Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
383 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-01: The Glass River Rescue» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Greenclaw's 5-01 - The Glass River Rescue (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This game is part of the Official Pathfinder Society PbP Game Day. For more information please visit: http://PbPGameday.com

Our cast of characters:


Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction



Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You begin your adventure in an opulent parlor in the Druman capital of Kerse, part of the manor home of Temel Passad, a prominent Kalistocrat. Served the finest Chelish wine and delicate sweetmeats while awaiting their host, you have time to peruse a letter from Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin





No sooner have you all finished reviewing the note but two silent servants open a pair of richly lacquered doors, and a human and two dwarves stride into the lavish parlor. The man, clad in immaculate robes of whitest silk, is short and round with a blond oiled beard, and his eyes are alert and amused. He takes a touch of snuff from a golden box and sneezes before saying, “It is a pleasure to welcome Pathfinders to one of my estates once more. I am, as you may know, Temel Passad. Allow me to introduce—”


One of the two dwarves, a redheaded female in deep scarlet robes, curtly interrupts the man. “We can introduce ourselves, Passad. I am Metella Raugar, representing the interests of several Highhelm mercantile consortia. My companion”—she gestures to a dwarven man with leathery skin baked by the sun, his head swathed in a bright yellow scarf—“is Amauhak of Reth Bezel, a mystic of the sand dwarves of Osirion.”


Passad attentively sees to your needs and ensures that the refreshments are to your liking before discussing business. "My boat, the Abacus, will take you Kerse, hugging the shore of Lake Encarthan before entering the mouth of the Glass River to pursue your first task: searching the Gray Revelation Inn. From there, the Abacus will take you the rest of the way to Mendev to deliver Passad, Metella, and Amauhak, and hopefully the liberated envoys."

The deeply tanned mystic, Amauhak speak up. "Keepin' the presence of me and my two companions be your wisest course, given what happened to the earlier team!"

Time to ask any questions you might have for Passad or the dwarves.

If anyone wants to find anything about Razmiran and its state religion you can try some Knowledge (History) or Knowledge (Religion) rolls.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerethax regards his surroundings, the note, and the two envoys with varying degrees of suspicion. Let's hope when these two get captured they don't decide to recite their bloody life story before mentioning where the bastarding hell they actually are. The brawny half-elf stabs a sweetmeat before it gets any ideas about making a break for it, and crams the remnants into his mouth.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Robot
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Parsim stands and looks at their three 'hosts', his gaze flitting in quick succession from one to the other and back again. Unconsciously he starts rubbing the shorter of the two horns on his head with his right hand. Acutely aware of his lack of knowledge of Razmiri he chooses to ask the Pathfinders' hosts about them.

"Thank you kind sir for your hospitality, you are most generous and the Pathfinders are grateful.

Can I ask what you and our dwarven colleagues know of the Razmiri? They are a mystery to me."


Parsim stops rubbing his horn, as if in anticipation of their response.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"Greetings Metella Raugar and Amauhak of Reth Bezel, I am pleased to meet your acquaintance. Know that you will be in good hands in our adventure."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neela listens to the introduction, then she takes a sip from her glass and asks her hosts.

"Pleased to meet you, my name is Neela Hark. Tell me, please, do you know what we can expect there, or we are going completely into an unknown territory without any intel?"

I'll roll the knowledge checks after I return from work.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Standing as far away from Thorn as possible, Bruna's small shiny eyes flit between the shiny snuff box and the rest of the group. She ruffles her feathers slightly, shaking of the dust from the road before introducing herself to the hosts. Her voice is somewhere between a song and a squawk.

Greetings. I assume we will be permitted to relieve Razmiri of any particularly interesting ... items ... they may be using to interrogate diplomats?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
History check fail 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21
Religion check fail 1d20+4 = (20) + 4 = 24
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 530292. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • History check fail
  • Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:00 pm
  • [+]
  • 530293. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Religion check fail
  • Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:00 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gort wrote:
Parsim stands and looks at their three 'hosts', his gaze flitting in quick succession from one to the other and back again. Unconsciously he starts rubbing the shorter of the two horns on his head with his right hand. Acutely aware of his lack of knowledge of Razmiri he chooses to ask the Pathfinders' hosts about them.

"Thank you kind sir for your hospitality, you are most generous and the Pathfinders are grateful.

Can I ask what you and our dwarven colleagues know of the Razmiri? They are a mystery to me."


Parsim stops rubbing his horn, as if in anticipation of their response.

Passad takes another sniff of his snuff and then responds to Parsim. "Good question lad, good question. Always good to know who you're dealing with, yes? Well Razmiran is a strict theocratic government presided over by a vast priestly bureaucracy serving a being said to be a living god. There all other faiths are prohibited, though foreign priests are tolerated as long as they are not proselytizing and just passing through. All nonresidents are subject to sundry tariffs and unannounced inspections.”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadda wrote:


"Greetings Metella Raugar and Amauhak of Reth Bezel, I am pleased to meet your acquaintance. Know that you will be in good hands in our adventure."

Metella nods at Thorn in response to his greeting. "Thank you, lad! We've been told you lot are inexperienced but have what it takes!"

Amauhak shows a hint of a smile and emits a low rumbling grunt.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Neela listens to the introduction, then she takes a sip from her glass and asks her hosts.

"Pleased to meet you, my name is Neela Hark. Tell me, please, do you know what we can expect there, or we are going completely into an unknown territory without any intel?"

I'll roll the knowledge checks after I return from work.

Neela recalls from her studies some more information about Razmir which she shares with the group.

Razmir, known as the Lord of the 31 Steps, claims to have taken the Test of the Starstone and ascended to divinity. He appeared before the people of Xer in the Duchy of Melcat 52 years ago and now acts as both sovereign and god of those captured lands.

It is no secret that the Razmiri clergy rely more on bullying than on divine miracles, often exploiting travelers to fill the church’s coffers. The regular patrols of faithful enforcers searching for dissension has resulted in the paranoia that runs throughout the government and the populace. Any friendliness from a native is cause for suspicion.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beekers wrote:
Standing as far away from Thorn as possible, Bruna's small shiny eyes flit between the shiny snuff box and the rest of the group. She ruffles her feathers slightly, shaking of the dust from the road before introducing herself to the hosts. Her voice is somewhere between a song and a squawk.

Greetings. I assume we will be permitted to relieve Razmiri of any particularly interesting ... items ... they may be using to interrogate diplomats?

Passad raises an eyebrow in mild surprise at the tengu's rather blunt question. "Well your primary goal is of course to rescue the three captured dwarves. Rakuska Imgardam, a well-known Five Kings diplomat and devotee of Torag; Holfist Sendstrom of Taggoret; and Pechas Domri—like Amauhak, a Pahmet dwarf of Osirion. All of whom are valued for their strategic and military acumen. Besides that I would suggest you try not to overtly implicate the Society in any overt actions you may feel you may need to take to secure their freedom. It is up to you what you do with any items you may find like those that you mention. It is of little concern to me as long as you succeed in your mission!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"Well, now that we all know each other, I guess it is time for us to be off, unless anyone else has something more to add?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I am ready to leave immediately and the earlier we rescue the diplomats, the better for everyone involved." says Neela.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The insufferable chattering seemingly done, the ranger grabs a fistful of hors d'oeuvres and shoves them into his belt pouch. He tugs the ragged hood of his cloak up and stalks to the door.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruffling her feathers once more: I am always ready for something interesting.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The journey along the coast of Lake Encarthan from Kerse is uneventful. Passad’s hired hands (five sailors in all, including the captain) are quiet and efficient, and the boat, a modest craft named Abacus, reaches the mouth of the Glass River and heads east without incident.


As the boat enters Razmiri waters, Passad speaks up. "OK, we now have a choice! We can either dock at Xer and pay necessary tolls or sail on and try to evade Razmiri authorities. I suggest the former! Abiding by the local customs will help us avoid unwanted attention, especially if we include an extra 'gratuity' when we pay our tolls. Furthermore, without proof that we've paid the expected tribute, we run the risk of greater trouble if accosted by one of the ubiquitous faith bargers up river." Passad wipes a bit of snuff off the side of his nose and fights back a sneeze, then draws two platinum pieces from a white silk purse on his belt. "I'm quite happy to provide the toll myself, so you lot don't need to worry about being out of pocket yourselves."



The redheaded dwarf merchant, Metella grunts at Passad's words. "Nonsense! Sheer nonsense! Stopping at Xer gives the authorities a chance to search the boat and discover the envoys and the Kalistocrat. As a result, it is better to avoid the docks altogether and take our chances with any faith barges we might encounter!"


Passad and Mettella shakes their heads at each other and then turn to the group, clearly expecting the Pathfinders to resolve the dispute and make a decision.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruna's eyes twinkle as she looks at Metella.

"I like your thinking! I find regulations and paperwork to be so...unnecessary. If Passad feels guilty however, I will gladly take the toll myself to ease his conscious.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"We need to do whatever gets us to the diplomates as quickly as possible. Do we have someone who could forge the proof of tribute?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerethax leans on his bow, regarding the conversation with indifference bordering on irritation. He's starting to remember what an enormous pain in the hindquarter other people are.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Robot
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Parsim starts to finger his shorter horn. "I agree with Thorn, the sooner we complete this mission the better."

Then, addressing the rest of the party Parsim enquires "Are we able to sail up the Glass river and, if so, will that get us closer to the Inn where we suspect the diplomats are held?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ranger grunts. "Last lot paid. Captured by priests anyway."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Thorn looks to Passad

"If we stop and pay the toll, and they discover our dwarven allies, what will the Razmiri authorities do? What I am getting at is, if we are going to have to fight to defend them, then let's forgo the stop and push straight on through, cover as much ground and needed before we have to bleed our enemies."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neela listens to the conversation of her colleagues. Finally, she adds her insight as well.

"I agree that when we stop, our allies may be in danger anyways. Let's avoid the port and should we encounter any hostile vessel, we'll just fight it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well look at that. And we didn't even have to draw straws. Looks like we get to be sneaky!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |