Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
369 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [15] | 

Stunning Eldritch Tales» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2014 Newbie PbF Initiative - Devourers in the Mist IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yea', but I think we shouldn't split up too far or we'd get lost in t'is jungle. Stay in speakin' distance I'd suggest."

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I nod to Charlie and walk into the direction I'm facing at the moment Kolping for water. To keep contact to the others I whistle and every Minute I shout out wether I have found something or not.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfox wrote:
Looking at the sun, Charlie states "Given the position of the sun an' the vegetation 'round here, I think we need to start searchin' for firewood soon, if we want to have some heat and light t'night." Then he points to the green vegetation. "We might find at least water in that direction, the trees are slightly greener here. Although we might end without a shelter for tonight, I think findin' water is essential for survivin'. What do ya'll think?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7

Charlie directs Felix and Irina in finding dry branches and kindle. After some work and time, they find enough to build a fire. Charlie piles up the wood, smallest on the bottom up to the larger branches on top. At first the lighter does not work, the wick still a bit west from the sea. Charlie is able to squeeze it out, and get the flint on the lighter to spark enough to start a flame. Euphoria comes over him, and he applies the flame to the smaller branches.

Pretty soon the fire start to burn, and the smaller branches ignite the larger ones, and before long the fire burns steady.


7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Freikonier wrote:
I nod to Charlie and walk into the direction I'm facing at the moment Kolping for water. To keep contact to the others I whistle and every Minute I shout out wether I have found something or not.

Leory ventures off to find another source of water and leaves the group to build a fire. As he walks into the jungle he is forced to whistle louder to prevent his whistling from being drowned out by the increaseing noise coming from the wind rustling the trees, bamboo and island foliage.

At first he did not notice the change in the noise around him, only once it became so loud and obvious that it was not the trees blowing in the wind. Instantly stopping his whistling, he hears a strange and bizarre guttural noise come from all directions. The noise makes no resemblance to anything he has heard before and is completely unintelligible.

The intensity of the sound increases and resonates through his body, Leory spins around looking in all directions, after seeing nothing he stands still in his tracks. After what seems like an eternity, the guttural noise subside, and the sound of the trees blowing in the wind returns.

Leory can make a Stability Test - TN 4. Failure cause a lost of 2 Stability Points.

Leory is unable to find any other water source in the immediate area around the group, and it is clear from the sun position that the day is near end. He returns to camp to see the others gathered around a small fire.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group want to explore some more or make camp for the night?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stability 1d6 = (4) = 4

I return to the camp looking a little bit pale-faced.
No water around here.
I hesitate.
Maybe you don't belive me, but again I tell you something strange is going on here. Its not just the Vegetation or strenge behaving snakes. Out there I heard a noise, like some sort of howling. It came from everywhere around me. I have never heard this before.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 533257. Freikonier
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Stability
  • Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:47 am
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The sun begins to drop below the horizon and the stranded group sits around the fire, mostly silent and reflecting on the events of the last 24 hours.

Irina, enjoying the warmth and the minor moment of normalcy in this crazy situation, suddenly notices the light of the fire reflecting off what appears to be a ghostly physical form standing no more than 1 meter away from her. Unaware of where this form came from, it has no eyes, mouth or any recognisable features beyond the dark shadow about the height of a normal human.

The others remain focused on the fire and clearly do not see anything or make notice of such a entity. As Irina focuses closer, she can begin to make out more details and see the form resembles that of a human being, but a human being that has no soul or form. It does not make a sound but it is clear from its actions that it is in great anguish. Within seconds it disappears...

Irina make a stability Check - TN 4. Failure causes a loss of 4 stability.

What is the plan for the night time? At this point, water has not been found and it is not an impairment. The human body can go without water for 24 hours, afterwards there will be some impairments (i.e. Tomorrow if water is not found)

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"So we'll sleep in shifts and take watch t'night? An' start searching for water tomorrow in the mornin' right away?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"You didn't see anything strange, did you?" Irina is a bit shaken by the apparition she just saw.

stability check 1d6 = (5) = 5
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 534109. Polgara
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • stability check
  • Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:44 pm
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

Felix has been quiet the whole night. He blames himself for failing to find water before the sunset.

Felix nods to Charlie. "Yes, there's no point to venture beyond the fire. Who knows what lurks in the darkness. We should rest and regain our strenght if that is even possible here."

"Keeping eye of the wilderness is a good idea. I take the first shift."


Felix turns to Irina. "Sorry, what is it? Maybe your exhausted mind is playing tricks on you." Felix tries to smile assuredly, but fails. "You should try to get some sleep, I'll keep guard."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"At first t'is strange snake attackin' us, then Leory heard that strange noise an' now you've seen somethin'? T'is island is gettin' weird ..."

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Thank you. Wake me when it's my turn to keep guard." Irina says, grateful for Felix' attempt to reassure her.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The others doze quickly off into a deep slumber, while Felix stands guard, much like the numerous stakeouts he had while on the police force

He remains alert while scanning and watching the trees and the night sky closely for any signs of activity. Any other night or place this would be a relaxing evening as the fire crackles in the background. But that sixth sense starts to peek the hairs on the back of Felix neck....

Felix please roll a Sense Trouble Check - TN 2
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to BOT Felix, not sure RL has interrupted with Padawan, but no activity on RPGG since 18 April.

Sense Trouble 1d6 = (1) = 1


Felix stays awake for a couple of hours, before his eyes close for a moment but then immediately re-open and see that nothing has changed.

The rhythmic swaying of the foliage finally takes a toll on him and he must get some sleep. Looking at the others napping by the fire he walks over to Charlie who is deep in slumber and begins to shake him - ¨Hey wake up, wake up...¨ Without evening looking to see if Charlie is awake, Felix keeps talking ¨I am going to lay down, nothing is going on here, you can take the next watch if you want but do not plan on seeing anything but blowing trees.¨

Walking back over to where he was sitting, he lies down on the earth, the damp earth he is laying on makes no difference as he falls asleep as soon as he is horizontal.

I was trying to see if there was a specific skill that would tell if Charlie wakes up, but do not see one...so I am fine with you call if that was enough to wake him up...

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 538019. TheBigE
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Sense Trouble
  • Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie rolls over and nearly lets loose on Felix, but is able to hold on at the very last second."What? Oh g'damn Felix, don't wake me that way if ya wanna stay'live longer!" Charlie grumbles, but gets up to take watch then.

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of a screen wipe here to the next day...

Charlie remains vigilant through the night which remains peaceful and sublime. The sounds of the jungle in the night turn to daylight as the sun begins to rise, and it does not take long before the sun is beating down on everyone causing them to wake up with the sudden change in temperature. Everyone looks around, and quickly realises they are still stranded and not in a dream.

Throats are dry, and everyone has a feeling of being a bit lightheaded as they awake.

A recap - You have basically survived the first day on the island. You still need to get some water as the effects of dehydrations are setting in and will get worse as the day goes on. You venture into the jungle has not been that deep, only deep enough to find a campground, and a few odds and ends.

Some additional jungle exploration is probably needed to find both food and water to survive.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina yawns, "Morning everyone. Don't know how you're all feeling, but I would really like something to drink." She looks around at the others, "I'll help, just tell me what I can do."

There were some options given already about how to find water, but my character isn't good at outdoorsy stuff, so I went for this just to get something started
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettienne Fourie
South Africa
Brackenfell
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
With a groan Leory gets to his feet. "Oh. Glad to see everyone's still alive. I can say with the certainty, that comes from years of experience in the rough outdoors on many an expedition I might add, that there is no water to be found where I looked." As he dusts off his clothes he remembers the somewhat disturbing events of the previous evening. "Did anyone see or hear anything strange yesterday?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix grimaces as he wakes and stretches. Old pains and aches plague him more than normal due to the terrible sleeping conditions. While he is glad to be alive, he wonders at how much longer that will be. Shaking off such negative thoughts, he focuses on the task at hand as he stands. "Yes, we definitely need to find water. As for strange, this whole place is strange. This damn jungle plays tricks on the mind. I thought for sure we'd get farther into the jungle yesterday, but we didn't even though we walked for quite some time. This place ain't right."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the plan to venture further into jungle? For what purpose and how will the group search? Also let me know if there is anything else you would like to do.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"This place is definitely strange. Maybe we can find water further into the jungle?" Irina looks around and then at the others, "What do we need to find water again? Lets get moving!" She gets up and waits for the others to join her.

I'm fine with going further into the jungle, but I'm open for other suggestions.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettienne Fourie
South Africa
Brackenfell
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Is there any chance I can use some Preparedness points to magically find a water bottle and/or brandy flask in my backpack, maybe along with some matches? Otherwise finding water won't be of much help if we can't carry it with us... although that might be a problem we need to solve explicitly...?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Water is t'e number one priority, yeah." Charlie adds still yawning. "So how do we start searchin'? Do we split up or do we go in groups?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Considering how strange and dangerous this place is, I'm not sure it's a good idea to split up. We wouldn't want to get permanently lost. Going as a group will cut down our effectiveness on finding water, but there is safety in numbers. Whoever's good at searching the outdoors can do that while the others keep their eyes open for dangers."

If I understand my abilities, I am pretty good at sensing trouble as I have 10 points in it. So I could be one of those who keeps a lookout.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
saffa wrote:
Is there any chance I can use some Preparedness points to magically find a water bottle and/or brandy flask in my backpack, maybe along with some matches? Otherwise finding water won't be of much help if we can't carry it with us... although that might be a problem we need to solve explicitly...?

Yes you can use your points. Matches have already been found in the backpack, but see this post - Preparedness Point Spend, so if you want to find a flask it would cost a point. If you want to go this route, feel free to narrate as such.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [15] |