Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
283 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Tunnels & Trolls (5th - 5.5 Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Dysfunctional Delvers for Dan-rarrrr - IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 2014 [+] PbF_Started_2014 [+] [View All]
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leroy looks back at the village, glad of the rest but irritated. "Greenberry I don't understand why I couldn't cast that spell correctly. I did everything the old coot said to do, but I kept sticking my own feet to the floor."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Och, aye, it has ta be sunny. Not a cloud in the sky to prevent my fair skin from burnin'. What a dandy way to start a journey."

Greenberry pulls his acorn-looking cap tighter on his head and scowls at the sky. It's nice in the village. It's been a long time since he was treated so well, and quite frankly, he is a little loathe to leave it to follow one goblin.

He turns to look at Leroy, "Och, 'tis simple! You've not yet mastered the 'I'm Rubber' spell. It completely negates all effects of glue against you."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin - Elf Fighter
Tarrin stands in the sunlight, smile on her face, weapons on her hips, and grins at Greenberry -

What a fine night in the village, Papa Berry, I got to romp with some happy fellows last night and one of them bought me these fine boots! So fierce, much more than the others!

Tarrin struts around the party with hands on hips and then she takes her bullwhip off her belt -

Oh, and I got this new toy too! Just think of the Orc necks this will wrap around!

Tarrin starts giggling in a sinister but childlike way, skipping with her whip dragging behind her. Then she stops and takes a look at Bleitz, frowning -

Well, someone had fun with that female blacksmith and got even better toys!

Tarrin rolls up her whip and cinches it to her belt for easy retrieval.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Och, Leroy, I'm just pullin' your leg. No need to look so sad. You'll learn it eventually. When you are old as I am, spells just come easier. 'Tis one o' the few positives about being old. All that experience."

Upon seeing Tarrin gleefully strutting around in her new boots Greenberry quips, "Aye lass, those boots be a good fit. Very fierce."

A bit quieter he adds, "Now let's hope they aren't as easily stained as the last pair..."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleitz has felt the kind of atmosphere that hung in the village before, the heady mixture of relief, exultation and a feeling of vicarious victory. The crowd in the arena felt the same, their cheering, throwing flowers and coins as you stood over your fallen foe, the fans that lined the way back to the campsite...It was comparable, but different. This rush was more meaningful, more truthful. Bleitz preferred it. These peole would not scream for his blood once the next match rolled around...And he would not be laid to rest in an unmarked grave, forgotten within a season. No, this would be lasting, if only a bit longer...It felt good.

He chuckled, the new armor creaking lightly as he turned to face Tarrin, his scarred face splitting into a smile for one of the first times since they met. "A lot of fun, she was my kind of girl. Could give and take a pounding as well as you'd expect from a smith!" She definitely had been...He was sore all over, likely covered in bruises. He tapped the chest-plate, a soft ringing sound."Besides, might need it. My footwork's not as good as yours and someone needs to take the blows."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stawlrooter walked in silence. He was used to being grumpy and gawked at; of being laughed at for his pale colour and short stature. So when confronted with the complete opposite he hadn't known what to do, or where to put himself. Afraid to open his mouth and say the wrong thing Stawlrooter had let the chatty leprechauns do all the talking and bragging.

He'd swapped out his leather mail for nice new scale; re-sharpened his grandfathers' blade and acquired a second sword in case the first should fail him. Once that and some other bits were gifted unto him Stawlrooter collected the jar full of fungus which he had left in sunlight all evening, in the hopes that it might once again glow for him that night. He'd stowed that in his pack and gone to drink the night away with a belly full of food.

His lack of wordiness had continued through the journey back to the caves, but now, seeing the footprints which came and went from a direction that was not the village brought life back to his tongue.

"Our old delve teacher and his friends, perhaps?" Stawlrooter takes a closer look to see if its possible to work out if they are human, goblin, orc or other.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Och, these prints... is that the way Dan-rarrr was taken? Or are these naught by the prints of looters now that we did all the work for them and cleaned out the tunnels?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leroy says, "I wonder how much it would cost to set up our own door with a mouth and arm at this entrance."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenberry looks at Leroy as if he has found the love of his life.

"That's.... that's brilliant! Why didn't my addled brain think o' that! A door you have to pay to enter that WE control... bloody brilliant!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin turns to Stawlrooter and puts a hand on his shoulder,

You were a wee too quiet during our fun in the village, Stawl, I was hoping to buy you a drink before I took a tumble with the locals. Alas... Oh, you do still have your trusty jar of enlightenment, eh?

Tarrin smiles with enthusiasim that Stawlrooter kept his jar and that the party may hope to find more glowy fungus stuff to give to Stawlrooter. Pondering the footprints and Stawlrooter's comments,

Hmmm, I think you might be right Stawl - he came back to clean up the mess in order to bring in new STUDENTS. Do you think some of these other prints are from a new lot of Orcs set up in the tunnels? Oh, Dan-Rarr - could he be back in the tunnels with this new lot of offal?

Tarrin walks over to the cavern entrance and sees...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, maybe most folk know better than to mess about with tunnels."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleitz knelt at the side of the tracks, leaning on the haft of his pole-arm and looking at the tracks. Seems like someone cleaned up the cavern, meaning that they either moved in or had other purposes...They'd cleaned up both participants of the battle...The shoes remind him of townsman's shoes, well-made, but light, not meant for these surroundings...As for the other tracks, he has little idea.

With a grunt, he rose up again from the ground, still getting used to the added bulk of his armor. Honestly, he loved it. It made him feel so much tougher, so much harder...Heavier too. Every motion was more difficult, but in itself more rewarding. "I'd say we check it out, honestly..." Bleitz nodded at the cave. "The villagers paid us well to cleanse these caves, would be bad for business if they filled up the day after."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleitz grunts, lighting his pipe and shaking his head, the smell of sweet apple tobacco mixing with the acrid stench of orc fat and goblin meat. It honestly isn't too bad..."I doubt we'll be finding much here...Shall we go look for our little goblin buddy?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
Bleitz grunts, lighting his pipe and shaking his head, the smell of sweet apple tobacco mixing with the acrid stench of orc fat and goblin meat. It honestly isn't too bad..."I doubt we'll be finding much here...Shall we go look for our little goblin buddy?"

Leroy nods.

"Yes, let's! I don't fancy standing here and getting in a fight with whoever or whatever is in the cave. We can come back in force later if we want to go again."

Leroy adjusts his pack, and begins to walk after the goblin prints leading away from the cave.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin nods at Leroy's and Bleitz's assessment of the situation, standing is not doing a thing.

So do we go back in to see if anyone has settled back in the caverns - or do we investigate the Great Road and see what trails from it we can derive?

Tarrin becomes stiff and looks around at the others quizzically, Wait... did I just say something like a real professional delver? Wow, it must be the boots!

Tarrin starts to walk towards the Great Road to see what the footprints and activity might be there. Did the bloody wart-popping delving trainer just bring in a clean up crew? Or perhaps another group of Orcs entered a different way?

Turning back to the group, Remember what that Orc SOMEONE let go said just before SOMEONE let him loose... The Hunting Wolves Tribe took Dan-Rarr though he is not of their tribe. Did anyone ask about in the village about this tribe or such?

Tarrin stands a little taller realizing she said another professional statement like any true delver would. The others will soon realize my greatness!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Aye, well, from what we know goblins aren't the sneakiest of creatures, so the fact that none o' the villagers met with them seems odd.

Unless there be more tunnels in the woods that they don't know about."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin scratches her head in confusion and turns to Greenberry,

Okay, let me see if I got our options right, Papa Berry.... First, we can go back in the caverns assuming the Hunting Wolves goblins took Dan-Rarr back in their for safe keeping because that varmint delving trainer set them up in there, or

Second, somewhere out in the woods in a location where those other Hunting Wolves goblins is actually hiding or have other tunnels to go down in.


Tarrin stops, looks even more confused and then turns to the party,

I don't know. Maybe we check the caverns quickly to make sure they did not move in before we ramble deep into the woods.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Leroy says,

"Tarrin I doubt they're going to move in there, having had to fight there. The must have a lair out this way."
Leroy follows the tracks to the road. Do the tracks disappear? Leroy studies the ground, looking for prints, discarded items like bits of fabric or spear heads, or drag marks like someone's heels, or goblin poop.
2d6 = (1 + 5) = 6
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 584521. Purplebroccoli
  • 2d6 =
  • (1 + 5) =
  • 6
  • Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:30 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stawlrooter chimes in with, "Plus we never did explore all the caves. We'd be in there days and most likely get lost to boot. The tracks don't go back to the cave so I say we try the woods."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Och, wasn't almost dying in the tunnels once bad enough? We can explore new places to die. Like the woods. Nice and green out here.

I say we follow the tracks into the woods."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin smiles at Greenberry and nods her head up and down vigorously,

I would very much like to explore new places!

Tarring wakls up to join Leroy and Stawlrooter at the road, crossing to the other side and walking in for about 10 feet to see what is around for clues on the ground, bushes, trees...

2d6 = (5 + 2) = 7 Just in case
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 584824. Katastrophy9
  • 2d6 =
  • (5 + 2) =
  • 7
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stawlrooter shrugs off his pack, disarms, laying everything down very carefully on his pack or somewhere dry then walks into the forest a ways, ensuring he is within sight of the others still.

He lays down on the ground, places his ear to the bare earth, slows his breathing and heart-rate as much as possible and listens to the vibrations of the ground.


2d6 = (4 + 4) = 8
DARO 2d6 = (3 + 6) = 9
Total = 17
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 584846. Bifford
  • 2d6 =
  • (4 + 4) =
  • 8
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 584853. Bifford
  • 2d6 =
  • (3 + 6) =
  • 9
  • DARO
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 pm
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenberry, being the mischievous bastard he is, creeps up to Stawlrooter and, when Stawlrooter is just about done listening to the vibrations, slams his shillelagh into the ground. Then he capers off to join Leroy. Because, well, he has no idea how Stawlrooter will take his prank...

Mind you - Greenberry will not interfere with the initial reading of the vibrations, if that helps - he is just adding a bit of a punch at the end...
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrin begins a slow dance through the bracken, swaying to each side and touching the branches and she moves. Looking back towards the road she sees Greenberry creep up behind Stawlrooter and bang at the ground. Tarrin smirks and looks at the facial expression of Stawlrooter upon hearing the sound.

Stawl, did you feel that? I thought I heard the stomp of the Shill Giant. What, you don't know the Shill Giant? Quick, to arms!

Tarrin draws her dagger and hoists it in the air then turns her back to Stawlrooter and faces Greenberry...

Snickering and trying to keep a straight face during the whole episode.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leroy watches ahead, left and right, as best he can, for concealed pits covered with leaves and dirt, or nets buried under the track, trip wires or snares.
2d6 = (6 + 5) = 11
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 585273. Purplebroccoli
  • 2d6 =
  • (6 + 5) =
  • 11
  • Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |