Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see,

I've been a GM in one game - http://rpggeek.com/thread/634094/call-of-cthulhu-a-day-on-th...

And a player in three - http://rpggeek.com/thread/693490/the-jericho-vigil-ooc, http://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/Alexandr_Zaitzev and a Pathfinder game that I can't find.

That should be four points, and Copper for me, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played / ran 15 games (see profile), so gold. I don't think any of the games ran for more than a year. 1 of them probably didn't take 3 months to fail, but it doesn't matter. Still above 10.

I think the levels for silver and gold are a little low. Any ideas for next levels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the next levels have been discussed at all. Maybe we do need some extra levels?

The current levels were left a bit lower because achieving even those is an accomplishment, given the fizzling out rate with PbF games. Right now 54 people have the Copper one and only 26 the Golden one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but that is almost a 2:1 ratio (copper to gold) meaning there is a lot of gold level compared to the number of copper. If I take e.g. session reports, then I have a 36:1 ratio, images is 8:1 (and images is a lot easier so this ratio is expected to be higher).

Not that it matters much. As long as it makes people play more PBF games to get to the next level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
Yeah, but that is almost a 2:1 ratio (copper to gold) meaning there is a lot of gold level compared to the number of copper. If I take e.g. session reports, then I have a 36:1 ratio, images is 8:1.
Can't argue with that, can I laugh

Kwakkie wrote:
Not that it matters much. As long as it makes people play more PBF games to get to the next level.
That is the main goal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran a Mutants & Masterminds Third Edition game from 1 April 2011 to 30 April 2012 (here, here, and here). (2 points)

I ran two tables of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying for the RPG Geek Play by Forum Initative - 2013 Edition (here and here) (2 points)

I played in Sam's Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition) game from August 2011 to January 2013 (here). (2 points)

I am playing in Brian's Amber Diceless Role-Playing game since December 2011 (here, here, and here). (2 points)

I played in Andrew's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (1st Edition) game (as a replacement player) from June 2012 to March 2013 (here and here). (1 point)

I played in Karl's Marvel Heroic Roleplaying adventure to completion in a very fast two months (here). (1 point)

I played in a Fiasco game of All the Damn Time to completion (here). (1 point)

I played in a Fiasco game of MJ Harnish's The Dungeon Delve to completion (here). (1 point)

And playtested Andrew's Time Heroes (which would eventually become Time Heroes when reworked to Fate Core) from March to August of 2012 (here). (1 point)

So 13 points for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm at 15, so enough for gold. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmb
No Name Adventure - IC Thread (completed, Mar 7, 2012 - Aug 7, 2013)

Table 1: Into the Shadowhaunt - IC (completed, Jun 10, 2012 - Feb 16, 2013)

The Year of Awakening - IC (stalled, but lasted almost a year Aug 23, 2012 - Jul 4, 2013)

[IC] Black Fang's Dungeon (completed, Mar 26, 2012 - Feb 25, 2013)

The Wizard's Tower - IC (Table 1) (completed, Mar 6, 2014 - Apr 23, 2014)

So, 6 points. It makes it silver.

Thanks for the idea! Now I'll strive for golden
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Some day I really ought to construct a catalog of the games I've participated in. I've got some of that data scattered in a few places, but it's not up-to-date, and there's no central index anywhere. Off the top of my head...

- I've GM'ed seven Pathfinder games to completion.
- I've played in dozens of Pathfinder Society games that ran to completion.
- I'm playing in two Pathfinder Adventure Paths which I believe have been going for more than a year.
- I've played in three Pathfinder Adventure Paths that ended prematurely, but I think only one of these probably lasted more than three months.
- I've played a couple of non-Pathfinder games which ran to completion, a couple more that ended prematurely, and a couple more that are still going. I'd have to check how many months the ones that didn't complete ran (or have been running).

If an exact point count is necessary to apply for the microbadge, then it may be a while before I can apply. But it sure looks like I qualify for the gold badge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Unexpectedly I'm at the gold level. Here are ten qualifying games:

Call of Cthulhu: Sucker Punch
Fiasco: Hogzilla
Fiasco: The Bull
Basic D&D: Threats of the Past
Amber: Relative Pressure
Fighting Fantasy: The Wishing Well
Rogue Trader: Eye of the Needle
Fiasco: Objective Zebra
Dark Heresy: Shattered Hope
Fiasco: Hogzilla Returns!

I'll just give the badges to myself, then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm, let's see...

Mouse Guard : Patrol Blue
On Patrol
+2 : This one has been running for more than a year. Ongoing.

Savage Worlds : Eye of Kilquato
In-Game
+2 : Ran for over a year before finishing. My first PbF.

tremulus : The Primrose Path
In-Game
+2 : Lasted for just over a year before stalling out completely.

Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple : Lending a Helping Hand
Story
+2 : Ran for just over a year. I should write a new letter for this and resurrect the group - it was fun!

TechNoir : Who's Afraid of the Dystopian Wolf?
In-Game
+2 : Been running for almost two years, and rapidly drawing to a close. I wanna play this system again!

Serenity : Lost in the Black
In-Game
+2 : We had our 12 month anniversary not long ago. Fun and still going strong. You can't stop the signal!

I'm sure there's more, but 12 points aught to do for gold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wood
United States
Frankfort
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.accessiblegames.biz
badge
Author of Psi-punk - Coming Soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at 3 points.

2 points for 2 different Monster Kart Mayhem games.
1 point for Psi-punk.HelperMonkey.com.

I'll have a fourth point coming up when the newest MKM game finishes.

Unfortunately, all of my three or so other PBF games died even before they got started.

So... copper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Munkwunk wrote:
Unfortunately, all of my three or so other PBF games died even before they got started.
soblue That is very sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The One Ring - The Fellowship of Esgaroth - Folly of the old and the young
(completed but a 3 adventure episode) 1pt
Call of Cthulu - Arkham Investigators completed - He became insane in his old age...) 1 pt

Serenity - Lost In The Black (current but longer than 3 months)
1 pt

3 pts for a copper badge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a Geeklist of my current and past PbF games.

5 lasted longer than 3 months, so silver it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
mbmbmbmbmb
8 points, so silver for me please!

Paz's MotFF PbP - In character (Complete)
Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC (Complete)
Paz's WBG! PBF - Killgull Gang - IC (Complete)
Bearpaw's In Service to Lore PBF - IC thread
vestige's Margreve Campaign Master Geeklist (+1 bonus)
Martial Group IC Forum
Greenclaw's 3-25 - Storming the Diamond Gate (IC)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevov
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hereby making a request for copper for a puny 2pts.
mb & mb
My plays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevov wrote:
Hereby making a request for copper for a puny 2pts.
mb & mb
My plays

Not that I mind but I'm not sure if they count towards pbf games for the purpose of the badges. Dave did mention they count for 1 point for the GM's that ran them, but as a player I don't know if they are counted.

wavemotion wrote:
frumpish wrote:
I know they didn't last three months, but I would like to suggest one point to anyone who GMed in one or both of the site wide adventures "Dungeons of Doom" and "Mountains of Madness". The GM's put in a ton of work over that time period.
You are correct - they we're play by forum games and a ton of work. GMs ran many tables during those 2 weeks. They shall count 1 point for each event!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevov
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes some rules lawyering is called for!

Happy to hand back if that's the decision, I certainly don't want to overplay my puny hand.

I interpreted Dave as answering a question over how much GMs should count DoD & MoM for, to head off complication from GMing a large number of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
story trumps rules, I'm a chaotic good GM. I was just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevov wrote:
Ah yes some rules lawyering is called for!
Ruling... it's allowed!

I hate to discourage anyone who might be on the cusp of joining us devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then sign me up for a copper PBF participant badge for Mountains of Madness and Dungeons of Doom.

I take it site wide games will be the only exemption to the three month rule?

Found my Dungeon of Doom play.

Item for Geeklist "The Dungeon of Doom Adventure"

And I found for Mountains of Madness.

Item for Geeklist "The Mountains of Madness - 2P Adventure"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Well then sign me up for a copper PBF participant badge for Mountains of Madness and Dungeons of Doom.

I take it site wide games will be the only exemption to the three month rule?
The rule is 3 months or ran to completion. Those ran to completion. More or less.

I'm not going to openly mention the points for those site-wide adventures (since they had award micros of their own), but I hate to discourage anyone who might otherwise be on the cusp of joining us!

Based upon Nevov's post of integrity below and some reflection, we really should only allow the points for GMs of MoM and DoD. We had participant badges for those so player participation in those site-wide events won't count points here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevov
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, thinking further about this I don't feel right claiming a PBF badge on the strength of only playing DoD/MoM. They after all were site-wide events not PBF, and it's PBF that this is to reward. It doesn't feel satisfying to just waltz in and have a badge without any additional effort.

And if I'm going to get lawyery on myself, the special events were played-by-geeklist not PBF. So I'm handing mb back in until I qualify outright properly.

See you in the PBF threads!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild! I may as well get in on these since PBF has been such a great way to meet people here and learn a bunch about different games

1 Paz's MotFF PbP - Out of character (Complete)
2 Los Angeles, 1936. FIASCO Table #4 (Manipogo)
3 Local Group campaign GM, 2 chapters - 2 points maybe?
4 Margreve Campaign Chapter 1: Hollow (IC)
5 Margreve Campaign Chapter 2: The Honey Queen (IC)
6 Margreve Campaign Chapter 3: The Amber Heart (IC)
7 An Arl's Ransom PBF GM
8 Stratford Sector - In Character, Actual Play
9 Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC (Complete) and then later joined the other group as a stand-in
10 Beneath the city - Ink and Inclination crossed over into the other player's game
11 Dungeon World GM Three-chapter campaign, over 1 year
12 Durance
13 A wild night (still going!)
14 [Alura] OOC Discussion & Rules Queries
15 [IC] Arl's Ransom redux
16 [State] The Lost Valley of Shae Zhu (joined late, still going!)

Plus a good handful of Pathfinder Society games, too! Shooting for Platinum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [38] |