Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
631 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [26] | 

Labyrinth Lord» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] Beyond the Barricades PBF Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2014 [+] [View All]
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
Seeing that the hobgoblins have closed in for hand-to-hand combat Nali slings his bow across his back, draws his sword and dashes into the undergrowth in an attempt to sneak up upon their enemies from behind.

Richard I'm assuming it will take a round to sneak into position before he can attack...but let me know otherwise and I'll roll his attack
Yes, it will take Nali a round to close to melee distance.
Because Thalek had moved to the fringes of the woods before attacking, he's the other side of the hobgoblins from those coming up from the river. So if you wanted to make a missile attack, there would be no penalty on the roll to hit on this occasion, though you would still risk hitting Thalek by mistake on a natural 1.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard, Nali will have another shot then...

Nali, suddenly silent and full of grim determination, quickly knocks another arrow and fires at the hobgoblin attacking Thalek.

Arrow of hobgoblin attraction! 1d20+2 = (20) + 2 = 22
Damage 1d6 = (3) = 3

EDIT: I told you it was an arrow of hobgoblin attraction!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596144. sapper_D
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (20) + 2 =
  • 22
  • Arrow of hobgoblin attraction!
  • Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 596145. sapper_D
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage
  • Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 pm
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Marrath shoots another arrow, trying to finish the first archer off.

1d20+1 = (5) + 1 = 6
Damage 1d6 = (1) = 1

What did I say?
soblue
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596245. maho
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (5) + 1 =
  • 6
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:29 am
  • [+]
  • 596246. maho
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 am
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thalek and Arturo can still act this round, then we'll see what the outcome of all these attacks (on both sides) was...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar

First making sure that Brynn and Gael are securely behind cover; Arturo then straps on his shield and leaps from the barge, making his way towards the melee on shore.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather annoyed with the dagger-wielding hobgoblin's attack on his leg, Thalek attacks! Striking with his sword!

Attack 1d20+3 = (13) + 3 = 16
Damage 1d8 = (1) = 1

Ugh
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596512. tsname
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (13) + 3 =
  • 16
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 pm
  • [+]
  • 596513. tsname
  • 1d8 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 pm
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tsname wrote:
Rather annoyed with the dagger-wielding hobgoblin's attack on his leg, Thalek attacks! Striking with his sword!

Attack tsname previously rolled 1d20+3 = (13) + 3 = 16
Damage tsname previously rolled 1d8 = (1) = 1

Ugh
You get +3 on the damage roll as well, so not quite so Ugh! Now to resolve all these actions...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Arturo leapt ashore and set off at a run to aid Thalek, the battle of the archers continued. Tirnel's arrow narrowly missed the last hobgoblin archer, as Jerwynn and the hobgoblin faced each other down from a distance. Almost simultaneously the two released the bowstrings...the first arrow grazing Jerwynn's arm, but his striking home with lethal force and sending the foe to the ground.

Seeing Thalek accosted by the two remaining hobgoblins, Nali and Marrath both fired into the melee. While Marrath's arrow went wide, Nali's flew with unerring accuracy and struck the hobgoblin leader in the back. A critical hit and max damage from Nali

From horseback, Thalek swung again, this time making no mistake. But as he fell, the hobgoblin leader's sword somehow found a gap in Thalek's armour, cutting deeply into his flesh even as the hobgoblin himself fell prone to the ground.

Both hobgoblin archers and the leader are dead, but the last remaining hobgoblin - the dagger-wielding footsoldier - is uninjured.

Jerwynn has taken 1 HP damage (9/10)
Thalek has taken 7 HP damage (4/11)


Round 3
Hobgoblin initiative 1d6 = (5) = 5
Someone roll for the party

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596522. Alexander Beetle
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Hobgoblin initiative
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Init. 1d6 = (5) = 5
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596525. sapper_D
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Init.
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 pm
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tied again - you can all go ahead and state your actions for the round, and they will resolve simultaneously.

DM Rolls
Spoiler (click to reveal)
2d6 = (1 + 6) = 7
Though surrounded by foes on every side, the last hobgoblin has a mad glint in his eye. He strikes out again with his dagger at Thalek.
To hit 1d20 = (3) = 3
Damage? 1d4 = (3) = 3

But the blade slides harmlessly off the big fighter's armour.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596532. Alexander Beetle
  • 1d20 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • To hit
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 596533. Alexander Beetle
  • 1d4 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage?
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 pm
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to subdue the hobgoblin so that the others may question it. Thanks for the heads-up on dam roll, too.

Under tremendous pain from the hobgoblin leader's strike, Thalek attacks the final hobgoblin with his sword.

Attack 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 1d8+3 = (8) + 3 = 11

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596539. tsname
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 596540. tsname
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (8) + 3 =
  • 11
  • Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 pm
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nali seeing Thalek badly wounded and beset by another attacker he looses another arrow at the foe.

Another hobgoblin arrow of attraction! 1d20+2 = (3) + 2 = 5
Damage 1d6 = (6) = 6

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596561. sapper_D
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Another hobgoblin arrow of attraction!
  • Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:32 am
  • [+]
  • 596562. sapper_D
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Damage
  • Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:33 am
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there must have been a mistake with that TH roll...
6 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel carefully weighs the amount of draw on the bowstring to ensure that his arrow will subdue rather than slaying, and lets it fly. He calls out (in hobgoblin) "Surrender to us."

Attack: 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 = (7) = 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 596564. ddavros
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (13) + 1 =
  • 14
  • Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:57 am
  • [+]
  • 596565. ddavros
  • 1d8 =
  • (7) =
  • 7
  • Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:57 am
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thalek aims a mighty blow at the hobgoblin, that if it had landed would surely have knocked the creature into the middle of next week - but he dodges out of the way. But he can't dodge Tirnel's arrow, which pierces his thigh. The hobgoblin drops to the ground, bleeding and helpless.

Encounter over. You have a prisoner...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:
Jerwynn then stows his bow and arrows, draws his scimitar and starts running towards the group.

As Jerwynnn runs up to the hobgoblin, he quickly bats away the dagger and places his sword at his throat.

Do not move, barely breathe, and let us see your hands - fiend! Jerwynn cants in hobgoblish.

Someone search this lot of offal, we need answers!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Arturo jogs the remaining distance and sloshes out of the river to stand with the rest of the party.

"What have we?"

Looking around to check the condition of his companions he notices Thalek's injured leg, blood seeping through the joint in his armour.

"Do you want me to take a look at that for you?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
"Perhaps we had best move away from this place before we question the hobgoblin. He may have friends who will come looking for him. Does someone want to tie him up?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Arturo, if you could be so kind, a little patch up would be great.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nali runs over to where Thalek is and stands in awe of the dead hobgoblin.

Oooo, look at that! My arrow almost came out the other side! It's lucky it didn't keep on going and hit you Thalek 'cause you're not looking too healthy and I would hate to be the one that made you drop dead, though that would make a good story to tell, not a very happy story but a pretty good one none-the-less. By the way what are these things? I've never seen one before but they're pretty ugly, so I'm glad I never come across one before. But what I want to know is why did they attack us?

Jerwynn wrote:
As Jerwynnn runs up to the hobgoblin, he quickly bats away the dagger and places his sword at his throat.

Do not move, barely breathe, and let us see your hands - fiend! Jerwynn cants in hobgoblish.

Someone search this lot of offal, we need answers!


Oh, Jerwynn can speak their language. Now that's pretty handy. Hopefully it'll tell us what we want to know and I won't have to put an arrow in it. He says as he has checks the dead hobgoblin's body for anything interesting.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
tsname wrote:
Yes, Arturo, if you could be so kind, a little patch up would be great.

Arturo lays his mace on the ground and kneels beside Thalek. Placing his hands just above the site of the injury he bows his head for a moment and intones in a deep baritone.

OOC: Arturo casts cure light wounds on Thalek.

Cure light wounds 1d6+1 = (2) + 1 = 3

Glittering motes of blue and silver coalesce, gathering around Arturo's open hands before drifting across and settling upon Thalek's knee.
The bleeding begins to slow and the wound closes.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 597040. Pendraig
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (2) + 1 =
  • 3
  • Cure light wounds
  • Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 am
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerwynn wrote:
As Jerwynnn runs up to the hobgoblin, he quickly bats away the dagger and places his sword at his throat.

Do not move, barely breathe, and let us see your hands - fiend! Jerwynn cants in hobgoblish.

Someone search this lot of offal, we need answers!

The hobgoblin lies still as instructed - though the sword at his throat gives little room for movement even if he wanted. He looks up at Jerwynn and curses: "Pointy-eared elf scum!"

sapper_D wrote:
Oh, Jerwynn can speak their language. Now that's pretty handy. Hopefully it'll tell us what we want to know and I won't have to put an arrow in it. He says as he has checks the dead hobgoblin's body for anything interesting.
Nali searches the hobgoblin bodies, but finds very little of interest. The ambush party seems to have been travelling light - apart from their personal weapons and light scraps of armour, they have a couple of waterskins between them, a handful of copper pieces (7 cp), and a rather mangy looking rabbits-foot charm that the leader wore on a leather thong around his neck. There are also two ropes with grappling hooks stashed where they had been hiding, presumably to pull boats into shore for looting after having disabled the crew.

Brynn has remained on the boat, but Gael runs up to the party, his eyes wide at what he's seen take place, and observes the captive at closer quarters. "What are you going to do with him?" he asks.

Arturo heals 3hp of damage - Thalek is now on 7/11 hp
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ddavros wrote:
"Perhaps we had best move away from this place before we question the hobgoblin. He may have friends who will come looking for him. Does someone want to tie him up?"

Marrath quickly grabs one of the ropes they had found and ties the hobgoblin up.

"I bet there are more of his ilk not far away. Let´s take this wood gnome onto the boat and move. Then we will find a way to get answers from him, won´t we?"

Marrath just smiles..... She´s bluffing, but that never hurt, does it?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pendraig wrote:
tsname wrote:
Yes, Arturo, if you could be so kind, a little patch up would be great.

Arturo lays his mace on the ground and kneels beside Thalek. Placing his hands just above the site of the injury he bows his head for a moment and intones in a deep baritone.

OOC: Arturo casts cure light wounds on Thalek.

Pendraig previously rolled 1d6+1 = (2) + 1 = 3 (Cure light wounds)

Glittering motes of blue and silver coalesce, gathering around Arturo's open hands before drifting across and settling upon Thalek's knee.
The bleeding begins to slow and the wound closes.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Thalek says, "Much obliged, Arturo, although I am wounded, thank Valdyn that Abarra is none the worse for wear."

Is there anything special we need to do to tie up the hobgoblin? Aside from a rope, do we need to roll for it? NM, Marrath got it!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel Star-Gazer - Elf
Tirnel offers Marrath a smile, either to thank her for tying up the hobgoblin or to agree that torture sounds like a good idea. No words are exchanged, so who knows what a smile means?

I've got nothing else I want to do before the on-the-boat interrogation scene.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [26] |