Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
62 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: The 24/48 Hour RPG + RPGG Adventure Bounty Event! Play games, write reviews, earn GG! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings RPGGers!

Executive summary: Write reviews or session reports about our 2013 24 or 48 hour RPGs and earn (extra) Geekgold!

There has been a lot of great content produced on this site over the years, and some of the most creative and exciting has been actual RPGs!, produced in the many design contests we've had over the years. Unfortunately, these little games all too often fade to the background after the contests.

We here at Nation of Steves don't like this: the creators put a lot of work into these games, and they deserve to be discussed far beyond the contests! So we would love to see more session reports, reviews, and other content for these games. And we here at Nation of Steves are willing to reward you for it!

Here's the plan:

1. For each review or session report you submit about one of the entries to the 2013 RPG Geek 24 Hour RPGs or the 2013 RPG Geek 48 Hour RPGs OR a submission to Bryce's 2013 Adventure Design Contest, we'll match the Geekmod reward you receive. Exciting Bonus: We'll also reward you for discussing any entry in the 24/48 hour design contests OR adventure design contests from past years! Get those games (and scenarios) back to the table!

2. For other substantial content (player aids, critiques, scenarios, strategy guides), we'll reward you with 4 GG.

3. To claim your reward, post a link to your submission in this thread and we'll tip you!

4. We'll continue rewarding folks until either we've run through 500 GG or we reach February 14, 2014. ('Cause, you know, we love these games.)

5. The fine print: Yes, you are eligible to discuss your own games. You can receive the award multiple times for the same game (within reason). This reward stacks with any other you receive for your report (such as one from the game's creator). Any other questions, please post below.

Hopefully such discussions and play reports will encourage us all to try a wider array of games, provide valuable feedback to our design community, and encourage the games' designers to continue working on these creations and turn them into finished, truly fantastic games.

This effort is brought to you by the letter "S" and these users:

Santa who?
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Stuhvve Durkey
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sometimes, it takes a Nation of Steves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The 24/48 Hour RPG Bounty Event! Play games, write reviews, earn GG!
A note for those of you who haven't been following the contests: thanks to the recent file upload problems, the 2013 RPG GEEK 48-Hour RPG Contest has been extended through the weekend. So look for those RPGs to appear on the system early this coming week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
What about VOIP games? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who's written one of those games:

If you have any questions or suggestions: please contact the author. I'm sure they would love the feedback and would rather clarify something that may not have come out on paper as well as it sounded in their head, rather than have you have a bad experience with their game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa who?
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
Juleske wrote:

Yes. If you write a session report about your VoIP session it will count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
GilvanBlight wrote:
As someone who's written one of those games:

If you have any questions or suggestions: please contact the author. I'm sure they would love the feedback and would rather clarify something that may not have come out on paper as well as it sounded in their head, rather than have you have a bad experience with their game.
Agreed! I'm more than happy to hear feedback. (Or give clarifications on things I might have glossed over...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Juleske wrote:
I'm in in case you're going to run one whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
If you can't beat the heat... You're not Jack Sly.
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOHOO!!! I look forward to reading some reviews about cHAos! I'd also like to establish it as an OGL for anyone who wishes to expand it, but I don't know how to swim through the legalities of an OGL. (Don't worry about the lawyers making issues; refer them to this post if they like. And tell them that the Intergalactic Empire of Wallaboos gives you express permission to use the rules as you see fit.) Have at it.

By the way, cHAos was already expanded with PRIME - Heroes of Galaxia, if anyone wants to see one way it can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, is this a limited-time offer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but not too limited!

From the first post:

vestige wrote:
4. We'll continue rewarding folks until either we've run through 500 GG or we reach February 14, 2014. ('Cause, you know, we love these games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Wood
United States
Frankfort
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.accessiblegames.biz
badge
Author of Psi-punk - Coming Soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this.

As an added bribe, 5 GG from me to the first 10 people to write session reports of said games. Just GM me. (Originally I was going to offer this for playing my games, but that seemed selfish. So it's open to any qualifying session report.)

Also, definitely contact me if you need clarifications on my games. And if you want to play Monster Kart Mayhem, use the newest version and not the original, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally think that the desginers of the said games should run PbV session of their games. I'd be willing to play in any of those games and I'm sure lots of other people would also love to play in those
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa who?
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
I'm far more interested in seeing someone else run one of my games.

To be honest, I don't expect there to be much action on this reward. I've offered a 5 bounty on session reports or reviews on my last two entries and had exactly one taker. I'd love to see this initiative succeed, but I'm not exactly sweating the likely outlay of geek gold.

I've been hard at work on this initiative already. At the end of this, if anyone has more reviews or session reports on 24/48 hour games than me, I'll give them 100 gg.

Mob Rules 24 hr, 2013
The Short Version? Man, I would kill to see the 48 or 72 hour version of this game!

Adventurer and Troll 24 hr, 2013
Adventurer and Troll? This might be the first "filler" rpg that works.

Agents of Five 24 hr, 2013
Agents of Five? I should have paid more attention to the math
First Playtest: Get the vaccine!
Second Playtest: Break the siege

Antlers 24 hr, 2013
Antlers? A great idea that could use a little more development
Aliens of the Corn

I also have reviews for a few earlier years, but these, plus anymore I write/run for 2013 entries are the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to run The Space Around You as a PbF... but I'm already running a Shadowrun game in real life... and then there is the holiday craziness... and all the board game parties on weekends... so time is a huge factor for me.

But if I could, I love to fit it in... it just won't be possible for me until January at the earliest (and since this does run though Feb, maybe that would work.)

I'd also love to see how other people run the game. Since I created it, I know my ideas for how it would go - but seeing someone else's ideas would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrie, would you be willing to run a game as a PbV game? As in Google Hangout? IT would be great to play in a game with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Carrie, would you be willing to run a game as a PbV game? As in Google Hangout? IT would be great to play in a game with you
Would that require people looking at me?...blush...I admit to being camera shy. I do have Google Hangout all set up on my computer (no Skype for me), so I certainly could do it that way...

EDIT: Spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll fix Antlers and then we'll see what I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa who?
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
I ran Antlers. There were some questions, but I suspect the author could just go for it. If I run any of mine on VOIP, it will probably be as is and I'll just consider it another playtest and advertise it as such...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
Would that require people looking at me?...blush...I admit to being camera shy. I do have Google Hangout all set up on my computer (no Skype for me), so I certainly could do it that way...

EDIT: Spelling
You can always keep your video off, in which case we'd just hear you

Also, I was VERY nervous a few first times, but then I forgot about being "on camera" as it felt so much like just friends hanging around the same table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Juleske wrote:
I'm in in case you're going to run one whistle

I'd love to, there's some really neat ones there. At first glance I see at least five that I want to play! But our agenda is pretty much packed for the holidays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! I need to get on this ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put out a call for VOIP sessions based on games from this contest here. Come play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'll happily answer any questions for Little Folk, then you get to virtually watch as the poor hamster that powered the thoughts that developed it wear itself out as I try to recall what I was thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Futthark certainly needs explining. Please ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a review of New best friend, Shawn's solo RPG submission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |