Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-03: The Hellknight's Feast» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's PFS game #5-3: The Hellknight's Feast IC thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha! That wasn't quite his intention, but, then again, he isn't the sharpest tool. It was more just to flirt with the serving girl at that moment.

Mace happily agrees to making more conversation with the important guests.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace [approaches] the ambassador with as much paladin authority as he is able to project. "GRAND AMBASSADOR DREMDHET SALHAR, my name is Silver Crusader Mace Silver. What news of the majestic beetle city, Sothis? I've heard rumors of that rat-bastard Torch soaking in Eto."

word got lost on my phone
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The Ambassador glances at Mace and Flinder, then back at Mace. "I'm sure I wouldn't know, Crusader Silver. However, if you have information about a known criminal, you should file the appropriate form at the embassy before another 10 days goes by, or you might be in violation of Osirion law." he relates with all the passion of a dead fish.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, of course, ambassador. Should I know anything I will submit that information first thing in the morning. As of late, I have spent a great deal of time fighting the demon incursion around the worldwound. We have lost many good men and women, but, the battle is not lost. Help arrives daily from all over Golaria. I'm sure that you have worked tirelessly furthering the fight against the encroaching darkness?" There was just a slight hint of a question in Maces' last statement.

Diplomacy Aid 1d20+11 = (11) + 11 = 22
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 571726. anthropos95
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (11) + 11 =
  • 22
  • Diplomacy Aid
  • Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:48 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With Mace's support, Flinder thinks the moment to attempt to influence is now...

+4 from discovery, +2 roleplay, +2 aid = +8 to the Diplomacy check, plus whatever Flinder has normally
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
Microbadge: I love pretty diceMicrobadge: RPGGeek is my RPGMicrobadge: I like sharing photos with Instagram.Microbadge: Follow me on InstagramMicrobadge: Vampire: The Masquerade fan - Clan Nosferatu
Flinder feels a bit more confident now the ambassador seems to condone Mace's company.

Yes, very true ambassador Salhar, yes very wise. The Society may not always seem as wise as you, no, think of Sapphire Sage Amenopheus yes. But your wisdom and influence they need very much yes! They'd be perhaps even lost, fight is imminent my liege, yes, could you help them yes?

Diplomacy 1d20+5+8 = (2) + 5 + 8 = 15
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 571867. Narl
  • 1d20+5+8 =
  • (2) + 5 + 8 =
  • 15
  • Diplomacy
  • Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:27 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambassador Salhar nods vaguely. "It is certainly something to consider. Thank you for your input into the matter."

Orielle bows gracefully to everyone, and announces "Lords and Ladies, dinner is served."

As the meet-and-greet concludes and everyone files in to the dining area, Damien Blakros thanks the guests for attending, briefly speaks about the threat of the Worldwound, and then expounds on several lengthy tangents detailing the contributions of the Hellknight Order of the Godclaw during the First and Second Mendevian Crusades. As the Hellknight’s initially thrilling speech begins to dull the guests, Michellia Blakros interjects that the guests be seated.

Due to the seating arrangements, everyone has to pick two guests to be near enough to talk to. Only two of the group can be next to the same person (seated to either side of them). The meal is long enough to allow two more attempts each, but only on those you are seated next to.

Those left to influence are:
Senator Augustyn Naran
Lady Vaelia
Lady Dyrianna
Lord Kerkis
Ambassador Salhar

Additional influence needed to succeed: 1 more NPC

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 0
Thoriel: 0
Mace: 0
Flinder: 0
Célestin: 0

effects:
Lady Darchana: Successfully influenced!
Lord Rothos: Successfully influenced!
Ambassador Salhar: +4 to influence
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace would like to sit next to Lady Dyrianna. He doesn't care who the other is.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If possible Thoriel would like to sit next to Lady Dyrianna and Senator Naran's young wife.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, we have

???--Mace--Lady Dyrianna--Thoriel--Naran/wife-- ???


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Célestin would like to sit between Lady Vaelia and Lord Kerkis.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


???--Mace--Lady Dyrianna--Thoriel--Naran/wife-- ???

???--Lady Vaelia--Célestin--Lord Kerkis--???
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Linarra will take a seat next to Ambassador Salhar.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

seating chart!
Lady Morilla--Mace--Lady Dyrianna--Thoriel-- Senator Naran/wife--Lady Blakros

Maj Maldris--Lady Vaelia--Célestin--Lord Kerkis--Linarra--Ambassador Salhar--Flinder--Lord Blakros[/ooc]

The feast itself includes seven courses of crisp greens, poached fish, seasoned game, and a selection of fine desserts. Servants continue to bustle about in the neverending quest to keep goblets full and move discarded plates to the kitchen. The master chef Domeros Prinitar proudly announces each course as it arrives.

During the cheerful dinner conversation, the Pathfinders find they have another opportunity to sway the guests.

To Mace's eyes, something seems slightly off...and Flinder keeps getting distracted, feeling as though he's about to walk into a pit trap. Perception checks from Mace and Flinder, please


Two more attempts each. Only one more guest needs to be swayed to complete the task. Salhar is the easiest target, at this point, with the +4 to the attempt still active. Only Flinder and Linarra can attempt to influence him, as they are seated next to him.

Those left to influence are:
Senator Augustyn Naran
Lady Vaelia
Lady Dyrianna
Lord Kerkis
Ambassador Salhar

Additional influence needed to succeed: 1 more NPC

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 0
Thoriel: 0
Mace: 0
Flinder: 0
Célestin: 0

effects:
Lady Darchana: Successfully influenced!
Lord Rothos: Successfully influenced!
Ambassador Salhar: +4 to influence



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Something in the room unsettles Mace. He looks around for anything out of the ordinary...

Perception 1d20 = (17) = 17
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573650. anthropos95
  • 1d20 =
  • (17) =
  • 17
  • Perception
  • Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 am
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Mace notices that somewhere around the dessert service, Orielle has become far less graceful than she was earlier, plodding along workman-like, rather than gliding and lilting as before.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoriel looks to start up a chat with Lady Dyrianna, trying to catch Mace's eye in the process so that they could both work on gaining the woman's favour together.

Leaning in towards the lady, the glamorous elf whispers almost conspiratorially to the woman."My lady, nice to make your acquaintance. I am Thoriel of the Pathfinder Society and this is my companion Mace Silver. How are you enjoying the evening so far? I couldn't go without saying that I love your choice of attire this evening. Extremely stylish...I simply must know the name of your seamstress!"

Looking to use a discovery action on Lady Dyrianna. Any particular check I can use, or should I just try and guess after her initial response?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Lady Dyriana nods graciously to Thoriel, and answers in Elven: "Nice of you to ask, my dear. However, I must keep the name private for now, lest I see my closet dancing at the next ball!"

she's quite receptive to elves (+2 racial bonus), plus RP bonus, = +4 bonus to discovery or influence attempt. Diplomacy is the only choice with her.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleased to hear Lady Dyriana responding in her native tongue, Thoriel easily slips into elven herself. "Ah! Of course, of course...we all must keep our secrets." She gives the woman a knowing wink. "Tell me, what have you heard about this terrible business up at the Worldwound? I hate to think that there could be demons running loose wherever they please. Do you think it's as bad as they say?"

Discovery Action

Diplomacy: 1d20+4+4 = (20) + 4 + 4 = 28
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573867. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4+4 =
  • (20) + 4 + 4 =
  • 28
  • Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:12 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Dyrianna nods sadly. [elvish] "I believe so. In my role as both the Head Hetaera of Calistria and the Consul of the Courtesan’s Guild, I've heard many things. Many of them, true. This Worldwound is a growing problem, I think."

That's the most powerful elven noble house in Absalom, by the way. They are considered snobbish, rich, and probably sitting on a ton of secrets.

Discovery success! Thoriel is now at +8 for a Diplomacy influence check on Lady Dyrianna.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoriel gasps in pleasant surprise and instinctively reaches out and clasps the woman's hand as she reveals that she was the head of the local Calistrian temple. [elvish]"Oh, my! I should have known. I too have had the pleasure and privilege to serve our Lady Calistria, the Savored Sting...for several years in fact. Back in Taldor that was. I grew up here in Absalom, but it was as a sacred courtesan that I feel I really came into my own. Are you expecting to engage in any worship tonight?" Thoriel shares a cheeky smile and another wink with the woman.

"But, I'm afraid I'm not here for pleasure this evening. I'm actually representing the Pathfinder Society along with my friends. Some of our Society's leaders are planning on putting a motion before Council tomorrow to raise an army to send to the Worldwound. It would mean a lot to me if you were to cast your vote in its favour! The world as we know it could be in danger should we lose the battle up there!"

Influence Check

Diplomacy: 1d20+3+8 = (16) + 3 + 8 = 27
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 573897. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3+8 =
  • (16) + 3 + 8 =
  • 27
  • Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 pm
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as things are progressing nicely between Lady Dyriana and Thoriel, Mace politely excuses himself from the table and makes his way over to Orielle.

"My Dear, are you well? You seem as if something has overtaken you."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Lady Dyrianna smiles at at Thoriel, saying [elvish] "Very well, you may have my vote, Thoriel of Absalom, lately of Taldor. As to the other matter...we can discuss that at a later time."

primary mission complete--influence gained! Now, to not lose it...


Meanwhile, as Mace attempts to get up to follow Orielle, Major Maldris coughs gently and makes a toast, effectively stopping Mace at his chair. After a few more toasts to the appropriate entities, coffee and drinks are brought out; the formal dining portion over, allowing people to get up from the table and wander back into the parlor for a less formal part of the evening.

The soft sounds of servants clearing dessert dishes and esteemed guests shuffling about to hobnob with their peers echoes in the dining room as Major Colson Maldris furtively glances about before speaking in a whisper to the group. "Good, you noticed as well. I have watched a handful of the servants, and I can tell you with some authority that a few appear to be under the effects of enchantment magic. They have not expressed any hostility, but this strikes me as the precursor of something far more dangerous.

“In a moment, Damien Blakros will introduce the esteemed Genedair, a veteran of the Mendevian Crusades and a guest of honor at tonight’s festivities. I trust that his speech will be suitably engaging to give you an opportunity to slip away and check the rest of the manor. If there is anything amiss, deal with any immediate concerns and then report back to me."


He spares a moment to glance back at the guests milling around before adding, "Under no circumstances are you to upset the guests. You've done too well influencing them to spoil it now. I will keep Lady Morilla apprised of the situation, and together we will decide what to do in the event of trouble. The feast must go on without any disruption, and I will stay with the guest to ensure that happens, and provide what cover I may."

As he says this, Damien Blakros begins introducing Genedair in the other room. With a last look, Major Maldris salutes and says, "You have perhaps half an hour," then slips back through the door to rejoin the party in the salon.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the group is currently alone in the dining room (area 6), the guests have moved to the parlor (area 4), and the staff is serving there or in the kitchen (area 7), cleaning.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
 
1. Stable: The stable currently houses the mounts belonging to the Blakroses. Seven
stable hands are bustling about, getting ready to care for the animals they expect to show up soon.

2. Kennel: The kennel is a roofed, open-walled structure surrounded by a 5-foot-high wooden fence. It is home to five wolf hounds owned by Oved Blakros. "The hounds are well-trained show dogs. They may look tough, but unless being licked can kill you, they are harmless."

3. Great Hall: This massive entry hall is well lit and sparsely furnished. The fireplace on the east wall is large enough for an adult human to stand inside. Mounted on the wall above the fireplace is the stuffed head of a largesized draconic creature with shiny blue-green scales. Four house guards are posted here, one in each corner.

4. Salon: Several comfortable chairs and sofas sit in this well-lit room, a place for guests to relax, enjoy music, and conversation. A string quartet from the esteemed White Grotto bardic college has set up in the northwest corner.

5. Study: This room contains a large desk, three leather chairs, and cabinets containing various curios and minor art objects.

6. Dining Hall: This spacious room is heated by a large fireplace and lit by two massive crystal chandeliers. The walls are decorated with painted murals of horses galloping through vast green plains. The largest feature in the room is a huge, U-shaped oaken table, where servants are getting the place settings finalized.

7. Kitchen: The kitchen features two large fireplaces, a wide oaken table, and numerous wall mounted counters and cabinets. A staff of six cooks are beign bossed around by a seventh foul-mouthed person. "Domeros Prinitar, a supposedly renowned master chef." Tespren rolls his eyes.

8. Pantry: The pantry is well stocked

9. Storage Closet: This room contains tools, linens, barrels of water, and other mundane items.

10. Shrine: The dusty, somewhat neglected shrine features marble statues of the gods Abadar, Calistria, Desna, and Shelyn. A small brass brazier burns fragrant incense.

11. Privy: This room holds a porcelain toilet, a wallmounted
wash basin filled with rose-scented water, and a rack of hand towels. A small brass oil lamp on the ceiling provides plenty of light.

12. Smoking Room: A cabinet holds a rack of scrimshaw, clay, and ivory pipes, pouches of mundane and exotic pipeweed, and a box of expensive cigars from Ilizmagorti.

13. Garden: A cobblestone path winds through the gardens and opens into a well-trimmed lawn bordered by shady trees to the east and west, a flowering hedge to the north, and a tall stone wall to the south. A wooden gazebo sits near the back of the open area.

14. Wine Cellar: Wooden racks line the walls and alcoves of the wine cellar holding hundreds of bottles of wine from across the Inner Sea, including several vintages the group recognizes as worth over 100 gp a piece. A fieldstone-rimmed well stands in the western alcove. The well is covered by a heavy oaken lid and is locked. A wooden bucket attached to a 60-foot length of silk rope sits atop the well’s lid.

15. Trophy Hall and Gallery: This large open area has a polished hardwood floor. The walls contain the manor’s best paintings and trophy heads, including Blakros family portraits dating back centuries.

16. Drawing Room: This room contains a billiards table, a rack of pool cues, a couch, several chairs, and a fireplace. Long, white dust cloths cover all of the furniture.

17. Guest Bedroom: This room contains a fireplace, a bed, and a dresser. Long, white dust cloths cover all of the furniture.

18. Serving Maids’ Quarters: Three double-bunks occupy this room, along with six small wicker chests.

19. Library: This library has comfortable chairs
surrounded by shelves of books.

20. Master Bedroom: Everything in this luxuriously furnished room is covered in long white dust cloths.

21. Private Bathroom: Similar to area 11, this room also contains a vanity table and mirror and a large porcelain bathtub.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [12] |