Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
the online tool

What online tool are you using?

The one Dave linked earlier: http://eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got that tool working better last night, and I think I got my character in shape. If we're discussing who the characters are, I'll post something later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
Got that tool working better last night, and I think I got my character in shape. If we're discussing who the characters are, I'll post something later.

If everyone is comfortable with their characters, I think we should get a brief introduction here and I'd like to see character sheets ahead of next week's in-character kickoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mb
Golux13 wrote:

Ah cool - missed that.

I'll play around with it this weekend, entering and tweaking the Ego Hunter pre-gen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

If everyone is comfortable with their characters, I think we should get a brief introduction here and I'd like to see character sheets ahead of next week's in-character kickoff.
I'll try to come up by the end of the weekend.

Under what format should we post our CS? Do you want to create a wiki as Karl did or should we post them in stat blocks here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

As I wrote a blog post, I have a concept for my character. You'll have a French connection inside, sort of.

The concept: I am the sneaky one who have a plan.

Think about a thief/mastermind sort of Leverage-like. I'll help our argonaut con man/spy to open-source the technology we steal.

Is that okay?

Further details later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmb
I think I will simplify things and tweak the Ultimate Merc to be a Direct Action employee, who wants out. Hopefully done by the end of the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
deborn wrote:

Think about a thief/mastermind sort of Leverage-like. I'll help our argonaut con man/spy to open-source the technology we steal.
Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

I'll try to come up by the end of the weekend.

Under what format should we post our CS? Do you want to create a wiki as Karl did or should we post them in stat blocks here?

I have literally no idea how to create a wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[OK, character background. I'm flailing a bit about the timing and places, and will correct/retcon anything that doesn't work right - traveling space circus? Sure, why not! - but this is basically who he is. Most of it is not PC in-game knowledge, unless we decide we all know each other well.]

He calls himself Vargr, but it seems likely that's a pseudonym, since it means "wolf" or "outlaw" in an old Earth language that barely still exists. Given his background, perhaps it's not surprising that he hides behind a false name. He was born in a small scum barge owned and operated by a grifter circus - an itinerant carnival that traveled from place to place providing entertainment in exchange for fuel (for the carnies as well as the barge), a small fee, tips from approving audiences, and the unwitting transfer of valuables from those same audiences and those living nearby. Under the tutelage of the zero-g acrobatics troupe, he learned not only how to move fluidly in all environments, but also how to avoid security, pick locks and pockets, and get in and out of just about any place unseen and unheard.

By the time the Fall wiped out most of the carnival's audiences, Vargr's reputation as the Man To Go To for unorthodox acquisitions had (with some subtle self-promotion) solidified. With show business no longer providing sufficient support, he got himself adopted into one of the Triads, but within a couple of years, he chafed at the hierarchy and restrictions. He went freelance, with a reasonable degree of success, working for hypercorps, autonomists, scientists, and even Firewall on occasion. Everybody needs something sometime.

And then, Something happened. He doesn't know what the Something was, because his memories of it are gone. All he remembers is that about two years ago, he was invited to a habitat in the Outer System with an anonymous job offer (not unusual in his line of work), and then... blank... and then he was waking in a battered Flat morph in an abandoned storage habitat in Jovian space. When he was able to orient himself, he discovered that he had lost about six months of memory.

Whatever happened, though, had consequences - his formerly rising star in the Triads has fallen hard, to the point where virtually nobody in his old criminal network will even be seen with him, let alone provide him any assistance. Fortunately, he had planned ahead for the possibility that he would some day have to go into hiding for a while, and he had stashed a modified Ghost morph with one of his former carnie associates on a scum barge. He made his way there, got himself resleeved, and began to process of putting his life back together. He re-established some of his non-criminal connections and was able to get acquisition work again, and between jobs he seeks answers.

He has searched for the habitat where he got waylaid, but as far as he can tell, it has completely vanished from space. Those six months are completely opaque. The only clue he has had about the missing time came from a contact at Fa Jing, who seemed startled when Vargr approached her in New Dazhai looking for work - she had heard he was deep in the Outer System just a few days ago, when he was already on Mars. Now he's thinking about various ways he could be in two places at once, and the possibilities are grim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
I. Fucking. Love. It.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew!

I'll send you my character sheet this weekend, and we can figure out if it needs tweaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmb
Marc Sarin, Direct Action Gun-for-Hire

Born on the moon, bred for violence: silent and dry or explosive and wet, your choice. Just a cog in the wheel of Direct Action, the apolitical mercenary hypercorp. In only a few years of 'service,' Sarin is cynical, angry and feels unnecessarily limited. How many times do you have to die, doing all the wet work while the "Man" gets the fee?

He is quietly living like an ascetic monk, squirreling money away to pay for a separate, private backup and that perfect black market resleeve. Still a long way to go.

Now contracted out to deal with A Dead Man Walking.

I've spent all afternoon in the CRB and playing with the online character generator. Oy. Rough Draft CS here: Marc Sarin. I just barely tweaked the pregen. I would probably like to change gear a bit before starting.

I basically want him to be the tank. I'll flesh out more of a backstory as we get going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deborn wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

As I wrote a blog post, I have a concept for my character. You'll have a French connection inside, sort of.

The concept: I am the sneaky one who have a plan.

Is that okay?

Further details later.

Okay. I'm not sure I can post a character sheet, or even further details before Tuesday. I'll do my best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Still in progress, but here's the link at least:
Isaac Khan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Isaac Khan

Looks good so far. I'm curious as to why you didn't take more PSI abilities if you're going to have a level-2 PSI character, though. I'd either drop that and add some other skills, or maybe scale it back to level 1--Isaac is an ego hunter, so maybe just having the basic ability to read an ego would be sufficient for his needs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Marc Sarin, Direct Action Gun-for-Hire

Born on the moon, bred for violence: silent and dry or explosive and wet, your choice. Just a cog in the wheel of Direct Action, the apolitical mercenary hypercorp. In only a few years of 'service,' Sarin is cynical, angry and feels unnecessarily limited. How many times do you have to die, doing all the wet work while the "Man" gets the fee?

He is quietly living like an ascetic monk, squirreling money away to pay for a separate, private backup and that perfect black market resleeve. Still a long way to go.

Now contracted out to deal with A Dead Man Walking.

I've spent all afternoon in the CRB and playing with the online character generator. Oy. Rough Draft CS here: Marc Sarin. I just barely tweaked the pregen. I would probably like to change gear a bit before starting.

I basically want him to be the tank. I'll flesh out more of a backstory as we get going.

I like this. Don't sweat the gear. Your soon-to-be employer will make a variety of weapons available to you, as well as an opportunity to resleeve into a morph that is better suited to the job at hand, should you desire one. You'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting on two characters, I think, right?

I'll be ready to launch on Wednesday, assuming the characters are in. I'm sending Dan an email now about his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Isaac Khan

Is there a blank template somewhere for that style of sheet for the wiki?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
I'll finish my character by tomorrow as well, so we should be ready to start by Wednesday.

edit: here's what I've done so far. Please tell me what you think.

Quote:

====================================== EGO ==========================================
NAME : Luthar Nansteinn
PLAYER : Yohann
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACKGROUND : Hyperelite (EP p.131)
FACTION : Argonaut (EP p.132)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIRTH GENDER : Male
REAL AGE :
CREDIT : 15000 (EP p.137)
APTITUDES (EP p.122)

COGNITION 10
COORDINATION 15
INTUITION 15
REFLEX 10
SAVVY 20
SOMATIC 20
WILLPOWER 15
REPUTATIONS (EP p.285)

@-REP
C-REP 60
E-REP 30
F-REP
G-REP 30
I-REP 30
R-REP
MOTIVATIONS (EP p.120)

Philanthropy
Techno-Progressivism
For the thrill of it!
NOTES

EGO SKILLS (EP p.176)

K Academics : * 10
K Academics : Cryptography * 30
K Academics : Psychology * 60
K Academics : Xeno-Linguistics * 30
A Animal Handling 20
K Art : Criticism * 35
K Art : Music * 35
K Art : Singing * 15
A Beam Weapons 25
A Blades 30
A Climbing 30
A Clubs 20
A Control * 15
A Deception 70
A Demolitions * 10
A Disguise 65
A Flight 20
A Fray 30
A Free Fall 10
A Freerunning 20
A Gunnery 15
A Hardware : Electronics 30
A Impersonation 70
A Infiltration 55
A Infosec * 50
K Interest : Bot/Vehicle Specs * 10
K Interest : Hypercorp Politics * 40
K Interest : Sciences * 10
K Interest : TITANs * 10
K Interest : Technologies * 20
A Interfacing 30
A Intimidation 60
A Investigation 45
A Kinesics 20
A Kinetic Weapons 15
K Language : Linguistics 85
A Navigation 15
A Networking : Autonomists 20
A Networking : Criminal 40
A Networking : Ecologists 20
A Networking : Firewall 40
A Networking : Hypercorps 70
A Networking : Media 20
A Networking : Scientists 40
A Palming 25
A Perception 45
A Persuasion 60
A Pilot : Aircraft 10
A Pilot : Groundcraft 10
A Pilot : Spacecraft 10
A Pilot : Watercraft 10
K Profession : Accounting * 30
K Profession : Con Schemes * 70
K Profession : Mining * 10
K Profession : Prospecting * 10
K Profession : Security System * 60
K Profession : Terraforming * 10
A Programming * 10
A Protocol 30
A Psi Assault * 15
A Psychosurgery 15
A Research 30
A Scrounging 15
A Seeker Weapons 15
A Sense * 15
A Spray Weapons 15
A Swimming 30
A Throwing Weapons 15
A Unarmed Combat 40
EGO NEGATIVE TRAITS

EGO POSITIVE TRAITS

PSI SLEIGHTS

SOFT GEAR

AI

Standard Muse (EP p.332)

INT[20]
Profession : Accounting(60)
Hardware : Electronics(30)
Infosec(30)
Interfacing(40)
Perception(30)
Programming(20)
Academics : Psychology(60)
Research(30)

EGO MEMO

+10 to Tech / Aca / Pro Skill
get +10 to one Technical, Academic: [Field], or Profession: [Field] skill of your choice.

+10 to Tech / Aca / Pro Skill
get +10 to one Technical, Academic: [Field], or Profession: [Field] skill of your choice.

+20 Networking: Scientists skill
get a +20 to the Networking: Scientists skill

+10 Protocol skill
get a +10 on your Protocol skill

+10,000 Credit
get +10,000 Credit

+20 Networking: Hypercorps skill
get a +20 on your Networking: Hypercorps skill

Hyperelite morph limiation
May not start with flat, splicer, or any pod, uplift, or synthetic morphs

====================================== MORPH ========================================
MORPH NAME : Remade [bio] (EP p.141)
NICKNAME :
APPARENT AGE : 0
MORPH GENDER : none
MORPH NEGATIVE TRAITS

Uncanny Valley morph (EP p.151)
MORPH POSITIVE TRAITS

MORPH APTITUDES (EP p.122)

COGNITION 20
COORDINATION 20
INTUITION 20
REFLEX 10
SAVVY 25
SOMATIC 30
WILLPOWER 15
MORPH SKILLS (EP p.176)

K Academics : *
K Academics : Cryptography * 40
K Academics : Psychology * 70
K Academics : Xeno-Linguistics * 40
A Animal Handling 25
K Art : Criticism * 40
K Art : Music * 40
K Art : Singing *
A Beam Weapons 30
A Blades 40
A Climbing 40
A Clubs 30
A Control *
A Deception 75
A Demolitions *
A Disguise 70
A Flight 30
A Fray 30
A Free Fall 10
A Freerunning 30
A Gunnery 20
A Hardware : Electronics 40
A Impersonation 75
A Infiltration 60
A Infosec * 60
K Interest : Bot/Vehicle Specs *
K Interest : Hypercorp Politics * 50
K Interest : Sciences *
K Interest : TITANs *
K Interest : Technologies * 30
A Interfacing 40
A Intimidation 65
A Investigation 50
A Kinesics 25
A Kinetic Weapons 20
K Language : Linguistics 90
A Navigation 20
A Networking : Autonomists 25
A Networking : Criminal 45
A Networking : Ecologists 25
A Networking : Firewall 45
A Networking : Hypercorps 75
A Networking : Media 25
A Networking : Scientists 45
A Palming 30
A Perception 50
A Persuasion 65
A Pilot : Aircraft 10
A Pilot : Groundcraft 10
A Pilot : Spacecraft 10
A Pilot : Watercraft 10
K Profession : Accounting * 40
K Profession : Con Schemes * 80
K Profession : Mining *
K Profession : Prospecting *
K Profession : Security System * 70
K Profession : Terraforming *
A Programming *
A Protocol 35
A Psi Assault *
A Psychosurgery 20
A Research 40
A Scrounging 20
A Seeker Weapons 20
A Sense *
A Spray Weapons 20
A Swimming 40
A Throwing Weapons 20
A Unarmed Combat 50
WEAPONS

WEAPONS

GEARS

IMPLANTS

Basic Biomods (EP p.300)
Basic Mesh Inserts (EP p.300)
Circadian Regulation (EP p.304)
Clean Metabolism (EP p.304)
Cortical Stack (EP p.300)
Eidetic Memory (EP p.301)
Enhanced Respiration (EP p.305)
Temperature Tolerance (EP p.305)
Toxin Filters (EP p.305)
MORPH MEMO

+10 Cognition
get a +10 bonus on Cognition

+10 Somatic
get a +10 bonus to Somatic

+5 Savvy
+5 on your Savvy

+5 [Aptitude]
+5 to one aptitude of your choice

+5 [Aptitude]
+5 to one aptitude of your choice

Uncanny Valley
Suffer a -10 modifier on social skill tests when dealing with humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Golux13 wrote:

Hitting 'edit' on an existing one then copying it to a text editor might be the easiest.

A blank one might be more trouble to parse through -- "does the content go after this or that dash..?" All you have to do is replace what's already there when you fill in one that already has content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Looks good so far. I'm curious as to why you didn't take more PSI abilities if you're going to have a level-2 PSI character, though. I'd either drop that and add some other skills, or maybe scale it back to level 1--Isaac is an ego hunter, so maybe just having the basic ability to read an ego would be sufficient for his needs?

I'll keep this in mind as I keep reading. Maybe some of the words in that sentence will start making more sense... ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ah, I see the answer to your question : I haven't actually written down any "Slights" yet. I think Slights are Psi-powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

Hitting 'edit' on an existing one then copying it to a text editor might be the easiest.

A blank one might be more trouble to parse through -- "does the content go after this or that dash..?" All you have to do is replace what's already there when you fill in one that already has content.

Fair enough. And are all those descriptions of skills, etc., cut-and-pasted from the PDF or hand-typed? Because ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] |