Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
406 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [17] | 

Mutant: År Noll» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The People at the End of Time [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Kirbel moves slowly around, the area seems safe enough, there seems to be no physical presence intent on harming you. Kirbel opens his coat a bit, it is warmer here.

Finna reaches the buses in the front of the station. In the one with a hole in it she find several strange metal pieces. She has seen such before, they are the remains of bullets. The casing ejected from sophisticad guns when they are fired. They are old and rused, used long ago.

A trail of them lead into a bus. She enters it,the door handle is strangly warm. In the isle is a dead body in a large tarnished coat. Further in the bus are several more bodies. There is nothing left except the skeleton and their clothes.

Lin finds several round flat metal objects on the ground. There are words on them, and a picture of a buss. It is warm in her hand.

Please roll Zone Knowledge. But don't let that roll stop you from taking your next action.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finna looks around if there are warm clothes they could still use, that don't have to many holes or could easily be fixed. If so the takes them of the bodies.

1d6& 1d6& 1d6&1d6& 1d6 = (4) & (4) & (1) & (5) & (5) = 44155
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525105. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6&1d6& 1d6 =
  • (4) & (4) & (1) & (5) & (5) =
  • 44155
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:20 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel suddenly wonders why it is so warm here.

Smarts d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (5) & (5) & (1) & (6) & (3) = 55163
Zone Knowledge d6 = (2) = 2

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525217. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (5) & (5) & (1) & (6) & (3) =
  • 55163
  • Smarts
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 525218. Brent Johnson
  • d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Zone Knowledge
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Kirbel looks around; there is no frost on the ground. Then a horrible realization strikes him. It is the Rot! They have wandered into a sector with unusually high concentration of Rot. They might not be in any danger right now, but if they stay here too long, they will get sick; much sicker than one usually gets after being in the Zone.

Finna flips over the nearest body to see if she can get the coat of. Underneath the body is a small metal object. It looks like one of the junkguns the Junk Heads make, just in much better condition. The gun is small, black and slick, but the loading is very unusual to Finna. She isn't sure where to put the bullet in. It is an artifact from the previous age.

We will deal with the Rot rolls later.

The gun is more advanced than the current technology rating of the Ark. To figure out of it works, someone needs to make a succesful, well, Figure out roll.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel takes off at a run toward the place he last saw Finna. He calls out, "Otiak! Finna! We've got to get out of here! The Rot here is very bad!"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Smarts d6 = (5) = 5

Lin picks up a couple of the metal disks. She tries to launch one with her sling - looks like it could actually work. She grabs a handful of them to show Kirbel, but when she hears about Rot it makes her forget about everything else.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525332. schizoid
  • d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Smarts
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 pm
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finna pockets the gun and takes off after the warning. She whistles and her dog follows.

Once she is outside the compound she tries to figure it out

1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 = (5) & (6) & (4) & (2) & (3) = 56423
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525363. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 =
  • (5) & (6) & (4) & (2) & (3) =
  • 56423
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:04 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Finna finally figures out where the bullets go. It turns out she doesn't have to load one bullet at a time, but rather put them in a clip. This makes it possible to fire several bullets in a row. Silas tells her this weapon was called a machine pistol.

You are through the Bus station sector. Do you want to continue on the route you had planned? Here is a map with what you know, and the planned route.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Do you want to continue on the route you had planned?
Yes, please.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Waiting for a little on Silas and Otiak.

Your three hours in the hot Zone got you all 3 Rot Points. In your next post, you can all roll Rot. For each 1 you roll, you get 1 trauma (of my choice).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Once Otiak gets to the second floor he scouts around, looking for clues as to who the people of this building was, where they have gone and whether they left anything of value in the building. Noticing the boards and numbers, he reads each of them to look for clues. Then he searches in each and every room up on the second floor.

Scout: 1d6 = (3) = 31d6 = (2) = 21d6 = (3) = 31d6 = (6) = 6

((Does he find anything of importance / interest that might be wanted by Otiak?))

About 15 minutes after he begins searching the rooms he hears what sounds like Kirbel shouting outside in a slightly panicked voice. He is quite far away though, and busy searching the rooms.

Rolling to see if he hears what Kirbel would have said about the rot: sensitivity? Sense: 1d6 = (1) = 11d6 = (1) = 11d6 = (2) = 21d6 = (3) = 3

If he hears what Kirbel shouted; he grabs the items of importance / interest that he came across and runs out to join the others, worried about the rot.

// If he doesn't hear what was shouted, he would continue searching. Until, hopefully he was forced to be aware of the dangers!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525568. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am
  • [+]
  • 525569. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am
  • [+]
  • 525570. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am
  • [+]
  • 525571. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am
  • [+]
  • 525575. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am
  • [+]
  • 525576. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am
  • [+]
  • 525577. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am
  • [+]
  • 525578. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 am
  • [+]
  • 525581. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 am
  • [+]
  • 525582. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 am
  • [+]
  • 525583. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 am
  • [+]
  • 525584. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 am
  • [+]
  • 525585. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 am
  • [+]
  • 525586. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 am
  • [+]
  • 525587. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 am
  • [+]
  • 525588. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
From his vantag point, Otiak feels certain there are no others nearby. While the others search below, Otiak looks around the building. He finds some of the wires the Junk Heads seem to like, and a little pile of silver wrapped grub. The grub is rot infeseted though, so little use unless one is desperate.

He hears the voice of Kirbel, and quickly moves to follow the others.

Sensitivity is more about an emotional connection. Your first roll of scout wasenough. Your character is aware of dangers as they come.

Also, you forgot the Rot roll.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
((How do I roll rot?))
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I wrote a post in the OOC, but I see I didn't explain it very well. You roll a number of dice equal to your current rot. In this case 3. Every 1 you roll gives you a point of Trauma. The type of Trauma is the GMs choice.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Rot damage: 1d6 = (6) = 61d6 = (2) = 21d6 = (5) = 5
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525792. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 525793. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 525794. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel Rot d6&d6&d6 = (1) & (3) & (1) = 131

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525911. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (1) & (3) & (1) =
  • 131
  • Rot
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 am
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas wanders about seemingly lost in thought. He tries to picture the people who used to live here. Did they know what was coming the day they died, or were they caught unaware?

While walking he keeps an eye out for any round stones, and picks up the ones he finds. He then heads into one of the low buildings and tries to see if he can find any books or other useful stuff.


Scout roll
Scout: 0
Smarts (4): 1d6&1d6&1d6&1d6 = (4) & (3) & (6) & (2) = 4362
Result:



He exits the building and meets Finna who shows him her find. He recognizes the weapon from one of the picture albums he has home at the Ark and tells Finna its name.

When Kirbel starts shouting about the Rot he immediately starts panicking and shoos the others to get a move on while half running away from the compound.


Rot roll: 1d6&1d6&1d6 = (5) & (6) & (3) = 563
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 526091. gruntl
  • 1d6&1d6&1d6&1d6 =
  • (4) & (3) & (6) & (2) =
  • 4362
  • Smarts (4):
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 526094. gruntl
  • 1d6&1d6&1d6 =
  • (5) & (6) & (3) =
  • 563
  • roll:
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Rot still needed for Finna and Lin.

Kirbel gets 2 wounds.


As soon as you leave the bus station Kirbel starts to throw up. You go on as long as you can from the dangerous Rot, dragging Kirbel with you. When you finally stop, it is because Kirbel is so exhausted he needs a break. It is noon.

The area you are in now consists of over twenty long four-story buildings. They are all grey concrete, standing neatly in row, completely identical. Between them are open spaces, strange metal statues, benches and tables.

From most of the doorways are long trails of suicases and rucksacks, as if people were standinging or running in line, and then suddenly dropped everything. The trail seems to converge some place between the buildings.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Rot roll: d6 & d6 & d6 = (1) & (2) & (4) = 124

I think I can Withstand this?
Ability Calmness 5 d6 & d6 & d6 & d6 & d6 = (1) & (6) & (6) & (1) & (3) = 16613
Skill: Withstand 2 d6 & d6 = (2) & (4) = 24



Lin puts Kirbel on a bench. "Don't worry boss, I will carry you, if there will be need. But you will be better, I know."

If Lin would try to heal Kirbel - what do we know about healing Rot? Any known in-game methods, or we just invent something?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 526124. schizoid
  • d6 & d6 & d6 =
  • (1) & (2) & (4) =
  • 124
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 526125. schizoid
  • d6 & d6 & d6 & d6 & d6 =
  • (1) & (6) & (6) & (1) & (3) =
  • 16613
  • Calmness 5
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 526126. schizoid
  • d6 & d6 =
  • (2) & (4) =
  • 24
  • Withstand 2
  • Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Withstand works just like that. Lin is fine.

The way to heal wounds is to eat grub. Simple as that. But a little care wouldn't hurt either
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
karlkrlarsson wrote:

The way to heal wounds is to eat grub. Simple as that. But a little care wouldn't hurt either
what about the skill named Heal?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rot rolls: 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 = (4) & (4) & (3) = 443
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 526340. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 =
  • (4) & (4) & (3) =
  • 443
  • Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
No damage to Finna.

Schizoid: Skills can be used in storytelling. Say, you want to nurture a sick boss, and earn is eternal gratitude. That would be a heal roll.

All skills also have a clear mechanical function. For heal, it is healing Broken characters. You are broken when one of your abilities reaches 0.

SO, what do you want to do in the new sector.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Around half way between the large ark station and the grey square towers in the distance, Otiak is becoming fed up of Kirbel slowing the group's pace down. Eventually, when Lin mentions that she'll carry Kirbel Otiak begins raising his voice. "You two are starting to slow this expedition down quite drastically! Kirbel obviously needs medical assistance from the heal people, the doctas, those people who make other people better when people are dying! Kirbel must be dying, that is why we need help, of course!" Otiak obviously has little clue as to what he is talking about.

In the distance he sees large grey monolithic towers sprouting out of the ground and climbing up into the sky, he points to them dramatically. "Ho! Perhaps we can find supplies of heal stuff in the towers, surely if we give our little friend all the tonics; that nasty rot stuff will disappear... right!? Let's move out, before our little friend dies!" He jogs on, hoping the others will follow and not slow down too much.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel, who is almost as big as Otiak, glowers at the bruiser, but says nothing.

He stares at the lines of dropped baggage, and considers. If people were waiting in line, then most likely they were headed for a pinch point. So they were going toward the unseen place where the lines converged, not away from it. And since they had baggage, it seemed likely that they were going to some sort of transport. That would be worth checking out.

"Come on," he rasps to Lin. "There's bound to be all sorts of nice stuff in that baggage, but let's see where the lines go. It may be another place like the Ark."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [17] |