobgoblese

Turning to Tirnel, and talking in Elvish, Take it from here, mate.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel recites a short nursery story to Jerwynn in Elvish, the words there just to fill time and to convey an agitated tone of voice, speaking quickly. Then he stops, considers for a moment, and lets his shoulders slump. He nods to Jerwynn, then turns to face the hobgoblin and addresses it in its tongue. "My friend is right. I wish we were powerful warriors, but we are few and weak. We could never stand up to the might of the Skullcracker tribe. The dread stories of your tribe scare not only our children but our bravest men. We have no option but surrender. Tell us where your ruler lives, so that we might offer up our treasures in tribute."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [26] |