Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
369 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Stunning Eldritch Tales» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2014 Newbie PbF Initiative - Devourers in the Mist IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

Felix snaps a five feet bamboo stick to lean on. He then turns to others and speaks slowly. "Water and shelter can be found in here, but it requires our combined effort. If there is no other reason for venturing deeper in the jungle, we can set up our camp here and collect rain and dew. However, that probably isn't the best solution in the long run."

"I'm quite sure that we're able to find springs deeper in the jungle. And around more lush vegetation, we should find edible fruits more easier. But who knows what unkown dangers lurk in the deeper parts. I think we need to take the risk and continue to search more resourceful areas."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sounds like a good plan, lead the way." Irina says, glad someone has an idea of how to proceed.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"T'is isn't my turf anyway, so I'm fine with'it." Charlie says shrugging his shoulders. He follows Felix's example and gets himself a bamboo stick, although he selects a much sturdier and shorter one, more or less the size of a baseball bat. Then he looks up to the sun, shielding his eyes with one hand. "Anyone got an idea how much sunlight we might've left fo' t'day?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Not sure, but it's light for now, so..." Irina sees the others take bamboo sticks, and decides to get one as well. She also snaps off a length of bamboo.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pawndawan wrote:
Felix Strode

Felix snaps a five feet bamboo stick to lean on. He then turns to others and speaks slowly. "Water and shelter can be found in here, but it requires our combined effort. If there is no other reason for venturing deeper in the jungle, we can set up our camp here and collect rain and dew. However, that probably isn't the best solution in the long run."

"I'm quite sure that we're able to find springs deeper in the jungle. And around more lush vegetation, we should find edible fruits more easier. But who knows what unkown dangers lurk in the deeper parts. I think we need to take the risk and continue to search more resourceful areas."


Felix leads the way, never one to follow but lead. Pressing forward into the jungle to look for some water or shelter. It is not long into the jungle before spotting what appears to be a strong collection of thick vegetation, perhaps a spring. It cannot be more than a 500 meters away, many nights on the beat and shooting at the gun range has taught him good distance recognition.

The crop of vegetation grows closer, certainly they have covered what he thought was 500 m, yet still they are not at the destination and still pretty far away. Felix is feeling a bit disoriented, it must be just the sun, pressing forward again and trying to focus the crop of vegetation and cover the remaining distances. Only to find out they still have not reached the vegetation, as he would have thought. Rubbing his eyes, he makes one last press forward to eventually reach the site of the thick vegetation, strange how it seemed like they went further than 500 meters to get here.

Felix can make a Stability Roll. Failure will cost the loss of 2 Stability Points.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Target Number - 4
.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfox wrote:
"T'is isn't my turf anyway, so I'm fine with'it." Charlie says shrugging his shoulders. He follows Felix's example and gets himself a bamboo stick, although he selects a much sturdier and shorter one, more or less the size of a baseball bat. Then he looks up to the sun, shielding his eyes with one hand. "Anyone got an idea how much sunlight we might've left fo' t'day?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7


Based on the location of the sun, Charlie figures it to be close to early afternoon and about 5 more hours of light. Streetwise Investigative Ability.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Polgara wrote:
"Not sure, but it's light for now, so..." Irina sees the others take bamboo sticks, and decides to get one as well. She also snaps off a length of bamboo.


Irina grabs the bamboo, pulls and tugs but finally gets one off before stumbling back a bit. This is really no place for a Charaltan.

Following the group into the Jungle, again climbing over bushes and uncharted land is not the speciality of a Charaltan, she often falls a bit behind the group. Never loosing sight, and eventually she can see Felix stopped up ahead at what appears to be a large crop of extremely dense vegetation. Her happiness of possibly taking a break and finding water is very short lived.

An enormous python slowly slithers from the branches of the overhanging tree, and drops onto Irina. The python hisses, as it body swings into Irina.

Irina can make a Atheletics check to see if you are knocked over by the beast.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Target Number is 4
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yikes!" Irina yelps as the pythons falls on her.

Athletics 1d6 = (5) = 5
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527676. Polgara
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Athletics
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:07 pm
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

Felix pants heavily and tries to wipe the sweat out of his eyes. He removes his ragged shirt and ties it around his head.

Stability Roll 1d6 = (3) = 3

"Damn jungle, just a little bit longer." Felix mutters to himself. The throbbing headache has grown worse. Although he is close to overheat from the bright sun, cold sweat trickles down his forehead and back.

After short burst, Felix suddenly collapses. He stays motionless about half a minute and then snaps back to the reality.

"Everyone ok? Let's rest in the shadows for a while." Felix turns to look the others, unaware of the hissing danger that is between him and Irina.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527899. Pawndawan
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Stability Roll
  • Wed Apr 2, 2014 9:41 pm
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie turns around as Irina yelps and misses to see Felix collapse because of that. He uses his bamboo bat to drive the snake further away from the group. "So much for that no life thing."

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfox wrote:
Charlie turns around as Irina yelps and misses to see Felix collapse because of that. He uses his bamboo bat to drive the snake further away from the group. "So much for that no life thing."

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7


Swatting at the large creatures does nothing more than anger the beast. He lashes towards Charlie.

Athletics Check for Charlie.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Target Number - 4
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Athletics +1 1d6 = (3) = 3

Charlie jumps out of harms way only just a split second fast enough. "Woah! T'at'was close!"

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 528780. fastfox
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Athletics +1
  • Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:15 am
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The large reptile slithers back away after missing the Hobo, realising this food source will not pan out. As it slithers back into the Trees, Leory, who has been watching the events unfolds, notices that somehow the motions of the animal just do not seem right, it is hard to say exactly, whether it was the strike on Irina or perhaps the awkwardness as it retreated into the overhanging trees, neither seemed befitting for a snake that size and age. Biology Investigative Ability.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leory Currie
I'm not sure if this life is normal, I think as I watch the snake retreating. Better keep an eye on it, for my companions seem to not realize it. Instead I turn to Irina.
Is everything ok, Irina?

Leory Currie: Athletics 11, Health 8 [/b]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, I'm fine. Just a bit shaken."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the trek through the jungle to this point has taken a couple of hours. What are the groups plans for the remainder of the day.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Weren't we trying to find water/shelter? I would say we continue that for a bit longer. I need to go now, I'll check back in this evening, and will be able to post more then.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the plan is to find water and shelter before the sun goes down.

Charlie will keep an eye out for things to start a fire and when he notices that only about an hour is left, he'll start searching for firewood and such.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"You outdoorsy people find anything of use? I don't think I can talk the plants into giving us food, water and shelter - though I'd try if they had ears.", Irina smiles, trying to lighten the mood a bit. Her smile fades when she thinks back to what just happened, "Lets keep going, I don't want to be here when that snake decides to come back."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After regrouping a bit, Leory, Felix and Charlie look at the vegetation and realises it is much thicker than elsewhere, the trees and leaves are greener and there is even a hint of the smell of freshness, certainly a warm break from the stench of salt water and sweat.

At this point, an spend of 3 Points from Outdoorsman will result in finding water at this location. This can be a combination of spend from a any three players.

Of course, if you want to venture further into the jungle that is acceptable as well.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fastfox wrote:
Yep, the plan is to find water and shelter before the sun goes down.

Charlie will keep an eye out for things to start a fire and when he notices that only about an hour is left, he'll start searching for firewood and such.


Most of the island foliage appears to be pretty wet and non burnable, bits and pieces of dry wood can be found but it would take time, and given the current position of the sun, it would be best to start soon.

It would take about 3 hours of searching with outdoorsman ability by one person. Or one hour by three people with Outdoorsman Ability. Of course if you want to spend outdoorsman ability points this can go quicker.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the sun, Charlie states "Given the position of the sun an' the vegetation 'round here, I think we need to start searchin' for firewood soon, if we want to have some heat and light t'night." Then he points to the green vegetation. "We might find at least water in that direction, the trees are slightly greener here. Although we might end without a shelter for tonight, I think findin' water is essential for survivin'. What do ya'll think?"

Charlie Allred Athletics 6, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina looks at Charlie "Water it is then. Maybe I can help with finding firewood - dry branches would do right?" She looks around searching. "How are we going to light the fire?"

I'm assuming you don't need the outdoors ability to just look for and gather dead branches
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Polgara wrote:
Irina looks at Charlie "Water it is then. Maybe I can help with finding firewood - dry branches would do right?" She looks around searching. "How are we going to light the fire?"

I'm assuming you don't need the outdoors ability to just look for and gather dead branches



Not a problem, certainly can look and gather branches.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With luck my lighters are still ok. Otherwise we have to try it the hard way by spinning a stick. But first let us search for water. Everyone in another direction?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |