Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad morning doesn’t begin to cut it when you’re woken by a loud knock on your door at 7 a.m. on a Monday by two hard-nosed KE dicks and a half dozen patrolmen, all smiling like they won the lottery. They read you your rights on an armed robbery beef that doesn’t sound familiar, throw the cuffs on, and rudely stuff you into the back of a Patrol–1. Twenty minutes later, you’re in the dark and hostile interrogation room of the old Lone Star precinct downtown, which is now a Knight Errant franchise, getting enthusiastically interrogated by an Anglo dwarf named Detective Quinn and an Amerind ork named Detective Redoak. The irony dawns on you before you’re halfway through the hour-long interrogation, being asked the same questions over and over (and for that matter, harder and harder). You had nothing to do with the truck of commlinks that got hijacked in Tacoma at 8:00 p.m. last night. Wrongfully accused isn’t how you’d usually describe yourself, but even a broken clock is innocent twice a year, or something. It’s almost enough to bring a smile to your face, as there’s no way they’re going to make this stick. It’s not long before the detectives get tired of your stonewalling and realize they’re not getting anywhere with their good cop, bad cop routine. They pull you out of the cramped interrogation room, and march you down the hall to a holding cell full of other malcontents like yourself, a bunch of unusual suspects. As you look around the room you see....

Each person describe yourself. You have none of your (heavier) gear, but implants are ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
A skinny girl in a battered leather jacket, in trimmed flaming-orange hair.

She's staring the floor hard, not making eye-contact with anyone, and trembling like a greyhound. In short just another BTL junkie, but there is something odd about her. For starters you notice that she's actually clean. Clean like someone who does a real shower once in a while, the second odd thing are thick yellow callouses under the fingertips.

She doesn't have much of anything else if not the look of someone who will rip off your hand if you're too stupid to touch her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bra’verk Johansen
Brav isn't much to look at for an Ork and tries to keep it that way, though his breeding doesn't help. fixed with stringy dirty blond hair to his shoulders and the ice blue eyes of his father, Brav is somewhat of a looker except for the scars... and tusks. The Asian side, from his long dead mother, keeps his skin white, which only makes the scars stick out more. Looking down at the back of his hands he sees the crisscross markings of thin scars that stands out. But each scar was worth it - each scar a reminder of his training and all that he has accomplished to get his creds on the street as a runner. Until today...

Brav has always kept under the radar, not one to draw much attention and that surprises him that this beef about a snatch is being laid out on him. Question after question they threw at Brav but he just sat there, watching one trying to be a chummer and the other Star being a total drek. Brav could sit there for hours while they wailed away with their words, finger pointing, and blank threats. But they couldn't... so here he sits in a holding cell with breeders, tweaks, and tuskers - wiz, just wiz.

Glancing around the cell Brav is glad the Stars at least left him his clothing and long coat as some of the odd types do not look too friendly to his liking and it is always nice to have a little protection. Brav shifts his position to a corner, standing, observing -

A breeder off to the side, always checking his pockets - looking for something the Stars obviously took away. Got too many pockets, gadget fiend more than likely.

A girl, sitting on a bench, gittery like she got the tweaks or another lost deckhead. Kids these days.

Brav smiles when he sees the pretty boy strolling around, not wanting to get his suit dirty and looking a little frustrated. He likely is the drek who took the comms, too full of himself otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Crazy Diamond
"No, don't worry Mama, I'll be done here soon. No, you don't have to send Brother in. Yes, the girls are fine."

Long. thin dreads drape down over a white form-fitting leather jumpsuit adorned with the logos and names of several auto part manufacturers. They shake as the young woman carries on a conversation with seemingly no one in particular. Probably just an internal commlink, but the insistence on vocalizing the conversation is probably irratating to the other occupants of the cell. Your eyes are drawn to the torn-away left arm of her jumpsuit, where a shiny black cyberarm protrudes. When she turns and looks in your direction, you are a bit taken aback by the large number of piercings - eyebrow, nose, lip, and ear - all glittering brightly.

"Okay, Mama, just come pick me up. Like I said, I'll be done here soon."

Addressing the others in the cell - "They drag you all in for the same bullshit? Man, I was just sitting down to a nice plate of toaster waffles. Quite possibly one of the best culinary inventions of all time, don't you think? Toaster waffles, that is. Get the real no shit syrup, it's worth the price."

Recognition flashes across her eyes - "Hey, Ork-boy, wassyername? Didn't we work together up in Redmond a few weeks back? Yeah, and you - pretty boy - weren't you all like 'I got this, I can talk my way through' right before every goddamned thing went pear-shaped? Yeah, I know you boys. Don't recognize her, though. What's your gig, sweetie?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve gandal
Steve is attemptin to smooth out a new wrinkle in his suit. He is rather imposing standing by the cell door, he glances at the cell benches before deciding to continue standing. His asian american features do not betray any worry. Realizing that the wrinkle requires a good steam to get out he ssmooths his black clean cut hair before looking around the cell. "Yes I beleive I have worked with all of you in the past, and I hope you remember the experience as fondly as I do. I wonder what current problem the mr. johnson's of the world have with us to bring us all together, anyone got any ideas?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
The girl twitched some more. Fuck she thought. She had glanced at the faces, a fraction of a sec, no recognition. What would their Avatars be? She couldn't bring herself to speak, she hadn't uttered word in more time that she cared to count, maybe that app she installed had kept a log somewhere, it would be cool to see how long one could go without actually speaking.

Yet now her tongue was inert. She had to communicate something, not communicating was bad, you don't want to do that.

She looked up, straight forward, at one of the people - she had to play ball in the communication game with these for now strangers - her gaze met a face with tusks. I'll check your Avatar as soon as my Deck is back in my hands, so I'll know if I know you at all. She grunted, nodding, as soon as she got attention awareness from the person in her focus.

She then, with an effort, grunted and nodded to the others. I'll check you all, in due time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Crazy Diamond
"It's these damned 'Knights' - buncha losers never shoulda replaced the 'star. #$%#in' Ares sons-of-motherless-donkeys. At least the 'star never dragged me in here, IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BREAKFAST, on some trumped up BS about a truckload of COMMLINKS! Who would even try to steal a truck of commlinks? And in TACOMA? Why would any of us EVER be in TACOMA?"

She seems to be spinning up and ranting loudly to no one in particular, then seems to refocus on her surroundings, and returns to addressing her cellmates.

"Uhhh.....DID any of you boost those commlinks? Cuz I might know a guy that's interested in that kind of thing...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You’ve been sweating in lockup for a while without access to a phone call or your lawyer; in other words, the world is still turning. Just as you’re starting to seriously worry that, in the ultimate irony, you might actually go down for a crime you didn’t even commit, you hear the clang of one of the security doors in the hallway, and the sound of the KE detectives bickering with a hotheaded female attorney. You hear the phrases warrant, wrongful arrest, probable cause, putative identification, and unlawful questioning without legal counsel. Then a begrudging and bewildered-looking uniformed officer unlocks the cage door, and a short, smiling womanin a grey, pinstriped business suit strides past him. The cops almost seem scared of the tiny little norm chica. She’s cute and slight, with short, neon-orange hair and a dusting of freckles. She looks all of fourteen, but starts talking like a high-speed robot built for dispensing rapid-fire legal jargon: Hey, just so you guys know, I just told them they have to put you before a lineup, get the prosecutor to formally press charges, or let you go, or I’m gonna have their gonads for wrongful arrest and violation of your rights as UCAS citizens. You may be far from the forty-eight-hour deadline, but they really screwed the pooch on this one, and privatized rent-a-cops don’t get blanket protection under Qualified Immunity statutes. You’re not sure you followed all of that, or any of it, when she presents you with her card (an ARO, naturally). It reads “Imaginary” Annie Goldsmith, invisible Esquire.

You're welcome to come with me. I'll buy coffee and we can discuss some things. Officer, open it up!

With that a the Knight Errant officer meanders over, and open cell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
Sonia took the card, committed it to her memory, then let it fall on the floor. She didn't want to be tracked in case the card contained nano-funnies.

She stood up and followed the attorney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Gandal
"As long as it is the real stuff and not that synth crap I'm in" Steve then pockets the card and lumbers towards the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The small women stares as the card hits the floor, the comports herself. If you want real food, then I can drive you to Maximillion's.

She then leads you outside to a Mitsubishi Nightsky parked right outside the building close enough to a fire hydrant to almost dare any officer inside to ticket her. She turns to you and says, Trust is not common among our respective groups, so take any time you need to scan my car. I have nothing to hide.

She then blinks at the car which causes the car to open all its doors with an audible cha-chink and a beep, and steps around the car before sitting in the drivers seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
I guess Sonia got a chance to get her stuff back, she's mostly interested in her deck, if she has, she checks it for any tampering.

Sonia checked the car thoroughly, saying "please feel free to check" as a reverse psychology gimmick wouldn't work on her.

As she checks, she also goes in the net and tries to find something about this attorney. Some superficial sniffing for now, see what a banal research can come up with. Sonia's fingers work like a centipede running on a wall, a cascade of tic tics and neon flash feedbacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Crazy Diamond
"Oooh, nice. Nightsky. Always wanted one of these.

C.D. makes a circuit of the car, inspecting it more for those things that car afficianados look for rather than any kind of trickery. Suitably impressed with Ms. Goldsmith's style, she waves to a passing truck that looks like it has been configured for off road racing, and then climbs in.

"I'll ride with you, but Mama's gonna keep an eye on us. She's always suspicious when I get into cars with strange girls."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve gandal
solidhavok wrote:
Oooh, nice. Nightsky. Always wanted one of these.

Ehh my Bentley is nicer Steve says with a note of jealousy before strapping himself in to the coveted shotgun position. Maximillion's will work, and then you can explain this sudden generousity from an Attorney? The questioning tone indicating Steve's uncertainty with her actual profession.

Is there any chance Steve has heard of her from his professional or runner contacts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bra'verk Johansen
Bra'verk had checked all his weapons, resorted the loads of ammo (can't trust any drek Errant with his arms0, and placed them all where they needed to be - not seen but easy to access. He did not take the card offered to him - she should know better than to offer if she knows what Bra'verk employment preferences are - discreet.

This Goldsmith human is like a chatty wren as she moves the group outside to wheels that scream of Corp money. Fancy enough to get her where she wants to go for all to see.

"Trust is a lot to ask for - especially from someone who has not passed that which is real."

Bra'verk throws a little zen-Fu at the rapid fire, but subliminally insecure, breeder just to let her know that he has been down this road before for Mr. Johnson and it does not feel comfortable without the right Fixer in place - between Bra'verk and the contractor. When he gets a real name then he will feel more comfortable about this situation.

As Bra'verk scans the streets, where the real threat will likely come from, he notices Diamond doing her walk about and snickers, Tis not the truck you are used too, Diamond, but nice strut anyway."

Bra'verk snorts at the Face's comment, finally remembering him from that farce of a gig - his talk is still not what it should be and hopes he holds his own this time. With an audible snort at the Face, Bra'verk gets into the back of the car with the twitchy decker girl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:

Is there any chance Steve has heard of her from his professional or runner contacts?

Roll contacts or matrix search to see what you know. same goes for anyone else who wants to know about the attorney
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve
Steve thinks this he might have heard of her before in his corporate life

check 12d6 = (1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4) = 43
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 579345. madmanw
  • 12d6 =
  • (1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4) =
  • check
  • Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:47 pm
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve think back to your corporate life
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Annie Goldsmith Esquire isn't a corporate attorney, but she is a damn fine criminal defense attorney. You've heard of her because Shadowrunners mention her from time to time as the best defense you can buy.

As for the rest of you, you climb into the luxury card, and Annie moves the car smooth as silk across the road. It's a damn fine ride as she quickly and efficiently drives to Maxamillion's a few miles away.

At the restaurant, Annie just waves at the Host, and indicates with her finger you should fallow you. She leads you deeper into the Aztlan themed restaurant. She talked you to a corner table where she sits at the closest seat allowing the rest of the runners to obviously grab chairs that don't face the door. Eat up runners. All of this is part of the escrow account that is playing for my services
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
The decker girl chooses the most expensive looking dish and presses the sinthpaper menu button to order it.

When it comes, an (cloned) Imperial Lobster, she barely touches it.

In the meanwhile she's controlling her companion's avatars on the net. She recognizes them all, and sends smilies or professional acknowledgments through instant messaging.

She messages the attorney, oblivious of the fact that she's sitting half a meter away: "Thanks for the treat, now what's the catch?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The woman looks at you, smiles and texts back in a new message that is sent to everybody's coms Hay, I don't care if you don't eat or waste money. I'm here to deliver a message. My fee came out of the account long before I set foot in that jail.

She then reaches into her coat pocket and produces a old fashioned pack of matches and throws them gently across the table to the decker. The pack has a stylized picture of a banshee with the 7 PM written on the package in pen. Now that I've delivered that, my job has come to a rest. I get a free meal and a crap ton on money now. Not bad for a nights work. If you need some help to get out of any other cells you might get put into, give me a call.

She then gets up to leave as the server brings her package as you all receive ARO's of her business cards.

anything else you want to ask her/do before she leaves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonia Binary
The decker girl touches the pack with distaste and the she takes them and examines them.

Hey, who are you working for? she messages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The woman looks at the decker and says Two things come to mind. One, I don't have to tell you drek. Confidentiality and all... But, two is much more fun. I honestly don't know. I was given a message on the matrix addressed to my business mail. After checking the message for safety, I was told you would be in lockup, to take triple my fee, and a courier would deliver something only for the runners. I found an account with lots of money in it, as I was directed, but I checked to see where it came from. Its worked well for me to be cautious in the past, so why stop now? The account is safe, but the money is basically untraceable before it entered that account. I checked...I have a few business friends who specialize in that kind of thing. It all passed my sniff test for me not dying, you've behaved yourself in my car, and the account is set up to pay for this meal. I don't know anything making my death worth something, and I did a good deed...with a little pay. Plus, free meal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve
Well we can at least hope that there is some nuyen in-store in our futures as well, anyone who wanted us dead wouldn't need to go through that much effort. Steve then returns to sipping his cappuccino and gently closes his eyes, relying on his modified ear buds to relay to him and changes to his surroundings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Crazy Diamond
Toaster Waffles. TOASTER waffles. Do I need to spell it out for you? T-O-A-S-T-E-R WAFFLES! I thought we were getting real food, what is this drek on the menu?

Diamond looks up from her tirade at the menu as Annie is leaving.

Out so soon, honey? I was hoping to get better acquainted. Let me know if you ever wanna shift gears - I could get excited to spend some more time in your ride....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bra’verk Johansen
The whole time of this transit and going to this fancy restaurant BRAV observed, grunted a little in acknowledgement and let the Face take the lead with most of this... for now. STEVE had the talk and the walk to figure this legal type out.

BRAV is jacked in with the rest of the crew and now gets who they are from his past gigs. DIAMOND is a hoot and he always likes working with her because of her ingenuity, lip, and drek that comes out of her mouth. The Tweak, SONIA, jumpy kid that gets all the answers - impressed BRAV last gig but bothered him that she slips BTL; he hopes she cleaned up.

Looking at the legal grundge type, BRAV ponders... Wait, I think she was that legal grundge that was damn good for us runners - Jays mentioned her work last slip he had, I think.

Rolls for knowledge (Fixers:Street+Intuition)6d6 = (6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 1) = 21

BRAV savors the real, unsynthed, triple plate order of vegetables and then licks his lips at the double plate order of real, flavorful and unsynthed, Tofu. Pulling a couple of chopsticks from his coat he begins to eat the Tofu with a slurping, smacking sound.

BRAV listens as legal grundge answers SONIA question,
biotech66 wrote:
...One, I don't have to tell you drek. Confidentiality and all... But, two is much more fun. I honestly don't know...
Not some words that BRAV wants to hear, things may have just got tricky. The fact that this legal grundge got a lot of money for just this meeting tweak BRAV a little.

Steve, right? You need to be thinking about where the nuyen is coming from in order for us to know what we need to stay alive to spend it, eh?
BRAV slurps up another Tofu cubes from his chopsticks while staring at the Face.

After a few chews and smacking noises BRAV then looks at the matchbook, Hmm, a banshee - where did I see that last?

Knowledge roll for logo on matchbook (Area Knowledge:Locale+Intiution)7d6 = (6 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 2) = 30

BRAV texts to SONIA, Poke about on 'The Banshee' for us, refreshen our memories, would ya kid?

BRAV snickers at DIAMOND, always trying to get a ride - indeed. Damn Diamond, took you a while to try to 'make an acquaintance' with her. Are you losing your touch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 579820. Katastrophy9
  • 6d6 =
  • (6 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 1) =
  • Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:19 am
  • [+]
  • 579821. Katastrophy9
  • 7d6 =