Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
Microbadge: Looney Tunes fanMicrobadge: Python programmerMicrobadge: What a splendid day to be wearing a monocle! Who's for a spot of tea and a crumpet?Microbadge: Raspberry Pi fanMicrobadge: KSP fan - Jebediah
Quack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I sent an geekmail to Alan who has not been in any of the threads in quite a while He may have lost interest during the slowdowns, so no problem. What I'm thinking for now is we move him to the bottom of the list and continue play as if he were a ghost player (he won't vote in the minion portion of play if he doesn't come back soon).

If we get to the point where he is a nemesis and has not returned to play, at that point we'll drop him out of the game and remove three random items still on the list of schemes. I know that's probably not best, but since Hammertime! is the current scheme and it was his, we might as well play with what we have and continue through to the end.

So, Mike, since you have the first post, can you move Alan to the bottom of the list for me, and Steven, you would be Adrian's Nemesis this round. How are you going to tempt the poor minions to help you stop his evil plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Playing D&D 5e, The One Ring
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
It is done, oh evil one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh, my gosh!" blushes "I mean this is all so sudden..." claps hands together "You like me, you really like me!" A tear falls down my cheek...

"Okay ...cut! and strike the lights!"

I hop off the stool I've been sitting on all this time. "Make me wait will you? Leave me sitting here for literally weeks! I'll show those bastards! WHAT the mic is still on? *sigh* " crushes fist together and holds it shaking in the air "Heads will roll, oh yes, they will roll Tonight!"

I storm off the set, throwing the mic on the floor, setting off a feedback screech!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven, you are the nemesis for Adrian's Mastermind. The current scheme is Hammertime! and you must choose one of your Aspects to use to foil Adrian's scheme. You can modify your post that you have already. Once this round is finished, you'll be the next mastermind and you'll roll for your Scheme then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, rewrote most of it and I think it is okay. Not as funny as the first one, but it will have to do. Hope everyone likes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, as MonsterMike has pointed out, I screwed up, I think....I'm honestly kinda at a loss right now as what to do. I rewrote my initial endark paragraph, and shifted to Hammertime, because I thought I was supposed to...what exactly can I do to make things right, because I feel I am ruining the game for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
heinrichsteven wrote:
Okay, as MonsterMike has pointed out, I screwed up, I think....I'm honestly kinda at a loss right now as what to do. I rewrote my initial endark paragraph, and shifted to Hammertime, because I thought I was supposed to...what exactly can I do to make things right, because I feel I am ruining the game for everyone.
Nonononono. No bad feels! Have some bacon

I didn't intend to be critical, though re-reading my own post, I can see how you could take it that way. My fault for posting in haste and not considering how the message might be received. Please accept my apology. I'll happily change or delete my minion post if you would like.

The game has been rather stoppy and starty, so I think everyone is struggling to pick up the threads. And we're all new to the game. I've played once, but I've never read the book. Our GM has the book, but has never played (I think?). And I think everyone else is completely green, having never played or read the book.

If I remember correctly, the basic turn goes like this:

Mastermind chooses a random scheme from the scheme pool and describes how he would put that scheme into action using one of his attributes. Offers bribes to minions for their assistance.

Nemesis describes how he would foil the Mastermind's scheme, using one of his attributes, and likewise offers bribes.

Minions individually decide whether to back Mastermind or Nemesis.

Roll dice.

But since I've never read the book, I'm probably missing a bunch of subtle stuff. Erich?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, that's pretty spot on, Mike.

Steven, the Endark paragraph needs to be deleted for now. Since you are the nemesis, you only need to focus on trying to stop Adrian from gathering supporters. If you want to save it to a text file to post when you are the Mastermind next round, that's fine.

As the Nemesis, instead of trying to create a new plan using Hammertime!, you are trying to find some way to stop it. Don't worry about including the scheme into your plan. You don't have to do that. What you want to do is use one of your qualities to try and throw a monkey wrench into Adrian's plan.

Let's take your initial thought of using your Soap on a Rope. Since Adrian is proposing to force MC Hammer to continually dance the Hammertime dance on a floor slick with lube, maybe you can use your Soap on a Rope to clean up the lube, so MC Hammer can escape, thus foiling Adrian's plan. I do like your idea of giving everyone flavored Kool Aid packs though. That could prove interesting in the future.

Once you describe how you will use your quality to disrupt the Mastermind's plans, we Minions will choose sides (as Mike has already done). Once that is done, you and Adrian will roll dice, add the minions on your side, and see who has the bigger... total. He who does wins.

After the winner is decided, you get to be the Mastermind and Mike will be your Nemesis, trying to stop whatever crazy scheme you come up with.

Hope that helps some. Sorry, as Mike said, this is my first time playing as well. It might lose some translation in the printed stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for having patience with me and taking time to explain things to me!

It makes a lot more sense now! yeah, my eyes are opened!googoo

Please don't erase your post Mike, let me react to it and behave as I would in such a case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem Steven. We're all learning the game, so no worries at all. Just glad I helped instead of making things worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the description, Erich. That actually helps me a lot and fixes some faulty thinking I had earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, nice catch by the green suited duck. Adrian, you never offered up an item for the Minion's Toolkit. So, go ahead and make an offer now before I post for my minion. Might be why Mike was so quick to jump ship. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
Microbadge: Looney Tunes fanMicrobadge: Python programmerMicrobadge: What a splendid day to be wearing a monocle! Who's for a spot of tea and a crumpet?Microbadge: Raspberry Pi fanMicrobadge: KSP fan - Jebediah
Bump!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me I'm not the one holding us up again...I would feel so guilty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, think its me, as I didn't offer something to the henchmen. I'll try to get to this... just trying to thinking of something enticing enough *wrings hands and makes evil laugh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
How about a doughnut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey y'all.

Listen, I'm gonna be a little more delayed than I have been lately. My brother has been diagnosed with cancer in multiple locations. He has some surgery done this weekend to allow him better breathing, but it's not looking good. I may be off a while here soon if things take a bad turn, so wanted to let you know what was going on before I disappear. I'll try to get back after my meetings today to make a post or two.

Talk to y'all in a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

Busy couple of weeks. My brother is able to breathe again after a trachea tube being put in and he has finally gotten his diagnosis. Adenocarcenoma, a type of glandular cancer that's in his lungs and other locations. At this point, they know how to treat it and maybe slow it down. Pretty much that's all they can do for him though, so we're just seeing how well it will help him. Now that we know it's not quite as bad as we feared, we're relaxing just a little. However, I am on the road this week and will not be on much more than to glance things over.

I will return next week to start things up again where we left off. Again, I apologize for the delay.

Take care, everyone, and thanks for the wishes and thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing to send good vibes your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

With everything going on recently, I'm going to have to bow out of the game here. If you all wish to continue, feel free not to wait on Me. Mike has the con anyway, since he created the thread, so it should be no problem.

All apologies for delay in returning to this and letting you know. We've had a few recent issues and it has been hard to do much other than check for a while.

Take care everyone.
Erich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope everything goes okay with you and your family. I'm sorry that you have to bow out, especially over such circumstance.

Sending prayers and positive energy your way!
Steven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich, family comes first. I'll do my best to guide this game to the glorious train wreck it was destined to be. You take care of your brother.

I'll have some time tomorrow to generally see where we are and get things moving again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian, which way is henchman Derek Squiggles going to go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Running Gamma World
mbmbmbmbmb
Zoiks! It's my turn and I've wandered off in a fugue. Sorry everybody. I'll get a post up today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |