Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have never heard of that series. Although, that's not saying anything, as I very very rarely watch TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoten zombie
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Some people prefer the finer things in life... I'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of Vincent Price.
badge
Rejoice... The great God fear is dead!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Have never heard of that series. Although, that's not saying anything, as I very very rarely watch TV.

It's brand new so I'm not surprised. It's also very American and very Michael Bay... to put it midly. cool But it definitly has Firefly's Adam Baldwin going for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, I love it how fast this thread started moving after it was started
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoten zombie
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Some people prefer the finer things in life... I'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of Vincent Price.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a little erratic... like everybody's in a big room an talking simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is a lot Yohann! I hope you can make it through without stressing too much. RPGs should be fun.

I'm also glad this got going. Was worried for a bit that I had put my foot in my mouth. I do that sometimes and it never tastes good, no matter how clean my foot is...

Okay, that went a bit farther than I expected. whistle

Anyway, I haven't been watching much TV, but my husband has been watching a lot of anime on Netflix now that it has English audio. With his vision disabilities, he can't watch anything with subtitles so we had to skip a lot of anime on Netflix for the last several years. Now he (and I when I watch with him) can catch up!

He just finished watching Kenichi, I think that's how it's spelled. He's a disciple at this crazy place with several crazy master fighters all trying to teach him. I saw a few episodes of it, and it's funny and wacky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmbmbmbmb
wusselpompf wrote:
It's just a little erratic... like everybody's in a big room an talking simultaneously.

Isn't it the point of this thread?

SilvaShado wrote:
Wow, that is a lot Yohann! I hope you can make it through without stressing too much. RPGs should be fun.

I'm also glad this got going. Was worried for a bit that I had put my foot in my mouth. I do that sometimes and it never tastes good, no matter how clean my foot is...

Okay, that went a bit farther than I expected. whistle

Anyway, I haven't been watching much TV, but my husband has been watching a lot of anime on Netflix now that it has English audio. With his vision disabilities, he can't watch anything with subtitles so we had to skip a lot of anime on Netflix for the last several years. Now he (and I when I watch with him) can catch up!

He just finished watching Kenichi, I think that's how it's spelled. He's a disciple at this crazy place with several crazy master fighters all trying to teach him. I saw a few episodes of it, and it's funny and wacky.

Yeah, they are fun, but when there's so little time in a day, with my main job, a broken down car and doing my best to spend some time with my fiancée who's on vacation (but who's coming to conventions with me though!), it's a bit tough.

And stop your foot fetish talk here!

Oh! And I love Kenichi, I really enjoyed this anime. Too bad it stopped way too early. I had a great time watching it a few years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the thread started moving fast! RPGers know how to talk!

Wow Yohann, that is a lot! No wonder you seem busy - you ARE busy! I understand about freelance too. After months of nothing, I just got contacted to do a job. On top of everything else I'm doing. At least it will be quick and easy - once I find the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrie, what kind of freelancing do you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and do you want to know what's the most random thing I can tell you today?

Next Friday, Magali and I, with a couple of good friends, are playing a game of...

F.A.T.A.L.

What's even more random is that a buddy of ours lost a bet and now has to run this game.

What's worse: I provided him with the rules in pdf.

What's even worse is that I really want to say "I've played F.A.T.AL."

What's even worser is that when I said that to Magali, she replied: "I WANT IN!"

What's even worserer is that a couple of friends, when they knew we were in dropped the game they had planned to play this game with us.

What a world... What a world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Wow Yohann, that is a lot! No wonder you seem busy - you ARE busy! I understand about freelance too. After months of nothing, I just got contacted to do a job. On top of everything else I'm doing. At least it will be quick and easy - once I find the time.

The thing is that there's a constant need to translators and proofreaders with some actual skills, and it seems that excellent projects keep coming my way, both for the French and the US market. Which is excellent news in fact.

But concerning months of nothing, I know that with ESL trainings for adults (my main job). Basically, I've always got contracts but the big juicy ones keep being postponed, which is quite upsetting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying from the mountain tops and slamming into the muck with that one, Yohann, my friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yohann: you're crazy laugh

And that is said with all the respect and love toward a great fellow Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoten zombie
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let's put 2 and 2 together here: When will we see the French translation of FATAL Yohann?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, Jonna, thanks for your heartfelt support! laugh

Oh, by the way, did I tell you that the Tavern's Tales 2014 are being launched this Friday?

(am I just remembering that I forgot to vote for the microbadge?... whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wusselpompf wrote:
So, let's put 2 and 2 together here: When will we see the French translation of FATAL Yohann?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh my goodness, this so cracked me up!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

Oh, go vote and break the tie so that I can submit the badge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoten zombie
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:

You won't be laughing anymore when you get to translating the tables arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew about it due to ProjO (it feels like I'm name dropping it all the time, but I'm devoting so much of my free time to the project that it's always on my mind). We're hoping to use it to come up with stories and such for our world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wusselpompf wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:

I think you'll be making a TON of sanity checks while doing it! Might want to have Magali keep a straitjacket nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wusselpompf wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:

You won't laugh that much when I'll charge you with increased rates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:

Mostly I do art for games - mainly video games and RPGs. This art has been everything from inked black and white images to being a colorist for other artist's line art to creating full color digital pieces. I mostly do 2D art - as I prefer it to 3D, and I'm not really an animator, so I try to stay away from complex animation.

I have also done:

Project management for start-up game companies. They give me what they are making, and I organize it and tell them what their priorities should be, sometimes I make plans of action for when they should have things done (rough timelines they can follow, etc...)

Writing site content and maintaining a website.

I'd love to do more freelance writing for games. Which is something I will have to look into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:

I think you'll be making a TON of sanity checks while doing it! Might want to have Magali keep a straitjacket nearby.

Actually, Magali is the toughest of us two (she can stand horror movies a billion times better than I can).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

Mostly I do art for games - mainly video games and RPGs. This art has been everything from inked black and white images to being a colorist for other artist's line art to creating full color digital pieces. I mostly do 2D art - as I prefer it to 3D, and I'm not really an animator, so I try to stay away from complex animation.

I have also done:

Project management for start-up game companies. They give me what they are making, and I organize it and tell them what their priorities should be, sometimes I make plans of action for when they should have things done (rough timelines they can follow, etc...)

Writing site content and maintaining a website.

I'd love to do more freelance writing for games. Which is something I will have to look into.

Sounds awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Wired_Wolf wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
wusselpompf wrote:

Actually, Magali is the toughest of us two (she can stand horror movies a billion times better than I can).

I meant the straitjacket was for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Delalande
France
Solliès-Ville
PACA
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

Oh, go vote and break the tie so that I can submit the badge

The poll is closed, but I'd have voted for the first one.

Wired_Wolf wrote:
I meant the straitjacket was for you.

Absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [141] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.