Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-03: The Hellknight's Feast» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's PFS game #5-3: The Hellknight's Feast IC thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for influence, but if I've missed the point and I should be trying to influence her for something specific rather than just try and gain her favour, then let me know.

Perhaps next time I should just stick with good old Diplomacy instead of trying something too fancy (or stupid).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
I was hoping for influence, but if I've missed the point and I should be trying to influence her for something specific rather than just try and gain her favour, then let me know.

Perhaps next time I should just stick with good old Diplomacy instead of trying something too fancy (or stupid).

You can definitely go for either, though in this case a Discovery check uses Spellcraft, where Influence is Know:arcana or diplomacy (or bluff). You'll get the +2 RP to the roll in any case. Since everyone only gets 2 tries for now, I don't want to assume when its being used (or how).

Plus, what Thoriel is attempting will, obviously, effect her answer.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the tips Eddie. I guess discovery it is then. Let's see what comes out of that and perhaps Thoriel can then back it up with a know (arcana) for influence after that.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Darchana nods at Thoriel's remarks, yet looks slightly amused.

"Well, as the Spell Lord of Absalom and the Archdean of the Arcanamirium, I find I'm a bit in favor of 'book theory' as you put it. It does have many practical applications, after all. For example, without book study, the implications of the wardstones having fallen would not be fully understood. People here think only those next to the Worldwound are in danger. Far from true. There is almost nothing preventing the Worldwound’s demons from teleporting freely about Golarion. Hopefully, I can educate people in time to the folly of their dangerous self-interest. I'm glad to see Pathfinders such as yourself are willing to step into the fray, however."


Discovery worked! She will now be easier (+4 to the check) to influence for everyone.

Influence score:
Lord Rothos: talking with Célesin and Linarra
Senator Augustyn Naran: unoccupied
Lady Vaelia: talking with Mace
Lady Dyrianna: unoccupied
Lady Darchana: talking with Thoriel
Lord Kerkis: unoccupied
Ambassador Salhar: unoccupied

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 1
Thoriel: 1

effects:
Lady Darchana: +4 bonus to influence attempt


the pre-dinner party lasts about an hour--time for everyone to user their two attempts. When everyone is done trying (because they are out of chances, or don't want to do it), we'll move on to dinner.


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my Diplomacy rolls for influence already--I wasn't sure what I really should be doing. Should I keep my early rolls or try one more time?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anthropos95 wrote:
I made my Diplomacy rolls for influence already--I wasn't sure what I really should be doing. Should I keep my early rolls or try one more time?

Ah, I see what you mean. It's fine as is, I'll just fill in a few bits.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace's continued efforts with Lady Vaelia and her odd butler seem ineffective--she's obviously not easy to impress, and must have an agenda of her own.

As the conversation grew awkward with her, he moved on to the Senator, who seemed far more intereseted in snacks than anything he had to say, unfortunately. Why was the man there? Mace wondered, just for the free food?



Influence score:
Lord Rothos: talking with Célesin and Linarra
Senator Augustyn Naran: unoccupied
Lady Vaelia: unoccupied
Lady Dyrianna: unoccupied
Lady Darchana: talking with Thoriel
Lord Kerkis: unoccupied
Ambassador Salhar: unoccupied

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 1
Thoriel: 1
Mace: 2

effects:
Lady Darchana: +4 bonus to influence attempt

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder Fizzlefinger

Flinder thinks Salhar is the one to approach. First he looks at him, then approaches him and makes a respectful bow.

"Good day, I'm delighted to see fellow Osirian here, yes. Splendid here, yes, isn't it?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ambassador Salhar nods to Flinder politely. "Good day. Yes, the Blakros family never fails to entertain. Sadly, their taste in guests isn't always so excellent." He glares towards Maj Maldris adn Lady Morilla, evidentally not a fan of theirs.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Linarra will stay and chat with Lord Rothos, regaling him with tales of when she served in Westcrown's regidottari, and her adventures with the pathfinders.

Did my discovery check fail? Or did I make an influence check? Did I find out if he can be influenced?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Linarra will stay and chat with Lord Rothos, regaling him with tales of when she served in Westcrown's regidottari, and her adventures with the pathfinders.

Did my discovery check fail? Or did I make an influence check? Did I find out if he can be influenced?

the roll was too low for anything, sadly
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A slight reddish blush enters Thoriel's cheeks as Lady Darchana reveals she is the head of the Arcanamirium, but she tries to retain her composure. "Oh, well yes...er, when you put it like that I can see how a theoretical knowledge can be so important. I certainly meant no offence. In the heat of battle I guess I don't stop to think how much time must have been spent discovering and refining each spell that I cast, not to mention the knowledge about the horrors we face, or as you say things like the Worldwound."

With a look across the room at her companions to see if she catches someone's eye to perhaps step in and assist if required, the elven magus presses on to the point of the matter. "Speaking of the Worldwound, I am Thoriel of the Pathfinder Society...forgive me for not introducing myself properly before. Our Society has recently been engaged in that demon-infested region and we have seen firsthand the effects of the Wardstone's failure. As you say, the demons are starting to make their way into Mendev in much greater numbers. As such we have committed ourselves to aiding the Fifth Crusade in their efforts to stem the flow of this tide.

In fact some of our leaders are currently planning to put forward a motion to the Grand Council to support their request to send an army to Mendev at once. If I could be so bold, may I ask whether you would be prepared to throw your vote behind such a proposal? Such a person as yourself, with your great knowledge of the Wardstone's importance and the effects of their failure, would I am sure have great sway in any debate on the matter. Without arcane knowledge and spellcasters uniting against the demons, I fear what could happen to the world as we know it!"

Know (arcana): 1d20+9+4 = (18) + 9 + 4 = 31
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 570722. greenclaw
  • 1d20+9+4 =
  • (18) + 9 + 4 =
  • 31
  • Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:25 am
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Darchana nods as Thoriel speaks. "Indeed, I am pleased to hear this. If such a proposal would be made, it is only logical to support it. Unless people want long-term visitors from the Worldwound, that is. Indeed, the Pathfinders, or anyone, who proposes such an endevavor will have my support."


Influence score:
Lord Rothos: talking with Célesin and Linarra
Senator Augustyn Naran: unoccupied
Lady Vaelia: unoccupied
Lady Dyrianna: unoccupied
Lord Kerkis: unoccupied
Ambassador Salhar: unoccupied

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 1
Thoriel: 2
Mace: 2
Flinder: 0
Célestin: 0

effects:
Lady Darchana: Successfully influenced!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Al right, since my discovery failed, I'll use my second attempt to try and influence Lord Rothos. I assume I still have the bonusses? Or actually, I'll just aid Célestin, since my +2 Diplomacy will probably do little good here.

Diplomacy: 1d20+2+2+2 = (8) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 14
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 570839. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2+2+2 =
  • (8) + 2 + 2 + 2 =
  • 14
  • Diplomacy:
  • Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:32 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Er...was Célestin's opening diplomacy attempt using one of his influence checks? The group doesnt' get many, so I won't assume anyone is unless they declare it, much like an attack.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder would like to gain an advantage by studying Salhar while doing small talk, Discovery 1d20 = (15) = 15 before attempting to influence him.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 570982. Narl
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • 15
  • Discovery
  • Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:53 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narl wrote:
Flinder would like to gain an advantage by studying Salhar while doing small talk, Narl previously rolled 1d20 = (15) = 15 (Discovery) before attempting to influence him.

in that case, he needs to roll a Sense Motive *or* know(local). DC 14--which, I'm happy to take the unmodified roll for above, if that was your intent
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
assuming that's' the case...

Flinder, watching and listening to him curse about the Venture Captains, figures out Salhar’s support of the Pathfinder Society has been tested with the Ruby Prince’s recent dismissal of Salhar’s longtime advisor, the Sapphire Sage Amenopheus. In response, Salhar has made several public remarks condemning the Pathfinder Society for its hand in promoting such intrigue, going so far as to claim that the Society orchestrated Amenopheus’s dismissal in order to undermine his efforts. As a result, Salhar has a strong distrust of any Pathfinder and reserves a special distaste for Major Maldris and Lady Morilla, whom he views as complicit in the scheming; however, even he cannot deny what happens to empires that do not band together to face external threats. Still, he's not likely to be easy to influence. Possible, but difficult.

which gives Flinder and everyoen else a +4 to influence him with bluff or diplomacy.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The paladin, failing to make any ground, searches out the musicians and offers to sing...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anthropos95 wrote:
The paladin, failing to make any ground, searches out the musicians and offers to sing...

His offer is politely rebuffed, but Orielle, one of the Blakors family raven-haired serving maids, chosen for her graceful movement and cheerful demeanor, winks at Mace as he offers, whispering "Maybe later we can help each other sing, eh?"

Lord Rothos: talking with Célesin and Linarra
Senator Augustyn Naran: unoccupied
Lady Vaelia: unoccupied
Lady Dyrianna: unoccupied
Lord Kerkis: unoccupied
Ambassador Salhar: unoccupied

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 1
Thoriel: 2
Mace: 2
Flinder: 1
Célestin: 0

effects:
Lady Darchana: Successfully influenced!
Ambassador Salhar: +4 to influence
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:


His offer is politely rebuffed, but Orielle, one of the Blakors family raven-haired serving maids, chosen for her graceful movement and cheerful demeanor, winks at Mace as he offers, whispering "Maybe later we can help each other sing, eh?"

"My lady, that might be a duet to make even the gods jealous." Mace begins to hum the tune of a popular--and bawdy--tavern song.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
Er...was Célestin's opening diplomacy attempt using one of his influence checks? The group doesnt' get many, so I won't assume anyone is unless they declare it, much like an attack.

Well, actually, he was, at least this is what I thought when I rolled. I should have mentioned it, sorry.

In reply to Lord Rothos, Célestin says:

My apologies Lord Rothos, I did not want to give you the impression I was raising above my stations.

Now, as for my own stories, I do have quite a few I can tell, like... Let me think... Should I speak about the dungeons of Thornkeep? Hmmm... Too dull.

Ah! Yes! Actually, I can tell you how my fellow Pathfinder and I halped save the wedding of our most honourable hosts, Madam Michellia Blakros and Sir Damian Kastner.


Célestin then goes on to tell the event of Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-09: The Blakros Matrimony, shortening some bits so as not to bore Lord Rothos.

Perhaps the text in the Blakros Matrimony Chronicle Sheet might help as well:
http://rpggeek.com/image/1739200/shadow-hexagram


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Orielle winks and returns to her serving duties, leaving Mace to be glared at by the musicians for humming while they play.

Meanwhile, Célestin's discussion with Lord Rothos is proving useful, and he enjoys hearing the old battle stories. It takes little to covince him of the Worldwound threat, and by the time Célestin finishes, he's agreed to provide support.


Orielle bows gracefully to everyone, and announces "Lords and Ladies, dinner will be served in 10 minutes."



Senator Augustyn Naran: unoccupied
Lady Vaelia: unoccupied
Lady Dyrianna: unoccupied
Lord Kerkis: unoccupied
Ambassador Salhar: unoccupied

Attempts used (two each allowed):
Linarra: 1
Thoriel: 2
Mace: 2
Flinder: 1
Célestin: 1

effects:
Lady Darchana: Successfully influenced!
Lord Rothos: Successfully influenced!
Ambassador Salhar: +4 to influence
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I understand yes, if I may take leave a moment yes? I have friends who may be interested in your stories too."

Flinder will turn to Mace, together they may be able to convince Salhar. Flinder's own diplomatic or bluff skills have been neglected for a long time. Flinder will try anyway but hopes he can have some help, he knows Salhar is of a strong mind.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Flinder easily finds Mace--he's the one humming alarmingly bawdy tavern songs in the dining hall.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |