Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
406 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 

Mutant: År Noll» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The People at the End of Time [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think shoot is a bit early, isn't it more that now she is trying to set up a team of hunters? This is what she would actually do, just find some hunters/forresters who can go with her.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I think shoot is a bit early, isn't it more that now she is trying to set up a team of hunters? This is what she would actually do, just find some hunters/forresters who can go with her.

Don't think of one action being one roll. This roll may actually be several days, or even weeks worth of work. Thus shooting isn't just shooting, but could be thinking or talking about the best way to hunt.

Also, she had asked permission to do something, she hasn't actually done anything. Push the envelope.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Make up some NPCs, some issues she resolves or ideas she discusses, and bring things into reality
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After speaking to Johammed Finna realises even more that some stuff needs to be taking care off. She needs to find a small group of hunters and foresters to accompagny her on her trip. She has some connections around the camp and finds 4 others: Kael, Jordan, Christos and Ristha. She have known them for some time and they are trustworthy. Well she's not entirely sure about Christos who is linked to Boss Marlote, but she will have to do if they are going to do this in the short term.

The party quickly moves out of the Ark and Finna keeps in mind of Johammed's advice not to loose the Ark out of sight. With the group they travel light and quick, moving through was is left of this world.

(1d6)&(1d6) = ( (4) ) & ( (4) ) = 44

But they are unsuccesfull and return to the Ark with nothing to show off. Johammed is understanding since they are a newly formed crew and agrees them to head out another time but Marlotte, informed by Chirstos as Finna was afraid off was furious. She proclaimed that Finna was just wasting resources on her own petty ideas. Johammed has seen a chance to calm Marlotte down but the next time this can't go wrong.

a bit more like this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518157. Barad_the_dwarf
  • (1d6)&(1d6) =
  • ( (4) ) & ( (4) ) =
  • 44
  • Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:19 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Great, though it doesn't always have to be that long . Do you want to push the roll? A success could use the same story, as Finna might not have caught anything, but still learned something.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Later that day, Lin remembers that Silas asked her to find some old books. During her daily inventory pass, she found several old ones, damaged by water and unusable for anything that Kirbel does.

I'm working on Cultivation project.
Ability dice - Strength 4 d6&d6&d6&d6 = (2) & (4) & (2) & (1) = 2421
Skill dice - Endure 3 d6&d6&d6 = (1) & (1) & (2) = 112

Pushing Myself - rerolling all dice but one Hazard die in Ability.
Ability dice - Strength 4-1 d6&d6&d6 = (6) & (4) & (3) = 643
Skill dice - Endure 3 d6&d6&d6 = (6) & (6) & (2) = 662

Result: 3 successes, but 1 Hazard on Ability => 1 Trauma on Strength + 1 MP


Lin manages to find a big stash of thick books, exactly like Silas needed. But while searching for them, she wounded her shoulder with something sharp sticking from one of the shopping carts.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518236. schizoid
  • d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (2) & (4) & (2) & (1) =
  • 2421
  • Ability dice - Strength 4
  • Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 518237. schizoid
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (1) & (1) & (2) =
  • 112
  • Skill dice - Endure 3
  • Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 518240. schizoid
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (6) & (4) & (3) =
  • 643
  • Ability dice - Strength 4-1
  • Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 518241. schizoid
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (6) & (6) & (2) =
  • 662
  • Skill dice - Endure 3
  • Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:49 pm
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas is busy trying to find useful information among the notes and partly ruined books that the Old Man left him. He rubs his eyes and sighs, he's all but certain that he's read something in the past about mushroom cultivation and water supply, but where did that book go?

When Lin comes by and drops of the books he shines up. She always has that effect on him for some reason. She might be a slave (for now), but Silas knows that she has a spark inside her to become something else.

"Thank you Lin, I'm sure these will be really useful! Come here, let me tell you about the project I'm working on...", he starts off and describes his plans for creating a mushroom cave in the Ark.

When Lin leaves he starts reading the books she left him and rapidly realizes that this is exactly the books he needed. It's all in there. Excited he learns all about how to find the correct type of (edible) mushroom and how to prepare a bed for the cultivation. It's hard work, but it should be possible with some help.

He goes to Vikton and describes the plans. Silas knows that Vikton is rarely able to turn down new projects, it's finishing them that is his problem. With the help of some of Vikton's crew and a couple of Silas' own group he starts the cultivation project just further into the service track where he has his home.


Rolling Zone knowledge to further the Cultivation project.
Smarts (4): d6&d6&d6&d6 = (5) & (5) & (4) & (2) = 5542
Zone knowledge (1): 1d6 = (1) = 1

No successes. I'll push this roll, which means I reroll all of the dice I think? Skill dice do not trigger hazard on a 1.
Smarts: d6&d6&d6&d6 = (2) & (1) & (3) & (5) = 2135
Zone knowledge: 1d6 = (2) = 2

No successes, 1 hazard -> 1 MP and 1 point of Confusion (Smarts trauma).

Silas works tirelessly to find all of the useful information in the books, and drawing upon his innate knowledge of the Zone. But it proves too hard, the small tidbits of information he finds all seems to lead nowhere. All he's left with at the end of the day is a pulsing headache and a yearn to tear the limbs of someone or something.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518473. gruntl
  • d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (5) & (5) & (4) & (2) =
  • 5542
  • Smarts (4):
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am
  • [+]
  • 518474. gruntl
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Zone knowledge (1):
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 am
  • [+]
  • 518475. gruntl
  • d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (2) & (1) & (3) & (5) =
  • 2135
  • Smarts:
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am
  • [+]
  • 518476. gruntl
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Zone knowledge:
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 am
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin feels unhappy about Silas not being successful with his project. Now she is working in one of the dead-end tunnels, raking through piles of wet garbage, hoping to find something Kirbel won't frown on. It's been awhile since she brought him anything good.
Her hoe bumps into something, she fishes in the pile with both hands until she finds a piece of rotten wood. It crumbles in her hands into small pieces. Next time she see Silas, she will mention to him that rotten wood can be good for mushrooms too. That is, if she remembers about it by then.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Nothing from Brent and Philip yet. I am going to progress the plot. There is still time for them to get in on the projects.

A note on resources:
You will Eat 1 Grubb and drink 1 water each day. Since a day now passes, I will remove one from each. You don't lose anything during down time, so eventhough I fast forward a little, it will only be this one point. If you are out of Grub and Water, you will take trauma. So if you see you are running low, you should really roleplay some way to get more of it.

Lin with her Withstand skill is somewhat protected. She can roll it anytime she might suffer trauma, which includes lack of food and water.

Cultivation project: 3/15 points

Hunting Paries: 0/5 points


Before you know it, Mushrooms is all the Ark can talk about. It seems to distract people from all their other troubles. It even sems all the bosses also like the idea.

Two days pass, and the initial surge of excitment dies. People are starting to worry, Vorhans should have been back by now. There is talk that Zoneshades might have eaten him and his party.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirbel stalks around the Ark scowling. Mushrooms!

It's not that cultivating mushrooms is a bad idea. Kirbel has to admit that it's actually quite a good one. The problem is that most people are acting as if mushrooms are going to solve their food problems. But of course people can't live on mushrooms alone, even if they could grow enough of them in a sustained manner.

The issue with the hunting parties is almost worse. With such a limited range, there is little chance that the hunters will meet with much success. And any success they do have will no doubt be short-lived. No, the trick is going to be finding a way to extend the range of the hunting parties without overly compromising either the safety of the hunters or the defense of the Ark.

What is needed is some sort of long-range communication system. But it has to be one that won't draw attention to the Ark or to the hunters.

It's a tough nut to crack. Kirbel mulls it over as he repairs a few broken pieces of equipment for Johammed (who at least is still giving him work - and therefore food and water - even if he's still too mad at Kirbel to speak to him personally).

But Kirbel seems to be suffering from a failure of imagination.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lin learned a couple of things about growing mushrooms from Silas, and she starts to grow some by herself. In one of the dead-end tunnels where she is fishing useful stuff for Kirbel out of junk piles, she hides an old rusty bucket where she grows her own mushrooms. But these are not for food, but for "inspiration". She even manages to barter a couple of mushrooms for some grub. When the buyer asks where she got them, she tells him she found them on some decomposed log. She doesn't want to attract attention.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still a bit feeling bad about her failure Finna goes to Johammed and ask him is she can't help out. He really stuck his neck out for her so she does need to do something good in return. She offers to go on a scouting trip to see if she can't find any trace of Vorhan and his helpers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Johammed listens to Finna, when she is done, he nods, “You are right, I have already been talking to – Marlotte. We need to send a second expedition. Vorhans might have been a good Zone wanderer, but he was perhaps ill equipped for – other things. I think Marlotte wants to send Otiak. Discuss matters with him, and see if you can work something out.”

Johammed looks around, sees who he is looking for, Kirbel working on something in a corner, he whistles, “Come over here Kirbel. I have work for you. You are to go with Finna and find that water island that Vorhans talked about. What did you call it? Water purification plant? If you know what it is, maybe you can fix it. Now, what are you waiting for, go fix!”




Elsewhere Otiak is getting intscructions from Marlotte in private, “Johammed wants to send a second expedition to find Vorhans and that water island. As I would love for him to send all his guys to their death, we do have a serious problem with the water. I volunteered you to go with them. Make sure you fix the problem, and if you convience some of them to our side, even better.”

Any supplies you want to get, steal, but, whatever, before you leave? Also Silas must attatch himself to the plot. Lin aswell, unless we just assume she follows Kirbel.

New map. The red square is where the island is supposed to be. Green squares indicate safe and searched areas. Each square is about 1km

I am sorry about the size of the map, the next will be a better size.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
If Kirbel takes Lin, she certainly goes. We had a scene where he sorta promised

What are the weather conditions outside?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
It is cold, but above freezing during the day, windy. During the night it can dip below freezing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has Silas' point of Confusion trauma been healed (you normally get rid of one point of confusion per 3-4 hours of sleep)? Or maybe the project work is more of an extended check leaving him a bit confused as he leaves the Ark?

Working with the mushroom project makes Silas tired and a bit grumpy. Nevertheless he is persuaded to perform a recital of "Wisdom of the Old One" (collected words of the Old One) to bolster the morale of the People in these trying times. Johammed even promises him some grub in exchange if the performance will make people a bit happier. Silas' grub stash is almost completely empty, so he doesn't really have the luxury to turn the boss down (something that Johammed probably know very well).


I'll use my talent to try and perform to get grub. That's an Inspire check, and I get 1d6 grub/bullets per success.
Sensitivity (5) d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 = (4) & (1) & (2) & (4) & (4) = 41244
Inspire (2) 1d6&1d6 = (3) & (4) = 34


Silas feels really drained and starts off in a rambling a somewhat confusing tirade of obtuse proverbs.
"Never tread on the yellow marks of ice."
"Never put your blankets on the heat-boxes"
, ...

The audience seems quite bored and some of them starts to leave. Johammed looks quite annoyed and Silas tries to pick up the slack.


Pushing the roll, 1 hazard was rolled above.
Sensitivity reroll (4) d6&d6&d6&d6 = (2) & (6) & (1) & (5) = 2615
Inspire (2) d6&d6 = (5) & (6) = 56
Final result:
2 successes, 2 hazards.
Grub obtained: 2d6 = (6 + 1) = 7

Also taking 2 points of Doubt trauma and getting 2 more MPs.


Remembering more of the exciting passages in the writings of the Old One, Silas tells the People the "Parable of the Shining Globe". This is a huge success and even Johammed seems to be impressed. Silas just feels empty afterwards, what's the point in telling all these stories when the People is on the brink of killing each other over a stupid power struggle?

Johammed waves Silas over and gives him a small bag filled with dried fish.
"Well done, Chronicler! Hearing that old Parable reminded me that your lot can be useful at times. Your esoteric knowledge might come in handy for another task. I need you to go with Kirbel, Fianna and Otiak to try and check what happened to Vorhans and where our water supply has gone."

Silas stays silent for some time, then he nods, looks Johammed in the eye and says,
"I will go with them, not because you tell me to, but because I *know* that my knowledge will be critical for this expedition".
Then he leaves to go and find the others.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 520789. gruntl
  • d6&d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (4) & (1) & (2) & (4) & (4) =
  • 41244
  • Sensitivity (5)
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:05 pm
  • [+]
  • 520790. gruntl
  • 1d6&1d6 =
  • (3) & (4) =
  • 34
  • Inspire (2)
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 520793. gruntl
  • d6&d6&d6&d6 =
  • (2) & (6) & (1) & (5) =
  • 2615
  • Sensitivity reroll (4)
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 520794. gruntl
  • d6&d6 =
  • (5) & (6) =
  • 56
  • Inspire (2)
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 520795. gruntl
  • 2d6 =
  • (6 + 1) =
  • 7
  • Grub obtained:
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:14 pm
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
It is cold, but above freezing during the day, windy. During the night it can dip below freezing.
Looks like Lin needs a winter wardrobe. What are the options?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
((OOC: Hey guys, I have been away for the last few days and going to be busy this weekend, however I can do a post now and tomorrow before I go, I will try to keep on top of this role-play when I am away, however I am back properly from Monday. Just keeping you updated and in the know.))
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgreen
msg tools
Avatar
After the gathering of the peoples and the speak of finding new water supplies, Otiak walks off with Marlotte down to her private office quarters. "Agreed, the water source is a genuine problem; however, it doesn't necessarily have to be Vorhan who gets ahead in this expedition. Say, an unfortunate accident was to happen; then we convinced the other group members that our call, our ideas are the only way to carry The People forward into a new age of enlightenment and progression. The problem shall be fixed; and as you request, I'll not risk the lives or the people in order to get ahead at this stage."


"I have a certain acquaintance that might be of great help with this kind of expedition; you know, the dog handler Finna? She is well known to be comparatively more competent than a lot of people in the Ark; her hunting and tracking skills, aided by... that dog. Would be beneficial. I am not sure if you have spoken to her already, however if you agree then I shall go and speak to her."

After Marlotte agrees, Otiak would go and speak with Finna about the upcoming expedition.

(I won't do a build mission this time; as I have missed most of that discussion)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Johammed looks around, sees who he is looking for, Kirbel working on something in a corner, he whistles, “Come over here Kirbel. I have work for you. You are to go with Finna and find that water island that Vorhans talked about. What did you call it? Water purification plant? If you know what it is, maybe you can fix it. Now, what are you waiting for, go fix!”
Kirbel starts to respond, then thinks better of it. He goes off in search of Lin. "All right, Lin, you'd better pack up. It seems we're going after Vorhans to find out what happened to him and to find out what happened to the water supply. We'll probably need some tools, but I can't predict which, so we're going to have to go with the most general-purpose ones.

"That spade with the broken handle might be good to take, but we won't bother to fix it now. In fact, we might as well remove the rest of the handle. If we need to use the spade, I'm sure we can find something that I can rig as a handle."


Kirbel settles down with Lin picking through the junk piles for potentially useful things.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Yes, Silas is healed. I am seeing you are doing a good job of updating your character sheet yourself, I won't interfere with that, if it suits you.

schizoid: Here is the post with gear to buy: Stuff to buy
Coat, blanket, boots and tent, all gives bonuses against cold. Problem though is that Lin doesn't have any money (bullets). Still, she has the Withstand skill, making her extra resistant.

Philip: No worries, you can roll for project later if you like. Current projects are Cultivation (mushrooms) and hunting parties.

I need a post from each of you that you are ready to leave on your expedition. You must be very specific if you want to acquire anything before you leave. Remember that you can both just barter for anything on the list above, but you can also try to get your hands on grub, water or gear by roleplayng.

Actually, we can start right now, if Lin can make a Figure out roll, she finds some helpful tools for Kirbel.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb

karlkrlarsson wrote:

schizoid: Here is the post with gear to buy: Stuff to buy
Coat, blanket, boots and tent, all gives bonuses against cold. Problem though is that Lin doesn't have any money (bullets).

Lin got some grub from selling hallucinogenic mushroon. I'd like to barter it for a coat. Sounds okay?

Now let's try that Figure out roll:

Ability dice - Smarts 1 d6 = (3) = 3
Skill dice - Figure out 3 d6&d6&d6 = (3) & (5) & (1) = 351

Well, I guess with only 1 in Smarts I'm not pushing.



Lin spends a few hours looking for the right stuff, but she is too excited about the upcoming expedition, she just cannot concentrate.
Later that day: "Sorry boss, could not find nothing. I guess all the good junk is hiding from me today. I'm sorry." She sniffles in the most miserable way possible. "Please, don't get mad."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 521580. schizoid
  • d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Ability dice - Smarts 1
  • Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:31 pm
  • [+]
  • 521581. schizoid
  • d6&d6&d6 =
  • (3) & (5) & (1) =
  • 351
  • Skill dice - Figure out 3
  • Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:32 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I am giving Lin 2 Grub.

Lin can't find anything willing to sell her a coat. Such a piece of clothing would be too fancy for a meer slave.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas tells the people guarding the water supply that he needs a skin of water for the expedition. If they complain he tells them to go and see Johammed or any of the bosses. He wants to get some water for free (but will barter for it if needed).

Silas also tries to find some more useful stuff to have out in the wilderness. He tries to get hold of a sling, a rope, two torches, and a lighter and will barter bullets to get this.

Going by the list of gear this will cost Silas 4 bullets. If he has to barter for the water he will pay this with grub. He wants 4 rations of water in total.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get my hands on a blanket and some grub.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] |