Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
145 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (1st Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Carrion Crown Homebrew Adventure Path [IC Thread] [Mature] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonn Duval
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Weathered fingers run along the spines of musty tomes, pausing upon a particular piece, caressing it slightly clearly reminiscing in the comfort of warmer times. The trance is abruptly broken however when a different text slips it's phalanx ranks, hitting the marbled floor, echoing ominously through the empty hallways of ancient shelves.

"Yes... I know this one." reluctantly picking it up off the ground, keeping the page it had been opened to "Maybe, maybe this is for the better."

Turning to meet your gaze, "The pilgrimage that started it all..."

The Immortal Principality of Ustalav lies on the northern shore of Lake Encarthan, a grim bastion of civilization amid the barbarian north, where a harsh landscape and a history rich in tragedies inspire a wary population with skepticism, religious devotion, and superstition. A conglomeration of loosely affiliated counties, each run by feuding nobles vying for power and influence, Ustalav is a pitiful shell of its former glory, before it was subjugated to centuries of slavery.

While the nation’s upper classes struggle to compete with the very nations that abandoned them to fend for themselves, the average Ustalavic citizen has it much worse...


Amidst the restless crowd of disgruntled travelers, you find yourselves locked in a breathing struggle of petty greed and politics. Torvald the caravan master has halted all services with the carriage drivers in the face of a wage riot, and the Chastel council has chosen not to intervene in spite of owing said wages. Kept under guard and denied interaction with the citizens, the journey begins to take it's toll on you.

Each of you, having sought the academically famed professor Lorrimor for personal reasons or providence, arrive at the large settlement of Chastel as one of the last few legs on your trek to Ravengro, the last known residence of the professor. Chastel is home to about more than two thousand inhabitants of human and half-ling origin, with the latter being the extreme minority, filled with bustling markets and a prominent lumber mill. You take in the aggravating circumstance as you try to seek passage for the rest of your trip.

Torvald, the caravan master, stands before the brutish guards, aggressively held back from trying to gain entrance into the town square for any semblance of an explanation over this grossly unethical financial slight. The rest of the caravan, of about twenty travelers and drivers, have been cornered to the outskirts, emphatically retaliating by slinging curses and small rocks at the rest of the guards.

Among the travelers, you notice others of your ilk, both the bold and reserved either bidding their time or conjuring up their own schemes for progress.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Daniyal steps forward, a broad smile on his face. He looks to see if anyone seems to be in charge, or more senior. Failing that he will ask if he can speak to who is in charge, and if still no luck he will address the guards in front of him.

"Well met sir! A thankless task you have been given this dour morning. Might I inquire as to what the problem seems to be? I would be glad to be of assistance, if I may. I need to arrange further travel, any help you can provide will be much appreciated."

Diplomacy roll 1d20+10 = (11) + 10 = 21
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573151. GazPAge
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (11) + 10 =
  • 21
  • Diplomacy roll
  • Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:48 am
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yatul Gralash

A woman walks up next to Daniyal, towering over most men at nearly seven feet tall. Her clothes are ragged and unkempt, and her face is obscured by a disturbing mask, adorned with red markings. Her green skin as well, is covered by a patchwork of intricate scarification and burn marks. Through her mask, you can tell her left eye is missing, but her right eye looks intelligent and swivels over the crowd, seeing all. Her mouth forms an eternal sneer, caused by the large tusks protruding from her mouth. She is clearly a half-orc, or perhaps even a full-blooded orc, because her feral look has little human remnants in it.

When she speaks, her voice is strangely accented. "What is problem here? Why you will not let us pass? I am answering summons from one of your human kin, from Ra-ven-gro."

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the crowd waits restlessly for the caravan to get moving again, 2 large eyes from a small figure watch the many interactions. The small figure's watermelon shaped head is wedged in a bucket that is crudely transformed into a helmet. Out of boredom, the figure begins to sing,

me is chuffy off to see proffy, me rather be biting and fighting, me no like to wait!"

Ever curious, Chuffy notices a man. Standing beside a very tall Orc woman and intrigued, begins to scamper towards them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A tall, thin elf who has been waiting patiently a short distance from the crowd notices the orc and steps a bit closer to study her intently.

Very interesting! You so rarely get to see an orc calm enough to get a good look at them. They are usually too busy stomping, screaming and trying to shove a large weapon into you.

As the goblin scampers towards her, his eyebrows raise slightly.

A goblin as well! This is my lucky day!

Removing a piece of paper from his pack, he uses a nearby barrel to start making notes and observations about the two humanoids, openly staring at both of them.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lim
Sitting cross-legged in the shadows beside a wagon, a rail-thin individual dressed in simple black garments watches. The expression on his very pale face lies somewhere between bored and amused. Finally, the man levers himself to his feet and begins to make his way around the fracas, trying to enter the city without notice.

Stealth 1d20+10 = (12) + 10 = 22

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573507. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (12) + 10 =
  • 22
  • Stealth
  • Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 pm
Zasz
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Always scruffy looking. Not always a nerf herder.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumbling to himself, Ennesby rocks restlessly on his feet. He watches as the others at the gates attempt to talk to or threaten the guards. He kneels down and picks up a pair of stones from the ground. The dwarf begins tossing them back and forth between his hands as his eyes follow along the line of guards, counting them all. Hearing the goblin singsong a terrible little tune, Ennesby turns to look at the assemblage nearest the front of the pack.

A man, an orc, and a goblin all walk up to some guards... Gotta be a joke here somewhere.

He snorts a chuckle to himself, but remains otherwise quiet.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonn Duval
msg tools
Avatar
mb
GazPAge wrote:
"Well met sir! A thankless task you have been given this dour morning. Might I inquire as to what the problem seems to be? I would be glad to be of assistance, if I may. I need to arrange further travel, any help you can provide will be much appreciated."
The Chastel guard turns to face you, leaning slightly back towards another guard. "Oi, lookin, it's one of those!" he says quietly, as he proceeds to mimic the mocking grunts of swine. He doesn't take it further though, as your words has left a small sense of confusion and uncertainty from your well mannered conduct.

Bearpaw wrote:
When she speaks, her voice is strangely accented. "What is problem here? Why you will not let us pass? I am answering summons from one of your human kin, from Ra-ven-gro."
The guard shows you no outward hostility, almost indifferent in nature, stretching out his hand to stop you from entering, followed by a pointed finger directing you back out towards Shudder Wood, before standing back at attention.

iamrubocop wrote:
"Me is chuffy off to see proffy, me rather be biting and fighting, me no like to wait!"
In all the commotion, your size sees you at a disadvantage as no one directly acknowledges you, or notices you singing and darting about, until your eyes meet the elf's gaze.

anoirtrou wrote:
Very interesting! You so rarely get to see an orc calm enough to get a good at them. They are usually too busy stomping, screaming and trying to shove a large weapon into you.

A goblin as well! This is my lucky day!
As you punctiliously fill in the details of your observation, you sense a meek presence slowly hovering beside you, unknowingly blocking your sunlight. Catching him at the corner of your eye, he childishly pretends to be going about his own business with the heap of scrolls he's sorting.

Brent Johnson wrote:
Sitting cross-legged in the shadows beside a wagon, a rail-thin individual dressed in simple black garments watches. The expression on his very pale face lies somewhere between bored and amused. Finally, the man levers himself to his feet and begins to make his way around the fracas, trying to enter the city without notice.
Opposed Perception 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10
And does so with very little effort, finding himself in the back alleys of the market district. Peering in, Lim sees the curious and frightened people of Chastel. Among the cautious whispers, you hear several common concerns.

"Is it true, is he really one of them!?"

"This can't be! How did he find us!?"

"The council will protect us. They must!"

Zasziden wrote:
A man, an orc, and a goblin all walk up to some guards... Gotta be a joke here somewhere.
"Ha! Tell me about it. I've seen my share of travelers, but this just takes the cake!" the carriage driver gets off his box perch and offers you a drink from his flask. "Then again, I suppose we're all far from home..." taking a another swig, he continues. "Blasted nobles and their petty squabbling. Not an honest one of them I say! And now Torvald won't pay us... how's a dwarf to get on with his work, damn the nine hells for bringing me here." He snaps out of his irate demeanor and turns to you with a tipsy slur. "But enough about me! What brings you to these parts?"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573633. RancidHall
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Opposed Perception
  • Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:32 am
Bess A.
United States
Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
-Zarika Kinless-
A tall, coltish woman rounds the corner of the wagon to nearly stumble into the carriage driver. Her travel clothes are well worn and once lovingly patched, but seem to have been more neglected of late. The hem of her cloak tattered and stained. Her skin has a ghastly pallor that she seems to be trying to make up for with cosmetics, but the resultant effect possibly creates more revulsion than if she had just left her pale skin alone.

She is shading her eyes and squinting as the driver is offering around that flask. She demures, but says to him, with some agitation: "I was supposed to see Professor Lorrimor. I got word that he sent for me. I don't know what about, but given the nature of our past discussions, it could be really vital for me."

Across the way, she sees the small singing figure with the bucket helmet and a bizarre mix of emotions flit her face starting with a ravenous leer, followed by a look of startlement, and then settling on a stricken look as she covers her face. She closes her eyes and whispers to herself... "It's getting worse."

Forgot to subscribe to IC thread! Sorry!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RancidHall wrote:
Peering in, Lim sees the curious and frightened people of Chastel. Among the cautious whispers, you hear several common concerns.

"Is it true, is he really one of them!?"

"This can't be! How did he find us!?"

"The council will protect us. They must!"
Lim approaches a knot of nervous bystanders and interjects. "Pardon me, but I could not help seeing your worried expressions. I see a lot of nervousness around here today, and I hope you don't mind my asking, but what exactly is the concern?"

Do I need to roll something here? Picking up common rumors is generally a DC 10, which Lim can meet by taking 10 with his Diplomacy +4. But if I need to roll something: Diplomacy 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573904. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • Diplomacy
  • Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Calon's initial annoyance at having his light blocked fades quickly as he is distracted by the sight of the scrolls. He moves a bit closer to try to see what is on them.

"Hello. What do you have there?" he asks in a quiet voice.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rancidhall wrote:
In all the commotion, your size sees you at a disadvantage as no one directly acknowledges you, or notices you singing and darting about, until your eyes meet the elf's gaze.

-Chuffy Rotfoot-

On his way over to the Orc woman, Chuffy catches the stare of the Elf. Ever curious and lacking tack, he stops, stares back, and yells at the elf, "me Chuffy! me Bite! me know you?"

He then begins to move towards the elf, darting in and out of the legs of the many people gathered and waiting.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zasz
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Always scruffy looking. Not always a nerf herder.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
-Ennesby Grimwald-
RancidHall wrote:
"Ha! Tell me about it. I've seen my share of travelers, but this just takes the cake!" the carriage driver gets off his box perch and offers you a drink from his flask. "Then again, I suppose we're all far from home..." taking a another swig, he continues. "Blasted nobles and their petty squabbling. Not an honest one of them I say! And now Torvald won't pay us... how's a dwarf to get on with his work, damn the nine hells for bringing me here." He snaps out of his irate demeanor and turns to you with a tipsy slur. "But enough about me! What brings you to these parts?"

Ennesby looks at the driver as he climbs down from his seat, and considers the flask for a moment as he responds, "I've worked in this area before, people a bit sketchy but work is reliable enough. Gent I knew this way, did some work for him. Always good on his word, never a bad contract. I'd say I owe him for gettin' me started after I got here. Been a bit since I heard from him, thought I'd stop by. Had I known travel would be this unreliable, I may've made my own way there." He raised his voice a bit, "But sometimes there's just no accountin' for stupid men who can't stick to an agreement."

Ennesby watches the driver take a swig from the flask, then will accept a draw of it himself.

"Don't suppose you're headin' any farther north, are you?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Absorbed in reading the scrolls, Calon is alarmed as the goblin suddenly charges him. He steps back, his hand moving instinctively to the rapier at his side.

"No! I mean, no, you don't know me. My name is Calon. Please do not bite me, Chuffy." he murmurs, barely loud enough for the goblin to hear, as he smiles nervously.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonn Duval
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Lim approaches a knot of nervous bystanders and interjects. "Pardon me, but I could not help seeing your worried expressions. I see a lot of nervousness around here today, and I hope you don't mind my asking, but what exactly is the concern?"
Opposed Sense Motive 1d20+1 = (5) + 1 = 6
"Have you gone daft!? The bloody concern is..." As the man who responded turns to face you, he is taken back in complete astonishment by your appearance. "By the gods! What has happened to you? You look deathly ill!" The man reels back into the crowd, prompting the rest to take notice. It doesn't take long before the market comes to halt, as the crowd begins to encircle you. However, this commotion doesn't garner the attention of the officials, for now...

anoirtrou wrote:
"Hello. What do you have there?" he asks in a quiet voice.
iamrubocop wrote:
On his way over to the Orc woman, Chuffy catches the stare of the Elf. Ever curious and lacking tack, he stops, stares back, and yells at the elf, "me Chuffy! me Bite! me know you?"
anoirtrou wrote:
"No! I mean, no, you don't know me. My name is Calon. Please do not bite me, Chuffy." he murmurs, barely loud enough for the goblin to hear, as he smiles nervously.
In a hasty attempt to hide his fright, he awkwardly drops the scrolls in his arms. With a cursory glance, you notice what appears to be spell scrolls and other assortment of personal ledgers and lists. "W-Wh-What? I wasn't-no no what?" He grabs his pointed hat, securing it tightly back into his head, cautiously shifting back from the charging goblin.

polycrafty wrote:
She is shading her eyes and squinting as the driver is offering around that flask. She demures, but says to him, with some agitation: "I was supposed to see Professor Lorrimor. I got word that he sent for me. I don't know what about, but given the nature of our past discussions, it could be really vital for me."
Zasziden wrote:
Ennesby looks at the driver as he climbs down from his seat, and considers the flask for a moment as he responds, "I've worked in this area before, people a bit sketchy but work is reliable enough. Gent I knew this way, did some work for him. Always good on his word, never a bad contract. I'd say I owe him for gettin' me started after I got here. Been a bit since I heard from him, thought I'd stop by. Had I known travel would be this unreliable, I may've made my own way there." He raised his voice a bit, "But sometimes there's just no accountin' for stupid men who can't stick to an agreement."

Ennesby watches the driver take a swig from the flask, then will accept a draw of it himself.

"Don't suppose you're headin' any farther north, are you?"
He strokes his beard and appears to be pondering on your words, though you suspect he might just be mustering up his will to keep balance. "Never a bad contract you say..." he slowly reaches into the knapsack back on the carriage perch, but is startled by a woman's abrupt query, and finally falls over in a stupor.

"Hah! Lost yer fat nose in the bottle again Daromuk?" A debonaire human man quips from across the way, leering impishly, leaning against the rear of the leading carriage.

"Aww shove it pretty boy! You could never hold your own against me." The dwarf retorts as he tries to pick himself back up.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574371. RancidHall
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (5) + 1 =
  • 6
  • Opposed Sense Motive
  • Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:07 pm
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
Absorbed in reading the scrolls, Calon is alarmed as the goblin suddenly charges him. He steps back, his hand moving instinctively to the rapier at his side.

"No! I mean, no, you don't know me. My name is Calon. Please do not bite me, Chuffy." he murmurs, barely loud enough for the goblin to hear, as he smiles nervously.

rancidhall wrote:
In a hasty attempt to hide his fright, he awkwardly drops the scrolls in his arms. With a cursory glance, you notice what appears to be spell scrolls and other assortment of personal ledgers and lists. "W-Wh-What? I wasn't-no no what?" He grabs his pointed hat, securing it tightly back into his head, cautiously shifting back from the charging goblin.

-Chuffy Rotfoot-
Chuffy stops in front of the startled elf. Eying him curiously and looking back and forth between the elf and his spilled goods. "Me no bite you, me different goblin and elf no taste good. Too sweet."

Looking back at the scrolls, picks one up and begins to sniff it. "This burn good. Chuffy like fire too. What's your name, elfie?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lim
RancidHall wrote:
"Have you gone daft!? The bloody concern is..." As the man who responded turns to face you, he is taken back in complete astonishment by your appearance. "By the gods! What has happened to you? You look deathly ill!" The man reels back into the crowd, prompting the rest to take notice. It doesn't take long before the market comes to halt, as the crowd begins to encircle you. However, this commotion doesn't garner the attention of the officials, for now...
Lim spreads his hands placatingly. "It was a childhood illness. I assure you I am fully recovered, unless you count the pigmentation effects and a lingering frailty." He attempts a disarming smile. "But my condition is old news. I'm afraid I have been holed up for the last week working on my latest poem, and I haven't been paying much attention to what has been going on around me. Pray tell me what has everyone in an uproar."

Bluff 1d20+10 = (16) + 10 = 26

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574542. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (16) + 10 =
  • 26
  • Bluff
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:27 am
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gracefully snatching the scrolls as they start to fall, Calon hands them back to the human.

"Stay calm, I believe he is trying to be friendly." he whispers to him.

Speaking slightly louder, he turns to Chuffy. "I am Calon, a Transmuter. That is, a Wizard who specializes in spells that change creatures or objects."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zasz
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Always scruffy looking. Not always a nerf herder.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RancidHall wrote:

He strokes his beard and appears to be pondering on your words, though you suspect he might just be mustering up his will to keep balance. "Never a bad contract you say..." he slowly reaches into the knapsack back on the carriage perch, but is startled by a woman's abrupt query, and finally falls over in a stupor.

"Hah! Lost yer fat nose in the bottle again Daromuk?" A debonaire human man quips from across the way, leering impishly, leaning against the rear of the leading carriage.

"Aww shove it pretty boy! You could never hold your own against me." The dwarf retorts as he tries to pick himself back up.

"Piss off, goat-chaser." Ennesby glowers at the man leaning against the carriage, but moves to help the dwarf regain his footing, stepping away again once he's been righted. "Careful. Daromuk, was it? Aye, never a bad contract." His eyes shift briefly past the man again, watching for any movement, rounding to the tattered woman, "Did ya say Lorrimor contacted you? I've heard this name before."

He'll check his belt pouches as he moves to look at the human again. He rests one hand on his hip, trying very hard to keep an eye on all three of these people.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
Gracefully snatching the scrolls as they start to fall, Calon hands them back to the human.

"Stay calm, I believe he is trying to be friendly." he whispers to him.

Speaking slightly louder, he turns to Chuffy. "I am Calon, a Transmuter. That is, a Wizard who specializes in spells that change creatures or objects."

-Chuffy Rotfoot-

"Me not dumb, me is goblin. Me know what wizard is. Chuffy is here to visit an old friend who is like a wizard, but he a professor."

Chuffy picks at something in his teeth and then extends his hand to Calon, "Happy to meet you. Don't worry Chuffy mostly friendly and try to be different than most goblins." Adding a smile.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonn Duval
msg tools
Avatar
mb
iamrubocop wrote:
Chuffy stops in front of the startled elf. Eying him curiously and looking back and forth between the elf and his spilled goods. "Me no bite you, me different goblin and elf no taste good. Too sweet."

Looking back at the scrolls, picks one up and begins to sniff it. "This burn good. Chuffy like fire too. What's your name, elfie?"
anoirtrou wrote:
Gracefully snatching the scrolls as they start to fall, Calon hands them back to the human.

"Stay calm, I believe he is trying to be friendly." he whispers to him.
iamrubocop wrote:
"Me not dumb, me is goblin. Me know what wizard is. Chuffy is here to visit an old friend who is like a wizard, but he a professor."

Chuffy picks at something in his teeth and then extends his hand to Calon, "Happy to meet you. Don't worry Chuffy mostly friendly and try to be different than most goblins." Adding a smile.
The nervous man slowly calms his quaking, "No! Wait!" He exclaims with an outstretched arm. "Don't touch that, it's important!" He desperately attempts to pick up the scrolls, keeping as much distance as he can from the goblin. Though despite still being considerably apprehensive, he does seem to take the elf's words to heart and remains in the relative safety of his reach, experiencing a visible shiver when he sees the goblin's wide row of teeth.

Brent Johnson wrote:
Lim spreads his hands placatingly. "It was a childhood illness. I assure you I am fully recovered, unless you count the pigmentation effects and a lingering frailty." He attempts a disarming smile. "But my condition is old news. I'm afraid I have been holed up for the last week working on my latest poem, and I haven't been paying much attention to what has been going on around me. Pray tell me what has everyone in an uproar."
Opposed Sense Motive 1d20+1 = (10) + 1 = 11
And as surreal as things took a turn for the worse, it immediately returned to the usual hustle and bustle of the markets. The man that acknowledged you wipes his brow with an obvious sense of dourest. "Beg your pardon, my heart nearly left me for a moment there." He takes a second to compose himself. "It's the murders, boy. People disappearing in the dead of night, only to be discovered on the morrow, all twisted and shredded to ribbons." Pointing aimlessly back towards the town square, "We thought we were done with the horrors, we wanted to make a new life! The lucky few of us who've made it here from our homes in Berus, at least, so we thought." Losing his composure once again, he turns back to you, grabbing you with desperate hands. "No more, no more! Gods just take us now..." He drops to his knees and breaks down in tears, "My wife, Eulanda, she was only gone for a moment. I should have been there! I should have saved her! She was all I had." The man, lost in his words, slams the ground with a hardened fist. "And now they say he's out there! They say he's one of the travelers! Mark my words... WE WILL HAVE HIS HEAD!!" His presence returns to you, if only for a moment. "Forgive me, I- I have to go..." He trails off, slowly shuffling back into the crowd, drained from the emotional strain.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574546. RancidHall
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (10) + 1 =
  • 11
  • Opposed Sense Motive
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 am
Bess A.
United States
Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zasziden wrote:
"Piss off, goat-chaser." Ennesby glowers at the man leaning against the carriage, but moves to help the dwarf regain his footing, stepping away again once he's been righted. "Careful. Daromuk, was it? Aye, never a bad contract." His eyes shift briefly past the man again, watching for any movement, rounding to the tattered woman, "Did ya say Lorrimor contacted you? I've heard this name before."

He'll check his belt pouches as he moves to look at the human again. He rests one hand on his hip, trying very hard to keep an eye on all three of these people.
"How did you hear of the professor?" Zarika quietly asks the dark-haired dwarf.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Calon gingerly takes Chuffy's hand and shakes it with a sleight bow.

"A pleasure to meet you, Chuffy. You are definitely quite different from any other goblin I have seen. If I may, could I inquire about your background and how you came to choose a way of life that is harmonious with civilized society?"

He looks back briefly at the man with what he hopes is a reassuring smile before returning his attention to Chuffy.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
Calon gingerly takes Chuffy's hand and shakes it with a sleight bow.

"A pleasure to meet you, Chuffy. You are definitely quite different from any other goblin I have seen. If I may, could I inquire about your background and how you came to choose a way of life that is harmonious with civilized society?"

He looks back briefly at the man with what he hopes is a reassuring smile before returning his attention to Chuffy.

-Chuffy Rotfoot-

Chuffy falls onto is backside in a sitting position as a sharp-toothed smile spreads across his face.

"Me love to tell stories! Most goblins are mean. They bite and kill and eat all things. Me tribe was all killed by mans,"
his tone becoming more somber. "Chuffy was very small then, and only me live. A man saved me and me live near his farm for long time."

His smile returning he continued, "Alryc was the man and he was interesting. He didn't hate me because Chuffy a goblin. He be my friend. Me wonder if more mans like that, maybe Elfs and dwarfs and other ones too."

Growing somber again, "But me still goblin and eat cow, Alryc get mad and me not see him any more, he wish me dead like rest of me tribe. So me live in the woods and travel and look for more mans or others who like Alryc, who accept Chuffy. That's when me met Professor. He was being robbed by bandit and me no like that. So Chuffy jump on bandit and bit his head till he dead!"

As if acting out the scenario again, Chuffy leaps from his sitting position into the air and snaps his mouth shut, biting at the air.

"Professor say he never forget and now ask me to come here. That's me story. This game fun, your turn. What's Calon Story?" With that Chuffy sits back down in the dirt and looks up with his excited sharp-toothed smile waiting expectantly.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yatul
Yatul turns from the guards with a grunt, and paces back to the carriage, glancing at the other travelers briefly. "Carriage-driver, you told me you were headed for Ra-ven-gro. This is not that place yet, and these humankin of yours seem very non-helpful. Can we go around this town?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |