Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
87 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Pathfinder Quests» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS Quest: Urge to Evolve TFG Table 2 IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
OOC thread is here

This is the OOC thread for a sanctioned Pathfinder Society Game, PFS Quest: Urge to Evolve (tier 6-7) from Kobold Quarterly (Issue 23 - Fall 2012). Muster for this game is found here.

If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.

Players:

Character Player Class/Level

Mace Silver anthropos95 Paladin/6
Magnus Gamelyn Parrais Cleric/7
Quintius Forlach Unknown Ediology Fighter/5
Fror Stonecarver cobbz20 Fighter/7
Hahaer Not2Fear oracle/1; Wizard/5

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
In the opulent gardens surrounding the manor house serving as the Magnimar Pathfinder Lodge, Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch addresses the assembled group.

I am faced with a dire situation and require your assistance. This lodge has been receiving strange messages sent from a friend of the Pathfinder Society. These communications have come in the form of a whispering wind spell, and those who've recieved the messages are certain they are sent by the Thassilonian scholar Estani Sulemi, who has been missing for three weeks. Many of the messages are cryptic and frantic, but we beleive he's being held in a warehouse in Ordellia. This sage is a specialist in Thassilonian lore; he is an asset to the society and needs to be rescued.

The venture-captain draws a sheet of paper from a leather folder and passes it around. "These are the messages the lodge received." Her tone ugent, she asks, "Will you please bring Estani back?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Roll for initiative, get me a token, and make any last minute purchases.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer smiles reassuringly at the Venture-Captain and bows formally, "You have our assurances that we will do our best to retrieve Estani Sulemi."

Hahaer Init 1d20+5 = (10) + 5 = 15
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 541888. not2fear
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (10) + 5 =
  • 15
  • Hahaer Init
  • Sat May 3, 2014 7:06 am
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace responds in a soft and certain voice, "We will rescue him, do not doubt this Venture Captain."

Initiative 1d20+4 = (8) + 4 = 12
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 541989. anthropos95
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (8) + 4 =
  • 12
  • Initiative
  • Sat May 3, 2014 6:35 pm
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A black-haired dwarf steps forward and bows, his braided beard brushing the ground. In a much louder and harsher, but not unkind voice, he says "Fror Stonecarver at your service. Fear not, m'lady, we will bring this lad back or die tryin'!"

Edit: Forgot Initiative 1d20+3 = (14) + 3 = 17
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 542493. cobbz20
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (14) + 3 =
  • 17
  • Initiative
  • Mon May 5, 2014 2:54 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A dirty, shoddy-looking man remains in the corner of the room, lougning in a chair. His legs are spread wide before him, heels dug in to the floor as if propping the man up. His arms are splayed over the arms of the chair, and his head is lolled back, resting against the top. His clothes are rough-spun, frayed around the edges, and are covered in odd mixture of dirt and stains that would constitute a good set of camouflage for a pub in the Puddles District of Absalom. His hair looks like it hasn't seen a comb in weeks, whlie the thick crop of stubble gracing his face belies that it hasn't seen a razor either. Attached to his belt are two scabbards - both missing the weapons they were designed to hold.

In all, the man would be quite easy to ignore, or miss entirely - if it were not for the pungent and penetrating reak of alcohol wafting from his body. A smell that seem to permeate the entire room. With a sputtering cough, he rasies his head to stare back at Sheila. "Ay! Weeeees a'gonna find thish lad o' yourshhh *hic*. An' then; my friendsh; we shhhhhall drink t'good fortune!" The man raises a an empty hand, is expecting there to be a mug in it, before collapsing his head back down atop the chair.

To those with a trained eye, the man's 'drunkness' appears more forced that natural.


Quintius Init d20+2 = (20) + 2 = 22
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 542513. Unknown Ediology
  • d20+2 =
  • (20) + 2 =
  • 22
  • Quintius Init
  • Mon May 5, 2014 3:17 pm
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra's clothing and armour look functional rather than ceremonial, but there is no mistaking the holy symbol of Sarenrae that hangs round her neck, and adorns the pommel of her scimitar. "Madam, it would be my honour to assist in this mission. I see no reason to tarry; shall we proceed to Rivermark Street at once?" she asks the other assembled Pathfinders.

Magnus init 1d20 = (15) = 15
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 542763. parrais
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • 15
  • Magnus init
  • Tue May 6, 2014 12:39 am
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
At Magnus's urging, the party makes their way to the Ordellia District of Magnimar, home to ethnic Varisians and ostracized Shoanti. The buildings sit very close together and many are in disrepair. Coming close to the warehouse that Heidmarch gave them directions to, the party takes in the building.

Peeling blue paint covers this old dockside warehouse, and patches of green moss cling to its warped boards. Rusty padlocks dangle from thick chains looped through the doors handles on the north, east and west sides.

A quick look at the chains tells the group that while old, the locks are quite good and have been used recently.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Welcome to the warehouse. What will you do?

MAP

Initiative:
Quintius 22
Fror 17
Magnus/Kyra 15
Haeher 15
Mace 12
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
[ooc] Welcome to the warehouse. What will you do?

Kick some ass.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer looks around curiously and casts Mage Armor on himself. Things could get interesting soon...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace nods to the party, taps himself with his wand of Gravity bow, checks the lock, and tries to open the door (closest to the party)...

Use Magic Device 1d20+12 = (16) + 12 = 28
Perception 1d20 = (1) = 1
Strength 1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7


Hahaha! Okay. At least I got Gravity Bow off (1 min.)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 552782. anthropos95
  • 1d20 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Perception
  • Tue Jun 3, 2014 3:48 am
  • [+]
  • 552783. anthropos95
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Strength
  • Tue Jun 3, 2014 3:48 am
  • [+]
  • 552786. anthropos95
  • 1d20+12 =
  • (16) + 12 =
  • 28
  • Use Magic Device
  • Tue Jun 3, 2014 3:50 am
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
anthropos95 wrote:
Mace nods to the party, taps himself with his wand of Gravity bow, checks the lock, and tries to open the door (closest to the party)...

anthropos95 previously rolled 1d20+12 = (16) + 12 = 28 (Use Magic Device)
anthropos95 previously rolled 1d20 = (1) = 1 (Perception)
anthropos95 previously rolled 1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7 (Strength)


Hahaha! Okay. At least I got Gravity Bow off (1 min.)

Mace wanders to the wall nearest the door and pulls a rotten peice of siding off it revealing... more wall.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintius takes a moment to look for any windows on the warehouse.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Quintius takes a moment to look for any windows on the warehouse.

The windows are on what would be a second floor, 15 feet up from the ground. Dark from grime or paint, it's hard to tell if they are able to be opened.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fror looks around as the others wander about the building before stating in his gruff, dwarf voice, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's open this 'ere door up and do what we came here ta do!"

He unsheathes his axes and heads toward the door, clearly intending to chop his way through.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintius looks at Fror's axe and gives a small shrug. "Well, if none o' us be adept at pickin' th' lock; might as well chop it in. Loose the element o' surprise; though."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, if we're going in fighting, I will make sure Sarenrae's light is shining up on us..." says Kyra, as she reaches for her holy symbol and proceeds to pray to her goddess.

Bull's strength on Fror, followed by bless on the party (if there's time).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mace stands ready, bow in hand...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Let me know if Fror is going to break down the door. Give me a strength check.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"RAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Fror yells as he feels his strength increase from Kyra's spell. He hefts his axes in his hands, powerful forearms flexing, and steps up to the door.

Strength + Bull's Strength 1d20+2+4 = (16) + 2 + 4 = 22
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 553952. cobbz20
  • 1d20+2+4 =
  • (16) + 2 + 4 =
  • 22
  • Strength + Bull's Strength
  • Thu Jun 5, 2014 4:32 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
cobbz20 wrote:
"RAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Fror yells as he feels his strength increase from Kyra's spell. He hefts his axes in his hands, powerful forearms flexing, and steps up to the door.

cobbz20 previously rolled 1d20+2+4 = (16) + 2 + 4 = 22 (Strength + Bull's Strength)

Anyone assisting? ...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
cobbz20 wrote:
"RAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Fror yells as he feels his strength increase from Kyra's spell. He hefts his axes in his hands, powerful forearms flexing, and steps up to the door.

cobbz20 previously rolled 1d20+2+4 = (16) + 2 + 4 = 22 (Strength + Bull's Strength)

Anyone assisting? ...
HAhaer casts Guidance on Fror before he makes the attempt for a +1
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |