Popular Tags: PbF_started_2014 [+] [View All]
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nali's eyes widen in surprise to the size of small dinner plates as his arrow brings the final hobgoblin down.

Katastrophy9 wrote:
Nali, have you been holding back on us this whole time? Jerwynn smirks at the wee one while he glances back to Tirnel, Gael, and Arturo.

Umm, well you know my old Granpa Greengrass always said that you should leave the best 'till last...I guess he was right!

Nali replies as he wanders over to the hobgoblin and checks over the body for any interesting trinkets.

Should we have a look over in that gatehouse just in case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Take it easy baby, take it as it comes ... (The Doors)
badge
Enjoy Life! Just do it!
mbmbmbmbmb

Arturo, who could not do much more than watching what his companions did during the last minutes, is rather speechless about the Halflings accomplishment. ( )
He walks over to Nali and slaps him on the shoulder, carefully, not to knock him down.....

"I admire you for your courage, Nali, just like Marrath did, Jerwynn and you managed to put an end to this menace, let´s just return to Esterhaven and finish our task properly, claim our reward. I´m tired..." Arturo says, he wants to leave this place of torture and murder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nali Tuckborough - Halfling
Nali looks up at Arturo.

I guess you're right Arturo...it's probably best if we leave some places unexplored so we have something we can think about and wonder just what might be there...and you know, I don't think I'm really that courageous I think maybe it's just that my legs and arms start doing things before my head has time decide what to do and sometimes this looks courageous but you know I think the really courageous ones are those that aren't standing here with us now.

He pauses and takes a deep breath as a tear trickles down Nali's cheek which he quickly wipes it away with the sleeve of his arm.

Right, OK, OK! He says regaining his composure and looking about the groupLet's get this silver back to town!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
Timey Wimey
badge
Then Hrut said, "The child is beautiful enough, and many will suffer for her beauty; but I cannot imagine how thief's eyes have come into our kin."
mbmbmbmbmb
Tirnel sighs in relief at seeing the end of the battle, then walks in silence to where he had hidden Alagos during the fighting and retrieves the dog. From the stress marks on the makeshift leash, it appears that Alagos wanted out as well, though whether to join the battle or flee it is anyone's guess.

After ensuring Alagos' health and safety, he turns to the others. "Well done, all. I agree that the time has come to return to town and claim our just reward. I can only hope that ousting this tribe was worth the price it claimed from our company. Hopefully this keep can be manned again, now that it is known, to protect the river from further incursions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aielo Jimenez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gael bows his head after hearing Nali speak such thoughtful words. His emotions take over as he kneels down, sobbing to himself, thinking about his father and the adventurers who have fallen in order to save him.

Remembering Thalek's horse, Gael says, "That beautiful horse Abarra, do you think we can retrieve her in order to bring my father back? It would mean a lot to bid him a proper farewell."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
mbmbmbmbmb
Relieved to have emerged alive from their ordeals, the party agrees it’s time to return home to Esterhaven. The heavy crates of silver ingots back in the Great Hall take two trips to carry to the riverside, where Bryn is eventually located having managed to avoid the hobgoblins who had chased after the boat for a while. Returning to the scene of slaughter in the keep brings the group’s fallen comrades to mind again – they will not be forgotten - and the bodies are solemnly recovered to bring home for burial, or buried in the woods nearby. At Nali’s insistence, the Gatehouse is left unexplored, so that the castle can still retain some mystery and interest for the Halfling.

The journey back downriver to Esterhaven passes smoothly, and as the boat is carried along by the flow of the Lucent you watch the landscape change from the more rugged landscape of the wilds, to the tamed and cultivated lands around the city. Were it not for Brynn’s constant inane chatter, the trip would almost be enjoyable. The old boat-captain shakes his head when he hears of Gael’s exploits, and can be heard muttering under his breath. “His father – Valdyn rest his soul – always said the boy was a dreamer with a head full of stories. What’s wrong with good steady work on the boats? What’s he want to go be an adventurer for?”

The trip is not completely without surprises. As Jerwynn sits examining the sword taken from King Othzar, he mutters the word “Lightbringer” to himself as he looks at the inscription on the blade. Suddenly the sword blazes with light. Jerwynn nearly drops the enchanted blade over the side of the boat in surprise, but grabs hold of it again just in time. The weapon casts light for 30 feet around, with the same brightness as a lantern, and after some experimentation Jerwynn discovers that the light can also be extinguished with a word of command.

You arrive back in Esterhaven late in the evening of the next day, but Terkild is still at work in his warehouse offices. He’s delighted to see you back again, if fewer than set off, and with his cargo of silver recovered. He insists on hearing the tale of your adventure, shaking his head in wonder at various points, and in sorrow at others, “A living statue? And you, master Halfling, with the arm of a frog? I should have liked to see that…poor Jannich…he served me well for many a year. And I’m sorry for those of your party too.” He’s particularly interested in the map you found, and you notice a gleam in his eye as his thoughts turn to the opportunities that might be exploited by a man with the means to fund another expedition. He is as good as his word when it comes to your reward – half the value of the silver cargo is divided between the four members of the original party, 500gp each. With the hobgoblin threat removed, his business will soon be bringing in money for him once again. He leaves it to the original party whether you pay Gael a share though. “The boy works for me already – or at least, he did. I’m not paying him extra for getting involved in crazy schemes when he should be minding the horses.”

Now that you have time to examine them in leisure, or seek counsel from the sages in the city, you are able to shed light on a couple of the other objects you retrieved from the tower. With the help of a Read Magic spell, Tirnel discovers that the spell scroll contains the incantations needed to cast Invisibility. This is a source of some wonder, as knowledge of how to perform this spell has been lost for decades and its rediscovery causes great excitement among the mages of Esterhaven. And the flask of greenish liquid removed from Nali’s grasp to prevent him doing anything foolish with it turns out to be a Potion of Giant Strength.

Over the next few days, tales of your expedition spread throughout the town. There is a buzz of excitement at the discovery of the Magehold, and talk that the king may send men to rebuild and garrison the castle once again. Perhaps the tide is turning? Perhaps this is only the first step towards the return of the glory days of the Langemark, and the full restoration of the kingdom? Before that happens, there will need to be other adventures beyond the barricades, but those will wait for another day…for now, you reflect on a mission accomplished successfully, and drink a toast to your fallen comrades and the story you shared together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26  |