Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about the link from earlier for the list? I'm #2 on the list! Is there something I'm missing? Or are you talking about the henchman on this listing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runny Noses
Hot Pockets sandwiches
Singing Bananas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe ^_^

Put your Henchman as a comment under your character. That's all. Just to make it easy to see who's Henchman is who. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, my bad....sorry.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's ok. Thought you might have missed that part of the design. It's just an easy way to see who everyone is. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Playing D&D 5e, The One Ring, Delta Green
badge
Running nothing right now
mbmbmbmbmb
The Latest Facebook Game Craze
Rust Monsters
A Cargo Tanker Full of Bad Sushi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
A faded green towel
A toy ray gun
A goat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Flatulence
Pronouns
the movie "Willow"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Do our 'Scheme Pool' suggestions go onto our character sheets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can if you want to remember what you brought to the table, but I am going to put the Schemes in the first post of the IC thread. I'll also explain how to roll the dice and we'll cross off schemes as they get used.

Sorry for the delay folks. Long weekend and even longer yesterday. I'm back and will get us caught up if we have all our schemes done. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks. Been sick. If you don't mind, I'll catch up on Monday. Sorry about this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
get better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna need another goat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this dead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we should poke it with a stick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only been a week, let's give him a bit more time, maybe he had a family emergency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's cool not tryin to pressure, just curious. Just speaks to my excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm still interested, though not in a hurry.

By the way, all of the schemes we came up with go into a common scheme pool. When this is played at the table, everybody writes down three schemes on little slips of paper. All the slips get folded and put into the center of the table. Then on each turn, the Mastermind draws a scheme out at random.

Since I've already started down the path, I might as well describe what I remember about how the game is played. Obviously, Erich is the final judge and arbiter here, so take anything I say with a big grain of salt.

Play goes around the table for three rounds. In each round, each player will get a turn being the Mastermind, a turn being the Nemesis, and spend the rest of their turns being Minions.

So a turn starts with the Mastermind drawing a random scheme from the scheme pool. Then, using his randomly drawn scheme and one of his attributes, he combines them and describes his dastardly plan. He offers bribes to the other Minions at the table (players who aren't in the Mastermind or Nemesis role). Another player at the table is the Nemesis (acting as their Mastermind persona, but opposing the current Mastermind). The Nemesis is determined by seating order relative to the Mastermind and changes from round to round. The Nemesis describes how he would counter the Mastermind's plan, and offers his counterbribes to the Minions. Each of Minions then secretly endorses either the plan of the Mastermind or the plan of the Nemesis by choosing a colored stone (e.g. red for Mastermind, blue for Nemesis). The Mastermind and the Nemesis each roll 4dF and add +1 for every Minion that voted their way. High total wins.

If one of the Masterminds at the table is successful through all three rounds, he takes over the world!

The thing I found unexpectedly tough (based on 1 play of this game) was thinking up good bribes for all the Minions. You are offering them things for their Minion Toolbelt, of course. Minions can elect to support either the Mastermind or the Nemesis for whatever reasons they want. They might like one plan better than the other, for example, but inevitably, the quality and creativity of the bribe ends up making a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes to PbFs, I'd much rather be poked with a figurative stick than let the game wither. It's happened sometimes that it's been my turn at something and have completely dropped the ball. I don't get offended at reminders, honest! Conversely, I don't like to be pushy, but find that a respectful bump is often all that's required, and is better than ongoing silence.

The game sounds interesting, so far. What kinds of bribes are available - do we just make things up? The keys to a shiny new Australia, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Erich if he wanted me to fill in as MC until things straighten out a little. He said that would be fine and he should be joining us again soon.

I've got to go pick up my daughter, but I'll try to get a post up tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks.

Sorry for the delay. I was sick at the beginning of last week, had to travel at the end, and have not had much of a moment through the weekend or today until now to really check in on things. I thought that by now things would have evened out in my life ,but even through things have changed, it seems like things are just as aggravating and crazy at times.

I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for the delay. Mike will get the ball rolling and we'll go from there. I should be on more stable footing starting tomorrow, but even though I should have less to do with a total shut down of a factory, I seem to have more at times.

Now, let's get this thing going and see who can take over the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to get things launched here, creating the IC thread:

Erich's Who Will Take Over The World PNPT Game: The IC Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not sure I understand the nature of the bribes. Should they complement the tools already in a minion's belt, or just sound really dangerous and exciting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You create a tool by name only. It does not have to compliment anything already owned by any henchman. In fact, the henchman's toolbelt will probably be filled with the most non complimentary tools ever designed. I mean, we are evil geniuses after all.

The henchmen get to decide what to do with whatever they are given. It's just like everything else made up so far: nonsensical, entertaining, and totally something you can play with.

Let me get this meeting out of the way and we'll get started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Dean, Steven? You guys still around or did my week of hell run everyone away? ^_^

Oh, and Mike, can you edit the list in the first post to ad Alan's items?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |