Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
760 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 5-09: The Traitor's Lodge» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: UE's 5-09: The Traitor's Lodge (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been weeks since the siege of Nerosyan, when demonic hordes from the Abyss surged forth from the region known as the Worldwound to assault the capital city of the crusader nation of Mendev. Brave Pathfinders stood side-by-side with the city's defenders, managing to push back the attackers and ensure Nerosyan did not fall to the demons.

Venture-Captain Jorsal, the Society's principle representative in Nerosyan, took charge of the Pathfinder defenders and since the siege has deployed numerous groups on missions throughout the region. Having left Nerosyan to survey the devastation of Kenabres, which fell to the demonic offensive - Jorsal ensured some of his agents remained behind in Nerosyan to guard the Starrise Spire, the local lodge. Earlier this morning a messenger arrived with a sealed letter from Jorsal, signaling that more work remains to be done.


Jorsal wrote:

Esteemed Pathfinders,

I trust this letter reaches you without incident. I remain in Kenabres, assessing the damage dealt by the demonic offensive that struck all along Mendev's western border. Although the city is devastated, the fiends lost momentum and failed to maintain their advantage, and several particularly brave crusaders have rallied the scattered forces for a counterattack.

Since the siege of Nersoyan, I have mulled over a most troubling discovery. I received reports from Pathfinders involved in the siege implicating Thurl, Nerosyan's other venture-captain, of knowing that the demons would attack and when. What little evidence I have goes so far as to suggest that Thurl assisted the demons in planning the assault against us.

Following the attack, I sent several Pathfinders to investigate Thurl's lodge, and though the ground floor was bare of any further incriminating evidence, the lower levels were inaccessible. Thurl left many magical wards to keep out intruders, and until we could investigate further and confirm whether or not my dwarven colleague had engaged in dire mischief, the Decemvirate has ordered that I not publicize my suspicions. I received word only an hour ago that those wards appear to have failed.

I have kept you at Starrise Spire not for mundane guard duty but because I can trust you to finish the investigation of Thurl's lodge. Go there, enter the basement, and find what evidence you can that implicates Thurl in activities against the Society. Once you have explored his lodge thoroughly, report back to Starrise Spire and await my return.

The Pathfinder Society must know for certain whether Thurl has betrayed us and to what extent our trek to Jormurdun - to say nothing of the Mendevian Crusade - has been compromised. Our efforts shall mean nothing if sabotaged by a traitor, and the sooner we know, the less damage he can inflict.

Inheritor guide your hand,

Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury



Feel free to roll a Diplomay (Gather Info) or Knowledge (local) check!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Since returning from Razmiran, Bom had been enjoying his time in the local taverns regaling folks with tales of a fighter who lost his sword at the start of the adventure and had been reduced to fighting with his scabbard. Oddly many did not find the tale as funny as Bom.

Nonetheless, the black-haired Ulfen had gotten bored with the uneventful garrison work and this letter was like his own personal rescue team. Bom decided to take advantage of his favorite hangouts and find out what people knew about Thurl and his lodge.

Gather information 1d20+9 = (15) + 9 = 24
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 505933. Blackjoy
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (15) + 9 =
  • 24
  • Gather information
  • Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pethwen, a stunning, blond-haired Aasimar girl in shiny chain armour and with the simple but elegantly gold-trimmed wooden symbol of a screeching hawk hanging around her neck, listens intently to the VC's briefing.

Her last mission in Andoran, the land of her birth, had left the cleric of Ketephys a little bit troubled of late. She liked to look for the best in people and had been disturbed to find deep seeded corruption in the fledgling democracy. The experience had forced her to be a bit more suspicious and questioning in her dealings with people. This was not a trait she wanted to cultivate in herself, preferring to believe good is something to celebrate and sing about, and evil something to hunt down and remove.

She hoped this mission sounded as black and white as it seemed, but had to admit there was probably more layers to what they were being asked to do that they would likely uncover in time. Wanting to put those thoughts out of her mind for the moment, she decides to accompany Bom on his trips to the taverns. There she quickly wins the hearts of the locals with her contagious joy, breath-taking looks, zeal for life and her incredible voice like the sound of a band of angels playing sweet music on an orchestra of harps and flutes.

Diplomacy: 1d20+11 = (19) + 11 = 30

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 505955. greenclaw
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (19) + 11 =
  • 30
  • Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 am
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackjoy wrote:
Since returning from Razmiran, Bom had been enjoying his time in the local taverns regaling folks with tales of a fighter who lost his sword at the start of the adventure and had been reduced to fighting with his scabbard. Oddly many did not find the tale as funny as Bom.

Nonetheless, the black-haired Ulfen had gotten bored with the uneventful garrison work and this letter was like his own personal rescue team. Bom decided to take advantage of his favorite hangouts and find out what people knew about Thurl and his lodge.

Blackjoy previously rolled 1d20+9 = (15) + 9 = 24 (Gather information)


While speaking over drinks, and more drinks, and an occassional arm-wrestling contest, Bom gathers a bit of the word regarding the lodge. Jorsal of Lauterbury officialy oversees Pathfinder Society operations in the area, but folk talk of a second venture-captain who opers his own lodge. This is a dwarf named Thurl who has a no-nonsense attitude and sports a dizzying array of tattoos, scars, and piercings.

In addition, some agents suspect that Thurl has not been entirely honest when dealing with the Decemvirate. Agents who work for him tend to have short life expectancies due to the dangerous work of exploring the Worldwound at his behest.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Pethwen, a stunning, blond-haired Aasimar girl in shiny chain armour and with the simple but elegantly gold-trimmed wooden symbol of a screeching hawk hanging around her neck, listens intently to the VC's briefing.

Her last mission in Andoran, the land of her birth, had left the cleric of Ketephys a little bit troubled of late. She liked to look for the best in people and had been disturbed to find deep seeded corruption in the fledgling democracy. The experience had forced her to be a bit more suspicious and questioning in her dealings with people. This was not a trait she wanted to cultivate in herself, preferring to believe good is something to celebrate and sing about, and evil something to hunt down and remove.

She hoped this mission sounded as black and white as it seemed, but had to admit there was probably more layers to what they were being asked to do that they would likely uncover in time. Wanting to put those thoughts out of her mind for the moment, she decides to accompany Bom on his trips to the taverns. There she quickly wins the hearts of the locals with her contagious joy, breath-taking looks, zeal for life and her incredible voice like the sound of a band of angels playing sweet music on an orchestra of harps and flutes.

Diplomacy: greenclaw previously rolled 1d20+11 = (19) + 11 = 30 ( )



Pethwen's stunning presence causes quite a few more tongues to loosen, as folks enjoy trying to win the lady's attention. The information she gathers goes a bit beyond Bom's. She learns that Venture-Captain Thurl is perhaps the most dedicated scholar of demonic anatomy that the Society has, and several times in his career he has discovered a physiological or pscyhological weakness of the fiends that granted the crusaders a small advantage. A group of Pathfinders who finished a mission in Numeria was later assigned to review Thurl's work and notebooks, but those agents have not been heard from for several months.

Additionally, some Pathfinders who took part in the recent siege of Nerosyan and searched for Thurl claim to have found evidence that directly incriminates the dwarf. They found letters that indicate a link between Thurl and a known demonologist and enemy of the Society, Tancred Desimire. Such a link would no doubt mean that Thurl has powerful demonic allies and is somehow important to Tancred's future plans against the Society.


FYI - the Pathfinders have the opportunity to purchase equipment and make other preparations before traveling to Thurl's lodge. There is no more information to be gained at this point from the Knowledge or Diplomacy rolls.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shabakh mulls over the information for some time, and then heads off to visit his favorite weapons dealer - the one who specializes in masterwork exotic weapons. He trades in his cold iron seven-branched sword for a higher-quality one.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It certainly sounds like this dwarf was into some shady business. I sure hope this isn't common practice, perhaps the Society needs to look into their venture-captain selection process," Zinnyatis says, as she draws suspicious stares from the Nerosyan citizens. She is obviously some sort of tiefling outsider, judging from her tail, nor does she make any effort to hide the curved dark horns growing out of the sides of her head. Her flawless alabaster skin stands in stark contrast to her purple hair and her gleaming red eyes.

She moves with an otherworldly grace, the swaying of her hips almost hypnotizing, her voice soft and melodious. Her clothes consist of dark leather armor with some sort of seven-pointed crown embroidered on it in silver thread, beneath which she wears a silk shirt. Wrapped around her waist is a fiery red silken sash tasseled with small, tinkling beads, from which hang a whip and a cruel-looking barbed sword.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know what, if anything, folks with to pick up before heading to the Lodge. I'll fast forward to arriving at the lodge later tonight or tomorrow.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The earnest young man in the gleaming armor strides forward and clasps the arm of each of his companions in turn. He gives Pethwen a dazzling, boyish grin as his closely trimmed golden hair blows in the breeze.

"Well met! Brother Olhas, servant of Sarenrae, and I believe you follow Ketephys if I am not mistaken? This is a very tragic matter, but hopefully Venture-Captain Thurl has just temporarily lost his way and can still be returned to the light!"

He joins in the carousing and gossiping with exuberance, and marvels at his fellow priest's incredible voice, but has a more optimistic take on what they have learned.

"He has proven very effective in learning about the weaknesses of the enemies of good in the past, perhaps the letters that were found were an attempt to trick this demon-worshipper into revealing more information that could be used by followers of the Light?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shabakh clears his throat and says quietly. "Um...do you suppose he could be in some sort of thrall?"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Ha! Here I am thinking this game as going nowhere fast and it was because I had not subscribed.

Bom greets each on of the Pathfinders with a warm smile and clasp of the hand, making sure to keep his spiked shield out of harm's way. Bom nodded at Ohlas suggestion that the venture captain might somehow be innocent for Bom had a similar intuition.

Before the group sets out, Bom picks up a few items.

I'll add them to character sheet post
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pathfinders make their way to Thurls' Lodge, a modest structure that lies in the Egelsee district of Nerosyan. Once known as a contract site for cut-rate mercenaries, the building rarely sees visitors from the crusader host now. A single front door provides ingress, and any other doors or windows that might have existed long ago have been long since removed during Thurls' renovations. A blacksmith and a local brewery flank the lodge.

As the Pathfinders arrive, they see four other agents loading the last of the ground floor library's books into a cart for transport back to Starrise Spire for later analysis. A lean, bony, and quite tall aasimar stands next the cart, fretting over the books being loaded onto the cart. He is clean-shaven with shoulder-length silvery white hair and amber eyes; almost passing for human. With an almost sour voice, he can be heard saying "No, no, Daggart. The fastest way back to Starrise will be taking the second left. We must get back as quickly as possible; after all. These books are just calling out for me to study, to discover the minutia of details contained within them, and I would hate to be delayed!"

The aasimar was speaking to an armored halfling with a longsword hanging from his hip. The halfling tossed an armful of books atop the cart with an upbeat smile. "Oh, come now, Vespran! You fret too much over the details. Let us just be on with this!"

Just behind the halfling, bringing a last couple of books to the cart, is an armored half-orc with the symbol of Sarenrae etched on the front of his tabbard. As he hears the two agents conversing, he offers his own toothy grin. "I agree with Vespran. Sooner we get back, the better. Books may give insight to help reclaim some of the lost souls; perhaps even Thurls."

"Hmph. I do not share your optimism, Stugbu. Some are beyond redemption.", replied the cleric, Vespran.

While the three Pathfinders garnered attention from the many of the newly arrived Pathfinders, Bom's eyes lock instead upon the fourth agent, who seemed to be 'directing' the work. The man lounged against the wall to the lodge, his hair in disarray and the shadow of two-day old stubble gracing the lines of his chin. At his hip hung an empty scabbard - a scabbard Bom had seen wielded to great effect during a daring raid to rescue some dwarves a few months prior. The man's countenance was unmistakable; although he appeared much more weathered and weary; a few new scars running along his neck and arm. The man, Quintius the Drunken Scabbard Fighter, upon seeing the Pathfinders arrive, pushes off the wall and swaggers over to them with a lop-sided grin. "Well met, Pathfinders! Bom, it is good to see you again! I knew Jorsal would be sending some excellent agents to plumb these depths. Appears I was mistaken; however," the garrulous man adds with an impish smile and a wink. "We're just finishing up our task, and then we'll be on our way. The place is all yours. That door leading to the basement; had some powerful abjuration magic on it until just a few days ago. Seems to have faded, as though the spell just wore out.

"But, here; Jorsal wanted me to give this to you. He predicted your team might have to explore the basement in his absence and wanted you to have a few extra tools at your disposal. Good man, that Jorsal."
Quintius retrieves a small box from the back of the cart. Inside, you find a potion of cure moderate wounds, a scroll of perceive cues, an elixir of vision, and an antitoxin.

"Pathfinders! Tell them to reclaim and redeem Thurl, if they can!" calls the half-orc from the cart. Quintuis waves a hand in Stugbu's direction as he calls back. "Yes, yes. Redeem and redeem some more. I know." Turning back to the others with a sigh, Quintius shakes his head in apology. "Paladins. Always looking for the best. If you find Thurl and can help him; great. Otherwise, I say just part his head from his shoulders. Do us all a favor."

Sorry for the long post. Just havin' a little fun.

Anyway, the door to the lodge stands before you. Feel free to enter, or chat for a moment.
5 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Olhas strides over to the wagon with a wide grin, his arm held out to clasp the half-orc's.

"You are Stugbu? I have heard tell of your good works for the Society! It is always an honor to meet a devout servant of the Lady of Light. Be assured that we will indeed do everything in our power to find and save Venture-Captain Thurl, should we find that he has truly fallen to darkness!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stugbu accepts Brother Olhas's hand in a powerful grip that would crush a lesser man's hand but only seems to widen the cleric's already beaming smile. A slight shade of reddish green flushes on the big half-orc's face at the compliment he receives from the priest. "You Brother Olhas? Stugbu heard 'bout you from Lady Ollysta! She always talking about good things you do! She say you kill lots of skelethings and walking dead zombies! Stugbu try do good things too...but it hard sometimes to help bad things be good. They always seem to like being nasty and only listen to sword! Me glad you try to save Thurl, though. Maybe he not really bad?"

The paladin pauses to look around at the rest of group travelling with Olhas, a little bemused by the eclectic looking bunch. "You want help making him good, maybe I still here when you get back, otherwise I know Dawnflower help you in there!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pethwen smiles warmly at the group of Pathfinders engaged in the work outside the temple. She recognised a couple of the names that she heard. Some of her friends had attended lectures of the one called Vespran and she had been told that he had incredible knowledge. That type of thing was not for her though, the thought of sitting in a stuffy hall just didn't appeal. She felt all the knowledge you needed was lived and not learnt and that words were for inspiring emotion and action, not to be trapped in dusty old books. Still she had heard the man had achieved some great things and had to admit there was more than one way to hunt.

Stugbu she had also heard of. A man of action, clearly in possession of a truly good heart and formidable strength. She did not share his blinkered view of redemption, however, rather believing that evil was like a wild animal to be hunted not tamed. If a man like him could tame his own beast then credit to him, but she had not the patience to try and turn a villian into a saint.

"Well met, friends!"
Her voice rings out over the group as if it was not just her speaking but a band of trumpets sounding a clear note at a feast. Her diamond eyes twinkling in the light of the sun she approaches. "I am Pethwen! Servant of Ketephys! Will you wish us success in our hunt for the truth?"

Stugbu's jaw drops at the young woman's presence and looking down at the aasimar's shadow he sees it appears to have large feathered wings. "You angel?" He asks a little awkwardly, a sheepish grin on his face.

"No, my friend!" She reaches out and pats the brute's back. "Flesh and blood just like you, but from what I hear you'll see an angel one day at the end of your road!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Bom gives a hearty laugh when he sees Quintus,

"Ha, no rest for the wicked I see? Still looking for your sword?"

Bom accepts the items and tosses the cure potion to Moag, the scroll and the Antitoxin to Zinnyatis, keeping the elixir.

"Always makes me nervous when people start handing out antitixon before a mission."

Bom had no questions and waited to see if there were any to asked before entering the lodge.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackjoy wrote:
Bom gives a hearty laugh when he sees Quintus,

"Ha, no rest for the wicked I see? Still looking for your sword?"

Bom accepts the items and tosses the cure potion to Moag, the scroll and the Antitoxin to Zinnyatis, keeping the elixir.

"Always makes me nervous when people start handing out antitixon before a mission."

Bom had no questions and waited to see if there were any to asked before entering the lodge.



Quintius gives a bark of laughter. "That's what brought me to these front lines. I fear the demons have stolen my sword out of fear of my prowess! Probably hid it in Thurl's laboratory. If you find it, please be so kind as to return it to me! Now, get on with it. The sooner you investigate, the sooner we know the truth."

Inside the lodge, you find little of interest on the ground floor. The heavy iron door that leads into the basement is undecorated and unlocked; but the others reported that until recently it glowed with Abyssal runes.

Behind the door, a long set of dusty wooden stairs leads down into an equally untidy archive of tall shelves populated by crates, bins, and tomes. A handful of folios lay scattered about the room, concenrated most heavily near a large table that stands only about two feet tall. The only apparent door in this room is the one that leads to the stairs they descend; which is already open.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Bom decides to use his wand of Longstrider on himself and then drinks the elixer. Lasts one hour right?

Bom blinks his eyes a couple of times and let's out a gasp as he sees detail he's never seen before. Bom glances over the room for anything the average person might have missed.

T10 on Perception = 30 (+8, +2 Urban, +10 elixer). And per the GM, Bom will be just be Taking 10 as a default given it's a 30.

Also, not sure if I am understanding correctly,

1. The no-longer-warded door is already open and Quintus and his crew were already down here?

2. There is another door which is open leading to another lower level?

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackjoy wrote:
Bom decides to use his wand of Longstrider on himself and then drinks the elixer. Lasts one hour right?

Bom blinks his eyes a couple of times and let's out a gasp as he sees detail he's never seen before. Bom glances over the room for anything the average person might have missed.

T10 on Perception = 30 (+8, +2 Urban, +10 elixer). And per the GM, Bom will be just be Taking 10 as a default given it's a 30.

Also, not sure if I am understanding correctly,

1. The no-longer-warded door is already open and Quintus and his crew were already down here?

2. There is another door which is open leading to another lower level?



Sorry for the confusion. The previously warded door was at the top of the stairs. A second door was at the bottom of the stairs, which lead into the current chamber, but is already open.

Bom notices the outline of a well-concealed secret door set in the far wall; mirroring the surrounding stonework in looks and design. Glancing over several of the papers nearby, Bom realizes the majority of the works detail studies of demonic anatomy, surveys of the southeastern corner of the Worldwound, and Sarkorian relics tainted by the Abyss. Several entries even suggest Thurl resorted to unsavory business practices to obtain what he wanted. As Bom looks over the collected papers, a voice calls out from the corner of the room; where it is shrouded in the shadows. "Ah, Pathfinders. Welcome to my Lodge! It is a relief that after so much wasted time, LOYAL AGENTS have once again come to AID me."

As the voice speaks, the owner of it slowly emerges from the corner. The...woman...is a mish-mash patchwork of cream, red, and purple skin with asymmetrical horns and mismatched legs. Her jaw appears to have been replaced by a fanged demonic maw. "I am Valias, and welcome TO MY LODGE. The traitor Thurl built a hidden workplace past this room, and that's where he performed his most vile experiments. If the Society is to understand just how FOOLISH he is, someone must uncover his terrible schemes. That's where you come in, Pathfinders. There is a hidden door against that wall." She waves a crimson claw toward the reading table. "Beyond you shall find his lair, ANY QUESTIONS?" It is not lost on the Pathfinders that Valais, the new arrival, speaks to the Pathfinders as if giving them a mission briefing.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Bom blinks, attempting to understand just what it is before him.

"Your lodge?"

Bom looks at the others and back to Valias.

"Have we come to the wrong house?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pethwen is also taken aback by the appearance of the strange woman but speaks up nonetheless. "Greetings! We were not expecting anyone to be down here. My apologies, but we have not met. I am Pethwen, are you a Pathfinder too?" The aasimar's voice flows from her mouth like the sound of a gently plucked harp. "Please can you tell us more about these experiments of Thurl's that you speak of? What exactly have you seen...and did he somehow harm yourself in some way?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N N
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
Bom will drink his antitoxin before the group finally opens the secret door.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - When Valius speaks; words in all capitals are spoken in a deep, booming, and confidant voice. Words in italics are spoken with a soft and hissing voice.

Going to put some question responses here, and then I'm going to wait to ensure everyone is subscribed and up-to-date on this thread.



What happened to you?
"Thurl turned on me when he realized the Decemvirate had me investigating his operation. When one of his PATHETIC MINIONS turned me in, he surprsied me and knocked me unconscious. I awoke in one of the chambers below, and made my way here. And here I wait, in the shadows...". Several of you notice the last phrase was spoken in Abyssal.

Why did you wit here?
"I knew the Decemvirate wouldn't abandon me! Also, just in case Thurl returned, I wanted to be ready to stab him in the back, then skin him alive."

So, Thurl is a traitor?
"Thurl is working with demons, and is trying to harness their powers in strange ways below. How exactly, I was not able to figure out, but iwas clear that he had no moral boundaries in his research."

What can you tell us about the lodge ahead?
"Beyond this door is a large area that Thurl used as some kind of dumping ground. A small shrine conceals a secret passage to a second level below, but that shouldn't be a problem to get past with me around."

Anything else we should know?
"YOU WILL LEARN TO FEAR THE POWER CONTAINED BELOW! Sadly, I don't know much of what has happening in the loewr levels, as I escaped just after I woke up. I've waited here since, expecting the Decemvirate to send me some fresh minions."

Why is your voice so strange?
"Whatever do you mean?"

3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the doorway at the bottom of the stairs, Shabakh blinks in confusion. How does Valais - whatever she is - fit into the mission? Can she be trusted?

Sense Motive 1d20+12 = (9) + 12 = 21

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 507091. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+12 =
  • (9) + 12 =
  • 21
  • Sense Motive
  • Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
From the doorway at the bottom of the stairs, Shabakh blinks in confusion. How does Valais - whatever she is - fit into the mission?

Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+12 = (9) + 12 = 21 (Sense Motive)



Shabakh senses no guile in the woman-thing before him. She appears to beleive everything she is saying, although he's sure Valais developed the idea of this being her lodge as a coping mechanism for her current predicament.

As he listens to her, he gets the impression that there are three distinct personas acting through her, as evidenced by the varying speech patterns. However, the once called Valais appears to have asserted dominance.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] |