Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-03: The Hellknight's Feast» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's PFS game #5-3: The Hellknight's Feast IC thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace explains to his fellow Pathfinders what he noticed about the serving girl.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Darn! I was too slow and couldn't do anything in the dining room. Oh well.

Célestin listens to Mace and replies "What's your theory? Some kind of doppleganger?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"My first thought was she might have sipped or tasted something that may have been poisoned. But, your idea may be true also. I can search around for her and--discretely--detect for evil within."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Linarra will do a quick tour of the first floor interior, avoiding the parlor (area 4), and inquire with the stationed guards if they have seen anything suspicious.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The guards in the main hall report nothing unusual has occurred. Linarra does a quick sweep of the first floor interior, too quick to notice any tiny details, but doesn't find anything obviously wrong.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah drats yes, too bad I wasn't in time to sway Salhar to our side.

Flinder is rather filled with the fine food but does keep watching for anything magical near him while walking.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace will move about hoping to find the serving girl?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone splits up and wanders around the house, looking for the source of the trouble...
where, exactly, is everyone going?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace will move into the parlor--keeping an eye out for the girl.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Mace steps into the parlor, and Maj Maldris, chatting with Lady Blakros, immediately looks over at him, raising an eyebrow. The rest of the guests chat politely. There is no sign of a servant in the room.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace bows his head slightly in the direction of the Major and sets out for the kitchen. He continues to look for the serving girl.
If he does not find her he will ask about her with the head of the serving staff.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Lyrianna heads off to do a sweep of the first floor, Thoriel turns to the others. "If you three would like to have a look at the stables, the grounds and the cellar, I'm happy to head upstairs and check out the second floor."

The elf, in a good mood after her encounter with Dyrianna, ducks upstairs and does a sweep of the upper rooms.

Any rolls needed? Thoriel will be using Detect Magic as well as generally searching.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Lyriana & Flinder wander the main floor, not seeming to find much of anything...
Perception check, please, from both

---
Célestin & Mace head into the kitchen, where they are informed by the cook's helper that he thought he saw her head to the cellar for more wine earlier, but hadn't seen her since.


---
Thoriel hops upstairs...perception check, please...





5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoriel Perception: 1d20+7 = (9) + 7 = 16
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574224. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (9) + 7 =
  • 16
  • Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:

Lyriana & Flinder wander the main floor, not seeming to find much of anything...
Perception check, please, from both

Since we don't have a PC named Lyriana I assume you meant Linarra: Perception: 1d20+7 = (19) + 7 = 26
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574225. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (19) + 7 =
  • 26
  • Perception:
  • Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thoriel scans the maid quarters, and sees a scrap of cloth poking out from under a dresser. Investigating, she finds it is actually a shredded serving maid’s uniform drenched in fresh blood, that somone stuffed between the wall and the dresser. The name on the uniform collar reads "Zyesha".
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
eddie_drood wrote:

Lyriana & Flinder wander the main floor, not seeming to find much of anything...
Perception check, please, from both

Since we don't have a PC named Lyriana I assume you meant Linarra: Bearpaw previously rolled 1d20+7 = (19) + 7 = 26 (Perception

ugh, sorry about the misspell.

Linarra and Flinder pass Mace in the kitchen on their way to check the pantry...where Linarra's height advantage let's her see a small velvet bag hidden behind a sack of flour high on a shelf. Inside are two vials filled with liquid, and one empty vial.

Flinder immediately recognizes the contents of all three vials: oil of taggit--a poison that knocks people out, but doesn't kill them, usually.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace suggests that they all proceed to the cellar... Something is not quite right.

He offers to take the lead, as any paladin would.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder isn't happy to find this here. "Not good, not good no. Someone has evil plans here, yes. Vials are hidden, who want to come back for them? Better let know what we found, yes?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace suggests further investigation before approaching anyone.

Is it safe to assume we have pooled all our information at this point?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anthropos95 wrote:
Mace suggests further investigation before approaching anyone.

Is it safe to assume we have pooled all our information at this point?

I think so. It would make sense for everyone to meet up before heading either outside or to the cellar. We'll say everyone has collected in the kitchen.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 vote for the cellar
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Célestin agrees with a nod at the mention of the cellar and tries to abserve around if anything's off, like a trap having been laid, in case they were expected.

Perception 1d20+11 = (8) + 11 = 19
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 574591. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (8) + 11 =
  • 19
  • Perception
  • Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:13 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The entrance to the cellar seems normal, as it sits in the corner of the kitchen. Célestin doesn't see any traps of any kind on it.

Making their way down the stairs as only veteran adventurers can, the group reaches the bottom step. The cool, dark wine cellar has a flagstone floor and walls covered with light gray ceramic tiles. Its irregularly shaped walls and alcoves are lined with dusty shelves that hold an impressive array of wine bottles. Propped up against the far west wall are two naked forms, both covered with fresh blood. Though both are clearly female, their faces have been chewed away entirely, leaving them both unidentifiable.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace raises a closed fist and signals for the group to hold position while he detects for evil. He knows that there might be a lingering presence, but, hopes to wait...oh, 18 seconds or so, to discern a direction of any evil creatures if they are still present--and possibly invisible.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [12] |