Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
305 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-21: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Otime: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to Out of Character thread is here!

Welcome to our Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment In Character thread!

This is a Pathfinder Society game. Check out the guild

Players
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Characters

Junpei Terada Cade Grimmond Risa Whitby Zyneste Dondo Chubb Robert
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Master of Spells, Aram Zey has summoned you to the Grand Lodge in Absalom for a new assignment. For some of you, reaching the Grand Lodge was a walk up the street, for others, you may have travelled great distances to reach Absalom on this bright morning. It’s early in the morning and the entry hall of the Grand Lodge is nearly empty. When you enter a small Halfling immediately greets you cheerfully, “You must be here to see the Master of Spells, please have a seat over here with the others. A few of your companions have yet to arrive and its early, even for Aram Zey.” He leads you to a small sitting area. “He’ll be with you shortly.” The Halfling smiles kindly and returns to a desk with a pile of papers.



Perhaps you recognize some of the others in the waiting area. We can assume everyone who ‘s character is posted or listed above as here. I’d imagine there would be some conversation while you wait for the meeting with Aram Zey. Here are some prompts (source here) that other players could have learned during your conversation. Feel free to choose a question and answer in your characters words or thoughts.


• You feel that you owe one member of the party your life. Who is it, and why?
• What is one thing that you are good at that has nothing to do with your adventure training? Why are you adventuring and not making a living doing that? How does this talent/skill help or hinder the group?
• Who do you trust the most and why? Who do you trust the least, and why?
• What is your biggest regret? Something that you had the ability to affect and chose not to…
• You know another party member. How did you meet each other?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Risa is a rare person in that she doesn't regret any of the choices she has made in her life, because they have all led her to this point in her life, and she likes where she has ended up. Change any of them and there's no telling where she might be.

She trusts all of the Pathfinder Society agents with her life, but she trusts Cade the most, since "halflings gotta stick out for each other". The only people she distrusts are the ones who worship evil entities, since she has seen the madness they can wreak first-hand.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade saunters in and gives the Halfling a wide grin. His sandy blonde hair blows in the wind (rather strange, since he is indoors...) and his brilliant blue eyes sparkle as he exclaims "A pleasure! Cade Grimmond, procurer, at your service; And your name, my good fellow?

Ah, speaking of service, I don't suppose you would have any refreshments?

I see I'm not the first to arrive! Risa, isn't it? I've seen you around, a pleasure to finally be working with you. From what I hear, there's another of us joining the group. It will be nice not to be outnumbered by the 'big folk' for once, eh?

(Oh? Yes, thank you, this will take care of my hunger pains until lunch. Much appreciated!)

Have you heard much about our mission? From what I understand, I might have to dust off my cartography skills. It's been quite a while, I'm sure my uncle did not have this sort of thing in mind when he insisted that I learn to write and draw clearly and precisely. But, really, the life of a sage or scribe is not for me! I really need to be out and about, enjoying life and experiencing new things. Don't you agree?"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste had heard rumours of the Pathfinder Society obtaining a Tian wondrous artifact called the Hao Jin tapestry and as such had made a point of requesting her presence on this particular mission.

The monk's defining period of her life had been her time spent in Tian Xia with her then husband Juro, before his untimely passing. Having grown up a simple farm girl in Andoran, she had met and fallen in love with a young Tian diplomat while she had been visiting Absalom with her parents selling their wares. Travelling over the seas to be his wife she then fell in love with his country just as she had fallen in love with the man.

After his death from illness she had stayed for awhile, moving to a monastery and devoting herself to the quest for enlightenment and spiritual perfection through discipline and intense meditiation. One important form of this discipline was her practice with her favourite childhood weapon and plaything, the bow.

Back in Absalom again after returning to find her Andoran parents also passed from this world, she has devoted herself to serving the Pathfinder Society and is intrigued to be a part of this mission which she hopes will be another step on her path to perfecting her soul.

Entering the briefing she immediately senses the warmth and good spirit present in the room. She smiles and bows slightly at the two friendly looking halflings having a chat and then squints at a shape in the shadows and her spirits soar even more. "Dondo? Dondo, is that you? My friend, it has been quite awhile, but I'm so pleased to see a familiar face on this mission. I see you haven't changed. I almost didn't see you in there. Come out of the shadows, and tell me what you've been upto since that disappointing business with the gillmen over in Kortos!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo steps out from the corner, still chewing on a pastry picked up from the nearby tray. While there wasn't any deep shadows where he was standing, his loose, dark clothing seemed to blend in to whatever was behind him. Now however, his hood and was thrown back so you could see that he had brown, curly hair that went in all directions, dark brown eyes and a bright, friendly smile that would surely give him away in the dark if he ever showed it.

"Zyneste! My friend! I am well, how are you?" Excitement shows on the little halflings face as he greets his companion from previous adventures. "I took a small break from adventuring...nasty business at times, and not nearly enough food. However, the life of ease does not pay for itself, and my coin purse has gotten lighter, although I don't think I have." Dondo smiles again as he pats his ample midsection. The shape of his body was certainly not one you would expect of someone dressed as a ninja.

Dondo, knowing Zyneste's shyness, guides the archer over to the other halflings. "Hello, I am Dondo Chubb, and this is my archer friend Zyneste. It's always nice to have other halflings on the quest, as it will insure that mealtimes will receive their proper priority. So, anyone know what this mission will be about?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade smiles and nods in greeting. "Sorry! I did not see you there. Cade Grimmond, procurer, at your service, a pleasure to meet you!" Pausing for a moment, he surreptitiously makes a sign with his left hand and waits a moment, popping the last of a piece of fruit into his mouth.

Seeing no response, he continues. "I agree, you'd think that bigger folk would eat bigger meals, but they just seem to pick away at their food like birds.

No offense meant, of course!

From what little I have heard, it's something about a tapestry and a mapping expedition. Possibly a woven treasure map?"
he finishes with a casual shrug.





6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert walks in and is directed to the table with the others. As he approaches, you notice he seems to be lacking eyebrows, as though they had been singed off... the rest of his hair, though, is a deep brown and flowing color, plied thick enough to almost, but not quite hide his half-elven ears. Good Morning everyone. I'm glad I got here before the briefing started.... showing up late to your first mission is just not such a good thing, right? I hope to learn a great deal from you all. While I'm confident in my throwing arm enough, I'm sure there is a great deal more to this mission than throwing a few bombs at some annoying marauders - though I will say that was a great deal of fun the last time I had to do it. Anyway, did I miss anything yet?

Robert looks around the group for a moment.... Hmmm, haven't I seen one of you in my shop before? I deal in many potions, and the shop is not far from here.... Well, no matter..... oooh! Breakfast. Don't mind if I do! And with that, Robert grabs a pastry from the tray and begins eating it in a seemingly careless, though somehow quite focused manner.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After Robert walks in and introduces himself, you notice the halfling look up from his papers and cock his head slightly to the left, "Yes sir...yes sir, they're all here... I will send them down immediately." He walks over to the party. "Master Zey will see you now, please follow those steps down. He is waiting for you. Best of luck!" He smiles kindly and points you in the direction of a nearby stairwell leading down.

As you walk toward to stairwell the halfling begins to clear the refreshments from the area where you all were gathered. If you look back, you see a slight look of sadness cross his face when he sees the party has finished all of the fruit and cakes....

Victory in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament earned the Pathfinder Society a pick of the legendary treasures of the Tian sorceress Hao Jin, and the Decemvirate knew just what item to select: a frayed and dirty tapestry hidden deep in Hao Jin’s vault. This unassuming tapestry acts as a doorway to another dimension in which Hao Jin stored her most massive items, including entire buildings, battlefields, and the ruins of ancient civilizations. The Pathfinder Society is now methodically exploring and cataloging the diverse locales tucked within this extradimensional space.

Deep beneath Absalom’s Grand Lodge, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Spells, Aram Zey, gestures at the tapestry hung on the wall, surrounded by ladders and scaffolds. Scholars and diviners scurry around the tapestry, analyzing its abstract patterns and comparing insights.

Zey snaps his finger to quiet the room and speaks rapidly.


“The aasimar nation of Tianjing contains a handful of temples to Korada, Empyreal Lord of forgiveness and foresight. The Pathfinder Society is interested in exploring these holy sites, but the aasimar disciples in Tianjing are reluctant to grant the Pathfinder Society full access to their faith’s secrets."

"Fortunately, the custodian council of Tianjing gifted one such temple to Hao Jin centuries ago. This temple—the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment—now sits vacant within the museum demiplane of the Hao Jin Tapestry. We need well-trained explorers to survey the isolated and abandoned site."

“We will transport you to the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment within the Hao Jin Tapestry and provide you with a small cache of supplies. We need a complete report on the temple with a focus on four key locations."


Zey pauses for breath, looks intently at the pathfinders, and begins listing off the tasks on his fingers.

"First, locate the temple’s meditation room, find evidence of any meditative techniques described there, and record any effects of performing those techniques. Second, prepare a comprehensive catalog of all works in the temple library. Third, find the temple gardens and draft a detailed plan of the garden’s layout. Finally, enter the temple’s crypt and take rubbings of the carvings on each sarcophagus."

“You will enter the tapestry within the hour. Any questions?”


The cache of supplies includes plenty of food, water, ink, charcoal, parchment, rice paper, and measuring twine. In addition to any questions you may have for Zey, you can also roll Knowledge History and/or Religion Checks to see what information you may recall.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"A demiplane? Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Do you have any idea of the conditions inside there? I seem to recall my uncle saying something about other planes not having the same rules as our world..."

He racks his brain, wishing that he had paid more attention to his studies rather than wandering off looking for adventure.

knowledge (history): 1d20+7 = (2) + 7 = 9
knowledge (planes): 1d20+7 = (10) + 7 = 17 (just in case it might provide any useful information)

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 494049. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (2) + 7 =
  • 9
  • knowledge (history):
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:01 am
  • [+]
  • 494050. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (10) + 7 =
  • 17
  • knowledge (planes):
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:01 am
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aram Zey nods in recognition of Cade's question and replies, " Hao Jin created her museum demiplane with an environment identical to Golarion's. It has air, weather, and gravity just as you'd expect. However, in the centuries since Hao Jin's disappearance, the weather patterns wthin much of the tapestry demiplane have shifted, so we're uncertain of the precise environment around the Temple of Empyreal Enlightment."

Cade does not recall any additional information about Tianjing or the Temple of Empyreal Enlightment.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the absence, I was particpating in a sleep study last night and this morning. As such I have had little time to reply to PbFs as well as being exhausted.

"Do you know who or what was buried in the crypt?" Junpei asks.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The description of the temple reminds Zyneste of those over in Tian where she studied and she is overjoyed to be soon given the chance to explore it. In particular the opportunity to learn and practice some new meditative exercises and contemplate its glorious gardens. One thing seems unclear to her, though. "Excuse me Master Zey, but did you say exactly how we are to enter this tapestry...and how do we make our way back?"

The monk also casts her mind back to her time in the Tian monastery's libraries and tries to recall any information she might have encountered on the Korada religion or Tianjing.

Know (history): 1d20+3 = (18) + 3 = 21
Know (religion): 1d20+3 = (6) + 3 = 9
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 494158. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (18) + 3 =
  • 21
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 494159. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (6) + 3 =
  • 9
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Risa's mouth dropped open as she listened to Master Zey, and she rattles off several questions. "Really? There's an entire world inside that carpet? Whaaw, and I haven't even seen half of this world yet. What's this temple like that we're going too? Does anyone live there? Who's buried in those crypts? Is this temple dedicated to Korada as well?"

Knowledge (history): 1d20+5+1 = (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Knowledge (religion): 1d20+5+1 = (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Both include +1 bonus from guidance.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 494415. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+5+1 =
  • (2) + 5 + 1 =
  • 8
  • Knowledge (religion):
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 494418. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+5+1 =
  • (15) + 5 + 1 =
  • 21
  • Knowledge (history):
  • Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:44 pm
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo reaction of amazement mirrors that of the other halflings, and as his mind processed the info, he ends up missing a lot of the briefing. He snaps back at the mention of gardening though (it was a hobby of his), but the discussion of crypts reminds him of why he took a break from this nonsense.

He murmurs under his breath, "If it's not running around crypts chasing the undead, it's camping out in the freezing cold, or being propositioned by a demon-lover."

Glancing at the pile of supplies, he thinks, "Well, at least they have enough food. Let's hope it contains some juicy fresh fruit or maybe more of those pastries."

Summoning the fortitude needed to proceed, Dondo replies, "No questions here, sir."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert thinks on the mission, listening to the more experienced members of the party ask questions. Finally, in a long pause, he adds his own voice: "Any thoughts on how many sarcophagi we'll need to examine? Is that even enough paper to take rubbings of them all?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aram Zey nods approvingly at at the party's questions. “I knew I made a good choice in appointing you to this mission.” He engages in conversation with you and answers your questions.

To Junpei, “In the crypt? I would assume the good bodies of notable Aasimar priests of Korada. But, we cannot know for sure of course and we hope the rubbings you get from the sarcophagi will provide the answer. It is imperative to the Decemvirate and our Society that we fully catalog the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment. You should all be honored that to be the first Pathfinder Agents to explore this location within the Hao Jin Tapestry."

To Zyneste, “A creature entering the tapestry leaves a planar eddy in its wake. It looks like a ball of light about two feet across. The planar eddy is visible and usable only by that creature as long as it remains alive. Enter your planar eddy to return here. I will show you the specific procedure for entering the tapestry as soon as I finish answering your questions”

To Risa, “The Temple of Empyreal Enlightment, indeed, is dedicated to Korada, the Empyreal Lord of foresight, forgiveness, and peace. We have no reason to think the temple is occupied. It is likely uninhabited except by ancient guardians or traps, although I supposed some scavengers may have found their way into the structure.”

To Dondo and Robert, “I do not know the precise number of sarcophagi. You should have more than enough paper and materials to document a thorough exploration.” Looking at Dondo, “ And you have enough food to last several days. I expect a full exploration might take a few days, depending on the condition of the temple. Take all the time you need.”

“I have told you everything I know about the Temple. Make any last minute preparations as you see fit. When you are ready, I will show you how to enter the tapestry."

You see the Hao Jin Tapestry before you:
Quote:
The Hao Jin Tapestry is a centuries-old tapestry, measuring 5 feet by 7 feet. It is dirty and quite worn around the edges, though careful examination shows the wear to be structurally stable—the tapestry is in no danger of unraveling, and may have been woven that way on purpose to deter potential thieves. The patterns of the tapestry are highly abstract with lines, shapes, and patterns in a variety of colors, none of which are attractive on their own or in conjunction with each other.
The Pathfinder Society scholars laboring to understand the tapestry have determined that the seemingly abstract features of the tapestry correspond with the actual features of the demiplane held within it. Those who enter the plane determine where they appear inside by which point on the tapestry they are touching when they speak the command words. Exploration teams have set an elaborate scaffold in front of the tapestry so they can reach any point on it easily and touch the tapestry in the correct place without accidentally brushing up against the edges.

Zyneste and Risa are able to recall the following information about Tianjing and the Temple of Empyreal Enlightment.
Quote:
Tianjing i s a nation of a asimars i n the Dragon Empires. The empire of Lung Wa protected, rather than conquered, Tianjing, allowing philosophy and arts to flourish in the aasimar nation. Several centuries ago, Hao Jin performed a great service for Tianjing’s custodian council. In gratitude, the council presented the sorceress with a temple of Korada, the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment, to add to her collection.
Nobody has been able to recall any specific information about Korada at this time.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade carefully gathers the writing supplies and tucks them away safely with his own in a scroll case, then places it back in the side pocket of his pack. He trusts the provisions to the larger folk, not wanting to overburden himself.

"I am all ready to go. This should be exciting!" he exclaims as he walks up to the tapestry rubbing his hands together.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste willingly accepts what provisions she can easily store in her pack without becoming encumbered and gathers with the halflings ready to enter into the tapestry.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Excellent, approach brave halfling, you shall be the first to enter the Hao Jin Tapestry." Aram Zey escorts Cade onto the scaffold and instructs him to place his fingers upon a symbol of three linked circles in the tapestry's weave. The Master of spells utters a trigger word and Cade disappears from the Material Plane, whisked into Hao Jin's demiplane.

"Zyneste, it looks like you are ready, come then my lady."

Master Zey repeats this process with each of you when are ready.

Everyone is free to make any last minute purchases
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Satisfied with the Master of Spells' answer, Junpei starts to pack a significant portion of the provisions into his backpack. "I guess I'll make some new friends on this mission." he says as he packs and looks to the halflings with a smile on his face.

As he finishes packing, he looks up in time to see Cade disappear and a look of concern crosses his face. "Master Zey, I have a request." he says as Aram Zey prepares to send Zyneste into the tapestry. "My horse, Hiroshi, is in the stables here at the Grand Lodge. Could you please arrange for her to be fed and possibly exercised whilst I am away. I shall repay the cost of her feed when I return. I had no idea that we would be departing so suddenly and that I would not be able to take her this time, otherwise I would have arranged for her to be cared for."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo heads over to the supplies and picks up the necessary items for mapping out the garden. After stowing the measuring twine, ink and other items into his pack, he also grabs as much extra food that will fit without slowing him down.

Watching Junpei pack a host of food, he smiles at the samurai. "I think we will be good friends, indeed."

The small ninja takes a moment to observe Cade's and Zyneste's entry into the tapestry before stepping up to Mester Zey. "You are confident this is safe?" After getting an affirming nod, he hikes up his pack and says, "I am ready then."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbing whatever is left of the rations and stuffing them quickly into his pack, Robert approaches the scaffolding, climbing towards the spot everyone else touched.

"Well, here we go. This should be exciting!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rai
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zey pauses as Zyneste climbs the scaffold and turns to Junpei, “I understand the strong bond between a Samurai and his mount. If you’d like to keep him near you, the temple should have a stable or a place to keep the horse outside if necessary. We can have Hiroshi brought down if you wish. The bond between you should be strong enough to carry him through if you hold his bridle with one hand and touch the symbol on the tapestry with the other. However, if you would like to keep him here at the Grand Lodge, we will take good care of him till your return.”

To Dondo, “I can assure you, you will safely arrive in the demiplane. Come then.”



One by one the party enters the tapestry.

After touching the symbol of the three linked circles, you instantaneously find yourselves standing atop a forested hill in front of a large, wide building of burnished white stone. The sky above is bright and the air smells clean and fresh. Behind each arriving creature floats a 2-foot-diameter sphere of pulsing blue light, each visible only to the creature whose journey to the tapestry created it.

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment is a wide structure. The graceful building has no sharp corners; the white marble walls are carved with soft, round edges. The edifice appears well-scrubbed, but despite this obvious care black flecks of mold cover its surface. A gravel path leads into an airy courtyard and up to a pair of large wooden double doors. The doors are carved with an image of four spheres resting inside an open lotus flower.

In the courtyard you see a small Tian halfling. He does not notice you. He appears to be engaged in some sort of walking meditation. He walks slowly in a small circle, round and round, and seems to be repeating some sort of mantra. As he walks, he is continuously spinning three glass spheres on the palm of his right hand held high above his head.

When you take you take your next move, please also give me a perception check. This scene might also jar some of your character’s memories about Korada if you want to roll another Knowledge Religion.
Map is up on roll20
https://app.roll20.net/join/233232/xlBWuA



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Risa eagerly walks into the temple, squinting at all the sights with her broken eyes. She engages the Tian halfling by introducing herself, and asking several questions.

"Hi there! I'm Risa, with the Pathfinder Society, and these are my friends! Do you live in this place? What's your name? What are you doing? What are those spheres you're twirling?"

Perception: 1d20+4 = (16) + 4 = 20
Knowledge (religion): 1d20+5+1 = (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Remember that Risa only has 30' darkvision.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 495742. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • Perception:
  • Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:10 am
  • [+]
  • 495743. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+5+1 =
  • (16) + 5 + 1 =
  • 22
  • Knowledge (religion):
  • Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |