Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
299 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-11: The Disappeared» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS: Bearpaw's The Dissappeared IC (PFS PbP Game Day 2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Kuro engages in picking the lock, he suddenly appears to dislodge something in it, and he hears the rattling sound of something metallic hitting the floor on the other side of the door.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Alejandro Smiles and pats Kuro on the shoulder

"Well, this puts a damper on things. Was that a key that you just pushed out of the lock, Kuro? Maybe we can fish under the door for it?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Perhaps, perhaps not. Might have knocked the handle off. Or a poisonous death trap. Either way, only one way to find out. "

Kuro attempts to pick the lock again.
Disable Device 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17

Edit: and uses Inspiration to maybe do a touch better.
Inspiration bonus to last Disable Device check 1d6 = (2) = 2
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 530295. cocuzzi
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Disable Device
  • Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:07 pm
  • [+]
  • 530296. cocuzzi
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Inspiration bonus to last Disable Device check
  • Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:08 pm
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arakor eyes the interrupted attempt at the lock & disrupts his, so far, quiet group following with

"If opening a door is going to take this long then perhaps its an idea to split up? We do have a time limit after all..."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alejandro chuckles before speaking

"Archer, patience for now. If all else fails, we can break the door down, or I can give Kuro here a bit of Cayden's luck."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura folds up her kimono, puts it in her bag, and pulls up her facemask. Instantly, she feels more relaxed and quickly limbers up wondering if she's going to have to pick the lock for them.

Bored already, she looks at the other door carefully for traps and alarms...
Perception 1d20+6 = (14) + 6 = 20

Tag edits
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 530420. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (14) + 6 =
  • 20
  • Perception
  • Tue Apr 8, 2014 3:25 am
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Alejandro eyes Sakura as she disrobe and 'limber up'

"I like that look more then the kimono, after this little adventure we should spar and get a drink, Sakura. "

Not waiting for an answer, Alejandro walks over to Kuro, whispers a prayer to Cayden, and touches him (cast Guidance).

"No pressure my friend, but we should hurry. "
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Talissa begins mumbling to herself, glancing around at the group with a frown. Then, from somewhere in her robes, a ferret pops out and runs across her shoulders and begins chittering in her ear. She sighs, straightens her face and makes her way over to Kuro and the others. "Can we be of any help?", she asks sweetly
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro pauses in his work to grumble at the others. "It's been what, five seconds? Maybe ten? This is nothing compared to the trouble we'll have if we so brashly demolish the door."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"CROOAAAAAK!" Morsha's skull rattles on his belt where it hangs. The shaman reaches down and rests his hand on it tenderly.

"Yes, I know Vaba...but no I'm sure they all know what they're doing!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

"Ah, but Kuro, if I demolish the door, it would not be brashly done, but with finesse! But I see your point, nonetheless."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Kuro has another go at the lock, something doesn't seem right with it. Then it dawns on him, and he tries opening the door, which apparantly was never locked to begin with.

Behind the door lies a short hallway, with another door to the east, and a heavy red curtain to the south. On the floor is a set of keys that was in the keyhole. They include two regular looking door keys, and an odd key that ends in the shape of an Asmodean cross.

MAP
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro picks up the keys and examines them very closely.

"Ah! A remarkable discovery!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"Yes, we will go with 'remarkable,' I had assumed you check to see if it was unlocked first. Moving on then, shall I take point, or would one of our more... limber and quick members wish to lead the team?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura shrugs: "It's whatever. I'll do it if you want."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arakor nods "Lead on"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Agreed, we should move with haste," Kuro adds.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura nods, and moves carefully into the small hallway, heading towards the heavy curtain, alert for traps and alarms...why would they leave the keys?

Take 10 on stealth (for a 21), and Perception 1d20+6 = (14) + 6 = 20

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 531140. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (14) + 6 =
  • 20
  • Perception
  • Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:17 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morsha follows along behind the group, his spear-cane tapping along as he walks, the shaman muttering and whispering under his breath to his 'skull' companion.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alejandro lets Sakura get about 10' ahead of him then follows her, watching with a careful eye for potential enemies.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Satisfied that room ahead is safe, Talissa follows along
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peering out the curtain, beyond lies a gallery with a double door on each end. The hallway is bustling with activity, with servants moving back and forth with food, dishes, and other supplies.

One side of the hallway is completely taken up by heavy curtains that blocks the view, but you can hear loud discussion and orchestral music coming through them. Through a door on the north side of the hallway comes the racket of the kitchen.

You can time a break between servant activity with a Perception check to duck across the hallway and through the curtains into the adjoining room, to the kitchen door, or through the double doors on the far end. Or you can strut through the hallway like you own the place, which requires a Bluff check.

I'll allow Sakura to use the Perception check in his previous post if he wishes, which is high enough to reach the double doors.


MAP
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura quickly relates what she sees to the group, and says

"Party's in full swing. Remember, her room is in the southwest corner. But I think we'll be a bit obvious if we walk past the desk again."

Sakura heads for the double doors on the far end of the hallway, trusting that nothing in the area will be trapped, given all the servants running around.

she'll also have everyone else follow her at the right moment, if that's possible. If not, she'll slip ahead to the doors.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl McGar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Talissa gathers herself as Pash dissapears into the folds of her robe. She raises her chin confidently, and walks out into the corridor towards the double doors

Bluff:1d20+8 = (6) + 8 = 14
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 531316. Nuggs
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (6) + 8 =
  • 14
  • Wed Apr 9, 2014 8:33 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At Sakura's sign, the party quickly darts out and traverses the hallway through the double doors. Behind them lies a much more quiet hallway. Another door here leads into the very busy kitchen, while two double doors lead to the outside garden, which lies next to the street.

The garden shines in the moonlight, but dark shadows hug the lower reaches of the bushes, topiary, and trees. Two marble staircases wrap around a balcony where revelers are silhouetted against the light shining from the ballroom's stained glass windows. A tall wrought-iron fence divides the garden from the city beyond. Small servant's doors enter the garden from the north and the south.

To break the fourth wall here, to traverse the garden everyone will need to make their own check. You can sneak across slowly and steadily employing Stealth, or pretend to be revelers using Bluff or Disguise. This latter method would be faster for both them and the people sneaking across since they can use the distraction to make a dash for it, but is slightly riskier as well.

You have currently spent two minutes so far.


MAP
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |