Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
700 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

Fangwood Keep» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS - Bearpaw's Fangwood Keep [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pathfinder [+] Pbf [+] RPG-thread [+] [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC thread.

This is the IC (in-character) thread for a PFS sanctioned game, running through Fangwood Keep. For more information on Pathfinder Society Games on RPGG, check out our guild here.

Players:

whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Characters:

Character Player Class/Level Faction PFS #

Soran anoirtrou Monk 4 Grand Lodge 36699-2
Soren'thael Hadda Ranger 2/Inquisitor 1 Andoran 89983-2
Rufael cocuzzi Alchemist 3 Osirion 87646-4
Borstain Casterson Unknown Ediology Paladin 4 Taldor 53785-3
Desini greenclaw Sorcerer 3 Cheliax 74677-8
Jacob Narl XXXXX Andoran 52765-5


Nitty gritty

- Aim for one post a day. I may bot you through combat if you take a long time to reply. Obviously if you're unable to post for a time just let me know and we'll work around it, not a problem.
- For combat, I'll post maps via Google drive that everyone can access and edit.
- Thumb every post, so if your character has nothing to contribute to the current scene, I know that at least you're following along.
- Subscribe to this thread!
- Most importantly, have fun!

IC posts:

- Descriptive text for your character actions in plain black.
- "Character speech" for what your character says in bold and in quotes, possibly in a different color for every player.
- Thoughts what your character is thinking, italicized.
- OOC (use [ ooc ] [ /ooc ] tags, comes out grey) for OOC questions and information that is directly relevant to what is going on in game.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ramshackle wooden city of Tamran sits perched at the mouth of the River Marideth, with much of the city built on piers and pilings over the broad marshlands of the estuary, connected by causeways, bridges, and a flotilla of coracles and skiffs. The fortifications that once guarded the approaches to Tamran were torn down by the Nirmathi themselves during the Freedom War, making Tamran a nigh-indefensible open city. Whenever Molthune threatens, Nirmathi soldiers could melt into the wild and the populace could surrender, but Tamran’s proximity to the river and marshes allowed Nirmathi guerillas to infiltrate the city at will. Molthune has “captured” Tamran on five separate occasions, but each time it found holding the city too costly and fruitless. Even when the Molthuni burned the city in frustration at the end of their last occupation, the Nirmathi rebuilt it within a year. Nirmathi proudly look to their humble city as a symbol of their tenacity, cleverness, and resilience.

It has only been a few days since the Tamran garrison pulled down the entire Razmiran temple, and already life seems to have returned to normal. The Nirmathi people appear to be quite resilient indeed.

Once things quieted down, Forest Marshal Weslen Gavirk was quick to invite you to a meeting. Prominent Nirmathi leaders and soldiers gather every few years to elect a Forest Marshal to act as leader for their military forces, and Weslen Gavirk appears to be a compassionate and determined man.

"Tamran, indeed, the entirety of Nirmathas, is in your debt. I have always distrusted the Razmirans, but I had no idea they had sunk their claws into some of the local guards. Be assured that these rotten apples will all be rooted out. Now, if I understand correctly, the leader of this local cell escaped, but your intent is to pursue this..." he pauses as he checks a sheaf of papers on his modest desk, "Iramine is it, an elven sorceress? She mentioned Fangwood Keep, which is a border fort located in the Marideth River valley, right on the border with Molthune. I have no idea what she hopes to find there."

"Normally, we have some rangers stationed there. Unfortunately, I've learned through my Chernasardo scouts, that there's recently been a Molthuni incursion there. Much blood has been spilt over Fangwood Keep already, so if you're willing, perhaps sending a neutral party to reclaim the castle can stem further violence surrounding its occupance. According to my intel, the keep has been taken by a rogue Molthuni commander, who has slain numerous Nirmathi soldiers in their raid. We have no clues as to the troops' specific station within the Molthuni military, but they bear the sign of a mailed fist grasping a broken arrow."

"My scouts report that the force was about 30 strong, and its apparant commander has frequently been seen alongside a changeling spellcaster of some sort. If I might suggest a course of action, employing stealth would be advisable, since taking on a force of that size in a fortified position, is almost certainly a guarantee for defeat. The good news however, is that there are some secret entrances that the Molthuni might not be aware of yet. Near the northern side of the keep, outside of the outer wall, stands a stone, engraved with four interwoven circles. This is a marker for one of the secret entrances. The second entrance lies inside the outer wall, and is unmarked, so your best bet is probably the other one."

"I will work with the other Nirmathi leaders, and organize a larger force to garrison the base once you've reclaimed it. Be careful, good luck with finding your elf, and come back safely."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rufael nods in acknowledgement, the clinking and rattling accompanying his action indicative of the quantity of flasks about his person. He wears a baggier-than-necessary robe which obscures a good deal of his equipment from immediate viewing, and the extra arm he doesn't want to explain yet.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Soren adjusts his newly enchanted sword, Ebon Sting and address the Forest Marshal

"Forest Marshal Gavirk, you can count on us to do what must be done. I for one, want to see this through to the end."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soran bows to the Marshall, replying in a soft voice "We thank you graciously for the information. It will make our job much easier, and hopefully avoid needless loss of life."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desini is an exotically attractive, lightly garbed woman with long braided black hair, olive complexion and sparkling green serpentine eyes. On one arm she has tattoed a snake wrapped down the length of her forearm, on the other a strangely mesmering spiraling pattern.

With a strangely alluring sibilant hiss-like voice she whispers to the snake tattoo on her arm and gently caresses it. "Ssevesstra! Time to come out and play!" Instantly the tattoo seems to flow out of her skin and is soon a live green viper slithering up her arm and around her shoulders. It hisses back at its mistress.

"Yes of course you can ssstay out for a..." The young girl stops for a moment, seemingly surprised that she understood what her familiar just said and then smiles widely and strokes the reptiles back before diverting her attention back to the group.

"Did you sssay the ssspellcasster wasss a 'changeling'? Where I come from I haven't come acrossss one of their kind. Iss there anything we ssshould know about them or are they fairly mundane?"

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bortsain pays only minimal heed to the directions; instead looking over his own personage to assure that everything was as it should be - his wrist-sheathes loaded with his wands, his scrolls easily accessible around his belt and sash, and that his hair was immaculately placed. Content that he was ready, Borstain glanced about at his companions. Several he had heard about from other comrades and friends, while some were completely unknown to him.

Seeing Soran, Borstain walked up to say hello. As he was about to clap the man on the back, Borstain recalled what his old friend, Mat'honrye, had said about the monk, and quickly pulled his hand back. "Well, Soran, my friend; when I was told you'd be on this job as well, an old friend told me you did like to be touched. So, how would you prefer I tend to your wounds? Via a wand, and nothing more?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soran gives Borstain a small smile. "Thank you, that would be most kind of you. I wish Mat had been available to join us, he definitely makes our journeys... Interesting.

I look forward to getting to know you, all of you, better. There are certain Vows my order is dedicated to and I have learned that others sometimes do not understand my ways. I hope none of you will take any of my actions personally; I mean no insult."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rufael nods to Soran, "I am awkwardly in the same position," he says, gesturing with both hands as a third hand appears out of his robe holding a finely decorated flask.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Soren

"Well, I guess introductions are in order, since we have acquired a few new hands since we started this grand adventure. I am Soren’thael the Blackhand, most people call me Soren for short, though that may cause some confusion with our new unit, so, if you feel more comfortable, you can call me Blackhand."

Soren raises his right hand, showing off a elbow length black glove with yellow stripes along the forearm.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'll be honest, I'm quite unfamiliar with changelings. Rumor has it they're supposed to be descendents of witch-hags, and they're nearly always women with dark hair and very pale skin, but apart from that," he trails off and shrugs apologetically.

"That reminds me, I've procured some supplies for you that you might find useful as well," he adds, and pushes a small sack towards you.

At Rufael's sudden reveal of an extra arm, the Forest Marshall raises both eyebrows and looks away, but has the courtesy to leave it unaddressed.

Inside, you find two elixirs of hiding, a scroll of knock, and a scroll of hold portal.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soran looks at Rufael with polite interest.

"I have not read anything about a humanoid race with three arms. Is it natural to your people, or are you born of the half-elves and the appendage a gift of the Gods?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob is pleased to see a reasonably large group to work with and he's grateful for it. The assignment is a dangerous one. He looks at his bow, will it help him enough against the magic user they seek? In his mind he is going over how they could proceed but they'd better see when they get closer.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rufael grimaces. " I sort of ... built this arm. It was part of an experiment. It's awkward, but I'm Quixote pleased with the functionality, you see. It makes bomb throwing substantially easier.

I'm Rufael by the way. Rufael the Alchemist. I have a few items to pass around, just give me a few moments before we head out on our way. "


edit: finally got a chance to look at the alchemical items lists. here's what Rufael crafted prior to this scenario:
6 Acid
6 Alchemist's Fire
4 Alkali Flask
3 Candlerod
3 Tindertwig
1 Smelling Salts
3 Antiplauge
3 Antitoxin
3 Bladeguard
3 Impact Foam


Rufael opens his bag of alchemical death and offers the group everything except the Impact Foam and Smelling Salts.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borstain gives Rufael a firm clap on the back as he hears the explanation of the third-arm. Nodding towards it, Borstain responds, "Well, if you ever need that removed, just let me know. I can use a flaming bone saw to remove it and cauterize it at the same time!" He breaks into a hearty chuckle as his gaze sweeps to take in the rest of the group.

"Borstain Casterson, son of the Casteron-line of shipwrights, dating back to the founding of Cassomir. The Society sent me up here to make sure you all don't fall apart too badly. I'll do my best to keep you on your feet, but please don't do anything too stupid or brash!"

Turning back to the Marshal, Borstain poses a single question, "Now, my good sir, you mentioned having troops ready to garrison the Keep once we've liberated it. Is it possible for your to send a few rangers to distract some of the guards stationed there? Perhaps draw a patrol or two away from the keep to give chase to your men?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Forest Marshal grimaces at Borstain's question. "I understand that would be very helpful, however you have to understand the delicate situation that this is. No matter how much I dislike politics, there are certain complications to keep in mind. Fangwood Keep is the subject of a very fragile agreement between Nirmathas and Molthune, and is supposed to be occupied by us. This Molthune commander appears to have gone rogue for some reason, so my hope is that a neutral party can resolve this issue without hostilities breaking out again. You see, officially, the war between Nirmathas and Molthune is over, but the sad truth is that it's merely holding its breath."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Soren

"I understand all too well, Forest Marshal. We will make due with what we have and complete the mission."

Turning to his fellow Pathfinders

"Well, if there is no more questions, shall we be on our way?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borstain nods sagely at the Marshal's response. "Ah, yes. The posturing and preening of politics. I know it all too well. A favorite passtime of my home, you see. Very well. Let us clear this Keep, be it by sword, flame, or tongue!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yesss, by the tongue would be nice!" Desini agrees, her own forked tongue flicking across her lips as she speaks. "...but if they can't be ssswayed then I will help you clear them out by whatever meansss necesssary!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob raises his voice a little. This rogue Molthuni commander, does he have a name? Is there any information about him that may be useful to us?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"We know very little about him, and what we do know, I have already relayed to you," Gavirk answers Jacob.

With that, the party leaves the relative safety of Tamran behind, and start the trek into the Fangwood, a wild forest consisting of a mix of fir, spruce, and maple trees. The deeper reaches of the forest are full of fir and thick underbrush; and the deep shadows and still air give the forest and ancient and unnatural feeling.

Your trek through the forest has taken the better part of four days, when you finally emerge at the northern edge of the shadowy Southern Chernasardo, where the wide Marideth River valley seperates the large forest to the north from its smaller southern spur.

The war in the Chernasardo—the borderland between Nirmathas to the north and Molthune to the south—has been going on for decades, yet the land here looks as it has for thousands of years: a winding stretch of forested river valleys and wind-swept hills, dotted with the occasional settlement of lumberers and farmers.

A few hours before dusk, the forest thins out ahead, revealing a wide river valley cleared of trees. The path descends for a quarter mile to a single stone bridge that spans the river, and then continues up a small hill. Atop this barren hill sits a small, two-story fort surrounded by a thick, partially collapsed outer wall.

Everyone gets a Perception check.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Soren'thael the Blackhand

Perception 1d20+8 = (9) + 8 = 17
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 563641. Hadda
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (9) + 8 =
  • 17
  • Perception
  • Wed Jul 2, 2014 9:35 pm
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob Danvil

Perception 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 563642. Narl
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Perception
  • Wed Jul 2, 2014 9:47 pm
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rufael Perception
1d20+7 = (17) + 7 = 24
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 563643. cocuzzi
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (17) + 7 =
  • 24
  • Wed Jul 2, 2014 9:48 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rufael sees multiple humanoid figures moving about on the upper ramparts of the keep, and there are additional individuals stationed at the break in the surrounding wall.

The bridge over the Marideth seems to be the only place to easily cross the swiftly flowing river, though it is also obviously well within sight of anyone stationed on the keep's ramparts.

Anyone with ranks in Knowledge (geography) can make a check.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |