Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
299 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-11: The Disappeared» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS: Bearpaw's The Dissappeared IC (PFS PbP Game Day 2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura motions to the group for luck, and mimes using the disguise scroll, then sneaks across the yard, hugging shadows.
taking 10 for a 21 stealth
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
are the revelers in any particular garb? Again Sleeves of Many Garments
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arakyrial considers the garden area before indicating he is happy to follow Sakuras stealthy lead if others will use the disguise and provide the distraction.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Talissa takes one of the wands of disguise, and turns to the others. "Anyone care to join me?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


we have two scroll of disguise

Alejandro turns to Talissa and says

"I am not known for my stealthy skills, and I am unable to use scrolls of that type. I guess I will just have to take my chances with the shadows and your stunning looks to charm and fool the other party guests."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro wears his Sleeves of Many Garments to adorn himself as one of the servants and will party his way across the garden.

any way to use a disguise via Sleeves of Many Garments to aid a Bluff check? however it works, that's essentially the plan: be disguised (sorta) and work the room
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morsha puts the scroll up to his sunken, milky and distant looking eyes and examines it. "No...no I don't think I can use this. I'll just have to do my best as I am, I believe." The shaman then leans down to his skull and whispers a few quiet words, before looking back up. "...and no Vaba can't use it either I'm afraid!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura makes it across the yard quite easily, avoiding detection by utilizing the shadows.

The sleeves of many garments might help slightly, but you will still stand out due to your weaponry, backpacks, and gear. I'll rule they provide +2 check on Bluff or Disguise. Also don't forget you've gotten two elixirs of hiding during the briefing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura will check the door (servant's door?) that leads back into the house to see if it's locked, but otherwise wait in the shadows for the others.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Alejandro whispers a few words and touches everyone in turn (Guidance), before saying:

"I think I will consume one of those elixirs of hiding that we were given; I am afraid I am a bit too, how shall we say... underdressed for this gala, in my current state."

Drinks the elixir: 'Taking 10' Stealth Check: 10+10+1-2 = 19

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro attempts to Bluff his way through the garden.

Bluff + Sleeves bonus 1d20+5+2 = (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Edit: Inspiration bonus to Bluff check (2/4 remaining) 1d6 = (2) = 2

Edit Edit: didn't see the Guidance buff, but that's still only 14. shake This character is apparently a magnet for poor die rolls thumbsdown
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 531614. cocuzzi
  • 1d20+5+2 =
  • (4) + 5 + 2 =
  • 11
  • Bluff + Sleeves bonus
  • Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 531617. cocuzzi
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Inspiration bonus to Bluff check (2/4 remaining)
  • Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 pm
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I suppose I'll save this for later then..." Talissa puts the scroll back, composes her self and strolls out after Kuro

Bluff: 1d20+8+1 = (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 531665. Nuggs
  • 1d20+8+1 =
  • (15) + 8 + 1 =
  • 24
  • Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned that someone bluffing would provide a distraction to those using stealth? Basic roll + dex mod. Unsure of guidance mod - don't have access to rulebook at work

Stealth: Take 10 + Dex: 14 (+other mods?)

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodenman wrote:
You mentioned that someone bluffing would provide a distraction to those using stealth? Basic roll + dex mod. Unsure of guidance mod - don't have access to rulebook at work

Stealth: Take 10 + Dex: 14 (+other mods?)


Guidance adds +1 to the next d20 roll (skill, attack, or saving throw)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth roll will be 15 then I suppose.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morsha reaches out for the last remaining elixir of hiding. "Oh well, I guess I better be safe and drink this." The shaman downs the liquid slowly and then lets out a dry cough. Saving a very small drop in the bottom of the glass vial he pours the remnants into the mouth of his skull. "Here, Vaba...I didn't forget you my dear brother!" From out of the skull comes a splattering "CROOAAK!"

The skeletal, strange smelling man then slinks across the room, sticking as much as he can into the shadows.

Stealth (take 10): 10-2+10 = 10 - 2 + 10 = 18
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 532139. greenclaw
  • 10-2+10 =
  • 10 - 2 + 10 =
  • 18
  • Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morsha, Alejandro, and Arakyrial pay close attention to Sakura, and follow in his footsteps, and remain unnoticed.

Talissa doesn't draw a second glance as she strides across the garden, but unfortunately, Kuro, who apparantly thought a lilac dress, complete with feathered boa, would make an adequate disguise. As he crosses the garden, you can hear several conversations between the revelers on the balcony stall.

"Oh, how horrid!"
"That's just not right."
"Who's that ghastly person?"
"Certainly, he doesn't belong here."

Kuro's failed Disguise check (the DC was 15) earns you one strike.

Peering through the door at the far end of the garden reveals what likely used to be a side chapel, but is now in use as a staging area for the gala. Magnificent stained-glass windows and vaulted ceilings look down on the racks of platters, dishes, wine bottles, and glasses stacked neatly on long wooden tables.

The room is also a hive of activity, with the double doors to the south constantly opening and closing as servants come and go, carrying platters of hors d'oeuvres, wine bottles, and other gala necessities. The other, smaller door to the south appears to remain largely unused.

You have currently spent five minutes, and earned one strike so far.

MAP
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura watches for a moment, studying the doors, thinking...

would it be possible to block the double doors with a chair or something, if she was holding it in place, or are there no handles? She just needs to hold it shut long enough to get the rest through.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"Hmm it might be better if Kuro disguises himself as a servant or maybe one of the duty officers and escort us through here, so long as he does not dress up in that... outfit he wore earlier..."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I thought it was a lovely ensemble. Hmmm," Kuro says, considering options.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arakor also studies the situation...

Either option seems viable but the escort option perhaps less likely to raise the alarm.....assuming it succeeds.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Either proposed way could work, Stealth check for blocking the door, Bluff or Disguise check for Hadda's plan.

I'm also going to retcon the failed disguise check that Kuro made earlier, since I overlooked the fact that the scenario does actually address playing dress-up. Kuro's sleeves of many garments will give him a +10 bonus on Disguise and Bluff checks, which means he more than made the check, and you didn't earn a strike yet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadda's plan works for me. The Sleeves are such a cool piece of gear and I greatly appreciate the Cheap Magical Items thread on paizo (linked on the bgg pfs guild Guides post)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I also vote for Hadda's plan
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro re-applies his cheeseSleeves of Many Garments to appear as a guard.

"I'll 'direct' you around the room and stare down any servants.... Though I'd bet that if we aren't in their way, they'll be glad to not have to deal with us. "

Then Kuro walks into the room saying, "Stay out if the staff's way. This way, please. "
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |