Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
406 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [17] | 

Mutant: År Noll» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The People at the End of Time [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
It is not a transport, but rather a little square concrete building, just large enough to have a door in one of its sides. The door,  a thick metal door, stands open, swinging back and forth in the wind. The lines of suitcases stops five meters in front of it. Looking inside, Kirbel sees that the little houses only contains a metal, spiral stairs, going down into a larger chamber ten meters below.

Above the door is a sign, Silas reads it, "Bomb Shelter Salin Street 12-24". On the door someone has written with paint, "Wait, will open shortly."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel brightens. "There may be something in there that could help us!"

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas gets very interested as he reads the signs. A bomb shelter, maybe there are survivors down there? Or, even better, books and artifacts that can benefit the Ark.

"Kirbel is right, we really need to check these shelters!"


Silas will help Kirbel out with scouting the shelters by Inspiring
him. But I'll wait with the actual rolling until others have acted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so but does anyone has some light? It seems like its dark in there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin looks back at the lines of luggage. "But, we cannot just leave all this stuff here, right? If they took it with themselves, it should be something valuable, something you cannot find anywhere else".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
At the entrance of the shelter, where they can see all the luggage and bags that had been dropped and left in the hall, he looks at them curiously and then to the bomb shelter.

"Someone needs to help our little friend get better before we do anything too dangerous! I suggest you *points at Lin* and someone else searches the bags for useful stuff, while myself and two others goes into the dark, scary building! Depending on how our little friend is feeling, perhaps he should take it easy?"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin looks at Kirbel. Otiak maybe scary, but Kirbel is her boss.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel studiously ignores Otiak. Clearly, for whatever reason - probably something to do with Kirbel's current weakness - the big bruiser was baiting him. Kirbel wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of responding. And it seemed unlikely that the others in the group would be much impressed with Otiak's antics.

Instead, Kirbel focuses on the task at hand. "Lin, no doubt the baggage does include interesting and useful things. But better things are more likely to be found down in that shelter. So for now, why don't we try to find something we can use to make a decent lantern or torch."

Smarts d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (1) & (5) & (2) & (1) & (2) = 15212 Tinker 1d6&d6 = (3) & (4) = 34

Kirbel's nausea gets the best of him, and no ideas come to mind.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 526778. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (1) & (5) & (2) & (1) & (2) =
  • 15212
  • Smarts
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 1:17 am
  • [+]
  • 526779. Brent Johnson
  • 1d6&d6 =
  • (3) & (4) =
  • 34
  • Tinker
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 1:17 am
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Kirbel slumps down, annoyed at not being able to find something to use as a torch, Silas walks up and asks,
"What are you looking for Kirbel? I thought we were heading down to explore? Let me just find a torch and light it."

With those words he unstraps a torch from his pack and puts fire to it with his lighter.

"So, what are we waiting for?"
He starts walking towards the entrance and heads down into the shelter unless someone stops him.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Silas has already a torch ready, but Lin acts automatically in Kirbel's "find something".


Smarts d6 = (4) = 4
Figure out 3 d6 & d6 & d6 = (1) & (2) & (4) = 124


She feels uncomfortable with her boss not being resourceful enough. All because of the Rot. He saved us all from it, and got sick himself.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 526908. schizoid
  • d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Smarts
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 7:55 am
  • [+]
  • 526909. schizoid
  • d6 & d6 & d6 =
  • (1) & (2) & (4) =
  • 124
  • Figure out 3
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 7:55 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
So, who follows Silas down? And who stays topside
Silas has already said he wants to inspire someone who scouts.


Silas follows the spiral stairs lead down into a large concrete room. Rusted, metal benches line the walls, and yellow lines on the floor section of various areas. In one corner, metal pipes come out from the ceiling widen into strange nuzzles, with drains beneath them. In the other corner is several large cabinets. On the floor in front of them lays a body, at least you think it is. It is wearing one of the bulky suits some of the Junk Heads have tried to recreate, a suite to protect from the Rot. For all you know, it is just a discarded suit. The suit doesn’t look very fancy; more like it has been cobbled together from many others.

Along the top of the walls are several large air ducts. Unlike in the Ark, where these ducts are covered by metal vents or fans, they have here been torn open. The air duct covers lay discarded and broken along the floor.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel heaves himself to his feet and follows Silas into the shelter. The open ducts capture his attention, and he tries to figure out whether they were torn open from the inside or from the outside.

Smarts d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (3) & (1) & (4) & (5) & (2) = 31452 Figure Out d6&d6&d6 = (1) & (2) & (2) = 122

He finds himself still unable to focus.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527039. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (3) & (1) & (4) & (5) & (2) =
  • 31452
  • Smarts
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 527040. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (1) & (2) & (2) =
  • 122
  • Figure Out
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:29 pm
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If we are going to scout things then Finna needs to move out with them. She quickly follows the others down the stairs into the concrete room. In the room Finna reaches up and starts looking in all the ducts to see if there is something in them.

Smarts: 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 = (1) & (1) & (4) & (4) & (1) = 11441
Figure Out: 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 = (3) & (2) & (4) & (5) & (1) = 32451
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527223. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 =
  • (1) & (1) & (4) & (4) & (1) =
  • 11441
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 6:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 527224. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 =
  • (3) & (2) & (4) & (5) & (1) =
  • 32451
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 6:48 pm
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin follows Kirbel. She is puzzled by the yellow lines on the floor. But then she notices the cabinets and cautiously hits one with her palm.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Nothing from Philip yet, but I am going to assume he stays with the others and goes down.

Lin pushes one of cabinets, and the door glides open. Inside the can see several cardboard boxes, partly rotten. Inside each box are dozen of rectangular bars wrapped in foil. It looks like food, and since they have been kept in this lead cabinet, they might have avoided the rot.

Meanwhile Kirbel and Finna are looking into the vents. The air inside is stale, and searching the inside in the poor light is hard. Kirbel finds some wiring, and starts to pull it. There is a buzzing noise, and for a moment he thinks he might have activated some machine.

Suddenly hundreds of large and fat rats burst out from the air ducts, spilling out from every opening and down to the floor. The rats are not small either, as long as your forearm, and teeth the size of nails. They swarm into the room.

We might be heading into a conflict encounter, but I would like to hear everyone’s immediate action. Please include a D6+Calmness roll in your post.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finna screams as she sees the rats pouring out of the ducts and run around on the floor. Fingo starts barking and tries to bite at the rats surrounding them on the floor.

1d6+5 = (4) + 5 = 9
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527598. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6+5 =
  • (4) + 5 =
  • 9
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:30 pm
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas goes with Lin and looks on as she opens the cabinet. He's just about to reach in and grab the bars when the shouting starts.

He turns and sees the rat-things. His face turns pale and he desperately tries to find higher ground. He will try to climb up on one of the cabinets if possible.


Calmness 1d6+3 = (4) + 3 = 7
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527605. gruntl
  • 1d6+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Calmness
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:48 pm
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin turns one of the cabinet upside down pouring food bars on the floor. She hopes rats will be more interested in food than in people.



Calmness 5 1d6 + 5 = (2) + 5 = 7
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527665. schizoid
  • 1d6 + 5 =
  • (2) + 5 =
  • 7
  • Calmness 5
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:20 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel grabs one of the boxes of food bars and tucks it under his arm. With his other hand he starts swinging his bicycle chain around him in an attempt to fend off the rats. He lurches toward the stairs.

Calmness roll 1d6+4 = (2) + 4 = 6

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527679. Brent Johnson
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Calmness roll
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:15 pm
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
((Hey guys, been away for the last two days; I am back. Hell yes, Otiak would have probably been leading the group, or at least one of the first members to go into the dark depths. Anything reckless? Think Otiak! Ha))

From nearby Otiak screams "You fools!; what was that racket and buzzing?!"

Seeing the rats burst into the room; Otiak replies with a loud, booming, intimidating battle cry and flinging his arms aggressively, attempting to scare the vermin away with intimidating actions.

Smarts: 1d6 = (4) = 41d6 = (1) = 11d6 = (4) = 41d6 = (6) = 6

Intimidate: 1d6 = (6) = 61d6 = (3) = 31d6 = (4) = 4

His eyes dart around to the other members of his group "Follow my actions! Scare them away!"

D6 + Calmness (Haha, Otiak. Calm?): 1d6 = (2) = 2 +1
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527960. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:09 am
  • [+]
  • 527961. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:09 am
  • [+]
  • 527962. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:09 am
  • [+]
  • 527963. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:10 am
  • [+]
  • 527964. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:10 am
  • [+]
  • 527965. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:10 am
  • [+]
  • 527966. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:10 am
  • [+]
  • 527967. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 12:13 am
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
((I got a 1: does that mean I can push and get mutation points?))
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
WolfGreen wrote:
((I got a 1: does that mean I can push and get mutation points?))


You can alway Push. You leaves the dices with 6s, and Ability and Gear dice with 1s.

Dices that are 1s on the second roll will give you mutation points AND Trauma to that ability.


Calmness rolls for Rats: 1d6+5 = (6) + 5 = 11

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 528078. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d6+5 =
  • (6) + 5 =
  • 11
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 10:10 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Ranges:
Engaged: Finna and Kirbel
Near: Silas, Otiak and Lin


Finna and Kirbel can attack, Otiak and Lin must maneuver once to do so. Silas twice.

The range track is included for the sake of who can attack, and how simple fleeing is.


The bars Lin Throws on the floor distracts some of the rats, but most are after meatier nourishment. Silas gets unto a cabinet, and out of harms way for the time being. The rats seem to be scared of Otiak, there is some intelligence in the little brains, and they stay away.

They swarm over the two targets that are still on the floor and acting aggressively, Finna and Kirbel.

Kirbel is moving towards the stairs, but the rats are on him.


Attack on Finna: d6&d6&d6 = (1) & (6) & (2) = 162 - 1 Hit
Kirbel: d6&d6&d6&d6 = (5) & (4) & (5) & (2) = 5452

If Finna or Kirbel wants to parry, that is fine. You usually declare before the attack is roll, but we'll find some solution that doesn't slow down play too much.

Please take your actions.


If you have any questions regarding combat mechanics, feel free to ask.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 528084. karlkrlarsson
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (1) & (6) & (2) =
  • 162
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 10:18 am
  • [+]
  • 528085. karlkrlarsson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (5) & (4) & (5) & (2) =
  • 5452
  • Thu Apr 3, 2014 10:19 am
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmm, did you mix up Lin and Silas Karl?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
gruntl wrote:

Hmm, did you mix up Lin and Silas Karl?


I messed up several things. The above post should be corrected now.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [17] |