Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
365 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-19: The Horn of Aroden» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PbP Gameday 2: PFS 05-19 The Horn of Aroden (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just a few short days ago you were given a missive from Lady Gloriana Morilla. It read

"Noble Pathfinders,

As the Worldwound's threat grows, the forces of many nations unite with the common goal of beating back the demon horde. I have been building my own army that I intend to field alongside the Pathfinders. In order to increase our numbers and bolster our resolve, we must have a symbol to rally around, one that embodies might equal to that of the golden age of Taldor. My agents have recently discovered that one such item, the Horn of Aroden, has survived since the Age of Enthronement, and is still in the possession of its original owners, House Lebeda. Alas, whatever magic was bestowed on it when it helped to drive Deskari's forces nio the Lak of Mist and Veils has since faded, but through careful study, we may be able to find a way to restore its powers. Dame Sarrona Lebeda has graciously offered to allow us access to this item, though how much access is yet unclear. Ideally, it would remain in possession of the Pathfinder Society while being studied and - gods willing - restored, and then will be sent to the Mendevian front.

Do your best to persuade Dame Lebeda to permit this transer. No doubt she will require some task of you in order for you to claim the Horn of Aroden - one simply does not part with such a treasure on a whim! Remember that she and her family are influential in Brevoy and beyond, and winning their friendship could bring great benefits in the future.

Eagerl anticipating news of your success,
Lady Gloriana Morilla"


Now, you find yoruselves in the town of Silverhall in Brevoy, the fortified capitol of the Lebeda family's territory, on a diplomatic mission for Lady Gloriana Morilla. You sit in the audience hall of Silverhall. A fire burns merrily in the large hearth of the audience chamber, casting warm light over the long wooden table and high-backed chairs. A pair of guards opens the engraved wooden doors, and a regal woman enters, her hair tied into a tight bun. The guards stay by her side as she scans the room and then takes a seat at the head of the table.

"You must be Lady Morilla's Pathfinders. I am Dame Sarrona Lebeda, and I am well aware of your desire for the Horn of Aroden. I am sympathetic to the cause of the crusade, and am curious to learn whether the Horn's magic can be returned; however, the horn has already been pledged to King Noleski Surtova as a fitting part of the dowry for my daughter's hand in marriage, and such promises cannot be overturned lightly. Nonetheless, I am willing to find a replacement gift in exchange for one kindness on your part; bring my son back home.

As of late, my son Lander has been neglecting his duties in favor of playing the part of an adventurer. His swordplay admittedly shows promise, but wielding a weapon is only one facet of being a proper lord. Worse, the style and legacy that he has become obsessed with is that of Baron Aldori, which many houses perceive as a sign that we are not as committed to a unified Brevoy as we may appear. The truancy of a second child may not seem much of a threat, but with his older sister spending her days in the capitol negotiating the web of Surtova politics, the increase of bandit activity and wolf attacks in our lands, and Lander neglecting responsibilities within our holdings, I am concerned that he is as much a liability to our family as an asset. You are adventurous types yourselves, and understand the hazards and difficulties of the lifestyle. Perhaps you could find Lander and convince him that the way of the swords is not the life he romantically envisions!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

"Why not just send your retainers to find Lander?"
"My son is a proud and headstrong individual. Each time one of the household retrieves him, he becomes increasingly resistant to persuasion. I am hoping that he might be more willing to listen to capable strangers."

Where was Lander last seen?
"Lander has taken to associating with a blacksmith named Marek Bogdan. Marek is a retired soldier and a practitioner of the Aldori style, and Lander says he's a fine instructor, but my son spends too many hours at the Three Tongs smithy practicing his swordplay when he should be overseeing our cottars and building alliances. He was headed to the Three Tongs when last I saw him, two days ago."

What bandit problems are you having?
"In the past nine months, bandits have raided no fewer than fifteen caravans headed either to or from Silverhall, most of them belonging to my family. The same gang seems to be bhind all of the attacks - the attacks are precisely planned, and whatever the bandits are unable to take, they set ablaze. I suspect that our family is being targeted specifically because of some political grudge, but I have no leads as to the mastermind's identity."

Why is it a problem that Lander idolizes Baron Aldori?
"Baron Aldori is much more than a man in Brevoy - he's a symbol, specifically one that represents an independent Rostland. Many of Aldori's followers fought against Choral the Conqueror several hundred years ago, and many still work to split the two halves of our country apart. Although the Lebeda family supports the Surtovas' rule over a unified Brevoy, there are those who doubt our commitment. Considering that the Lebeda family gave succor and support to Rostlandic rebels in the past...it is certainly in our best interested to maintain our distance."

What does the Horn of Aroden do?
"Many years ago, it was capable of sounding a note so pure and wondrous that the hearts of goodly folk filled with awe and courage, and the hearts of the wicked filled with fear. It gained these powers when it was blown to sound the arrival of Aroden at the Lake of Mists and Veils, when he shattered the armies of Deskair and drove Deskari's demon avatar into the lake. Alas, whatever magic the horn once contained appears to have been lost with Aroden's disappearance. Now, it is little more than a memento of our family's proud history."

Why is the Horn of Aroden such a fitting gift for the Surtova?
"It is less a matter of the Surtovas desiring the horn itself than it is a symbolic gesture. In the past, the horn was used in battle against forces seeking to unify Brevoy. By giving the Horn as part of my duaghter Elanna's dowry, our family can show the Surtovas that we hold no ambitions to relive the days when our houses were at war. Denying the Surtovas the horn may be seen as equivocation, but the fate of the world is more important than the bickering of nobles."




Feel free to make a Diplomay (gather information), Knowledge (nobility), or Knowledge (local) check!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowledge (Nobility) 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25

Dartanian cannot entirely keep a scowl from his face. Already he is inclined to side with Lander in this matter. But like it or not, he has a job to do. "Lady Lebeda, when you say that Lander idolizes Baron Aldori, are you talking about Siran Aldori, the original Sword Baron?"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 545644. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (19) + 6 =
  • 25
  • Knowledge (Nobility)
  • Mon May 12, 2014 9:28 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pethwen catches the hint of a scowl on Dartanian's face and feels that the man must share some of the same thoughts as herself. A slight frown crosses her angelic faceas well, as her thoughts go out to Landor. All the boy wanted was to follow his heart and feel the thrill of the hunt and adventure. He sounded more like a kindred spirt than one to try and turn away from his dreams.

Instead the free-spirited cleric focusses on the Horn and is visibly excited by its description. "This horn sounds wonderful, I do hope we will get to hear it being blown...or perhaps even blow it one day!"

Once the briefing is over, Pethwen as is her want, spends some time in the local taverns or markets, speaking with the locals to gain more information that might help the group with their quest. Her stunning appearance, warm manner and captivating voice always seem to help people open up about most anything that's on their mind.

Enhanced Diplomacy: 1d20+11+2 = (17) + 11 + 2 = 30
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 545790. greenclaw
  • 1d20+11+2 =
  • (17) + 11 + 2 =
  • 30
  • Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 am
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadrun is a little torn - she has seen the damage an irresponsible ruler can cause but also values each person's freedom to live their own life. She tries to figure out how important it is that this particular boy settle down rather than taking off adventuring.
"If your daughter is going to marry the king, will your son need to lead your own people one day?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25 (Knowledge (Nobility))

Dartanian cannot entirely keep a scowl from his face. Already he is inclined to side with Lander in this matter. But like it or not, he has a job to do. "Lady Lebeda, when you say that Lander idolizes Baron Aldori, are you talking about Siran Aldori, the original Sword Baron?"



Lady Lebeda offers Dartanian a small smile, her eyes glancing down to take in the familiar sword hanging from his hips. "Lander has always been fascinated by stories of bravery and derring-do. When he was a child, he spent hours questioning soldiers, guards, and mercenaries about their campaigns and fights against monsters. His collection of Brevic military histories is second to none in Silverhall. And therefore, yes, the same Siran Aldori. And while I do not fault the man's prowess or character; as I stated, it is the symbol of what he has come to represent that is frowned upon. As a Taldan; surely you must understand the necessity of appearances in the game of politics and alliances. We prefer to appear a unified Brevoy; rather than backing the separatist ideology."

Dartanian manages to recall a few tidbits he has heard about the boy, Lander. Word is he is a good looking lad, and has caught the eye of several noble scions in Silverhall. Dartanian recalls hearing that Lander was recently seen slaughtering dire rats and other urban vermin with a finely made sword - hardly proper behavior for a young lord!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Pethwen catches the hint of a scowl on Dartanian's face and feels that the man must share some of the same thoughts as herself. A slight frown crosses her angelic faceas well, as her thoughts go out to Landor. All the boy wanted was to follow his heart and feel the thrill of the hunt and adventure. He sounded more like a kindred spirt than one to try and turn away from his dreams.

Instead the free-spirited cleric focusses on the Horn and is visibly excited by its description. "This horn sounds wonderful, I do hope we will get to hear it being blown...or perhaps even blow it one day!"

Once the briefing is over, Pethwen as is her want, spends some time in the local taverns or markets, speaking with the locals to gain more information that might help the group with their quest. Her stunning appearance, warm manner and captivating voice always seem to help people open up about most anything that's on their mind.

Enhanced Diplomacy: greenclaw previously rolled 1d20+11+2 = (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 ( )



As she spends time in the taverns and markets, conversing with the commoners, she asks several questions about Marek Brodgan. She learns he owns the Three Tongs smithy and is a skilled artisan who specializes in making weapons.

"Marek?", says one man as he sells some apples to a passing farmer, "Aye, I know th' man. Trained to become an Aldori swordlord for several years afore he moved south t'Silverhall."

"That's true," chimes in another lady, "And he marks all his weapons with the sign of an eagle clutching a pair of tongs. A nice touch, if I say so. Better than th' last smith; who used a crab holding a shield. Never understood that. But Marek - he has little respect for authority. Specially those who inherit it."

"Oi, but that ain't th' half o' it! Ya see, I heard his departure from the Aldori Academy wasn't exactly voluntary. Y'see, he was discharged, see, following claims an' allegations o' sedition. He only took up smithin' cause o' necessity. Ya see, I seen him drink; shared a few with him from time t'time. And when he gets into his cups, he mutters obscenities about Issia and a unified Brevoy. Slanderous, eh?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
Kadrun is a little torn - she has seen the damage an irresponsible ruler can cause but also values each person's freedom to live their own life. She tries to figure out how important it is that this particular boy settle down rather than taking off adventuring.
"If your daughter is going to marry the king, will your son need to lead your own people one day?"


"Precisely!" Answers Lady Lebeda; as if Kadrun had been stating a fact; rather than asking a question. "He will be in charge of our lands and estates one day. It will be up to him to rule, and he must learn his duty now; and learn it well. If he could only take the same focus and discipline he invests in his swordplay and turn it to the rest of his studies, I have no doubt that he would excel!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Lady Lebeda offers Dartanian a small smile, her eyes glancing down to take in the familiar sword hanging from his hips. "...yes, the same Siran Aldori. And while I do not fault the man's prowess or character; as I stated, it is the symbol of what he has come to represent that is frowned upon. As a Taldan; surely you must understand the necessity of appearances in the game of politics and alliances. We prefer to appear a unified Brevoy; rather than backing the separatist ideology."

Dartanian shakes his head, scowling. "But symbols are not static. The idea that Sirian Aldori should symbolize a divided Brevoy is not, I think, something that the Sword Baron himself would have endorsed. Rather than trying to quench the lad's spirit, perhaps it would be better to turn the symbol toward leadership and responsibility. After all, Sirian Aldori was more than just a duelist."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olhas nods and stands up from where he has been sitting, listening to the story and pondering.

"An excellent idea, Dartanian! Perhaps if we appeal to the boy's sense of duty to promote and reform the Baron's reputation, we can get him to come home? He would need to use his family's power and influence to make a lasting change to people's opinion."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Kujo stood apart from those seated at the table. The barbarian said nothing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Dartanian shakes his head, scowling. "But symbols are not static. The idea that Sirian Aldori should symbolize a divided Brevoy is not, I think, something that the Sword Baron himself would have endorsed. Rather than trying to quench the lad's spirit, perhaps it would be better to turn the symbol toward leadership and responsibility. After all, Sirian Aldori was more than just a duelist."



anoirtrou wrote:
Olhas nods and stands up from where he has been sitting, listening to the story and pondering.

"An excellent idea, Dartanian! Perhaps if we appeal to the boy's sense of duty to promote and reform the Baron's reputation, we can get him to come home? He would need to use his family's power and influence to make a lasting change to people's opinion."


The Lady Lebeda nods her head slowly, smiling at Dartanian's reasoning; in the way a kind mother would do for a son. "You are right, symbols are not static. However, changing what a symbol represents can take decades if not centuries. And my son does not have decades before he will need to take over the running of our House. Nevertheless, if you can use the idea of changing Sirian's image to convince the boy to return to his studies - and take them seriously - I will not object. I just want him returned to our home, and to the path he should be following. Now, do you have more questions for me? If not, I beg of you to be on your way. The sooner he is back home, the sooner I will be at ease."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis stands, and gives Lady Lebeda a curt nod. "Don't worry Madame, we will find your son, and I'm sure we can appeal to his common sense, make him see reason and do the responsible thing. He is nobility after all, and there is a certain value in that fact. Also, if you'll allow me, I would like to thank you for receiving us here. It's a very welcome change for me, when the society actually sends us somewhere civilized, you see."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pethwen shares what she picked up form the locals about Marek Bogdan and readies herself to head off on the mission. "Yes, well shall we head off to the smithy then first?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert stood off to one side, listening carefully to the discussion, and playing with some reagents to keep his hands busy. He seems to have taken the time of the briefing to mix up some kind of potion, though it's unclear what kind it is, or even if it's really a potion. When the party is ready to move out, he shrugs and follows along. "Sounds like this should be interesting, though I suspect that my particular skill set will not be as useful on this mission as I was led to believe before accepting it. Ah well. Let me know when there's something that needs blown up.... Because that is way more fun than all this talk!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Zinnyatis stands, and gives Lady Lebeda a curt nod. "Don't worry Madame, we will find your son, and I'm sure we can appeal to his common sense, make him see reason and do the responsible thing. He is nobility after all, and there is a certain value in that fact. Also, if you'll allow me, I would like to thank you for receiving us here. It's a very welcome change for me, when the society actually sends us somewhere civilized, you see."


Lady Lebeda offers Zinnyatis a grateful smile accompanied by a slight nod of her head. "I thank you. For the kind words, and the aide you offer. May your journey be quick and straight."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Pethwen shares what she picked up form the locals about Marek Bogdan and readies herself to head off on the mission. "Yes, well shall we head off to the smithy then first?"



Leaving Silverhall, the Pathfinders make their way towards the Three Tongs Smithy; following Pethwen's lead. Racks of weapons and metalwork line the walls of the smithy, and the forge is visible through a wide door. A pair of crossed Aldori dueling swords hangs on the wall opposite the front door. The antlers of several deer and elk decorate the walls. A staircase wraps around the eastern wall, leading upstairs.

The sound of hammer on metal echoes from the back of the shop, where a bald Taldan man approaching middle age is seen working. As the group shuffles inside, the man look up; quickly noticing the potential customers. Setting his hammer down, the large, musuclar man move sto greet them. As he nears, you can see his skin has been rendered leathery by years of working the forge, and his black beard and eyebrows are patchy from occassional sparks. With a warm and inviting smile, the man finishes wiping his hands on his apron as he speaks. "Hail and well met! Welcome to the Three Tongs Smithy! What can I do for you fine folks today? Looking for any certain weapons?" The man's eyes dart down, noting the sword hanging from Dartanian's hip. "Perhaps you need a new dueling sword? I make the finest you'll find!"

If anyone wishes to purchase weapons; the Three Tongs Smithy has any mundane or masterwork version of any metal weapon in the Core Rulebook, as well as Aldori dueling swords.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Do you now?" returns Dartanian. "I've seen better than mine, but this was the best I could afford."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis inspects the blades on display with admiration. "These are very fine indeed, especially these signature dueling blades you are so famous for, but I fear I have not the skill to properly wield them. We were actually hoping you would provide an alternate means of assistance, might you perhaps have seen a young man by the name of Lander, son of Dame Sarrona Lebeda?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+9+2 = (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 546742. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+9+2 =
  • (10) + 9 + 2 =
  • 21
  • Diplomacy:
  • Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Zinnyatis inspects the blades on display with admiration. "These are very fine indeed, especially these signature dueling blades you are so famous for, but I fear I have not the skill to properly wield them. We were actually hoping you would provide an alternate means of assistance, might you perhaps have seen a young man by the name of Lander, son of Dame Sarrona Lebeda?"

Bearpaw previously rolled 1d20+9+2 = (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 (Diplomacy:)


Zinnyatis lets her fingers dance over blades and pommels, leisurely eyeing the inventory as she asks her question. As she mentions Lander, Marek gives a soft smile and motions for the Pathfinders to join him. "Come, let us adjourn upstairs. If you're not here for a sale, might as well make ourselves comfortable, no?"

The large taldan leads the group up the staircase to a small apartment above. The room is cramped and soot-smudged, but comfortable, with a number of sturdy wooden chairs set out around a small table and a quilt-covered bed bulit into a corner. A stuffed-eagle clutching a pair of tongs perches above the door to the staircase, and a cage holding pigeons hangs just outside the window. As the group gathers about the table, Marek picks up a few glasses. "Can I interest anyone in a glass of mare's milk or a bit of liquor? While I get them ready, you can tell me what you brings you here, inquiring about Lander."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olhas glances at the weapons as he walks in, but keeps his mind focused on the mission. Once they get upstairs, he seats himself and replies, "Thank you, I will have some milk. We are here to try to persuade the young man to come home. His family needs him. The families' holdings are beset by brigands and wolf attacks and are in dire straits.

While his dedication to the path of the sword is admirable, to do so by neglecting his other responsibilities shows a lack of wisdom and honor. I beseech you, help us."


Diplomacy (w/ touch of glory): 1d20+9+4 = (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 +1 for guidance

Wow, this is like the fourth 2 I have rolled for one of my characters in the last couple of days.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 546797. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+9+4 =
  • (2) + 9 + 4 =
  • 15
  • Diplomacy (w/ touch of glory):
  • Thu May 15, 2014 6:36 pm
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Kujo's eyes scan the establishment. The barbarian looks on edge. Maybe it's because he's not comfortable if he's not fighting, or maybe he's had some bad experiences that stem from being in someone's shop.

Perception Take 20=28

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
Olhas glances at the weapons as he walks in, but keeps his mind focused on the mission. Once they get upstairs, he seats himself and replies, "Thank you, I will have some milk. We are here to try to persuade the young man to come home. His family needs him. The families' holdings are beset by brigands and wolf attacks and are in dire straits.

While his dedication to the path of the sword is admirable, to do so by neglecting his other responsibilities shows a lack of wisdom and honor. I beseech you, help us."


anoirtrou previously rolled 1d20+9+4 = (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 (Diplomacy (w/ touch of glory): ) +1 for guidance

Wow, this is like the fourth 2 I have rolled for one of my characters in the last couple of days.


Marek pours the glass of milk for Olhas; and one for himself, before joining the group at the table. With a soft sigh, Marek leans back in is chair - the joints creaking in protest to his bulky form. "Ah, Lander...a good lad, he is. After my own heart. Sadly, I haven't seen him in a couple days. I'm beginning to worry the boy has become lost or injured in the surrounding wilderness. If you can find him and bring him back, in one piece, I would be grateful. I miss havin' the lad around my shop. Is that what brings you to my shop?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackjoy wrote:
Kujo's eyes scan the establishment. The barbarian looks on edge. Maybe it's because he's not comfortable if he's not fighting, or maybe he's had some bad experiences that stem from being in someone's shop.

Perception Take 20=28



Kujo briefly scans the downstairs before the group is ushered up to the apartment. As he sits, the barbarian takes a keen interest in the room. He notes the stuffed eagle, the caged pigeons, the soot-stained belongings. In fact, Kujo sees all the trappings of a well-lived in apartment; and nothing more.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadrun sits on the edge of her seat, uncomfortable around all the sharp metal, while Pala's furry form curls around her feet purring quietly.
She listens to the conversation and looks sharply at Marek "You haven't seen him? He was coming here two days ago... did he say where he was going after that?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |