The Sundered Land» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future - the Jungle of Bones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb

“I’m a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I’m on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the Jungle of Bones, inhabited by monsters who dress in human skins. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

“You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom,
instead of safely on my way. You’re allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

“The rules:
1. Only answer my questions.

2. If you don’t already know the answer, make something up.

3. Keep your answers short.

4. If your answer’s disruptive, I’m allowed to delete it.

5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives. I’ll +1 it.

6. You may subscribe to this thread if you like. Please use the sentence ‘no gods watch over you’ at least once, to do so.”

So enter Pilgrim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've left the vast Desert of Spires behind me, yet I can still find sand deeply embedded in my clothes, food and skin.

As soon as I left the desert I passed through Hangman Peak, a mountain where a clan of beast-men with civilized manners gave me shelter and guided me through its deadly passes. We exchanged gifts, I gave them my velvet, a thing of wonder to them, they gave me a dress of wood and leaves, more of an armour, extremely sturdy if not a little uneasy on the loins...

I have with me a vial of potent hydra blood, poison and acid extraordinaire, and the precise will to put it at good use if need be.

Over the passes I bid my hosts farewell, they tried to talk me out of going in the Jungle and marry two or three hairy brides, but I have to go, it is the only way. They gave me bone charms to ward off evil.

As I got to the limits of this vast impenetrable labyrinth the climate changed to fearsome hot and damp as the pits of hell. After a day or so of travel I'm really thinking I'm in hell, but for now the only thing that is exacting its toll are leeches... at least my loins are safe.

Suddenly something warns me of approaching danger. What warns me?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
no gods watch over you

You suddently feel the thundering of something large coming through the jungle in haste, upheaving trees and bashing stone, what ever comes through the jungle, the tremors through the earth, signals its big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my!

Prudence tells me to steer clear of the path of whatever giant thing is getting here!

I try to listen intently to get the right direction, then I run as fast as I can!

Do I get away? What do I see?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No gods watch over you

You run fast, and the thundering noise seems to be left behind. Now you notice on your way a small stone carved with meaningless grooves, which are filled with some dark-red liquid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I calm down, and when I'm rested, I move to the stone using a stick to test the ground in front of me: all this foliage is treacherous at best.

I examine the stone, and smell the liquid, what do I see? Do I recognize the substance?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you, and it is strange yet comforting, as you smell the liquid it reminds you of your grandnanny's best cooking.

It has to be certain foul magic to twist your mind this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
You see that the red liquid has been spilled out( propably due to the previous thundering tremors ), it smells sweet, sometwhat akin to honey.

Dang to late

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, this smells like the cooking of the grandnanny I never had!

I'm still curious, I take a branch and touch the liquid with it.

Does anything happen?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
as you try to touch the mix with the branch, you are puzzled, the branch appears to breach the surface of the red liquid, but as if the branch just continues down in a bottomless pit. the stone itself appears not more than a few inches. The smell of your grandnanny's cooking appears stronger now, as you disturb the stilness of the liquid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn.

Ok this doesn't look like anything reassuring.

I leave the stone and the liquid be.

Can I get away? What happens?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely no gods watch over you, as you realise when you try to move, your feet are buried by foliage and you seem stuck.

The familiar foreboding sense of danger tingles your senses again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a stick in my hand I plant it in the ground and push hard to free my legs from the mud which is entrapping them.

If I can I'll use the stone to pull myself out of the quagmire.

I might be able to set myself free, does the mud release my legs? What happens?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you... as the monstrosity that was hunting you appeared, a mass of black so large you do not understand what it is you see, except for 2 sets of human skins it had used to adorn its ears, if it had ears.

Human skin earrings! The sight made you shiver, as you desperately but futilely attempt to free yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take it as a, yes, I free myself.

Hell's bells! One cannot catch a break!!

I dodge behind the stone, has the whatevercreaturethisis seen me? What do I see?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's not clear whether it sees you, because it seems to be preoccupied with examining the stone: a skin-colored tentacle protrudes from the black mass and starts feeling the grooves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I shall try to slip away.

I throw the stick I had far away on the left hoping it will feel the vibrations from it. Then I slither away as far as possible.

Do I slip away? What does it do?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
As the stick leaves your hand, and flies through the air, you watch in awe, as a black tentacle leaves the blackened husk, and darts towards the stick, catching it in mid air, and crushing it, in one fell swoop.

Apparently the creature sense motion on a different level than what you are experiencing. You feel it scanning the surroundings, waiting....waiting for a chance to pounce...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm flabbergasted by the tentacle, but nothing for the world wants me to stay here.

Do I slip away or not?

Chris_lib should answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
As you attempt to slither away, you feel the black tentacle around your waist, before you even see the huge beast move. with a mighty tug, an aching pain shoots up from your feet, as you are ripped away from the mud and the foliage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to use the vial! I smash it in the tentacle and I watch as the acid makes its gruesome work.

I may be able to fight free, does it recoil enough for me to run away?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The hydra blood cuts through the tentacle like a sharp knife, and you fall down into the mud, free, at least for now. A small part of the tentacle severed from the creature's body is still hugging you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no time to waste!

I grab the severed tentacle and as if it was a club I rain hits on the rest of the writhing limb which is holding me!

I look around for help, but it is a dim hope at best...

If I don't get away now, it will kill me. Does the clubbing make the creature recoil a bit so that I can slip away?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you.

If anything the clubbing seems to make it tighten!

But there, in the distance, there is a cloud of dust that is moving closer. It is too far away to tell if it is a vile storm or a herd of horsemen.

And yet it comes steadily closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I struggle using all the tricks I had, till I had to throw even my sleeve!

But the monstrous thing is an overwhelming force of nature, it stomps on me and I can feel my bones crushing. The air goes out of my lungs and I cough blood. One of the tentacles has taken out my left eye and it is penetrating deep into my skull.

The pain, the pain I feel no more. Just a vast ocean of peace, an ocean of blood I helped to spill. The Temple was too far away, this Jungle, my doom.

What does it do with my body?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |