Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
369 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Stunning Eldritch Tales» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2014 Newbie PbF Initiative - Devourers in the Mist IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Polgara wrote:
"I think you're right, Charlie, and I don't see any survivors around here either." Irina says, "We could go up closer to those plants, maybe there's something useful in there."

Irina takes a few steps towards the vegetation, stops and looks back at Charlie, "Coming?"

While Charlie waits to decide, Irina takes a closer look at the vegetation on the edge of the beach. The vegetation itself is dark green in colour but shows lack of any kind of resources the group could use, whether it be food or water, Outdoorsman Investigative Ability, certainly a deeper journey into the jungle will be required to find anything resources to help the group.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leory Currie
Athletics +1 1d6+1 = (2) + 1 = 3

I need some time to recover, trying to clean my eyes. After a while I take a more clearly look at the stranger.
Thank You, I croak. Currie, Leory Currie is my name.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 521116. Freikonier
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (2) + 1 =
  • 3
  • Athletics +1
  • Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:36 pm
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

"Good to have you with us, Leory. I'm Felix. Once you've gathered yourself, I think we should check with the others. It seems we must venture deeper into the forest." Felix reaches his hand to Leory and helps him up.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Look, Felix has found another survivor!" Charlie tells Irina and moves back to the beach.

Athletics +1 1d6 = (5) = 5

Charlie Allred Athletics 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 521177. fastfox
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Athletics +1
  • Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:20 pm
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Relieved to avoid the jungle for a while longer, Irina follows Charlie. "Good, I think we'll need all the help we can get."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

Felix sees the other two returning. "So did you find anything useful?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"No, everything from the Empress looks destroyed. We may have better luck in the jungle." Irina nods to the new survivor. "How are you?"

is there any point in looking at salvageables on this side of the beach? Technically we only looked in the other direction from where Felix was.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Freikonier wrote:
Freikonier previously rolled 1d6+1 = (2) + 1 = 3 (Athletics +1) I need some time to recover, trying to clean my eyes. After a while I take a more clearly look at the stranger.[/COLOR]

As Leory's eyes clear and blood flow returns through the body, the pain returns as well.

1d6+1 = (1) + 1 = 2 Point of Health Loss to Leory.

As the euphoria of surviving the ordeal of the Empresss sinking wears off, a slight stinging pain and aches fall upon Felix, Irina, and Charlie.

Everyone else takes 2-1 = 1 Point of Health Loss.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 522204. TheBigE
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:42 am
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Polgara wrote:
is there any point in looking at salvageables on this side of the beach? Technically we only looked in the other direction from where Felix was.

Yes and no, a search with/by Leory could reasonably turn up something he had with him at the time of the collision. (Ex: Water Canteen, matches, again only examples!!!)

Given his preparedness rating, I am fine with Leory making a suggestion of something reasonable he may have had with him from the Ship and can be found on the beach.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ev'rythin' okay with you? My name's Charlie." Charlie asks the newcomer as he arrives.

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. Irina Krilov, pleased to meet you."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leory Currie
I took Felix hand to get up.
Thank you Felix. Glad to meet you.
With a quiet moan I stretch my limbs and look to the others.
Could be better. Feels like I have some sprains or such. My name is Leory.
I nod to the three and try to free my face from sand. Suddenly I seem to realize something alarming.
What do you mean 'everything is destroyed'?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina says "Well, we only looked on the other side of the beach, but everything we saw was completely destroyed. It may be a good idea to have a quick look around here before we go into the jungle."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Freikonier wrote:
I took Felix hand to get up.
Thank you Felix. Glad to meet you.
With a quiet moan I stretch my limbs and look to the others.
Could be better. Feels like I have some sprains or such. My name is Leory.
I nod to the three and try to free my face from sand. Suddenly I seem to realize something alarming.
What do you mean 'everything is destroyed'?

The words everything is destroyed take Leroy a bit by surprise and he begins to look across the beach....please....please...be here.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spots what looks like his backpack washed up on the shore. Covered in seaweed and moss, it is hardly recognisable.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yep, looks like t'e storm has crushed t'e 'Mpress like grain in'a millstone."

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

"What ever was the thing that crushed our cruise and washed us here, I don't think there is anything else to be done here. We should probably push forward into the jungle."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina is ready to go into the jungle with the others, "Ready when you are - lead the way!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leory Currie
With an indefinable noise I grab the bag and try to clean it a bit from dirt. Pressing it to my chest like a valuable treasure I whisper Well, now we can go.
A last time I look around searching the debris for something useful.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"At least we should fin' ourselves a roof overhead for t'e night." Charlie adds while following Felix' lead into the jungle.

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb




The group walks to the edge of the beach, the vegetation starts light and then picks up in density as they walk only a short distance inland. The vegetation does not grow high at this point, and does little to protect from the direct sun. Even during a short walk the heat begins to take a toll as body temperatures begin to rise and sweat trickles down foreheads.








fastfox wrote:
"At least we should fin' ourselves a roof overhead for t'e night." Charlie adds while following Felix' lead into the jungle.

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7

You times on the street and riding the rails has prepared you well for shelter building, but looking around, the location of shelter will not be an easy choice, no rail cars or thrown out boxes around here. It is pretty clear that building anything on the beach would expose you to insects, rainstorms and the uncertains seas. Inland still not much better, looking through the vegetation there is strands of bamboo everywhere that could be made to lean to and elevated beds to protect from the dampness of the jungle floor. With the tools you think the group has, certainly this would be a difficult tasks. when you need one. Outdoorsman Investigative Ability.

Pawndawan wrote:
Felix Strode

"What ever was the thing that crushed our cruise and washed us here, I don't think there is anything else to be done here. We should probably push forward into the jungle."

Starting to walk into the forrest and climb over obstacles, reminds you of that all day job in the city, you were not kind to your body that day. Between the extra alcohol and no water, the chase was short and you lost the perp. Best to make sure you minimise exertion here, even talking takes up the precious water in your body. Outdoorsman Investigative Ability.

Polgara wrote:
Irina is ready to go into the jungle with the others, "Ready when you are - lead the way!"

Freikonier wrote:
With an indefinable noise I grab the bag and try to clean it a bit from dirt. Pressing it to my chest like a valuable treasure I whisper Well, now we can go.
A last time I look around searching the debris for something useful.

Seeing nothing else, catching up to the group as it enters the forest, something is not right here. Strangely, it appears that the plant life all appears to be inedible and there really is no sign of any animal life that one might expect such as tracks, droppings, nests of any sort. Biology Investigative Ability.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leory Currie
For a while I watch out for such signs and listen to typical noises like birds or maybe apes. If I don't hear or see anything of it I point this out.
Ahm, please wait for a moment and be quiet.
As the others stop I listen again.
Do you hear anything? I don't. Not enough. All the way back I have not seen any sign of animal life. No noise, no tracks, no nests, no feathers, no excrements, just nothing.
Furthermore I have not seen any fruits or something other edible.
I fear we have a real big problem.

I look everyone directly into the eyes.

Leory Currie: Athletics 11, Health 8 [/b]
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, the beach didn't have anything useful either, so... maybe we should look a bit further before giving up?" Irina isn't too sure what to do, as all plants look the same to her.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felix Strode

Felix stops to catch his breath, wiping sweat from his forehead. "Just stay frosty. We need to find drinking water and try to conserve our energy."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"T'at's indeed strange Leory." Charlie answers and scratches his head. "I took a look at t'e materials 'round here, but without tools, it'll prove rather tricky to build a shelter ..."

Charlie Allred Athletics 7, Health 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pawndawan wrote:
Felix Strode

Felix stops to catch his breath, wiping sweat from his forehead. "Just stay frosty. We need to find drinking water and try to conserve our energy."

Looking for water, presents some options as far as you can see Outdoorsman Investigative Ability-

The easiest would be to seek out some green patches of vegetation, certainly digging around these patches could yield some water, but who knows how deep you would have to dig. The good news, the party would not have to venture deep into the forest, the bad news is that this stands to be a very arduous task and possibly not result in a high yield of water. To Accomplish this would be a 1 Point Outdoorsman Spend and 4 Points of Athletics by any combination of PCs.

Perhaps inland there is some more dense concentrations of lush vegetation. These indicate the presence of a spring, which are usually not near the edge of the jungle. No significant digging would be required, but these springs are few and far between requiring a deep and focused trip into the jungle. Should a spring be found, it will yield a high continuous supply of water. To Accomplish this would be a 3 Point Outdoorsman by any combination of PCs

Finally, stripping tree bark and creating a catchment for dew and rain is also an option, this would be the least amount of effort and jungle exploration, but as expected result in the least amount of water than the other methods. To Accomplish this would be a 1 Point Outdoorsman by per day to ensure enough rain and dew in catchment.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |