The Sundered Land» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb

“I’m a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I’m on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the Gray Hills, inhabited by the encamped army of a king who has sworn vengeance upon me. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

“You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom,
instead of safely on my way. You’re allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

“The rules:
1. Only answer my questions.

2. If you don’t already know the answer, make something up.

3. Keep your answers short.

4. If your answer’s disruptive, I’m allowed to delete it.

5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives. I’ll +1 it.

6. You may subscribe to this thread if you like. Please use the sentence ‘no gods watch over you’ to do so.”

Let's do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite I've abandoned my tools for bloodwork, I have slivers of precious gold sewn tightly in my velvet garb. My frame is supple, my instincts honed by a life of violence.

I've been travelling the hills for seven days and six nights, the land is filled with sharp ravines, dead trees, pointed shrubs and slithering rocky paths.

Last night I could see campfires amany, I steered clear, now I'm winding my path upwards and wondering what will lie beyond the hill.

Suddenly something warns me of an approaching danger. What warns me?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
The complete and pressing silence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My ears have been killed by a spell. I feel the hot trickle come down to my cheeks and neck. My eyes will have to do.

If there are men, creatures or spirits, I'll run upward - always seek the high ground! And speed will make me less vulnerable from the next spell.

As my powerful body bursts into motion I carefully inspect any rock, crevice or brush for signs of activity. What do I see?

Anyone can answer!

(remember, if you want to post on this thread reply with: "no gods watch over you")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Confused cat is confused: do you want every post to start with "no gods watch over you"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
no gods
watch
over you
You notice shadows, some moving, some still, all watching you.
One points at you and seems to say something,
but obviously you can't hear a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you...

Subscribed!

*munches popcorn*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just once is ok! But state it clearly. It creates the right mantra, for the pilgrim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Confused cat is confused: do you want every post to start with "no gods watch over you"?

Just the once will do, I think. I guess it's to get an idea of the number of lurkers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasri wrote:
no gods
watch
over you
You notice shadows, some moving, some still, all watching you.
One points at you and seems to say something,
but obviously you can't hear a thing.

I try to seek high ground.

Am I surrounded? What's the best position here that I could take?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you.

No idea how this works in practice yet, I'll first lurk a little bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you.

No, not surrounded. But you are being herded - precisely towards the high ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. I keep my distance then and I pick up a stone with my right, I untie and keep some gold in my left.

"Wealth or death, what will it be?" I shout as I make my way upwards.

Who answers me, if anyone? What do I find at the summit?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
No gods watch over you.

A blasted tree twisted with age and time is on the summit.
Its branches bare of leaves and rubbed raw by the wind.
The ground is hard and fractured with sharp rocks.
And the wind! It howls around as if to say:
"Turn back! There is no life here for you!
Only death.
Only death."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
No gods watch over you.

A blasted tree twisted with age and time is on the summit.
Its branches bare of leaves and rubbed raw by the wind.
The ground is hard and fractured with sharp rocks.
And the wind! It howls around as if to say:
"Turn back! There is no life here for you!
Only death.
Only death."

You'll need more than a tree stump to kill me. I laugh at death!

Are there enemies near it?

I look beyond the tree, what do I see?

Anyone can answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You see shadows moving on the left, crowling towards you. On the right there are bushes, the leaves are rustling and sometimes you think you see eyes staring at you.
Straight ahaed however is an empty patch of even terrain leading to a friendly little stream a bit further away.

Trap?? or just convenient?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows I may fight not. Eyes yet I can blind!

I run to the right into the bushes, avoiding the tree of death.

Can I get there? If not, what holds me? If yes, what do I find? Who comes?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
You reach the bushes, trampling over eyes in the leaves. In the distance, you hear trumpets sounding an alarm in the army camp of that vengeful king...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The freaking bushes have eyes! Another spell, those are warlock eyes that are spying upon me.

I get into the dense of the brush, somehow the hex must have worn off since my ears hear again, and now the battle horns sound their cries on the other side of the hill.

I need to lose the wizard who is informing the king of my presence and position and sending these illusions of the mind.

What can I do to avoid the sorcerous gaze? Have the shadows stopped or are they hot in pursuit?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
What can I do to avoid the sorcerous gaze? Have the shadows stopped or are they hot in pursuit?

The shadows have converged into a solid-looking shape, following you almost leisurely at a short distance, keeping an eye on you. You will have to escape the shadow or confront it. But how to achieve that?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb no gods watch over you mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisurely?

I turn back on my steps. A shadow doesn't bleed, so I don't feel bad to smite it!

I look at it in all its might a king of darkness, a shadow made of the same stuff nightmares are made of. I throw my stone. I can hit the ass of a rat at twenty feet, and I hit it in the middle of where it should have its eyes.

The stone plunged through, and rolled harmlessly to the other side as if nothing had passed through its path.

Damn.

It moved as a blur that I could see only with my third eye - the will to live when death is coming. It had a longsword like a piece of black glass. It flashed and I moved - it would have cut me in half, it didn't, but... oh... the stab of pain and blood from by forearm.

I struck its neck with the cut of my hand, it passed through and my hand felt as if had been put under a metre of snow.

It didn't flinch and struck again, I rolled to the side barely avoiding it.

It may kill me here. Is there anything out of the usual that I can glimpse here?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Shafts of light stand golden amidst the trees. Nothing unusual... but a glimpse of hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the shafts of light. Of course! Shadows cower from the light.

I try to dodge my way to the glimmers of sunlight. Do I have a chance to get away?

Anyone can answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a sword, ancient yet untouched by time, hidden in shadow under a bush.

If your blood hadn't dropped by it you would have never found it.

For your blood, once on the ground, rolls towards that insatiable blade.

The blade greedily soaks it up, thirsting for more. As you watch in horror, the blade inches from the bush, seeking the source of its nourishment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |