mbmbmbmbmb
Week 1 - Harlequins Flight
Members:

1st Lt Protheroe (Flight Leader)
2nd Lt Campbell-Dashwood
2nd Lt Adams
2nd Lt Cope
2nd Lt Bellows

OOC: Each PC Pilot please roll 3D6 for take-off. (Note revision to rules for take off here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bellows, lightly hangover, starts his plane and...
3d6 = (5 + 1 + 6) = 12
lifts off cleanly. He yells "Woohoo!", takes a sip from his flask, and then concentrates on flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 501995. Mixula
  • 3d6 =
  • (5 + 1 + 6) =
  • Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 pm
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
2Lt Cole spends a good amount of his time with his machine, making nice with the mechanics, and chatting up the pilots who've been in action before to learn the capabilities of the machine.

But eventually, theory needs to get put into practice. The chocks are removed, the propeller spun up, and goggles dropped...

Here we go lads! And dash the artillery motto of What Goes Up...

Into the Wild Blue Yonder! 3d6 = (2 + 6 + 2) = 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502101. nyriv
  • 3d6 =
  • (2 + 6 + 2) =
  • Into the Wild Blue Yonder!
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:58 am
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby J heads off to his pup with thoughts of football later. He guesses that these higher-ups want him to get in his machine and take it for a test spin. CONTACT! and he's off the ground with ease.

3d6 = (5 + 4 + 3) = 12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502187. Tyraziel
  • 3d6 =
  • (5 + 4 + 3) =
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:18 am
Shrugging Bertram tried to block out the noise and the confusion and remember what he had been told.

Chugga Chugga Chugga! 3d6 = (1 + 4 + 3) = 8

With a wobble his plane inelegantly lumbered skyward, and Bertram breathed a sigh of relief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502379. thecameronin
  • 3d6 =
  • (1 + 4 + 3) =
  • Chugga Chugga Chugga!
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:13 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Patrol
Protheroe looks back at his charges as they all make a successful take off. He breathes a deep sigh of relief, not for himself as he's been in this situation many times before, but for them. They're so green, with scarcely more than a couple of dozen flying hours each. It seems almost criminal to take them up like this, but then again, men just as green are dying by the thousand in the trenches every day.

He turns East and begins a slow climb to 8,000 feet. Today he decides to keep them on the Allied side of the line and high enough that some over-eager French "archie" won't have a pop at them.

In his head, he goes over what he'd told them in the briefing.

"Look fellows, if we find a single German machine, I'll let you all have a go, one at a time. Don't get too close, let off a burst and fly past. I don't want you all running into each other. If they get on your tail, evade and I'll take care of them. If there's two, we may have a go on the same basis. Any more and we leave them alone. And finally, if we get bounced, just duck and head for home as best you can."

He turns the flight back West over the British sector.

OBS roll for "Quinns" 3d6+2 = (6 + 2 + 1) + 2 = 11

OBS roll for enemy 3d6 = (6 + 2 + 5) = 13

Enemy Description d100 = (85) = 85
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502608. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6+2 =
  • (6 + 2 + 1) + 2 =
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 502609. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6 =
  • (6 + 2 + 5) =
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 502615. Wimplesaur
  • d100 =
  • (85) =
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On moment you are all flying peacefully along and the next you hear the rattle of machine guns from behind. Two Albatross scouts have managed to sneak up behind you and the leading machine has a pop at your flight leader from long range. MAR+2, RANGE-3, NET-1. (It requires a 10 or more for a hit)

3d6-1 = (1 + 6 + 6) - 1 = 12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502619. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6-1 =
  • (1 + 6 + 6) - 1 =
  • Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:46 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Patrol
Bullets rip into Protheroe's machine, tearing holes in the wing and rudder.

(His machine suffers damage and is now Fly+4, DAM-2 = NET +2
Manoeuvrability.)

The Dogfight has begun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of turning home, Bellows gains altitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Cope swears and urges his machine forward to take up a covering position just behind Bellows, shadowing his path. They might get chewed out on the ground, but at least they'd both have a decent chance to make it there. And if the Jerries tried to go for any squadmate who turned tail, there'd be two Pups on their tails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeeter sees everything unfold and watches as two of his squad mates gain altitude. He thinks for a moment to drop in altitude to try to split up the Gerries behind them, but then realizes it's probably safer to be in numbers. In like fasion, skeeter starts to gain altitude and rather aggressively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He hadn't heard anything. Somehow that surprised him, the graceless silence of it all. Over the roar of the engines he just hadn't heard a thing. He saw the damage, the small chunks of debris tumbling silently back to earth, the holes in Protheroe's machine. Why hadn't he heard anything?

Realising, red face and burning, that his scarf was wrapped around his ears Bertram fumbled with it. His gloved hands felt monstrous. On either side the cockpit seemed to press in on him, a tiny coffin of wood and canvas wrapping him up in its arms. He could hear his heart, its steady thump thump thump getting faster and faster.

Then, everywhere, there was music. The staccato hammering of the German guns, the roar as Harlequin flight gained altitude, the singing whistle of the wind on his face. Trying to still his racing pulse, to desperately remember something green and pleasant amid the knot of terror rising in his gut, Bertram hauled back on the stick and attempted to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ant felt panic rising in his belly. He tried very hard not to wet himself. The others were following him. He did not know what to do next. "Those are real bullets", Ant thought. "They kill men."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Protheroe hears the deadly rattle of Machine Guns from behind as bullets rip into his machine. Turning he sees two blue-tipped Albatross scouts on his tail.

His natural instinct is to drop away at speed because he knows those German machines don't like a steep dive. But that would mean leaving the rest of the flight behind to be butchered by the Hun. He knows he can't do that. Damn!

Glancing to the side he sees the rest of the flight begin to climb away. What in God's name are they doing! The orders were to run for home. One of the German scouts is following the climbing Pups with obvious murderous intent.

Another burst of fire from behind focusses his attention.

There is no choice. He realises he must try to turn the tables and quickly. Pulling back sharply on the stick he attempts to roll over and come back behind the enemy. Gritting his teeth, he hopes none of the bullets have damaged anything vital.

Combat manoeuvre. Modified roll required 13+ to succeed. modified 8 or less results in a spin.

3d6+2 = (2 + 4 + 6) + 2 = 14

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502842. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6+2 =
  • (2 + 4 + 6) + 2 =
  • Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Protheroe's Pup rolls over smoothly and comes down behind the German machine.

The range is long but he has the Hun in his sights and doesn't want to waste a second. He puts his finger on the trigger and lets go with a sustained burst of fire, praying under his breath that the gun doesn't jam.

Firing roll. MAR+3, Range-3, Sustained Fire+2 (Net +2). Required to hit 10+. Gun jams on unmodified 3,4,5,6,7.

3d6+2 = (5 + 4 + 3) + 2 = 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502845. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6+2 =
  • (5 + 4 + 3) + 2 =
  • Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:15 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Patrol
Prothroe's bullets rip into the German machine and smoke starts to billow from the engine. (Sustained 4 damage from a total of 10. Structural damage 6 points remaining).

The Albatross banks and starts to run for home in a shallow dive. His instinct is to follow and finish the Hun off, but he sees the other Albatross closing on the rest of the flight.

He lets the Hun go and turns to climb after Harlequins, hoping he can reach the remaining Albatross before it can catch up with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As his heartbeat began to slow to some semblance or normality Bertram craned his neck, watching Prothroe's graceful manoeuvre and the smoke billowing from the rent German machine.

'Bloody good show Sir!'

He felt immediately foolish. There was no way Prothroe could hear him, no way anyone could hear him. The wind snatched his words and carried them away.

There was still one Hun left and with everyone climbing they were sitting ducks. Jinking and weaving didn't seem like enough, waiting for Prothroe to save them. He needed to turn the tables, to escape and come at the German from another angle.

His hand barely trembled as he pressed the stick forward.

Escape manoeuvre, so he can re-engage from a more advantageous angle.

Escape 3d6 = (2 + 3 + 6) = 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 502855. thecameronin
  • 3d6 =
  • (2 + 3 + 6) =
  • Escape
  • Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:33 pm
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Little by little Ant realized what he had done. "We are sitting ducks", he though. "And it is my fault."

He looked back at the next plane. It was hard to see, sweat was in his eyes. Ant made desperate gestures.

I - left, you - right.

He yanked his pup left, trying to get the hun in his sights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Cole swerves right, jinking madly as Ant breaks left. The other mates were already out of his vision, but if they could keep the Hun busy, their weight in numbers would bring the enemy down.

Dodge maneuver Not going to get me today! 3d6 = (6 + 6 + 3) = 15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 503629. nyriv
  • 3d6 =
  • (6 + 6 + 3) =
  • Not going to get me today!
  • Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:37 pm
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixula wrote:
Little by little Ant realized what he had done. "We are sitting ducks", he though. "And it is my fault."

He looked back at the next plane. It was hard to see, sweat was in his eyes. Ant made desperate gestures.

I - left, you - right.

He yanked his pup left, trying to get the hun in his sights.

Skeeter looked over at Ant and it looked like he was trying to tell him something. Arm up, waving around, arm down.... He must be trying to do a big loop to get behind the hun. Skeeter gathers his wits about him and grabs onto the flight stick and tries to do a big loop to get in position to fire on the hun.

Not really sure what to do here, but I guess it's all a 3d6 roll and we don't have any modifiers, yet. Where is the link to the most updated rules by chance? I seem to have misplaced them... and I hope I roll good....

3d6 = (6 + 6 + 4) = 16

Sweet! Does this mean I have prime position on our attackers now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 503773. Tyraziel
  • 3d6 =
  • (6 + 6 + 4) =
  • Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 am
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ant's dodge is 3d6 = (6 + 1 + 1) = 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 503801. Mixula
  • 3d6 =
  • (6 + 1 + 1) =
  • Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 am
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Patrol
Cameron is the first to pull away from the group of climbing Pups. Protheroe, gaining fast, is praying that the group split. Suddenly Bellows and Cope also split away sharply left and right. He sees Bellow's try to follow, but his weak turn does not shake off the Hun.

The Albatross is now close enough, and the pilot squeezes off a burst at medium range.

GUNS+1, MAR+1, Range= modifier.NET +2 10+ to score a hit.

3d6+2 = (2 + 1 + 2) + 2 = 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 503844. Wimplesaur
  • 3d6+2 =
  • (2 + 1 + 2) + 2 =
  • Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
combat patrol
Ant hears the rattle of the German's guns just behind him. Bullets whistle past his machine with a terrifying whine. He grits his teeth waiting for the inevitable, but somehow the burst has missed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ant utters a little prayer. Then he tries to dive out of the harm's way. Roll: Dive. 3d6 = (1 + 1 + 3) = 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 503863. Mixula
  • 3d6 =
  • (1 + 1 + 3) =
  • Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:00 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |