Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
406 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 

Mutant: År Noll» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The People at the End of Time [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
I am giving Lin 2 Grub.

Lin can't find anything willing to sell her a coat. Such a piece of clothing would be too fancy for a meer slave.

Then a blanket probably? Lin will make some kind of poncho out of it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Jan, the how is just as interesting as the what, but for the sake of progress, and the discussion in OOC, I am just going to push on.

Word has spread that you are going outside, and since everyone seems to have a friend in the missing party, many are more helpful than you are used to. A large sheet of rough wool is donated, so Lin and Finna get their blanket.

Silas, respected as he is, also finds it easy to trade for what he asks for. Someone even sells him a lighter.

With a tense smile, Johammed also donates a bottle of water to each of you, so you are not to thirst on your journey.

I am updating all the sheets.

Waiting a bit for Brent and Phillip, in case they want to pursue something before departure.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Otiak had briefly met Finna and spoke about the arrangements for the upcoming expedition, ensuring that she had been invited to come along and that plans were set. Before setting out for the expedition Otiak returns to his sleeping quarters; picks up his backpack and places into this his sleeping blanket and metal-capped spiked hiking boots. Feeling that some more equipment would be necessary for the winter expedition he travels to the merchant stretch of the main platform and seeks out a seller who can provide a tent, a winter coat and a shovel. Usually this would cost 5 bullets, however Otiak's intimidating presence and reputation of being brutal does favours in getting the merchant to lower the price to 2 bullets.

Rolling for the action:

Ability dice - Str 5 1d6 = (3) = 31d6 = (1) = 11d6 = (5) = 51d6 = (6) = 61d6 = (6) = 6
Skill dice - Intimidate 3 1d6 = (5) = 51d6 = (4) = 41d6 = (2) = 2

Otiak's reputation carries his intimidating presence forward successfully; the merchant realises that he would rather sell his wares at a cheaper price, than to be beaten to a pulp by the rough bruiser. However, knowledge
of the ways Otiak deals with people gets out to the local citizens; further increasing their fear of him, but doing no favours for his friendships or the dream of one day being helpful instead of a brute.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 523096. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 am
  • [+]
  • 523097. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 am
  • [+]
  • 523098. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 am
  • [+]
  • 523099. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 am
  • [+]
  • 523100. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 am
  • [+]
  • 523101. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 am
  • [+]
  • 523102. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 am
  • [+]
  • 523103. WolfGreen
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel Smarts d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (5) & (1) & (6) & (5) & (5) = 51655 Figure Out d6&d6&d6 = (6) & (4) & (4) = 644

Kirbel heads outside and, after looking around cautiously, enters a nearby building. He knocks a hole in the drywall and starts prying it loose, cursing occasionally when it crumbles in his hands. Finally, though, he manages to expose swaths of fiberglass insulation. He pulls it loose and starts to stuff it into his shirt.

Now he really curses. He hadn't counted on it being so itchy. After considering for a few moments, he goes over to some moldering upholstered benches and cuts most of the upholstery loose. With fiberglass batting wrapped and draped around his clothes, he uses strips of upholstery to tie broader pieces of upholstery around the insulation, holding it in place. Some adjustments are needed to allow freer movement of his joints, and the resulting tufts of fiberglass look a little ridiculous, but already he is feeling pretty warm. With exertion, he might even end up too warm! He'd just have to experiment with the thickness.

It's too bad he'd run out of that marvelous gray tape. That would have been really handy right now.

Satisfied with the current status of his experiment, Kirbel goes back to the wall and begins pulling on cables and cutting them loose. These he wraps around his waist. Finally he makes a dash back to the Ark, his tools banging about noisily on his back as he clatters down the stairs.

A startled Ark-dweller goggles at his strange appearance. "What are you looking at?" Kirbel growls.

3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 523148. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (5) & (1) & (6) & (5) & (5) =
  • 51655
  • Smarts
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 am
  • [+]
  • 523149. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (6) & (4) & (4) =
  • 644
  • Figure Out
  • Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Into the Zone
That is a coat Brent, right? All other equipment added. Philip, I am going to change a bit what you added to the sheet, so you get to see the bonuses it gives as well. Also, each item (unless it is small), fills one slot. So one the sheet is full, your pack is full.

I am hoping to add a map later today.



It is early morning, and for the first time in a long time, people are sharing food with you. You eat well, better than in a long time. But when you have finished everyone is looking at you, aren't you supposed to be going?, it looks like they are thinking.

You put on your warm clothes and backpack, and walk up the stairs to the surface. The sunshine stings in your eyes, and its reflection on the frosted ground makes it worse. With just a nod, you walk on, the sun in your backs.

You pass through an area you have been before. Hastily erected fences and old trucks reveal that someone once assembled here for something. The Old One told you that during the War before this age, the people living here constructed a small military base for protection. The area is bleak and depressing, the only color is a faded blue and yellow piece of cloth burried in a heap of concrete. The base has been a great source for bullets for many years, and Kirbel even found his rifle here. It has long since been picked clean. Nothing remains of interest. Still, you have to be careful. Moving through the ruined base takes you an hour.

You now stand at the point furthest from the Ark you have ever been. Some Zone Wanderers have gone this far, but many also never return. In front of you is a peculiar sight. It is like the station you came from, but over ground. It is also much larger, there are also several large burnt out vehicles here, but these ones are on wheels. Between the various platforms are long one-level buildings. Some are obviously for people, but some look more like garages and storages.


To avoid confusion, am just going to say what it is. It is a bus station.

Without a Zone Wanderer, you are at a slight disadvantage when it comes to exploring new Zones. New sectros can yield artifacts and other things, but also danger. At this point you will have to explain what you your characters want to do. What are they exploring, are they just hurrying through? Exploring it will take 4 hours. It is now 8 in the morning.

Zone exploration is a bit more mechanical than time in the Ark. I will be tracking things like radiation, environment, time of day, and as you will have to be out for several days, food and water as well. Just ask as we go along, and I am sure it will go fine.

Remember that will I am tracking these things, you still have to do the exploring.

The sun in your backs thing is just my way of saying you are going west. You'll see on the map when I post it. If you look at the map previous page, you have left the Ark in square N8, gone through the safe N9 square, and are about the enter the unknown N10 square.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest we do some exploring, you never know if we can find anything special.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin shakes her head. "It looks like our Ark, but bigger. If this place has their own People, they are many many times more than us." She syas this quietly, not sure whether anyone will be listening.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
That is a coat Brent, right?
Yes, that was a coat!

"I think we should press on," says Kirbel. "We are out here with two purposes: first, to deal with the water supply; and second, to find out what happened to Vorhans. The longer we poke around doing unrelated things, the more danger we put ourselves in to no purpose."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
This is always a tricky situation. Everyone says what you think you should do, but no one actually does it. I remember a game were all the players wrote at least two post about how they took position around a door, but no one actually opened it.

Sometimes I appoint a steady poster as a leader, and it is his or her job to cut through the discussion, and act. I am not going to do so here, but I hope it will happen organically.

Don’t be afraid to push your decisions on the other players, just do it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know but I do find it hard to do, I find that it's more about teamwork so running stuff with the others comes natural here
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finna heads out with her dog towards the compound. Well if there are people maybe they could help us. Finna heads over there and Fingo his nose is in the air to bark whenever something is wrong. Arriving at the compound it still seems to be quiet. Finga quickly finds an entrance into the place and starts looking throught the busses parked alongside. It would have been a great place to sleep and put reserves in there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Don't get me wrong. Talking about what to do is fine, as long as someone eventually dose something.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Otiak is extremely curious about the landmark they had discovered; thinking to himself that whoever or whatever lived here must have been quite confident in order to live outside on top of the earth, instead of hiding away like the people of the Ark have done. He notes the much larger territory and wonders how many more people had lived here and also wondered as to why it is so eerily quiet now.

He looks for the tallest point of this location; if there is a signal / control tower he would point towards that "If we are to get a better view of this place and understand its purpose, it might be better to provide ourselves with a good vantage point."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Not to mention, it would help anyone see you from a long distance away," grumbles Kirbel.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
Otiak stares at Kirbel for a moment before speaking "..There is nothing out here that either, we cannot handle, or that cares about hunting us. In fact, if it were Vorhans who was to spot us; we could go conduct the water supply mission that we have been sent on and get back home sooner. Just think, if we discover ancient ruins or items from before the fallout we would become heroes in rebuilding and restrengthening our civilisation."

With that said, Otiak moves towards the tower.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel watches Otiak sourly. "It takes a lot less time to die of thirst than it does to rebuild a civilization."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin stays behind Kirbel. "Well, they are really going. Nothing we can do. Are we going too, boss?" She really hopes that Kirbel would say "no." Let that stupid Otiak be captured by the People of the Big Arc. She feels kinda sorry about Finna though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel shrugs. "We're going too. In the absence of known dangers, it's wiser to stick together."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin sighs and follows Kirbel. Everything looks strange. She is turning her head left and right, fascinated by the alien world around her, while, out of habit, looking for some useful stuff that Kirbel could use.


Ability dice - Smarts 1 1d6 = (4) = 4
Skill dice - Figure out 3 d6 & d6 & d6 = (2) & (5) & (3) = 253


But nothing stands out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 524237. schizoid
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Ability dice - Smarts 1
  • Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 524238. schizoid
  • d6 & d6 & d6 =
  • (2) & (5) & (3) =
  • 253
  • Skill dice - Figure out 3
  • Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
 It isn't much of a tall point, just the only two-story building in this strange location. There are boards on every platform with words and numbers, and this building has the most. From the top, Otiak can't see far, but he gets a good view of their present location. Down below he sees Finna moving through a line of busses, finding nothing. 

Towards the exit of the station on the other side of where they came in, Otiak can see several buses lined up. It looks like they were about to drive away, but now they stand there, motionless. The first bus has a giant hole in the side.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really swamped with work at the moment so I'm just going to make a short post for now.

Silas is excited like a small kid (well, not that the People would recognize the excitement as such) at being away from the Ark. When Finna and Otiak heads off to explore he joins them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
By the way, Scout is the roll for finding danger. You can roll it whenever you enter a new sector, or in other suitable situations.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finna and Fingo look around the fence of busses but don't seem to be finding anything interesting. Then as she heads out of the last bus her eyes fall on the line of busses at the end of the compound. They look like they where ready to move out. There was no sign of people so they wouldn't have just left like that and left the busses behind. She decides to get over there and have a look.

Scout roll: (sorry didn't look at the result but I just thought I was mistyping the roller again) 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 = (3) & (1) & (1) & (3) & (3) = 31133
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 524756. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 5d6 =
  • (3 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 5) =
  • 14
  • Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 524758. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6& 1d6 =
  • (3) & (1) & (1) & (3) & (3) =
  • 31133
  • Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel moves forward warily, looking about for...well, for anything of interest, dangerous or not.

Scout Smarts d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (3) & (3) & (4) & (6) & (3) = 33463

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 524777. Brent Johnson
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (3) & (3) & (4) & (6) & (3) =
  • 33463
  • Scout Smarts
  • Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 pm
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin follows Kirbel. Back in the Arc, he was a person with a plan. Here he looks less certain. Give him some time. He will figure everything out. This thought makes Lin feel better.
She sees Otiak on the top of the building. This reminds her to pick a some stones for her sling. She finds some metallic-shining thing that could be used instead of stones and puts the in the pockets of her shorts.
What else could Lin possibly find on the ground?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] |